Modern Warfare 2 should have been a DLC!!! There is Hardly any new content!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjcadet7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rjcadet7
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts

This game looks and feels like call of duty 4!

It would have been better if this game was only DLC instead of a full $60 game that has barely any new content. The graphics looks the same as the first one! Its a shame that Infinity ward is deceiving countless poeple into buying this!

rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts

Yeah you know with the new killstreak system, new perks, new weapons, and a new campaign I'm seriously thinking over buying it on Tuesday.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Yeah, I mean, could you imagine a sequel that looks and feels like the first iteration?
Shuraijuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shuraijuro
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

Wow this sounds like me complaining about Halo 3 ODST LOL but yeah dude chill out if you think its not worth buying go rent taht **** then. I want to buy it, this game isn't going to be like odst the 5 hour campaign will at least be amazing just like the 1st MW and the multiplayer isnt some half assed horde mode rip off then theres spec ops mode new maps new guns new perks , A tactical nuke i might add the only game that put something in there game that came close to that was unreal tournament. Yeah so stop being butthurt or cheap or whatever you want just go rent it then. I honestly think he is just serioulsy cheap.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Wow, gamers are starting to get really cheap. First it's Left 4 Dead 2, then it was ODST, and now it's Modern Warfare 2.

As a matter of fact, people are going to start saying that the new Assassin's Creed should be a DLC.And you know what! For that matter, why should we even pay money for games if some of use already payed for the Xbox 360 and LIVE membership, isn't that enough!? And why should I pay for extra content when I ready bought the game?

But let's not say that Madden or 2K10 should be a DLC. Oh no way sir. Every single year we just slightly tweak everything, give the exact same game with a different date on the cover, and everybody just can't seem to stop buying them. As a matter of fact, nobody complains. But you make a completely new game, with a new AI, new engine, new weapons, new gameplay elements, new graphics, new abilities, new maps, and new story and we complain!?

The future looks really grim if this is what people are going to say about every single new game that comes out.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
lol .... it's a number 2 it chan't change much from the first.... find me some games that as a series and tell me how much it changes
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

Wow, gamers are starting to get really cheap. First it's Left 4 Dead 2, then it was ODST, and now it's Modern Warfare 2.

As a matter of fact, people are going to start saying that the new Assassin's Creed should be a DLC.And you know what! For that matter, why should we even pay money for games if some of use already payed for the Xbox 360 and LIVE membership, isn't that enough!? And why should I pay for extra content when I ready bought the game?

But let's not say that Madden or 2K10 should be a DLC. Oh no way sir. Every single year we just slightly tweak everything, give the exact same game with a different date on the cover, and everybody just can't seem to stop buying them. As a matter of fact, nobody complains. But you make a completely new game, with a new AI, new engine, new weapons, new gameplay elements, new graphics, new abilities, new maps, and new story and we complain!?

The future looks really grim if this is what people are going to say about every single new game that comes out.

This is true - again, anyone who feels that a product isn't delivering real value for the money spent, retains the option not to buy it...
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

When I played Sonic The Hedgehog 2, I was so angry that it wasn't just DLC.

zeblon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 zeblon123
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts

im sorry, but what drugs are you taking?

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

I know! An improved graphics engine, all new killstreak system, reinvigorated rank and unlock system, new weapons, new perks (redesigned too), new mpas, new game modes, new co-op mode, new campaign/story, plus countless tweaks and refinements is absolutely nothing! I can't believe it's not DLC.

Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
TC is either smoking crack or mad that he can't afford to buy the game.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
The Xbox 360 itself should have been DLC for the original Xbox, greedy MS.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
The Xbox 360 itself should have been DLC for the original Xbox, greedy MS.Englando_IV
so true
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
By your logic,every sequel ever made should have been a DLC.
CGT37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CGT37
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts

Have you played the game yet? Why dont you wait till it comes out to cry about it so you at least know what your talking about

TheHallWay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHallWay86
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

What do you mean "feel the same" you already played it?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
lets just make every game DLC; at least people would stop complaining
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#18 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

It would have been better if this game was only DLC instead of a full $60 game that has barely any new content. The graphics looks the same as the first one! Its a shame that Infinity ward is deceiving countless poeple into buying this!

rjcadet7
You obviously haven't read anything about this game, yeah?
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

lets just make every game DLC; at least people would stop complainingchaoscougar1

But people love to complain about DLC lol.

