My 2009 GotY Predictions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

Some of my own opinions and predictions of scores based on gamespot's likelihood for 2009.

Some editing after feedback, and just stuff came out of my mind. Randomly.

Hyped Games but not GotY:

Halo Wars (7.0 - 8.5), seriously. People is going to buy this game and find out its not FPS, believe me, you know what Halo Wars is but they wont. So then they obviously dont even know Halo Wars is developed by another company that is not Bungie. They also wont know, that this company called Ensemble is going to be closed...right after Halo Wars. Now do you think Halo Wars is going to be GotY, I'll be suprised if its even good.

HAWX (6.5 - 8.0). Ok, this one is simple. The idea is great, but... Romania never make flight sims outstanding, so HAWX would be only an ok game. Definitely not GotY, PERIOD.

Prototype (7.0 - 8.5) This is an original IP. Great idea, great theme. However, this is a kinda of a game that could be terribly bad, or turned out to be surperisingly good. However, I sense some weak story... I thought there will be some terrible controls too but i heard that the Hulk from Radical has organized controls, so i dont worry too much about that anymore... I still think that the game is going to be fun playing in the beginning, you will definitely yelling dirty words out, but it could get boring real fast. Like Assassins creed, since its an open world, everyone will do fun stuff first and ignore the campaign, but if they have an awesome story and entertaining but not repetative quests along with it, then Prototype would be a great success. Oh and multiplayer? just ignore it.

Some awards but not GotY:

BioShock 2 (8.0 - 9.0) Well its a sequel, and the first one is just so great that we expect the second one to be as great as the first one, or better. But you know that usually wont happen. The first story was great, however, I have no idea how they gonna write the script for the second one. I really did thought that Bioshock wont have any sequels. I thought Bioshock was meant to leave ppl some memories. But well 2 is coming out this year. Hopefully its good. Great soundtracks, graphics and all, but story? hmmm.

Assassin's Creed 2 (8.0 - 9.0) This is game is not gonna come out this year, i think. But just to let u know, this game, GREAT IDEA AGAIN! French Revolution? Altair with rifles? Great. If it is as rumored though. The real issue of this game, is that if Ubi can learn their mistake from 1. Seriously, if its still repetative, then I dont know what to say. And hopefully they dont run out some great stories too.

FEAR 2 (7.5 - 9.0) This game is not hyped. No one talks about it. But hey have you ever played FEAR 1? Monolith people are so talented. This is the first time they get their hands on consoles, the FEAR 1 and expansions on xbox ARE NOT DEVELOPED BY MONOLITH, just to remind you that so u get the idea. Im actually looking forward to this game, but it all depends if they get a story going, AND IT NEEDS A STRONG COMPETATIVE MULTIPLAYER, if they success this, it actually can be GotY. Monolith, please tell me you guys worked hard on this?

Resident Evil 5 (8.0 - 9.0) VERY HYPED! but what is the possibility of it better than RE4. The best that RE5 can do is to be the same as RE4, with co-op. But still, story? meh. Gameplay? meh. I dont know. Must get for fans definitely.

Street Fighter V (8.5 - 9.5) Uhm, I have to say this game could be really good. But I dont like their graphics so i dont know. but Capcom wont disappoint fans thats what I know. However, even tho this game will be good, I dont think they gonna make a fighting game GotY, thats just what im sensing.

Dragon Age (7.5 - 9.0) Ok, well they say Mass Effect 2 is coming out this year? is it true? but anyways, im gonna focus on this game. Dragon Age. Well its kinda like a sequel to the Buldar's Gate series right? And you know that BGs are just so classic. Which makes me think that Bioware is going to stick Dragon Age into a classic way. By looking its gameplay, and story, theme. Its classic enough. Which is good. However, it seems this game is more like RPG than a real Action RPG, its noy like Mass Effect, its not like Oblivion or Fallout. I dont think theres action, is just you click, select spells, no aiming or intense controls necessary. Which that means, this type of game is like the old school RPG games, which also means, these games fits for PC versions the best. On the consoles, it may be awkward. cuz there will be so many commands that wont fit into the controller. Not only for the controllers, Dragon Age should have a great story, well im pretty sure Bioware should already beware of that and i hope they can do a good job on it. The one thing that they should include, is mutiplayer co-op. you can have AI merc with u in Dragon Age, but u cant have friends as merc or something to play along? In modern games, and the purpose of having a console, is to have fun with friends, and that also results into the how PC version will be a lot better than the console versions.

High Possibilities of GotY:

CoD6 (8.5 - 9.0), if it comes out this year. However, since CoD4 was a blast, I somehow sense that CoD6 could be somewhat disappointing, because remember how CoD1 was so great, GotY, and then CoD2 was only ok? like it happened again, since CoD4 made CoD6 so hyped, it could still be a good game, but it could be not as good as we expect it to be. So CoD6 GotY, maybe, if every other game just suck so bad... hopefully NOT.

