Ninja Gaiden 2 DLC... 200 MS Points for... a skin?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

http://kotaku.com/388821/you-can-buy-ninja-gaiden-ii-skins

Sad thing is that it looks like these skins will be available not long after the game's release. This is why I hate microtransactions... welcome back horse armor! You're looking quite different.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Because they can. There will be people who are more than happy to buy this crap, so why not charge? Maps, skins, simple mods, all things that should be free.... I suppose some people just don't know any better
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I never understood why gamertags, skins and all that stuff costs anything. If anything they should be 50pts. I mean they don't do anything really.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Because they can. SuperBeast

M$ is evil....

plain and simple. ;)

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
It's not that big of a deal. If you don't want it, don't get it. If you do want it, spend $2.50 for it.
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I can understand maps costing money, points etc, because that takes more time to develop and playtest to make sure they're balanced and fun. Quite a bit of time and effort can be put into making them but gamerpics and skins are retarded to charge for.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts
Skins are unlockable too but those who want it unlocked without completing the game would have to pay.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jt4mtb

Skins are unlockable too but those who want it unlocked without completing the game would have to pay. Ravi_1900

Yes, there will probably be some skins in the game; but this here is talking about additional skins not in the game to buy.

"Starting July 2008, Xbox Live members worldwide will be able to download 3 unique Hayabusa costume packs for 200 MS points each to use in Ninja Gaiden II. Each costume pack is a completely new and never before seen look for our Ninja hero, Ryu Hayabusa. "

BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BoxFan86
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

Why anyone would pay for a skin is beyond me

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravi_1900"]Skins are unlockable too but those who want it unlocked without completing the game would have to pay. jt4mtb

Yes, there will probably be some skins in the game; but this here is talking about additional skins not in the game to buy.

"Starting July 2008, Xbox Live members worldwide will be able to download 3 unique Hayabusa costume packs for 200 MS points each to use in Ninja Gaiden II. Each costume pack is a completely new and never before seen look for our Ninja hero, Ryu Hayabusa. "

I cnat say your info doesnt exactly tells abt wheter they are ingame or not, Itagaki mentioned that he could do something like selling unlockable content if users want. Well any ways then these are extras then in the game. Well many themes cost 200 points so this is no different my verdict I am not buying it. i would have purshased it for that price if there were skins for other charcters too.

But still i think these are the unlockable contents which are being sold or else Itagkai was making big promises like only giving meaningful DLC. I think this will end up free like heroic map pack. I dont forsee market for this. 3 skins is too less.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jt4mtb

IGN article confirms this as "that three costume packs will be available only through download on Xbox Live Marketplace." (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/872/872615p1.html ); along with the original post from gamerscoreblog.com (http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/05/08/559028.aspx).

What is really lame is that it's not 200 points for 3 costumes, but 200 points for just one costume. I'd like to believe that most of us here would refrain from buying these; but you know there's going to be people out there who'll buy them regardless.

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

that's what happens when you support paying for DLC.. they'll try to nickle and dime you for everything.

they're already trying to think of the next useless thing they can sell you and make money off.

BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BoxFan86
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

that's what happens when you support paying for DLC.. they'll try to nickle and dime you for everything.

they're already trying to think of the next useless thing they can sell you and make money off.

KaotiK_un_basic

people still will

quite sad.

tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
For one, I will buy it because of how much I love ninja gaiden. However, I am appaled that you have to pay for it. The DLC on the original NG was significant and free. Why this one isnt, I have no idea. It can't just be M$ though, as you had to pay for Sigma DLC, which was still much less than the DLC for the original NG, and cost money.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Lol...more stuff that I won't be buying. I love NG, but I think I've been pretty smart in buying stuff from XBL: I waited for the GoW, RB6, and Halo 3 map packs to become free. I laughed at people who couldn't wait.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I remember when this stuff used to come with the game.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Sad... VF does the same thing, I really wanted the costumes and stuff but they are just ripping you off considering the content is actually on the disk for that :o. They would sell a lot more if they sold them for less, and if they plan on making money from this sort of stuff they should release the game for less.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

hey, if people stupid enough to buy it, why not?

