Ninja Gaiden 2 or Devil May Cry 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arch_xEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Arch_xEagle
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts

Wats better ninja gaiden 2 or devil may cry 4

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I've never played the Ninja Gaiden series before. it's supposed to be really awesome! but Devil May Cry has always been a good series, although I haven't played the 4th one before. but from what I hear, Ninja Gaiden 2 is better.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
ninja gaiden 2 is better
wolfx258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wolfx258
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
are u kidding me??????? ive played both games. i HAVE both games. i regret buying ninja gaiden 2. it is so stupid. yeah it has some really good parts but u get bored of it after every half chapter. devil may cry 4 doesn't only have really good PARTS. but the whole game is extroadinary. man i can't believe that guy said ninja gaiden 2 was better.
wolfx258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolfx258
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
wrongbut please do't understand me wrong. they are both really good games. but devil may cry 4 wins by a loooooong shot in my opinion. but at the end of the day it is really only YOUR choice AND YOUR choice alone. sorry i didn't mean to go all yoda and star wars on you.
Kayvon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kayvon2
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts
Oh please. DMC was a nub game. NG2 will make a man out of you. I own both by the way.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

NG2, not just because I'm the biggest fan of all Ninja Gaiden games but I heard the Devil May Cry 4 was garbage and from the demo alone I can see why.

travistk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 travistk55
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i own both games and ninja gaiden 2 is better cause it doesnt load so much!

Devil may cry kills me with the loading

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mclakers
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts
NG2 is a must, also the firts NG is awsome, DMC4 is great but its no NINJA GAIDEN Trust me, but you cant go wrong with any of these
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
i personally like Devil May Cry 4 the best.
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts

Get both if you can. If not:

DMC4 is more style oriented, with some nice moves and power ups to go.

Ninja Gaiden is faster and a whole lot more violent.

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts

DEVIL MAY CRY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it stay fresh and entertaining....while NG2 treads into redundant land within 3 hrs

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

DMC4 is trash

once you get halfway throught the game you get to play through it again for the other half

how awesome

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 is better then DMC4, without a doubt, get NG2 instead.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
NG2. the game is simply just good and difficult but it never disappoints you. the only thing thats disappointing about it is if you get yourself killed because YOU suck! Devil may cry got repetitive after the first couple of levels.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kozzy1234

DMC4 = 7/10

NG2 = 9 or 9.5/10

In my opinion:D

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
have both and i like them equal only prob i had with both games is the stories and dmc is usally good with that. So yeah you cant go wrong but NG2 takes alot more skill dmc gets pretty hard too on the higher difficulty levels.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I've never played the Ninja Gaiden series before. it's supposed to be really awesome! but Devil May Cry has always been a good series, although I haven't played the 4th one before. but from what I hear, Ninja Gaiden 2 is better.orb_03_2006

so basically you posted to say you have no official opinion on Either game.......

personally. I have played DMC4 and its a pretty hard game, but the controls are not as good/fun as NGII. also i like how NGII has more weapons and items that you can use/buy. I prefer the full 3d style of NGII. The backgrounds that are fixed with no camera adjustment in DMC4 is kinda anoying sometimes, and it seems they do it just to make the game more difficult. But DMC4 has really cool seetings and some HUGE boss fights. and its not a short game. its similar to the original NG in a few ways.

bottom line, i prefer NG II over DMC4, but not by a whole lot. I want to get NGII, but i'm just waiting til i see it on sale or used.

xX-roamster-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xX-roamster-Xx
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

i dunno about NG2 .. i dont have it.. i hve devil may cry 4/

at first i liked it

but after like 4 chapters outta 21 it gets boring and repitetive ... u enter a mission collect orbs tkae the secret mission ..not only that its just like the game ha so many movies and so much loading u just get pissed at it sometimes...id say NG2

AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

Honestly both are only worth a rental. DMC4 is easy unless you want to keep playing it over in harder difficulties. Story line sucks.

NG2 was very disappointing to me as NG for the xbox was amazing and in order to make NGII just as good would be to follow in the 1st step but it didnt and got very boring within 15 minutes of each level.

I can say that I played DMC4 more but I dont know why as I was bored doing so.

DarkOmnios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkOmnios
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

The two games are very good....

I´m a fan from DMC, but i also play NG1 and 2....

And i have to say that DMC4 droop a litle for me becouse the lack of IA that the 3 had....but it continues to be a great game....

NG2 i like it to, but it wasn´t perfect....i didnt like the camera, but if most pick one pick none :P

I choose both, they are great´s game.....

