This topic is locked from further discussion.

jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
I am planning on getting one, which is better overall? I figure that NG would have slightly better gameplay but thats about it... I like games with a good story so I am leaning towards DMC...
lee7373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lee7373
Member since 2006 • 5828 Posts
DMC4 is definately the better game, from what I have heard NG2 has a lot of camera issues, and DMC4 is longer
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts
DMC4 hands down. Plus it's older so you can probably find a better deal on it.
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
i am on the same boat ..i couldnt figure out which to choose. one thing that drove me away was that i get really frustrated with hard games. so i am defenelty going with dmc. i pry couldnt handle the difficulty of ng. o well
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

DMC4 is definately the better game, from what I have heard NG2 has a lot of camera issues, and DMC4 is longerlee7373

Really? How short is Ninja Gaiden 2? Even if it is shorter half of Devil May Cry 4 is going back through the same areas and fighting the same enemies and bosses as another character.

Devil May Cry 4 is cheaper. I saw a special edition copy of it for around $40.

lee7373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lee7373
Member since 2006 • 5828 Posts

[QUOTE="lee7373"]DMC4 is definately the better game, from what I have heard NG2 has a lot of camera issues, and DMC4 is longerLegolas_Katarn

Really? How short is Ninja Gaiden 2? Even if it is shorter half of Devil May Cry 4 is going back through the same areas and fighting the same enemies and bosses as another character.

I have not played it yet, but I have heard it was relatively short, compared to DMC4, DMC has always been long, you can always read the reviews.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

DMC4 hands down. Plus it's older so you can probably find a better deal on it. horseyjesse

yeah, thats what id say. get dmc4 cheap now. then get NG2 later after it is cheaper.

gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
ive only played a chapter and a half of ninja gaiden but so far i would have to say that it all depends on weather or not you care about the story.the camera in ninja gaiden is getting on my nerves though because it never seems to focus on the right thing
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
it's sad ng2 didn't turn out the way it could have. All i hear is how bad this is, and how bad that is. DMC 4 is pretty good though, so you can't go wrong with that one.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

I just bought NG2 and I'm on chapter 2. The camera doesnt bother me at all to tell you the truth. I don't really see any difference when I'm playing. I also played and beat DMC4. Overall DMC4 is an pretty good game. But you're basically repeating each boss throughout the whole game really. I don't know what to tell you but if I HAD to choose, I'd get DMC4 then later on get NG2. 1.

anujsingh9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anujsingh9
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
hands down ninja gaiden 2....but then again for me its just a preference...i like ninja gaiden 2 cause when i beat it i felt like i accomplished something.....not a lot of games today makes me feel that....for example halo never did that for me.....neither did the god of war series.....so if your someone who likes to be challeged go for ninja gaiden 2....if ur just a causal gamer who is just looking for a good action game that you won't have to devote to much time to go devil may cry........though at some parts its a hard game as well
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 >>>> Any of the DMC games...

The only thing that DMC beats NG at is in the STORY department.

I personally only enjoyed one of the DMC games and was dissapointed with DMC4.

No question about it man.. get NG2 as its miles better then DMC4

NG = better gameplay, better controls, better presentation, much more of a challenge and is just overall alot more fun

DMC = better story and thats it...

DMC 2 was the only game in the series that i really enjoyed, but even that cant compare with NG1,Sigma and NG2

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

DMC4 is definately the better game, from what I have heard NG2 has a lot of camera issues, and DMC4 is longerlee7373

From what youve heard?

How on earth can you base an opinion off of a game you havnt even tried yet? Thats pathetic.

For everyone who is going by what certain reviews say, please dont make that mistake... TRY THE GAME FOR YOURSELF.

A review is an opinion... not a fact, so go try NG2 out without letting someones review sway you

konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

NG2 personally. I'm a big fan of NG and I do have DMC4 and NG2. NG2 is much more challenging but also really rewarding when you finish it. And for those that complain about the camera? I don;t see the problem. I love it and works fine for me. You need to know how to use the camera and not just let it sit there with your right thumb up your you-know-what. It's part of what makes NG so great. You have to know how to actually play the game and not just button mash, and you only die because of your own lack of skill, not because of cheap game mechanics or whatever (NGB was a perfect example of this, I've heard NG2 gets slightly cheap near the center and then fixes itself in the later half). DMC4 is a great game too, I just prefer NG.

Either way they are both great games.

Avatar image for akoolbrother420
akoolbrother420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 akoolbrother420
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts

DMC4 hands down. Plus it's older so you can probably find a better deal on it. horseyjesse

NG2 for me!!! with NG2 you had to have a technique and a rhythm, to me DMC4 is good but the combat is not as deep as NG2. As for NG2 being short I never heard that before because these games are usually long

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I love how all this bad talk about NG2 is spread by a bunch of people who haven't even played the game yet.

