Mods for Oblivion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viggen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 viggen13
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
Hello...Was just wondering about if i could mod Oblivion like you could mod games like...Halo 2...If i could use some of the Pc mods for X360 it would be cool
Fire_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 Fire_Fly
Member since 2006 • 2725 Posts

Not that I know of.

And I wouldn't start discussing illegal stuff around here, mods don't like it.

PointedCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PointedCow
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
its not illegal, bethseda has made oblivion open to mods and pretty much encourages it.  They probley cant have the same thing for xbox because of M$.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

Not that I know of.

And I wouldn't start discussing illegal stuff around here, mods don't like it.

Fire_Fly
he didn't mention anything illegal.  infact gamespot is one of the majr sources for the mods.  http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/downloads.html?mode=mods   over 100 free mods for the pc.  he was inquireing if they would ever be posted on live marketplace.  in my openion it would be the right move for ms,  but they may see it as elimination of their comission for the 3 over priced mods on marketplace.  i think free mods would gain more players and game sales than ms would lose on mod comissions.
Fire_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fire_Fly

I know mods in general aren't illegal, but modding in Halo is (on an Xbox at least)

The reason there are no mods on a 360 is because

1. It would need MS approval
  2. It is easier to alter coding and the foundations of a PC game because you can rumage through all the files on the disk

Nuimber 2. is the main reason. It is much easier to share stuff on a PC and becasue games are made on a PC to begin with you can access all that makes up the game

Leandro29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Leandro29
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
I have 28 Oblivion mods
el_papison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 el_papison
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts
they should distribute the construction kit via live and allow upload of mods (unless it's involved with the topless mod)
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

I know mods in general aren't illegal, but modding in Halo is (on an Xbox at least)

2. It is easier to alter coding and the foundations of a PC game because you can rumage through all the files on the disk

Nuimber 2. is the main reason. It is much easier to share stuff on a PC and becasue games are made on a PC to begin with you can access all that makes up the game

Fire_Fly

modding halo isn't illegal even on the 360 in most cases.  the only time the mod was illegal was when it allowed piracy.  pirate games are illegal.  the cheaters weren't really breaking laws,  but they were cheating.  and that is why bungie created patches to keep them off live rather than persueing them in the courts.

and porting mods isn't that hard.  the mods run on the engine,  the engine runs on the 360.  if the engine can run the game it can run the mods. take unreal for example.  if you make a mod for it the mods will run on ms, linux, mac, with almost any combination of processors, graphics cards,  ram ammounts, etc...  as long as they meet the minimum specs to play the game.  sure there are some poorly coded maps or mods that will lag so badly they make the map unplayable on a low end pc but thats because the coder put in too much stuff.  engines are like java,  they let you write once and run anywhere the engine runs.  think of the engine as the interpiter.  you tell the engine what you want to do and the engine tells the hardware how to get it done.  you dont have to tell the hardware what to do,  thats the engines job.

viggen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 viggen13
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
Ah hem hem...It's illegale to use mods Online in Halo...Offline isnt...I just meant mods like the Timemod for Oblivion...would be so cool for 360
Fire_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fire_Fly
[QUOTE="Fire_Fly"]

rdo

modding halo isn't illegal even on the 360 in most cases.  the only time the mod was illegal was when it allowed piracy.  pirate games are illegal.  the cheaters weren't really breaking laws,  but they were cheating.  and that is why bungie created patches to keep them off live rather than persueing them in the courts.

and porting mods isn't that hard.  the mods run on the engine,  the engine runs on the 360.  if the engine can run the game it can run the mods. take unreal for example.  if you make a mod for it the mods will run on ms, linux, mac, with almost any combination of processors, graphics cards,  ram ammounts, etc...  as long as they meet the minimum specs to play the game.  sure there are some poorly coded maps or mods that will lag so badly they make the map unplayable on a low end pc but thats because the coder put in too much stuff.  engines are like java,  they let you write once and run anywhere the engine runs.  think of the engine as the interpiter.  you tell the engine what you want to do and the engine tells the hardware how to get it done.  you dont have to tell the hardware what to do,  thats the engines job.

There must be some difference in the game on 360 and one PC because the 360 version hasn't been re-rated because of the nudity hidden in the game engine. On the PC the coding is retrievable becasue of mods but not on the 360

strider237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 strider237
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i just want to know how to mod oblivion xbox 360 please if anybody knows email me at gamesta@hotmail.com
strider237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 strider237
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i dont know if any body can read my last post but can you email me if you know hot to mod oblvion for xbox 360 at gamesta@hotmail.com