No swelling in FNR3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
When I played the demo of this game I remember my opponent had gotten a swollen eye pretty quickly, but today when I actually bought the game, while playing career mode neither of our eyes swell at all, even if the announcer says that it is badly swollen. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a glitch?

Thanks.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lobster_Ear
Anyone else experience this? Could it possibly be just in career mode that it does this?
Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts
Wow, I haven't seen this argument in a while, but it's true.  It's a glitch or just bad programming on EA's part where there's no swelling in career mode.
darkgamer17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkgamer17
Member since 2005 • 1039 Posts
i think its a glitch because when i play in career mode(i rented it) it always swelled up
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lobster_Ear
Wow, I haven't seen this argument in a while, but it's true. It's a glitch or just bad programming on EA's part where there's no swelling in career mode.Splincir
So it's only in career mode? That's weird.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
No, actually the swelling only occurs on already modelled characters. If you create your own character (which you probably did for career mode) There is not as much detail as the already made guys. Just play a game with the real characters then a game with characters made by you. You'll see the difference in detail.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lobster_Ear
i think its a glitch because when i play in career mode(i rented it) it always swelled up darkgamer17
Thats retarded. Fight Night is the only good series that EA has and they can't even get that right.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lobster_Ear
No, actually the swelling only occurs on already modelled characters. If you create your own character (which you probably did for career mode) There is not as much detail as the already made guys. Just play a game with the real characters then a game with characters made by you. You'll see the difference in detail.MADVLAD123
But even the people that I fight in career mode don't have any swelling.
Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]No, actually the swelling only occurs on already modelled characters. If you create your own character (which you probably did for career mode) There is not as much detail as the already made guys. Just play a game with the real characters then a game with characters made by you. You'll see the difference in detail.Lobster_Ear

Listen, I don't know what these other guys are playing, but I'm telling you that FN3 has no swelling in career mode.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
No surprize. It's ea we're talking about.
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I got FNR3 today to, and yea, my characters eye began to swell up pretty fast.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lobster_Ear
I got FNR3 today to, and yea, my characters eye began to swell up pretty fast.GunnerVIII
In career mode?
Vinny6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vinny6
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts
I always got the other guys left eye to swell, mine never did, though
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]No, actually the swelling only occurs on already modelled characters. If you create your own character (which you probably did for career mode) There is not as much detail as the already made guys. Just play a game with the real characters then a game with characters made by you. You'll see the difference in detail.Lobster_Ear

Unless they are real boxer's models, the generated fake people do not have any swelling detail. If you play a real boxer, the face deforms and swells up right. But most of the people you play in career mode are fake people. Their models are just generated. And they do not have the same details as the real boxers.

_LEGIONS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 _LEGIONS_
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts
^^ what he said. Although they did fix the glitch in the PS3 version. If like me you own both consoles, both versions are VERY similar.
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
[QUOTE="GunnerVIII"]I got FNR3 today to, and yea, my characters eye began to swell up pretty fast.Lobster_Ear
In career mode?

After spending some time with the game, I have to say that when my character or the opponent gets a swollen eye, it dosen't really show it much, but the eye turns a little pink. if you do manual heal, you'll see what i'm talking about.