I'd get NG2, because it wont be coming down in price for a while, by the time you beat it, DMC4 might be even cheaper. Either way you should play them both if you are a true action fan...Comparing the 2 best games in a genre is always a lost cause. You have fans from both sides. NG2 is no slouch though, the games awesome and the kills are sick.

They are both amazing in their own rights, and are definitely on my list for 2 games that I never regret purchasing.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

ive only played a chapter and a half of ninja gaiden but so far i would have to say that it all depends on weather or not you care about the story.the camera in ninja gaiden is getting on my nerves though because it never seems to focus on the right thinggamegod

So are you saying the story was good or bad in the chapter and a half you played? Also, I'll never understand how people can complain about a camera that YOU control. If the right thing isn't in "focus" then move the camera.

There's a lot of people in here saying bad things about NG2 when they haven't even played it. It sounds like they're just repeating stuff they read in a review.

If people would like to see proof that the camera is fine all they have to do is go to youtube and watch some gameplay videos. If you're saying it's bad because you sometimes get attacked from off screen and take a hit then sorry to tell you this but THAT'S YOUR FAULT. You should've been blocking.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="gamegod"]ive only played a chapter and a half of ninja gaiden but so far i would have to say that it all depends on weather or not you care about the story.the camera in ninja gaiden is getting on my nerves though because it never seems to focus on the right thingx-2tha-z

So are you saying the story was good or bad in the chapter and a half you played? Also, I'll never understand how people can complain about a camera that YOU control. If the right thing isn't in "focus" then move the camera.

There's a lot of people in here saying bad things about NG2 when they haven't even played it. It sounds like they're just repeating stuff they read in a review.

If people would like to see proof that the camera is fine all they have to do is go to youtube and watch some gameplay videos. If you're saying it's bad because you sometimes get attacked from off screen and take a hit then sorry to tell you this but THAT'S YOUR FAULT. You should've been blocking.

I'm with you. The only camera frustrations I have, are the same things you face in DMC4. When you are setting up a jump to run on a wall, the camera will annoy you a little, especially if you have to run up stairs right before your jump.

As far as the combat and action though, the camera is great. It's the platforming parts that it gets a little loose.

I'm not sure anyone thinks the NG storylines are that good...It's all about the action, the gruesomeness and the fluidity. People are just echoing other opinions they have heard. That's what forums are good for I guess...Throw someone elses opinion around instead of forming your own.

rrandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rrandolph
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

Well depends on which one you like. I rented DMC4 and I own NG2. Haven't really played much of NG2 but from what I've played so far I like it. I'm not a big hack and slash fan but I'm starting to expand my horizons. You really have to be in control of your character to excel in these sort of games and I'm starting to appreciate the challenge. I like mature games so for just the gore in NG2 I have to go with that. DMC4 was alot of fun thou but it doesn't have obliteration.

blarghe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blarghe
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts
NG2, no game ever made has had better controls for fighting. and thats what it comes down to in the end, the combat.
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yceman757
Member since 2004 • 980 Posts
Well, I would DL the demo for DMC 4 and see if I like it before making a decision on DMC 4, and the same with NG2. As far as camera issues, if you have played Ninja Gaiden on xbox you won't have a problem because essentially the camera is the same, only difference is that it zooms in a little bit more during the Ultimate Techniques which isn't really a problem because during that time you are basically watching Ryu slice and dice just about everything on the screen anyways. As for cameras, as far as I can tell from the demo from DMC 4 and comparing it to the camera in NG2, there are times in both where the camera is not going to be where you want it to be like when you are going up stairs on something like that but its not something that will completely ruin the overall experience of the game. As for difficulty, DMC 4 on normal is more than likely going to be 5x easier than NG2 on what would be considered its normal difficulty, NG was made to make you want to throw your controller sometimes but it will feel great when you finish. I personally think it would be easy to recommend both if you are fans of action games, I never bought DMC 4 because I didn't like the idea of back tracking the the second half of the game so it kind of turned me away from the game but I may give it a look now since its cheaper. And with NG 2, the camera is not something that will ruin the game at all, you will just need some patience in some parts of the game because the enemies are relentless.8)
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yceman757
Member since 2004 • 980 Posts

Well depends on which one you like. I rented DMC4 and I own NG2. Haven't really played much of NG2 but from what I've played so far I like it. I'm not a big hack and slash fan but I'm starting to expand my horizons. You really have to be in control of your character to excel in these sort of games and I'm starting to appreciate the challenge. I like mature games so for just the gore in NG2 I have to go with that. DMC4 was alot of fun thou but it doesn't have obliteration.

rrandolph
Good point, NG2 has a great dismemberment system, almost as good a Gears of War.