New Gears of War MAPS!! UPDATE

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TuTToAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TuTToAL
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

This Thursday, they will release 4 new MP maps for 800 points or wait till sept to get them free!

Bullet Marsh: In this Kryll-infested swamp, an old generator still powers the area lights. A few stray bullets could easily knock out the generator, leaving combatants to fend for themselves against the Kryll.

Garden: This overgrown and crumbling conservatory still has a working fertilization and pesticide system. This system can pose a serious hazard to anyone who ventures into the greenhouse without first venting the air.

Process: Teams must fight for control of this subterranean Imulsion processing plant, still active despite the cessation of the Pendulum wars.

Subway: Timgad's Central Subway station used to serve as a central hub for commuters. Now the tunnels are crawling with Locust.

I will be getting these maps for sure

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
word sounds good ill def get them once my xbox is repaired
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts

This is such BS.  You have to wait till September if you want them for free.  No one will even be playing anymore by that point.

Is it just me or have things gotten really bad as of late with regards to marketplace content.

Chris-334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris-334
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
Link?
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FoxHoundADAM

Link?Chris-334

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/05/01/new-gears-maps-coming-this-thursday.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

That's rediculous to make people wait 4 months for the content to be free, looks like now I have no other choice but to pay for the new maps...it's no way I'm waiting that long for something to be free. The only problem I have is the fact that their may not be that many players to play with in matches because some/most might not purchase the maps.

TuTToAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TuTToAL
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

That's rediculous to make people wait 4 months for the content to be free, looks like now I have no other choice but to pay for the new maps...it's no way I'm waiting that long for something to be free. The only problem I have is the fact that their may not be that many players to play with in matches because some/most might not purchase the maps.

gamer082009

thats what i worried about , no players = no games...

dawooten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 dawooten
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts

gamer082009
sounds like halo 2 maps
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
It only sucks because Epic wanted these to be free but MS mandated that they use their pricing structure ($10 for 4 maps).  I'm getting them on Thursday.  Can't wait.
merjout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 merjout
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

It only sucks because Epic wanted these to be free but MS mandated that they use their pricing structure ($10 for 4 maps).  I'm getting them on Thursday.  Can't wait.REVENGEotSITH

Microsoft loses a lot of mony on marketing and producing the 360 while developers have record profits. Why would they give things away for free? Who here cannot afford $10.00?

DEATHMASTER99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEATHMASTER99
Member since 2004 • 1136 Posts
$10 seems like a small price to pay for those mpas if you think about it
gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts
$10 dollars should get you like 10+ maps not 4
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 PhantomNemesis
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts

$10 dollars should get you like 10+ maps not 4gamer4life85

Since by the sound of it these maps aren't exactly taken straight from the Single Player and ported into an MP map, Microsoft might as well stick a price tag on and try to make something out of the hard work Epic and the money MS Game Studios have put into this.

willpd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 willpd123
Member since 2005 • 970 Posts
Need to get myself 300mp
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
New maps? With different gameplay twists (like the kryll)?? Now, I REALLY miss Gears.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I'm waiting till September. No way I'm spending 10 euro's on four maps for a game I already paid 60 euro's for. Epic is damn right. The maps should be free. Creating a game is hard work, I know that. But if you want customers you always have to throw something extra in. Games should be no different. It's not like I can't live without those maps.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake7287
Solid_Snake7287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solid_Snake7287
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts

This is such BS.  You have to wait till September if you want them for free.  No one will even be playing anymore by that point.

Is it just me or have things gotten really bad as of late with regards to marketplace content.

FoxHoundADAM

If you mean nobody will be playing Gears by September I think your very wrong people will be playing Gears until 2 comes out, much like people still play Halo 2 while waiting for 3

FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxHoundADAM
[QUOTE="FoxHoundADAM"]

Solid_Snake7287

Of course people will still be playing gears but this is just a month or so before Halo 3 comes out.  You can't tell me that won't take away a HUGE portion of this games core MP players.  Heck after the first 2 weeks no one played the FREE maps, they just went back to the same 2 or 3 everyone always plays.

