NBA 2K9 or NBA Live 09???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yceman757
Member since 2004 • 980 Posts
I've played both demos and Live has improved vastly over previous versions, and 2K9 is great just like all the games before it. This would normally be an easy choice, but with Live improving this year, which B-Ball game are you going to spend your money on?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Nba Live has improved alot since the last horrible years. I enjoyed both demos alot actually. but in the end i like 2k9 more for a little more realism and not as many dunks.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
2k9 for the win. I liked the new features in NBA Live but I heard rumors that they charge you to get them.
MitchellPot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MitchellPot
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
2K9 is the better choice.
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yceman757
2k9 for the win. I liked the new features in NBA Live but I heard rumors that they charge you to get them.Pittfan666
Actually, they do unless you buy a brand new copy of the game. The DNA 365 is free with new copies of the game, gives you a voucher to DL it. But if you buy the game used, then you have to pay $20(Not sure how many MS points that is) to get the feature.
jers3yd3vil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jers3yd3vil
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts
i always been a 2k fan nd ima stay a 2k fan
LostSoul1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 LostSoul1974
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts

I've always gotten the Live games.......just when I decided to go with 2K, Live '09 gets a good rating.....now I'm torn again. Maybe I'll demo each of them & decide from there.

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
2k, its a no brainer.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
I'm probably going to get NBA Live 09.
ish27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 ish27
Member since 2006 • 1003 Posts
I'm 98% sure that I'm getting 2K9.
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yceman757
I've been going back and forth between both of the demos and I feel more in control on offense in NBA Live 09 and I feel like the computer is smarter off the ball on offense in Live as well. NBA 2K9 still feels great in terms of speed and control as well, but it does not feel better than NBA 2K6. I had NBA 2K7, I skipped 2K8, but I don't know what it is but I just feel like 2K hasn't made the strides and improved much since 2K6. Im leaning toward getting Live for the first time in probably 8 years, but Im still not too sure about that.
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
2k for me. I will say though that Live definitely improved, but 2k is still a little better IMO. Everything feels a lot more natural.
neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
lawl. 2k9 nub.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

One more thing.. The AI is so much better in 2k9 then NBA Live 09. I just preffer a basketball game that makes defense a MUST for winning, also alot more strategy is needed imo. Live definatly is slowely improving though. This might be the first year in awhile that i buy both basketball games. But 2k9 ill get on day 1 but NBA Live 09 ill rent and buy later maybe.

I just want realism in my basketball games, so 2k9 got the preorder

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts
I played both demos. I must say that NBA 2K9 has more realism. NBA 2K9 is my choice, even though live was still very good.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

[QUOTE="Pittfan666"]2k9 for the win. I liked the new features in NBA Live but I heard rumors that they charge you to get them.Yceman757
Actually, they do unless you buy a brand new copy of the game. The DNA 365 is free with new copies of the game, gives you a voucher to DL it. But if you buy the game used, then you have to pay $20(Not sure how many MS points that is) to get the feature.

Are you SERIOUS? I have to say, I really disagree with all this crap that is happening....If i buy a game, I own the game. and if I want to sell it, or trade it, thats MY business.

I_TURTLE_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_TURTLE_I
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
I'm personally getting both games, but if I had to choose only one i'd get NBA 2K9. I've played enjoyed both series. NBA 2K has always been my favorite ever since Dreamcast because of it's realism and in depth sim play as well as stellar online play. NBA Live on the other hand is good as well. It's more arcade with a lot more dunks. It's had a few bad years, but it's definitely bounced back as a contender, but it still falls a bit short. The sounds in the game are awkward for instance when the ball bounces on the rim it sounds like the rim is made out of some cheap materials. NBA 2K9 also has the same DNA thing as NBA Live just it's not as indepth. NBA 2K9 had a complete graphics make over and everything has been tweaked, it's excellent.
bamir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bamir0
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts

Are you SERIOUS? I have to say, I really disagree with all this crap that is happening....If i buy a game, I own the game. and if I want to sell it, or trade it, thats MY business.

NOD_Grindking

Not true and never has been. When you buy a game you buy a licence to use the software. You own none of the software (read game) on the disc and have absolutely no right to trade or sell it in any way. The games industry takes a softly softly approach to this so as not to hurt new game sales but trading software (or indeed dvd movies) in any way is not permitted at anything other than a new retail level. Look up the copyright notice on any game or dvd.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]

bamir0

Not true and never has been. When you buy a game you buy a licence to use the software. You own none of the software (read game) on the disc and have absolutely no right to trade or sell it in any way. The games industry takes a softly softly approach to this so as not to hurt new game sales but trading software (or indeed dvd movies) in any way is not permitted at anything other than a new retail level. Look up the copyright notice on any game or dvd.

the fact of the matter is, you can sell your games BACK to companies, therefore it is not illegal, and if it is illegal, its not enforced. IF they are selling these games used in stores, then this should not be happening.

mrmman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 mrmman
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I have both games now, i got them before the release and can tell you 2K9 is better for me however Live has improved a lot.
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yceman757
Still not sure what to think about either game yet. I haven't played a basketball game since 2K7 so naturally Ive been getting my ass kicked playing the 2K9 demo. So I feel like I cant get a full impression of the game unless I can change the camera, the difficulty, and possibly adjust the sliders. NBA Live 09 on the other hand, I can change the camera so I get a better feel for the game because I usually play basketball games with a baseline camera, and it feels okay on the default difficulty. I think Im going to wait for some reviews to come out before buying because it could be a case that 2K9 has a bad demo and the full game will be amazing, or it could be that Live 09 has a great demo and the full game is atrocious.
sugarbear100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sugarbear100
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts
I have both and I'm going with live.