Need advice for RAAM on Insane, by myself

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarcLoccus
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
I need some pointers for this bugger. Obviously I know how to kill him because of Casual and Hardcore....but Insane is well, insane! I've done all of Insane single player with patience, but I cannot beat this guy. I can barely get a shot off before his troika tears me apart.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
Co-Op it. Much MUCH easier to do it in Co-Op. Unless you want to do it alone....
butkis689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 butkis689
Member since 2003 • 1955 Posts
why do you have to do it by yourself? no friend or online co-op? well if you must then you must, but its the hardest boss on the hardest level for a reason lol.
my advice would to do what the usual plan is, but try and do it yourself. Torque bow, sniper, grenades when he gets close. that's all i can think of, that or the troika.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarcLoccus
I've done the rest of the act by myself, so why not. where is the torque?
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

I've done the rest of the act by myself, so why not. where is the torque?DarcLoccus

torque is found on the right side of the train car that you start in. it's near the wall-corner that is directly across from the sniper rifle.

DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarcLoccus

[QUOTE="DarcLoccus"]I've done the rest of the act by myself, so why not. where is the torque?dxy592

torque is found on the right side of the train car that you start in. it's near the wall-corner that is directly across from the sniper rifle.

Thanks, I'm going to give it another go.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
If you don't have the torque by RAAM, replay the act, because you'll need it.Get the sniper as you're second weapon. Scatter the kryll with the torque, headshot with the sniper. Rinse and repeat, pulling perfect active reloads every time. Other than that, equip yourself with some free time and saintly patience. You'll need it.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarcLoccus
If you don't have the torque by RAAM, replay the act, because you'll need it.Get the sniper as you're second weapon. Scatter the kryll with the torque, headshot with the sniper. Rinse and repeat, pulling perfect active reloads every time. Other than that, equip yourself with some free time and saintly patience. You'll need it.bman784
I can barely pull off a head shot, and the fugger is ripping me a new one. How many shots does it take to kill him???
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Torque bow is useless against RAAM on insane.  Sniper & shotty is the way to go, and of course full nades will help.  If you can get to the gatling gun, it's probably your best hope, (especially if Dom is still alive to take the brunt of the fire, but chances are he'll just die immediately).  Get ready to just do it over & over again. 
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarcLoccus
So it is possible to get to the turret? Any idea how many shots it takes to kill him??
darkjedirpm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkjedirpm
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts
So it is possible to get to the turret? Any idea how many shots it takes to kill him??DarcLoccus
Don't bother - you'll get torn apart by the kryll. Use the sniper rifle and grenades for as long as you can. When RAAM gets close, blind fire the shot gun.
tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts
Here you go:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWyuK22dJQ#GU5U2spHI_4
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts

I need some pointers for this bugger. Obviously I know how to kill him because of Casual and Hardcore....but Insane is well, insane! I've done all of Insane single player with patience, but I cannot beat this guy. I can barely get a shot off before his troika tears me apart. DarcLoccus
Invite a friend over.

2 people I know did it when RAAM got stuck somewhere, so getting him was easy as pie. Perhaps that will happen to you...

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

Here you go:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWyuK22dJQ#GU5U2spHI_4tratyu92

oh yeah the block glitch. i forgot about that. i've only finished act 1 on insane so far.

halo2paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 halo2paul
Member since 2005 • 7762 Posts
I done it by myself, basically you need at least 11 tourke bow rounds, blast him with these to start with then keep at least 4 greanades handey, whenever the krill are away friom him while hes at a distance just shoot him with the pistol if you have used up all your torke bow bullets, once he gets cloer lob all the grenades at him theen just keep unloading shotgun bullets into him, it will take a while and a load of attempts but thats how I did it, i tried going with sniper and torke bow but that didnt work well for me.
crazygamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 crazygamer1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
Torque bow is useless against RAAM on insane.  Sniper & shotty is the way to go, and of course full nades will help.  If you can get to the gatling gun, it's probably your best hope, (especially if Dom is still alive to take the brunt of the fire, but chances are he'll just die immediately).  Get ready to just do it over & over again.  ColoradoKindBud
The torque is NOT useless against RAAM. It was my main means of beating him on Insane. How I did it was I grabbed the Longshot, I already had the Torque bow but got the ammo for it so I had full ammo on it and had 4 Grenades. Stayed at the first wall the whole time. If the Kryll went away I shot him with the Longshot and hid again. As he got closer I blindfired some Grenades over the wall. As he got still closer I blindfired the Torque bow into him. He came around to my side of the wall, so I hopped the wall and put my back to the other side. Kept blindfiring the Torque Bow. All in all it took me about 11 Torque Bow shots, 2 Grenades and 2 Longshots and Raam went down. Torque Bow is awesome against RAAM due to the fact it'll do damage even if he's protected by his kryll shield.
Avatar image for cookendorfernic
cookendorfernic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cookendorfernic
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts
I beat raam on insne on my 2nd try alone in about 3 minutes. Torque bow, 2-3 head shots, torque bow, 2-3 head shots, he came too close, ran around the outside to the other end of the train, torque bow, 2-3 head shots, grenaded him, 2 torque bow shots, ran to the other end of the train, torque bow and 2 headshots and he was dead.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarcLoccus
Well, I think the glitch is fixed because I just tried it like 15 times. Each time he just walks around the block. As far as the torque, I barely charge itand I'm dead. I have to call BS on finishing it alone second try in 3 minutes. Ya right guy.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Yeah I can't run to the other end of the train on insane, I get downed by Raam way too quickly. I did it in co-op, but what we did is I would torque bow, my dad would use the longshot, and when he got close I spammed grenades and he was blindfiring with the lancer. He went down eventually :) You could probably use mostly the same tactics when fighting him alone.
woodyhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 woodyhou
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
I beat him using the block glitch. It took me a lot of tries because sometimes he will just walk around. Also if you blind fire the torque bow wrong you will explode when he is stuck on the block. It takes a lot of practice to get all the pieces to fall into place.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i used the torque bow, sniper, grenades, and the handgun. main thing is to make sure you get active reload and whatever you are using.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarcLoccus
I can't seem to barely move though, before he kills me........that's the real problem.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarcLoccus
I beat him using the block glitch. It took me a lot of tries because sometimes he will just walk around. Also if you blind fire the torque bow wrong you will explode when he is stuck on the block. It takes a lot of practice to get all the pieces to fall into place.woodyhou
So the glitch doesn't always work. I'm at 18 tries now, and he walks around the blocks everytime.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

