MLB 2k8, opinions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

disbadaszfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 disbadaszfool
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts
Okay. I need some honest opinions on MLB 2K8. Not just "I don't like it." I need sides to it. Likes and dislikes, etc. If you could please provide me with that, it'd be great. I'm planning on getting this game tomorrow sometime, but want some user reviews first.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
i'll do a short list instead of writing an entire review here: pros: great animations on field graphics are incredible, even in standard definition new pitching system is fantastic (once you get used to it) cons: too many graphical glitches (players going through each other, or the one that really bothers me, if you're a brewers fan whenever you hit a home run and bernie goes down the slide his legs go through it and it just looks terrible) besides on field, the graphics are pretty bad (fans, outsides of stadiums..) on SD, the text is really hard to read
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

the game just isn't smooth. alot of glitches. it looks great but looks aren't everything. you're better off without a baseball game, or if you have a ps3 grab mlb 08, which is very good.

SLYRIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SLYRIV
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts

well i dont think the graphics are really any different than 07, which could be a bad thing i dont know, so far since its been out for a week theres been so many bugs and problems with the framerate which makes the online impossible to play cause of the lag..i would recommend getting the game only because its the only real sim baseball game for the 360, so if you love baseball like i do theres really no other choice. but like the one guy said the new pitching controls with the right stick is really good (once you get used to it though is correct, its extremly frustrating in the beginning, but after a couple games you should get the hang of it)

7/10

Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

Okay. I need some honest opinions on MLB 2K8. Not just "I don't like it." I need sides to it. Likes and dislikes, etc. If you could please provide me with that, it'd be great. I'm planning on getting this game tomorrow sometime, but want some user reviews first.disbadaszfool

I don't like it.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

I'm happy I picked The Show 08 this year. 2K8 needs a lot of work and polishing up.

[QUOTE="disbadaszfool"]Okay. I need some honest opinions on MLB 2K8. Not just "I don't like it." I need sides to it. Likes and dislikes, etc. If you could please provide me with that, it'd be great. I'm planning on getting this game tomorrow sometime, but want some user reviews first.Unassigned

I don't like it.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I played the demo and I was ready to hate the game, as I've generally not liked 2K's baseball attempts, but technical problems aside it was pretty decent. I enjoyed the pitching once I got used to it and the batting was decent too. I still don't prefer it to The Show, even if the technical issues weren't there.

Not sure if it was a demo glitch, but I was playing the field and a line drive was hit to right field, I got my player into position and he went into a very ballet-esque leap and the ball went right off his head and flew about 30 feet behind him. It was comical, but also very annoying.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I've played the Demo only and I hated it. I was a 2k7 owner and it seems 2k8 took a step back. I probably didn't get it much of a chance because I recently purchased a PS3 and I have mlb 08 the show - Another poster posted that if you have a ps3, go with the Show.. it's really an incredible baseball sim... better than MVP 05.
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
ok ive played it for about 30 hhours so far and here s what i think, when i first got it i absolutey hated it because of the nwew pitching but i know how to do it now.there are a few framerate issues, but its very minor problems, onine is very laggy, but i dont care bout online anyways. the sweetest thing in the game, and in my opinion is one of the most addictive thing ive done in a game since trying to level up in halo2 is the trading cards. they are sooo fun to try and get, then trade them online with friends or strangers, there are three tiers for each card, black,gold,platinum.you just want to keep on playing until you get more cards. theres so much more about the cards that i could type but i dont want to make this too long, if you have a decent sized t.v mlb is great. hope this helped, go tribe