If you mean nobody will be playing Gears by September I think your very wrong people will be playing Gears until 2 comes out, much like people still play Halo 2 while waiting for 3

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

FoxHoundADAM

it's extra.... they work for it.... freeloader.
dcap8424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 dcap8424
Member since 2006 • 806 Posts
[QUOTE="FoxHoundADAM"]

danneswegman

this guy is right...

i could understand getting upset if you felt like the game was supposed to come with the content, but this is extra stuff they had to extra on.  epic wanted this to be free, so it's not like they wanted to charge points for it.  it's only $10 anyhow.  if you can afford high speed internet, 360, and a $60 game, then i don't think $10 is really going to kill you.

Solid_Snake7287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solid_Snake7287

Here are some pictures of the new maps straight from Major Nelson's Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/sets/72157600164530232/

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
There is no reason for people to get upset. They're not forcing you to buy these maps, it's completely up to you. We already got 2 maps for free so stop whining.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

No thanks...I'll pass.

New maps = New place to glitch.

I'll buy new content when they do something about all of the glitches. I guess I won't be buying new content for a long time if ever.

chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="FoxHoundADAM"]

This is such BS. You have to wait till September if you want them for free. No one will even be playing anymore by that point.

dcap8424

this guy is right...

i could understand getting upset if you felt like the game was supposed to come with the content, but this is extra stuff they had to extra on. epic wanted this to be free, so it's not like they wanted to charge points for it. it's only $10 anyhow. if you can afford high speed internet, 360, and a $60 game, then i don't think $10 is really going to kill you.

Ya you people saying it is too much arw a bunch of cheapoes.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Yeah right! I am NOT going to pay for those.
bballplaya17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bballplaya17
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
idc about maps i want new gametypes like just regular 4 on 4 team slayer and every man for himself slayer with respawns like in halo 2. that is wat would make me play these games more often
neXtgenisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 neXtgenisis
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
they look awesome!!! way better then the previouse 2
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
I will wait till Sept. I can't see myself paying money just to kill people on different skinned maps.
Solid_Snake7287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solid_Snake7287

they look awesome!!! way better then the previouse 2neXtgenisis

the other 2 weren't that bad but your right these look much better

halogta9890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 halogta9890
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

$10 seems like a small price to pay for those mpas if you think about itDEATHMASTER99

No, if i think about it I wonder why I had to pay $60 for this game when it came out, I believe once you purchase the game every single downloable content like maps, game modes, weapons etc.. should be 100% free, if they are going to continue to make us pay this much why don't they sell games for $30-$40? 

mpalacio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mpalacio
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
I'll wait.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FearlessSpirit

There is no reason for people to get upset. They're not forcing you to buy these maps, it's completely up to you. We already got 2 maps for free so stop whining.Lanezy

The only thing I'm slightly unhappy about is that I will have to wait until September to play them. Because I simply won't purchase maps for a game I already paid allot of money for. In my personal opinion (and in that of Epic) maps should be free. Simply because we already paid for the game. Whatever expansions it gets are worth money. Simple maps should be included free. Epic feels the same way.

But you are right though. I shouldn't complain. I will get them free anyway, just later then everyone else. 

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

I would only buy the maps if it became an issue.  I have two groups of friends I play GoW with on occasion.  If either group decided to buy them, I suppose I would as well.  I'm hoping nobody does.

By September, people will be ramping up for Halo 3.

FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FearlessSpirit

[QUOTE="DEATHMASTER99"]$10 seems like a small price to pay for those mpas if you think about ithalogta9890

No, if i think about it I wonder why I had to pay $60 for this game when it came out, I believe once you purchase the game every single downloable content like maps, game modes, weapons etc.. should be 100% free, if they are going to continue to make us pay this much why don't they sell games for $30-$40?

Fully agreed. All you people who have no problem with paying for these new maps can say Gears cost you 70 bucks or 70 euro's. If they released more maps, Gears would have cost you 80 bucks. I know you aren't forced to buy it, but let's face it. Most people want new maps every now and then. This way a game will be very expensive, while all of it actually should be included when you first buy the game.