[QUOTE="bman784"]If you don't have the torque by RAAM, replay the act, because you'll need it.Get the sniper as you're second weapon. Scatter the kryll with the torque, headshot with the sniper. Rinse and repeat, pulling perfect active reloads every time. Other than that, equip yourself with some free time and saintly patience. You'll need it.DarcLoccus
I can barely pull off a head shot, and the fugger is ripping me a new one. How many shots does it take to kill him???

It took me:

17 sniper shots

6 Torque bow shots

1 Frag

12 revolver shots

Avatar image for cookendorfernic
cookendorfernic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cookendorfernic
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts
I beat raam on insne on my 2nd try alone in about 3 minutes. Torque bow, 2-3 head shots, torque bow, 2-3 head shots, he came too close, ran around the outside to the other end of the train, torque bow, 2-3 head shots, grenaded him, 2 torque bow shots, ran to the other end of the train, torque bow and 2 headshots and he was dead.cookendorfernic
Do this...Its not that hard. Run around the outside to the right, then hide behind the block in front of the turret, cuz there is light. Then when he gets close, go back to your original spot. Just do that until he is dead.
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarcLoccus
I'll try again
mortalstakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mortalstakes
Member since 2006 • 2374 Posts

I used only the longshot and grenades, solo

I didn't move the kryll I waited for when he sent them, then perfect active reloads - just don't use the scope, use your reticle and try for headshots (the perfect reloads are important) - when he got close I blindtossed all four grenades then blindfired until he was coming around the corner - then jump the barricade and make for the back of the turret where there's just a little bit of light to keep the kryll from killing you and resume sniping

it took 30-40 tries I think but that finally worked

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i had the same problem as you i had to do co-op online then i finshed it.
zaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zaney
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts
torque bow, shotgun, and grenade tag
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarcLoccus
torque bow, shotgun, and grenade tagzaney
Grenade tag? Serious?
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts

I don't want to ruin it so...

[spoiler] Make a friend [/spoiler]

zaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zaney
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="zaney"]torque bow, shotgun, and grenade tagDarcLoccus
Grenade tag? Serious?

Yep, it isn't easy.  4 tags won't kill him either, but it helps.  I wait until he is right about to go around my cover area, tag him and run.

DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarcLoccus

I don't want to ruin it so...

[spoiler] Make a friend [/spoiler]

o_sausage
You-re funny. Anyways, I finally got him to stay at that block........and unbelievable!!! I ran out of ammo twice!! He didn't die. Co-op it is I guess
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
Torque bow is useless against RAAM on insane.  Sniper & shotty is the way to go, and of course full nades will help.  If you can get to the gatling gun, it's probably your best hope, (especially if Dom is still alive to take the brunt of the fire, but chances are he'll just die immediately).  Get ready to just do it over & over again.  ColoradoKindBud
Dom is about as smart as a retarded baby
NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 NextGen86
Member since 2006 • 578 Posts
QUOTE]You-re funny. Anyways, I finally got him to stay at that block........and unbelievable!!! I ran out of ammo twice!! He didn't die. Co-op it is I guess

Don't give up man...you'll get it eventually. Trust me, I spent days trying to beat him, but I eventually got it. It's SUCH a great feeling when you do beat him, especially knowing that you did it by yourself. If you've only tried 20-30 times, then trust me, you haven't tried hard enough.
Hellcanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#36 Hellcanwait
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts

This one is taking the piss.

All you need is the torque bow.

Get perfect reloads and you´ll kill RAAM within 12 shots. ( with a bit of practise, you´ll be able to kill him before he makes his way down to you)

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
It takes patience and time. It takes a while to beat him but believe me, once you do, it feels awesome! I done it with a Torque Bow and Longshot. I just done it the standard way i.e. Torque Bow to get him clear if the kryll are with him, pop up and get a headshot. You need to be fast in what you do. When he comes down for you, i ran up to the other end and repeated. That would be the hardest bit because he would just slaughter me as i was running. Thats why it takes time and patience. Don't worry, just stick at it and you will beat him and you will feel so good for doing so.
mortalstakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mortalstakes
Member since 2006 • 2374 Posts

QUOTE]You-re funny. Anyways, I finally got him to stay at that block........and unbelievable!!! I ran out of ammo twice!! He didn't die. Co-op it is I guessNextGen86
Don't give up man...you'll get it eventually. Trust me, I spent days trying to beat him, but I eventually got it. It's SUCH a great feeling when you do beat him, especially knowing that you did it by yourself. If you've only tried 20-30 times, then trust me, you haven't tried hard enough.

I concur with this assessment

KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
I just beat Gears last night on hardcore with a partner of course and it was pretty tough I cant even comprehend fighting him on insane those kryll will suck your blood out in 2 seconds grenades and a shotgun is your best bet though and try to blast him when he is wide open with little to no kryll around him!!!