My birthday!! GH:Metallica or Rockband 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkoptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkoptimus
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
PJ24 - Please use the Recommendation Sticky :)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

your probably better off with gh metallica because rb2 and gh world tour have alot of the same songs plus if you like tuff songs gh has them not rockband but rockband does have better online.

raeloneq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raeloneq
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

GH: Metallica has only like 40 songs. RB2 has over 60, plus a ton of DLC, that IMO is better than GH. Plus the World tour mode keeps you coming back for more.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

IMO there both great games but rock band 2 is better mainly because it has alot more songs and it will last you longer.

funkoptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funkoptimus
so RB2??
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
I would defiantly choose RB2 over Metallica due to the amount of songs on it, unless you're a hardcore metallica fan.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Drums are so much better on Rock Band.

Get Rock Band 2.

funkoptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funkoptimus
I have GHWT and have the drums that came with it. I dig the drums....not the kick pedal though. Do the GHWT drums work well with RB2? One reason is I like to play with family and friends and while Metallica is a good band to listen to I just wonder if it would not be much fun in the long run. Like I said I have GHWT and the download content seems pretty sparse
ehsan8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 ehsan8888
Member since 2007 • 2303 Posts

I would buy Rock Band 2. It is alot deeper, but if you like Metallica then the game is a good choice.

mastakhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 mastakhan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

definitely rb2. rb is supported by the best team of developers that release DLC content EVERY WEEK, at LEAST three songs, many times more. you have to realize that you're not just getting the 80+ songs that come with the disc, but also online access to almost 350+ more songs in addition to it, including a fair number of whole albums. in the long run, it's the better investment. you can see the list of downloadable songs here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content_in_Rock_Band

also, if you're concerned about the family aspect of this, RB2 has a better selection. they've branched out into children's songs (jonas brothers, spongebob squarepants), country (toby keith), and funk (james brown, earth wind and fire), so it's more appealing to everyone generally.

the only reason i can see to go for GH:Metallica is that you are the world's #1 metallica fan, or you are an expert drummer who just has to have that double kick pedal (though a simple splitter can actually turn RB2 into a double bass if you want).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

rockband 2. plus if you like metallica there is metallica dlc for rockband.

funkoptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funkoptimus
cool thanx so much for all your opinions. I am going with RB2. Should get the drums too or will the GHWT druums work just as well?
superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
[QUOTE="funkoptimus"]I have GHWT and have the drums that came with it. I dig the drums....not the kick pedal though. Do the GHWT drums work well with RB2? One reason is I like to play with family and friends and while Metallica is a good band to listen to I just wonder if it would not be much fun in the long run. Like I said I have GHWT and the download content seems pretty sparse

WT drums work fine with Rock Band. Rock Band doesn't have an orange drum though, so you might want to take the orange cymbal off the drums. I find when I leave it on I keep accidentally hitting it whenever a blue note comes up. Rock Band 2 has more songs than Metallica, and a huge downloadable library of songs, so it'll probably get you the most bang for the buck unless you're a big Metallica fan.
CruelPleasure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CruelPleasure
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

As much as I love Metallica I'd go for RB2.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

cool thanx so much for all your opinions. I am going with RB2. Should get the drums too or will the GHWT druums work just as well?funkoptimus

I think RB2 drum kit is better, but GH WT drums work fine in RB2, so you can keep them.

Oh, btw, in RB2 you can download ...And Justice For All, Blackened, and Ride the Lightning :) and Battery is included in the game disc.

Recontrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Recontrooper
Member since 2009 • 1012 Posts
Rock Band 2, if you have the world tour drums mic etc I believe you can use it in Rb2.
iain23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 iain23
Member since 2005 • 192 Posts

Rock band 2 is probably the better game due to more content and a different variety of songs. GH Metallica is better for fans but even then RB2 has some Metallica songs on it.

sToK3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sToK3d
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
I would go with RB2 as well, because it has good support from the developer and people still play it. Although Metallica is a good rental for a change of pace.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
I just purchased RockBand2 today and am loving it just got it for the Wii though.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I don't have either but I'd probably go with GH Metallica. The setlist just looks really solid, and I love metal personally. Plus metal is more fun to play in music games and GH Metallica is obviously jam-packed with it.
Avatar image for Penalty_of_Hero
Penalty_of_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Penalty_of_Hero
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

I owuld go for RB2