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Get both of 'em
Ghaora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghaora
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
Alot of people report technical issues with Ninja Gaiden 2, I rented it and I couldn't even get the damn thing to load the first level.
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Both are good, but DMC4 wins for me. Ninja Gaiden 2 lacks polish and charisma. The combat's fun, but easily gets stale. Half the time is spent blocking and counter-attacking, you barely ever get to use any of the cool combos that you get. On the plus side, there's a huge variety of weapons, the game provides a genuine challenge (when it isn't being cheap, which is rare) and the different difficulties will last you a while. But the whole game has an undeniable blandness running through it, whether it be the monster designs or the levrl designs. The story ain't too good either. Devil May Cry is fantastic, but not everyone's cup of tea. For starters, the 2 main characters are run-of-the-mill anime lady-boys. Secondly, once you've done the missions with the first character, you just backtrack to the start with the second. While the graphics are pretty, the levels can be dull. Nevertheless, the combat is where this game excels. You're basicly given a heap of combos, and it's up to you how to use them. Mixing them up gives you more points, and you look effortlessly stylish while executing them. Unlike NG, you actually get a chance to use the combos, enemies aren't relentlessly attacking you. One thing NG has over DMC is the difficulty. DMC isn't a challenge until the later difficulties, but even so, it's nowhere near as cheap as Ninja Gaiden. I'd get both if possible, DMC first. If you can't get both, get DMC. Of course, it's your choice, so try their demos on XBL if you can.
Tylerdurdn71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tylerdurdn71
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
ninja gaiden all the way
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
ng2 easy
robert5673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 robert5673
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

DMC is a very good game, I was disappointed when I played Dante, because it was the same boards as Nero, just backwards with a little changes.

NG2, its has more moves and better weapons, but it is hard. That is proably why the DMC fans don't like ninja gaiden, because DMC was too easy.

robert5673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robert5673
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

"Half the time is spent blocking and counter-attacking, you barely ever get to use any of the cool combos that you get."

You don't know how to play the game, I barely block

Avatar image for kilgoreTrout_xl
kilgoreTrout_xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kilgoreTrout_xl
Member since 2005 • 2308 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2 is incredible and challenging and really rewarding.

DMC4 is "fun" but ridiculously easy.

And there you have it.

Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

I bought Ninja Gaiden 2 a few days ago and think its really good. The fighting in it is lots of fun and its pretty addictive. Id recommend it.

Also, I got a brand new copy, sealed and everything in Gamestop for €25. Thats less than half the price of other newish games. Its not a pre-owned copy - Does anyone know why it was so cheap? Im not complaining or anything, it just seemd a bit odd!

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

Wats better ninja gaiden 2 or devil may cry 4

Arch_xEagle

I loved DMC 4 im on the 3rd play through. I didnt like NG2 thought the combat was a load of crap and the camera angles such, I kept getting shot from nowhere which isnt a help when you are trying to take out a bunch of enemies.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

You can't pick between them. They are both amazing in different areas.

NG2 has the best and most fluid combat. And Gore

DMC has a minor story, but it's still better than NG2's. DMC has puzzles, way more interesting characters and some awesome combat.

I couldn't really pick, but I felt more of a sense of accomplishment after DMC4...NG2 is hard, but it's frustrating hard, and it's never really satisfying after you finally beat those parts. DMC is no cakewalk either though.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i haven't played dmc4 but i didn't like ng2
Avatar image for kilgoreTrout_xl
kilgoreTrout_xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kilgoreTrout_xl
Member since 2005 • 2308 Posts

Half the time is spent blocking and counter-attacking, you barely ever get to use any of the cool combos that you get. On the plus side, there's a huge variety of weapons, the game provides a genuine challenge (when it isn't being cheap, which is rare) and the different difficulties will last you a while. karriston

I think this statement is almost entirely untrue. Yes, you have to block, but you block, parry and (yes) use the combos you get seamlessly. Once you learn how to do this, the game becomes incredibly fun. And it isn't cheap at all- you're not using the right tactic or the right weapon. It encourages experimentation.

