Odd Controller Disconnection Issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Lately, I've been having a problem with my wireless controller(s) disconnecting. Yes, my batteries are fully charged and yes, I tried resyncing. The controller always disconnects in the heat of battle, but never when there isn't any combat or other action. Sometimes, it gets so bad that I end up reconnecting the controller up to six times during combat. I've never had this problem before and nothing has changed with my setup.

Any solutions or fixes?

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
Sounds like you should buy a new controller or first use a friend's and test if it does the same thing. If a different controller does it, it must be your xbox. If not, just get a new controller.
ryan71889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ryan71889
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts
i dont know. I myself have been having problems with my controler as well. It does the same thing but also at time will randomly pause. And its the halo 3 edition controler. This is strange seeing as how I take very good care of my stuff... And my wireless mic is pi$$ing me off also
Freighter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Freighter14
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
yeah that's been happening to me as well. a brand new controller and a brand new system and my controller disconnects every 5 seconds in the heat of battle. any help?
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts

I'm absolutely certain that it's a connection issue between the batteries and the contacts. When my first controller started to disconnect, I put a piece of aluminum foil between the metal contacts and the batteries in the battery compartment, and the controller worked just fine after that, but I ended up exchanging that 360 anyway (for the new Zephyr HDMI ones). I've had my current controller for a year now and just a few weeks ago it's starts having this same disconnection problem, so I tried the aluminum foil trick again, and I even turned off rumble (so the vibrations won't loosen the connections -- which is prolly why your controller keeps disconnecting btw) yet it still didn't work properly. Now, it doesn't turn on AT ALL! It just stopped working, so I guess I have to buy a new one.

Either that's the problem, or it's because you're using cheapass batteries, which can't provide enough power for rumble to work, so the controller keeps shutting down.

DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Is it just the one controller? Are there any new wireless devices around the house? Does the battery connector connect perfectly still?
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
I have the same problem but with a WIRED controller! It keeps saying controller is not plugged in every 5 seconds