Alan Wake (8.0 - 9.5) Alan Wake is hyped, Remedy havent make any games since 2003, which was Max Payne 2. And Max Payne was a good game, 1 and 2. Before i thought that Alan Wake, like what Max Payne did was that they focus more on PC version rather than the xbox. Which leads to bad controls for xbox. However, i realized my thoughts are terribly wrong. Why? Remedy was usually under Rockstar games, they developed and published Max Payne series. Now Microsoft get their hands on Remedy, and Alan Wake will be their first project as a team. Therefore, Microsoft obviously know that they NEED to focus on xbox too. And in fact since this game was in development for so long, Microsoft is probably trying to make Alan Wake an GotY on xbox, because PS3 wont get this. Their graphics looks pretty good, soundtrack is amazing. But if that can have a terrific storyline, a sharp control, and fun gameplay... which they shouldve since theyre taking as much time as they can, Alan Wake could be the GotY as expected... MAYBE and hopefully. CUZ I DONT WANT ANOTHER PS3 EXCULISIVE To BE GOTY THIS YEAR AGAIN.

Some other game that hasent announce yet (9.0 - 10.0) yeah, this could happen. some games, could be orig IP just pop out during the summer, and launch on the late Fall, and its going to be the GotY. It could happen.

Thats it, did my miss anything? what u guys think? is there any other games that are hyped?

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
you forgot 50 cent Sand in Blood
RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts
Street Fighter actually has a 9.8 average at the moment (it's still just from 2 reviews, but we'll see what's going down eventually)
MasonB15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#4 MasonB15
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
Don't for get Mass Effect 2.
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 luke89330

Don't for get Mass Effect 2.MasonB15

Is it coming out this year... Theres so many rumors about sequels launching soon, but i really think that they are going to delay and push everything to 2010... Like Assassins Creed 2, GRAW 3, and whatnot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
Ninety-Nine Nights 2, Dead Rising 2 and Overlord 2 could all be good.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts
how can you say story in re5 can't be better than in re4? im pretty sure this game will have a much better story... its making so many connections and answeriing so many question that have been kept secret since the first game came out so many years ago. the story of re4 was good but i think 5's is shaping to be much better. if capcom meets expectations in the story im pretty sure its GotY material
pontiac-joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pontiac-joe
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
what about riddick?
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

You're scores seem very low on Dragon age. I expect that game to get between a 9 and 10 on ign. And maybe you prefer the action RPG's, but there are plenty of people (me included) that prefer traditional Baldurs Gate/NWN/Kotor gameplay. It can be done on consoles, as Bioware has done it before with KOTOR. And it's Bioware, so the story will be epic.

zeblon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 zeblon123
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
what about halo:odst. i personally dont like it but with all the crazed halo fans out there who think its the best game ever it has to get good score.
PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts
RE:5 hands down imo, i think its just gunna be awesome especially sicne all the more stuff they can do with on a next gen console. I think Street Fighter IV could be but wont get as much consideration cause it is a fighter and wont have the in dept story like action and fps games.
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 luke89330

how can you say story in re5 can't be better than in re4? im pretty sure this game will have a much better story... its making so many connections and answeriing so many question that have been kept secret since the first game came out so many years ago. the story of re4 was good but i think 5's is shaping to be much better. if capcom meets expectations in the story im pretty sure its GotY material alfredooo

Very true. However, since there will be many connections, it all depends all they gonna explain everything in the end. You know sometimes, they just create mysteries, and you got all excited. The story is good while the mystery is not solved, and it still exist. If that all questions, well some, will be answered in RE5, then we will have to see, if the mystery really deserves the wait. Well, obviously, im not here to bash any games, I wish it can all be good.

luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 luke89330

You're scores seem very low on Dragon age. I expect that game to get between a 9 and 10 on ign. And maybe you prefer the action RPG's, but there are plenty of people (me included) that prefer traditional Baldurs Gate/NWN/Kotor gameplay. It can be done on consoles, as Bioware has done it before with KOTOR. And it's Bioware, so the story will be epic.

bessy67

Yes the bioware's story will be epic, i dont doubt too much on that. And yes my scores are low, because i said in the beginning that I predict these games in a Gamespot-like behavior. And you know that Gamespot rate games low compare to IGN and many other communities. I personally prefer RPG too, I played Diablo, NWN, Baldurs Gate, I liked them very much, I just hope that Bioware can impress the Xbox owners same as the PC owners.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
You are serously making predictions now when really no games came out yet.
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 luke89330

You are serously making predictions now when really no games came out yet.SSBFan12

True that, and thats why its all predictions. If the games are already out, then its called reviews... Now its just predictions of the things that havent happen yet.

red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

In my opinion, 2009 has been terrible overhyped. Halo Wars and ODST are looking iffy by the day, there has been literally no news off a good Wii game (Legend of Zelda anyone), there is no huge 1st party games for either console and to top it off, it is starting to look like Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and FFXIII are coming out in 2010. No for me this year is a catch up year. All I want is like games like Godfather 2 and that is a little depressing.( Bioshock 2 doesn't appeal to me and RE5 just really isn't my kind of game). If you want my prediction then it is RE5

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
halo :0DST is an expansion pack technicaly. as is why i don't think it will be considered for GoTY. it's going to have a very short campaign and a few more halo 3 maps and won't sell for the standard 60$ but probably around 30-40$
voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
we all have opinions dont we?
hektek2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 hektek2003
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

no Killzone 2? like WTF?!?!?

