Oblivion Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

When a stat is damaged (like Agility) how can you reverse this?

Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

When a stat is damaged (like Agility) how can you reverse this?

Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)

CharmedGamer

same question dude

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

What you do is look under your stats for which skill is being affected (agility for example) - then either buy a potion or get the ingrediants to create a potion through Alchemy to reverse the affects. Terminology is important as a "boost" won't reverse it but a "rejuvination" will. Unfortunately I can't recall what the exact terms are in Oblivion for the difference between a "boost" and a "rejuvination" - sorry you'll have to experiment unless someone else remembers the difference in terms. I just remember the two terms are similar and if you take the time to buy or make a boost spell - you'll be wasting it if you're trying to rejuvinate one of your attributes. I would suggest posting this same question over on the Oblivion boards - you'll probably get a better answer.

:)

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DataDream

What you do is look under your stats for which skill is being affected (agility for example) - then either buy a potion or get the ingrediants to create a potion through Alchemy to reverse the affects. Terminology is important as a "boost" won't reverse it but a "rejuvination" will. Unfortunately I can't recall what the exact terms are in Oblivion for the difference between a "boost" and a "rejuvination" - sorry you'll have to experiment unless someone else remembers the difference in terms. I just remember the two terms are similar and if you take the time to buy or make a boost spell - you'll be wasting it if you're trying to rejuvinate one of your attributes. I would suggest posting this same question over on the Oblivion boards - you'll probably get a better answer.

DataDream

Ok - just googled it...

You want to create a spell that "restores" your attribute. That means heals that attribute.

"Fortifying" an attribute is different and boosts the attribute but one heal a negative affect.

So create or buy a Restoration spell for the attribute you need healed. Then take the potion and wait a few seconds and you should be good to go.

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts

Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)CharmedGamer

If you have done more bad things then good things you won't be able to get a blessing at the church.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CharmedGamer
Thanks for the help everyone but I guess I'll never get a blessing at the church( I steal a lot).
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pygmahia5

[QUOTE="CharmedGamer"]Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)lovetheblindone

If you have done more bad things then good things you won't be able to get a blessing at the church.

how do u do more good things? missions?

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DataDream

If you play the Knights of the Nine quests - there is a way (though it will take a while) to completely erase all of your bad deeds. You'll want to google it - You have to go and pray at all of a certain type of shrine all over the world map and then return to the preist in the KOTN sector and your imfamy will drop to Zero.

Like I said google something like "Reducing Imfamy Oblivion" - or something to that effect.

ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

You can steal all you want, it only counts if you have a bounty.

Pay off your bounty and you can pray at churches etc.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Try this website

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
[QUOTE="lovetheblindone"]

[QUOTE="CharmedGamer"]Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)pygmahia5

Yeah, as long as you don't have to do anything evil like murder or stealing.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pygmahia5
[QUOTE="pygmahia5"][QUOTE="lovetheblindone"]

[QUOTE="CharmedGamer"]Also I can't pray at church, it keeps telling me to repent but I have noi dea how to(I don't have any bounties on my head.)lovetheblindone

Yeah, as long as you don't have to do anything evil like murder or stealing.

how many "good" missions will i have to do b4 i can pray at churches etc.?

ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

just pay your bounty and you are magically good again.

Good missions will NOT help you.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CharmedGamer

You can steal all you want, it only counts if you have a bounty.

Pay off your bounty and you can pray at churches etc.

ThaSod

I don't have a bounty and it still says REPENT! It must be something else.