The easiest way to start bulldozing through enemies with combos is simmple but takes good timing: just jump and then hold Y as soon as you land, You will immediately power-up (if there's essence floating around) and will launch into an ultimate technique. These can be strung together again and again. It's a blast.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

Oh please. DMC was a nub game. NG2 will make a man out of you. I own both by the way. Kayvon2

Hit the nail on the head. DMC4 is so button mash friendly, so non-competitive from a difficulty standpoint, so repetitive in terms of bosses and general enemy types, I don't see how people like it. Gameplay wise it's barely a step up from 3 year old DMC3. In fact, I'd take DMC3 over DMC4, 'cause at least that game offered challenge and enemy variety. NG2's awesome; owns DMC4 on pure excitement alone. I honestly fell asleep on Mission 3 of DMC4.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="Kayvon2"]Oh please. DMC was a nub game. NG2 will make a man out of you. I own both by the way. Rock-City

Hit the nail on the head. DMC4 is so button mash friendly, so non-competitive from a difficulty standpoint, so repetitive in terms of bosses and general enemy types, I don't see how people like it. Gameplay wise it's barely a step up from 3 year old DMC3. In fact, I'd take DMC3 over DMC4, 'cause at least that game offered challenge and enemy variety. NG2's awesome; owns DMC4 on pure excitement alone. I honestly fell asleep on Mission 3 of DMC4.

the bosses are just as repetative in NG2 (not to mention some of the lamest %*cking bosses to grace any game, accompanied by the sheer fact they are easier than most of the normal enemies), so are the enemies. i got through Master Ninja as a button masher and cant even get past dante on heaven or hell if I try that. WHy does everyone say how easy DMC4 is on the first difficulties. Of course its easy thats the point of it being on a LOWER difficulty. You show me someone who got through Hell or Hell mode on buttonmashing alone and I'll show you a liar. The gameplay of NG2 is EXACTELY like NG1 so Idon't see why you brought up gameplay. At least when you switch from nero to Dante they play completely differently from their styles to their combos

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2, it is a VERY TOUGH game but it's very rewarding, it's more fun then DMC.
McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

The combat in NG2 isn't as deep as it is in DMC, counters are easier to pull off in NG2, NG2 has the dumbest setting I've ever seen, the CIA cooperating with Ninjas, although the DMC story isn't so deep I prefer it over the really linear NG2 storyline, so yeah as an owner of both games I prefer DMC4 a whole lot, and the best reason that I prefer it over NG is the simple fact that the boss battles in DMC4 are fun and challanging in NG2 some of them are also really good but some of them feel pretty cheap, in DMC I enjoyed the battles so much the first time and on the second time I liked them even more.

So basically, I prefer DMC, but NG is a great game, I own it and I enjoyed it but simply not as much as DMC.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I'ved played both and would recommend Ninja Gaiden 2.
8bitGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 8bitGeneration

NG2 for sure

dont listen to people talking about the "story" lol that isnt the important part of Ninja Gaiden games. Its the gameplay.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
devil may cry 4
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Sorry.......their is nothing "NINJA" about Ninja Gaiden. Lame Character.....no story.

DMC4 already beat's it in that respect. I have rented, beat, and played both....

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kozzy1234

Sorry.......their is nothing "NINJA" about Ninja Gaiden. Lame Character.....no story.

DMC4 already beat's it in that respect. I have rented, beat, and played both....

CoreoVII

Gameplay is the most important thing for an action game.... Ninja Gaidens gameplay DESTROYS DMC4's.

If i want a top notch story ill play Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, The Witcher or another top notch game with an amazing story. DMC4 and NG2 both dont have the best story to be honest.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CoreoVII
[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

kozzy1234

Gameplay is the most important thing for an action game.... Ninja Gaidens gameplay DESTROYS DMC4's.

If i want a top notch story ill play Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, The Witcher or another top notch game with an amazing story. DMC4 and NG2 both dont have the best story to be honest.

Their story's are not the best but atleast DMC4 has a story which gives the rest of the game meaning. In what way does Ninja Gayden "destroy" DMC4 in terms of gameplay?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

CoreoVII

Their story's are not the best but atleast DMC4 has a story which gives the rest of the game meaning. In what way does Ninja Gayden "destroy" DMC4 in terms of gameplay?

Ninja Gaiden 2 has flawless, fun, engaging, deep combat. While DMC's is lame and boring.Cant put it much better then that. Like i said before, if i want a amazing story ill play an rpg.

The first 3 DMC games where good, but i didnt like DMC4 at all, it was a huge dissapointment for me.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CoreoVII
[QUOTE="CoreoVII"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

kozzy1234

Ninja Gaiden 2 has flawless, fun, engaging, deep combat. While DMC's is lame and boring.Cant put it much better then that. Like i said before, if i want a amazing story ill play an rpg.

The first 3 DMC games where good, but i didnt like DMC4 at all, it was a huge dissapointment for me.

How does ninja gayden have flawless, fun, engaging, deep combat, and DMC4 dosent? Answer my question....

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CoreoVII

didn't think so lol

Devil May Cry for the win

8bitGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 8bitGeneration

cuz dmc4 is more of a forgiving button masher

theres more skill involved in NG so things u pull off are way more rewarding

demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts
Devil May Cry it has the better story and is not as cheap as Ninja Gaiden 2.