The only thing what is justifiable to pay for, in my opinion, is a real expansion pack. Like 8-10 hours more single player campaign with some new weapons and maps for example. 

dcap8424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dcap8424
Member since 2006 • 806 Posts
[QUOTE="DEATHMASTER99"]$10 seems like a small price to pay for those mpas if you think about ithalogta9890

i see what you're saying, but can you think of any situations where this happens? name any situation in which you pay for a whole new "thing" and receive any new "add-ons" that come out after you purchase said "thing."  even if you can think of one example, there are hundreds of counter-examples (anything that has add-ons or accessories i.e. electronics, cars, etc.) this is an "add-on" that is in no way essential to playing the game in it's present state. 

when they start making these sort of downloads mandatory to maintain the same game experience is when there will be a problem.  which is why the idea of the halo 2 maps costing money and then being worked into matchmaking a couple weeks later is such a bad idea since it forces you to buy the maps to play the same matches you were currently playing.

mehoff88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mehoff88
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

I'm waiting till September. No way I'm spending 10 euro's on four maps for a game I already paid 60 euro's for. Epic is damn right. The maps should be free. Creating a game is hard work, I know that. But if you want customers you always have to throw something extra in. Games should be no different. It's not like I can't live without those maps.FearlessSpirit

Umm okay, if you can live without the maps why not go make 10euros instead of wasting your time complaining about it.  And BTW, they did throw something in(new maps and a new gameplay mode) 

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

This Thursday, they will release 4 new MP maps for 800 points or wait till sept to get them free!

Bullet Marsh: In this Kryll-infested swamp, an old generator still powers the area lights. A few stray bullets could easily knock out the generator, leaving combatants to fend for themselves against the Kryll.

Garden: This overgrown and crumbling conservatory still has a working fertilization and pesticide system. This system can pose a serious hazard to anyone who ventures into the greenhouse without first venting the air.

Process: Teams must fight for control of this subterranean Imulsion processing plant, still active despite the cessation of the Pendulum wars.

Subway: Timgad's Central Subway station used to serve as a central hub for commuters. Now the tunnels are crawling with Locust.

TuTToAL
when i get gears i want to get subway.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#38 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I will be getting these :D
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
I'll wait till September. Actually i probably won't be playing the game anymore at that time. if it was 400 points then MAYBE i would have gotten it. 800? = Noope
Boofer331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Boofer331
Member since 2006 • 1751 Posts
people will spend 10 dollars to change their gamertags but not for 4 new maps?
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts

While we are demanding things that we don't control..........I demand that every pizza I buy not charge me for toppings, If I buy the whole dang pizza I shouldn't have to pay for toppings!
darkcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darkcast
Member since 2003 • 309 Posts

No, if you think about it your paying $10 for digital content??

People on PC can make maps themselves for FREE. Their just maps! It takes them a few days to make and is maybe 100mb big. It should be $1=1 map not $10 = 4 maps

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

TuTToAL

That's really sick the way the maps are described the way Bungie describes their maps, pulling them into the campaign.

It really makes me want to play Gears 2 and 3.

I can not wait for the sequel.

I was very impressed with the first campaign. It was short, but had an original story and unique gameplay style.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

u think they held back when making the game so they could charge us more?

bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
First of all, these new maps look awsome, I dont know about " way better than the other two" as they are two of my favorite existing maps but new ones look cool as hell. Garden looks like where you fight one of the berzerkers, and the imulsion plant will be freaking awsome ( ask anyone with a nice HDTV about the imulsion ). Anyways, I do think 800 is a little steep when they will be giving them away free in a short period of time, that and the fact that I am like 130 M$ points short but let's face it... I know I'll be buying them. See you in Bullet Marsh COG's.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="REVENGEotSITH"]It only sucks because Epic wanted these to be free but MS mandated that they use their pricing structure ($10 for 4 maps). I'm getting them on Thursday. Can't wait.merjout

Microsoft loses a lot of mony on marketing and producing the 360 while developers have record profits. Why would they give things away for free? Who here cannot afford $10.00?

lol, until later this week, me! But I'm not really complaining about it... it DOES leave a bad taste in my mouth that they said they'd be free initially, but at least we're TOLD that they'll eventually be free. If they released them for $10 and THEN made them free out of nowhere, yeah I'd be a little pissed about that. 

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

u think they held back when making the game so they could charge us more?

Keving7

That is certainly a possibility, however I will not speculate on ideas with no basis of fact.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Eh, I'd rather pay nothing. But then again, i dont play anymore. Dont like the game like i used to
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts

This is their jobs.  They need to get paid or they will stop making games and you don't want that?  So epic wanted to release these for free.  That is awesome, but running XBL isn't free.  It costs a lot of money do do all of this.  Microsoft is losing money on the 360, so just shutup if you aren't gonna buy it.  Don't complain so much.

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts

This is such BS. You have to wait till September if you want them for free. No one will even be playing anymore by that point.

FoxHoundADAM

exactlyÂ