"How dare they release MW2 DLC merely two years after the game (COD4) came out. It should have been included in the original game when I paid for it."

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
Yeah totally - just a new campaign, gameplay, graphics etc. Totally.
buttslaya617z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 buttslaya617z
Member since 2009 • 233 Posts

sure dlc... if you want an 8gb download since everything in the game is new.

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

what?

BlaqStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlaqStar
Member since 2002 • 1111 Posts

It's a whole new game... great game BTW

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

so because the graphics are the same, its completely the same game...your a numpty

they completely rebuilt the entire game from the ground up, it might look the same, but thats cus its on the same engine, CoD is about gameplay, not graphics, never has been.

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

LOL!

Honestly, I kind of feel the same as TC. MW2, while mind blowing awesome, doesn't really look or do anything different from MW1. Seriously. Look at it. Play it. It's like MW1.

TC was kind of right in saying it could have been DLC.

Everyone whines that Left 4 Dead 2 is "too much" like Left 4 Dead 1. But say the same thing about Modern Warfare 2 and all the kiddies bit your face off!

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

LOL!

Honestly, I kind of feel the same as TC. MW2, while mind blowing awesome, doesn't really look or do anything different from MW1. Seriously. Look at it. Play it. It's like MW1.

TC was kind of right in saying it could have been DLC.

Everyone whines that Left 4 Dead 2 is "too much" like Left 4 Dead 1. But say the same thing about Modern Warfare 2 and all the kiddies bit your face off!

imperial_agent

You're smoking just as much crack as the TC is dude.

You can't change a game's core mechanics by DLC. That alone is justifiable for it being a stand alone game. People really need to learn that DLC is just adding new stuff on. In the case of MW2, everything is being changed, from the game modes right down to it's actual mechanics.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
An fps that plays like an fps no ******* way, I can't believe a game using the same engine as the previous game looks the same as well. Thanks TC I am now cancelling my preorder thanks:D
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#28 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
an entirely new campaign, new multiplayer features, new perks, Spec Ops mode, etc. this would run around 3000-4000 MS point if DLC. what's the difference in buying this and an entire new game?
t8trg8tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 t8trg8tr
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="rjcadet7"]

I know man! With the new spec ops mode thats just as long as the campaign, the new campaign, practically all new weapons, new attachments, all new maps, and new killstreaks, hell, they should have given it to us free! I mean eff them for making a freakin SEQUEL feel like the original game that was so great. IW can SMD I bet NO ONE will buy this. In other words shut up you obviously just want attention.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I think it is not worth $60, the campaign should break the average FPS length. I'm picking it up, only because I know some sucker will buy it from me in February for $50.

t8trg8tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 t8trg8tr
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

I agree it is not worth $60, the campaign should break the average FPS length. I'm picking it up, only because I know some sucker will buy it from me in February for $50.

shawn7324
If this is your view on it then why do you have Bad Company 2 in your sig? That is still going to be a great game and I'm buying it, but it looks to be the exact same as Bad Company 1 except for the better destruction, blood, and a few attachments. So I don't get your logic. Same with AC 2. And even kind of Mass Effect 2. People just love to disagree with the majority.
nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
Yeah, It is just insane to release a squeal that looks and feels like the original.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

[QUOTE="shawn7324"]

I agree it is not worth $60, the campaign should break the average FPS length. I'm picking it up, only because I know some sucker will buy it from me in February for $50.

t8trg8tr

If this is your view on it then why do you have Bad Company 2 in your sig? That is still going to be a great game and I'm buying it, but it looks to be the exact same as Bad Company 1 except for the better destruction, blood, and a few attachments. So I don't get your logic. Same with AC 2. And even kind of Mass Effect 2. People just love to disagree with the majority.

Well actually BFBC2 looks completly different....more like cod. Not saying MW2 does, i didnt look into it at all.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
lets just make every game DLC; at least people would stop complainingchaoscougar1
Nope, they would still find something to complain about haha.
prenandrew301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#35 prenandrew301
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

are you kidding???

modern warfare 2 is a massive improvement over the first, refined multiplayer(which in my opinion is the best for any 360 game), new singleplayer and spec ops of which is kick ass