my xbox just crapped out again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MaxXxKRISHxX
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

so this is the 3rd time this has happended and i'm seriously considering getting a PS3. however i still have about 1 year warranty left so should i just suck it up and stick with the 360?

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

360s break/fail. I had one for 8 months and it got a failed HDD then RRoD. I E-bayed the replacement and have gone only with PS3 which I've owned 3 for years with no probs at all.

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MaxXxKRISHxX

360s break/fail. I had one for 8 months and it got a failed HDD then RRoD. I E-bayed the replacement and have gone only with PS3 which I've owned 3 for years with no probs at all.

patriots7672

8 months ? ur pretty lucky, mine have been breaking after about 5. plus ive got alot of saves and achievements which will be hard to part with

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. I would be incredibly mad if my hard drive crapped out on me as well as the console. If that were to happen, I'd be in for a long, long break. Well good luck on the decision. You can find some pretty good deals on 360's as of now.
IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts

When did you purchase your Xbox? I have had 3 Xbox's and only the first one I ever had gave out on me. After 2 or 3 years though. It was the white console, I got it when it first came out. Then since Microsoft extended the warranty, I took advantage and sent it in...I purchased the Elite version, and that one I had for about 5 months without a problem. No loud fan, no noise...etc.

Unfortunately I got robbed and they took my Elite, and the original Xbox Microsoft had sent back to me, I think it was a new unit. Now I have another Elite, and so far so good...I hope these new models work out fine.

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaxXxKRISHxX

yeah this whole thing is really pissing me off but whats more annoying is that one of my friends has had his 360 since release and its never died, unless it has and hes been lying..... what a **** lol

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MaxXxKRISHxX

When did you purchase your Xbox? I have had 3 Xbox's and only the first one I ever had gave out on me. After 2 or 3 years though. It was the white console, I got it when it first came out. Then since Microsoft extended the warranty, I took advantage and sent it in...I purchased the Elite version, and that one I had for about 5 months without a problem. No loud fan, no noise...etc.

Unfortunately I got robbed and they took my Elite, and the original Xbox Microsoft had sent back to me, I think it was a new unit. Now I have another Elite, and so far so good...I hope these new models work out fine.

IIRubenII

mine is an elite but i got it when they just came out so maybe the 1st couple of batches were bad. or god hates me , yeah definitely that

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

PS3 are nice sure, my friend owns one. I will always be Xbox loyal. If my new Xbox craps out on me (it's 3 weeks new, #2) I will simply fix it or buy a new one. PS3 DOES have the trophy system now, but it's not supported by all games like Xbox. I LOVE that. I love so much about the 'Ole 'Box, really. NXE Strategy, Spotlight, the GUI, Netflix ... The controllers ... On and on.

"Oh Xbox 360,

how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways ..."

I say buck up, fix your 'Box, play hard and have fun. Oh yeah, and laugh at all the PS3 owners who overpay for slightly superior hardware and STILL get crappier picture quality!!

cool_beans1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cool_beans1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts
Well if you still have the warranty on it I don't see why you wouldn't buck up, I'd say save up for PS3 if you want it. Don't get rid of one console to grab another it's normally not a good idea especially with friends IRL on Xbox Live.
MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaxXxKRISHxX

PS3 are nice sure, my friend owns one. I will always be Xbox loyal. If my new Xbox craps out on me (it's 3 weeks new, #2) I will simply fix it or buy a new one. PS3 DOES have the trophy system now, but it's not supported by all games like Xbox. I LOVE that. I love so much about the 'Ole 'Box, really. NXE Strategy, Spotlight, the GUI, Netflix ... The controllers ... On and on.

"Oh Xbox 360,

how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways ..."

I say buck up, fix your 'Box, play hard and have fun. Oh yeah, and laugh at all the PS3 owners who overpay for slightly superior hardware and STILL get crappier picture quality!!

my_mortal_coil

your prob right, i'll stick with this faulty but amazing console . now i'm off to call microsoft and demand they that they give me some kind of incentive for staying with them as well as fixing the darn thing

xxRJxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 xxRJxx
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts

my xbob died two weeks ago after it ate my Rainbow six vegas 2 i shut it off and got red rings. sent it back and i get it on the 9th

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Please keep talk of broken consoles here.