(lets pump up ps3 fans)

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't think any of those games are going to be goty, i think it will be a game that isn't hyped. i think it is still to early for that also.
xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts
CoD2 got game of the year as well I believe, CoD3 was the one that didn't, which was made by Treyarch, all Infinity Ward CoD games have been GoTY, and CoD6 is Infinity Ward
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts
That was horrible. Not sure if you're an anxious kid or something, but you just told us that you think most of the sequels coming ourt year will be a dissapointment because their predecessor was good..... Could that logic get any more Basic? How can any sane gamer think that the controls or story on a game are goning to be good/bad BEFORE playing said game? Sorry, that was lame as hell. Be more optomistic next time.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

About Prototype: There's no reason to believe that there will be anything wrong with the controls. The game is made by the people who made the Incredible Hulk(Not the crappy one that came out with the new movie) which was a very similar game in terms of control function and it worked great. I fully expect the game to get an 8.5 or above.

I do agree that the new COD probably won't be as impressive as CoD4, because much of the love for that game came from it's setting and new upgrade system, neither of which are likely to change in this installment.

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
Well its hard to determine, I mean 2009 just begun
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 luke89330

That was horrible. Not sure if you're an anxious kid or something, but you just told us that you think most of the sequels coming ourt year will be a dissapointment because their predecessor was good..... Could that logic get any more Basic? How can any sane gamer think that the controls or story on a game are goning to be good/bad BEFORE playing said game? Sorry, that was lame as hell. Be more optomistic next time.gotcha455

dude, im being nice through the entire time. Do i even sound anxious or some kid just hate games or hate life? is that what u think? And i said CLEARLY that the entire post is my OWN opinion and predictions, i predict stuff, i cant say im correct, cuz its obviously not, but i provide some proofs, informations that you may not know and it might support my predictions. I could be wrong, but thats what i thought, i even prooved myself wrong on the Alan Wake one. Sequels are not as good as the first, im not saying it always will happen, and i didnt say the sequel will always be better, but u cant deny the fact that there exist games that only the original one is the best. For example, i have to say Fable 2 was not as good as the first one, do you agree? Red Alert 3 was no better than the original one and even the second one. Halo 1 is still the best. etc. I didnt say the sequels just failed, its still good, very good actually, but compare to the first one, it is not as good, and this is "my thoughts" dont freak out on me, and you dont have to agree, but im just telling you that my predictions are not random crap, im not smoking while im writing this. I am not optomistic, you are correct, because im being pragmatic. I wish all games would turn out to be great, but dude, what is the possibility that all games are a blast? you tell me. 100% right im being optimistic. u can tell based on my analist that im not here to say hey fans, everygame is gonna turn out just as you expected, its gonna be so good. Sure it may will, but i cant do that. If you disagree, or want to prove me wrong on some predictions, just say so and say why, i want what other ppl think, and thats the purpose of me posting such title in the forum, but if u just wanna say ur lame, or ur illogical, then why u even want to read this when u see "prediction" as a title? thanks of your thoughts btw

luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 luke89330

About Prototype: There's no reason to believe that there will be anything wrong with the controls. The game is made by the people who made the Incredible Hulk(Not the crappy one that came out with the new movie) which was a very similar game in terms of control function and it worked great. I fully expect the game to get an 8.5 or above.

I do agree that the new COD probably won't be as impressive as CoD4, because much of the love for that game came from it's setting and new upgrade system, neither of which are likely to change in this installment.

darkmoney52

Nice, i never played Hulk, but if you say their controls r pretty organized, that means Radical shouldnt mess up with the controls this time. I thought the controls would be quite hard cuz its an free-roam map, like GTA4, and GTA4 already have some minor bad controls despite its an awesome game. And the shapeshifting and copying other ppls skills seems like a hard thing to organize, or maybe their skill is only one button or 2, maybe that will solve the problem. but hey thanks, great info. oh one interesting thing about Prototype, they have hulk, nico, altair in some hidden place in the city for you to shapeshift to them, i think thats pretty cool.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts
I feel that all the halo fans r going to be pissed at halo wars(im not a fan at all) 6.0-7.5, SF4 all ready got good reviews so I see 9.0-9.5, Yeah its going to be that good cuz its SF.