It's the consumers fault for creating this trend......

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

It's probably like all the need for speed DLC

it can be unlocked but people are lazy

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

It's not like they're tying you down and forcing you to pay the whopping price tag of $2.50

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts
Disgusting. Can't say I'm surprised, though.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jt4mtb

It's not like they're tying you down and forcing you to pay the whopping price tag of $2.50kerrman

Maybe so, but there are people who still buy this stuff; which tells companies (like Microsoft) that they can keep charging for this little stuff that really should have been with the game in the first place.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
MS forced bungie and gears of war developer to charge for extra content. I wonder if they do the same on gamerpics and wallpaper on marketplace. I refuse to pay for that crap
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I don't think this is a big deal.

Tecmo and Microsoft are just playing the field. They are feeling gamers out. Trying to get a pulse of what's reasonable and what's idiotic. And how on earth can you blame them? If you got 10 bucks for waving your hand at someone, I'll bet you would wave all day. They are just trying to make money. If people buy it, they'll continue. If they don't, they stop. They would understand the line would be crossed and go from there.

Sure, Microsoft 'started' the trend (I know someone else did but let's not nit pick here) but gamers are keeping it alive. As soon as it doesn't sell enough it's over. Simple as that.

And let's face it, it's just a couple of skins. I would understand if it was like a new weapon or whatnot but it's nothing 'useful'. So who cares anyway? NG isn't about the constumes for me. And they'll be free after a while anyway.

bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

It's probably like all the need for speed DLC

it can be unlocked but people are lazy

krunkfu2

Some of the NFS stuff you pay M$ points for is in the game, others you have to purchase to obtain. I was PO'ed at first having bought the 360 version of NFS Prostreet as it took months longer for the good DLC to arrive than the "competing console" version, but when it finally did it was actually a good thing (for me) as they broke up the packs and let you buy single cars and I only wanted the Honda S2000 anyways. My point is, if people are insane enough they can be convinced to buy anything. If Team Ninja can somehow get a Honda S2000 into NG2 then I'd probably pay money for it too. If the content is worth it to you then power to you, the stuff M$ charges for like gamer pics etc. is the outrage, that and taking the stance to not let developers make free content is deplorable.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#26 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I dont see what the big deal is?

They are not forcing you to buy the stuff, its mainly for NINJA GAIDEN hard cores who want to have a choice of differnt clothing/suit for there character. Big deal.... doesnt bother me one bit as i wont be buying it. But some DLC i will buy in a haertbeat, mainly the AMAZING GRAW2 downloadable missions and maps, along with the fantastic Band Of Bugs expansion packs which add about 10-15 hours of new gameplay/story to the game.

A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
Thats why I try to not support this microtransaction stuff. I boughtthe extra maps for COD4, and that was my first and last time. I feel like more and more the companies are not creating new crappy content to sell to retards out there, but more WITHHOLDING content they already have e.g. I dont know if its changed, but the game type Battlefield has always been, will not be included in BF Bad Company, rather a different game type is included, and "after realease" of the new BF game, you can buy the classic game type...Its BS, DO NOT SUPPORT MICRO TRANSACTIONS!!
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Thats why I try to not support this microtransaction stuff. I boughtthe extra maps for COD4, and that was my first and last time. I feel like more and more the companies are not creating new crappy content to sell to retards out there, but more WITHHOLDING content they already have e.g. I dont know if its changed, but the game type Battlefield has always been, will not be included in BF Bad Company, rather a different game type is included, and "after realease" of the new BF game, you can buy the classic game type...Its BS, DO NOT SUPPORT MICRO TRANSACTIONS!!A4Audiguy

I agree with you on developers withholding content to sell late which is wrong. Halo and Halo2 shipped with 20+ maps while Halo 3 shipped with a measly 9 multiplayer maps with the rest for an additional charge. The game made a killing in sales yet they still charge the fanbase for withheld content.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I dont understand why charge for something like that, I understand charging for an expansion to the game, or new maps for a game.