Microsoft ****ed me up!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oh_my

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Oh_my
Member since 2009 • 181 Posts
Last year I bought 1 year gold subscription with my dads credit card, today I found out my 5 years old brother bought $500 worth of microsoft points this month and bought so many games with it. Now my das gona kill me next time he gets the bill cuz we are really poor. What am I gona do???
KingTheodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KingTheodon
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts

Whats done is done... No use crying over spilt milk. I guess just tell him the truth, just dont lie, that usually makes things worse.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
LOL! Oh youre done for!
cheez-it_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 cheez-it_kid
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts
Why is this Microsoft's fault...?
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

This is kind of lucky in a way.

You'll dad will get over it, and you'll be able to play $500 worth of content.

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

I hope you have a job buddy...or you had better be getting one soon.

Oh_my

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oh_my
Why is this Microsoft's fault...?cheez-it_kid
They dont remove your credit cards detail after you purchase something, they keep charging you without letting you know when your subscription expires, you have to call them to remove your credit cards detail,they take 30 days to remove your payment option.
Oh_my

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Oh_my
Hummm.... you better tell your dad as early as possible. If your 5 years old brother really did it. From the way I see it, you did it though. Or you tricked him doing it. I would have to track what has been bought and to believe it is not you though.magicalclick
I am not mentally challenged so its not me.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="cheez-it_kid"]Why is this Microsoft's fault...?Oh_my
They dont remove your credit cards detail after you purchase something, they keep charging you without letting you know when your subscription expires, you have to call them to remove your credit cards detail,they take 30 days to remove your payment option.

which is why people dont trust a company like MS. I understand they are a business and that is to make money, but MS pushes it out the park. Also 500 worth of content, what did he purchase? :|
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

No your brother messed you up man.You had better tell your dad soon.Cause if he gets the bill before you tell him then man....You will really be in trouble then.You better explain to him how your brother did it and not you.

Oh_my

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oh_my
[QUOTE="Oh_my"][QUOTE="cheez-it_kid"]Why is this Microsoft's fault...?Tjeremiah1988

which is why people dont trust a company like MS. I understand they are a business and that is to make money, but MS pushes it out the park. Also 500 worth of content, what did he purchase? :|

He bought 5000 microsoft points eight times for $575, still have more than 25000msp left.
VINNYHERMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VINNYHERMAN
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Let me get this straight-

Your poor and got Xbox AND internet?? (skeptical laugh)

I got mines off the neighbors porch --

GO BROWN!

SELL ME YOUR XBOX & PCAND I"LL GIVE YOU A FAIR PRICE!

Then pay DAD

Take your ass whipping like a man son, and move on!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#15 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ur done for

evil_clown63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 evil_clown63
Member since 2003 • 909 Posts

GO BROWN!

Then pay DAD

VINNYHERMAN
im poor and i have xbox 360, wii AND internet.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="cheez-it_kid"]Why is this Microsoft's fault...?Oh_my

Actually if you go to live.com you can remove credit cards from your account and I believe you can make a one time payment for your live subscription, besides it verifies whether you want to charge the card when you want to buy points. As for your situation find it hard to believe your 5 year old brother purchased all those points, considering the processes you go through to buy the points themselves but kids are getting smarter and smarter now a days, maybe keep a better eye on him next time. But either way your screwed, best thing you can do now is just tell your dad asap so at least he will be expecting it and know whats going rather then be surprised on the bill.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="magicalclick"]This is you and your father's fault though. You can buy the point cards from retails like Best Buy. You choose to use credit card, this is the service you get. It is like your gym membership, it charges automatically because people don't want to keep doing it manually. Want manual? Go to Best Buy.

Again buying points via live is not automatic, you have to actually accept the purchase through 2-3 screens before it charges you. Now if you were talking about a live subscription it would be different I suppose but this mistake was cause by buying 5000 points over and over again. Though I will agree it is his fault but not for using a card to get points but for not watching his 5 year old brother enough that he could pull something like that off.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Well I don't think your done for seeing as you did this with your dads card in the past, and he must have given you permission in the past to do so., but I would bring this up to your dad as soon as possible carefully explaining in vivid details what your brother did getting him in trouble instead of yourself.

However I would call Microsoft and have them remove the card to prevent this from happening again, whats done is done though, but getting this out in the open to your dad will be the best option and I doubt you will get in trouble for it, I mean why would you if it wasn't your fault anyways?

Oh_my

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oh_my

Well I don't think your done for seeing as you did this with your dads card in the past, and he must have given you permission in the past to do so., but I would bring this up to your dad as soon as possible carefully explaining in vivid details what your brother did getting him in trouble instead of yourself.

However I would call Microsoft and have them remove the card to prevent this from happening again, whats done is done though, but getting this out in the open to your dad will be the best option and I doubt you will get in trouble for it, I mean why would you if it wasn't your fault anyways?

znator
Because he is an **** he likes to blame me for everything
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#23 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that bud, but I can't come up with anything to save you. You should probably tell him the truth.

Credit cards are trouble, kiddo, I don't use them and you should learn to not use them too. Your father will have to pay interest on those MS points, and that's no good for anyone except the credit card company.

After you tell him the truth, try to sort it out with customer service. If your 5-year old brother really did it, they may have a heart and you help you out by returning the money. I know that's what I'd do in that situation, but MS customer service may have a different protocol. Try to work it out though, you might get out of it that way.

But like I said, no bright ideas to save your ass from me, other than telling the truth and hoping for the best. :P

towely62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 towely62
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts

[QUOTE="magicalclick"]Hummm.... you better tell your dad as early as possible. If your 5 years old brother really did it. From the way I see it, you did it though. Or you tricked him doing it. I would have to track what has been bought and to believe it is not you though.Oh_my
I am not mentally challenged so its not me.

mental? he never said you were mentally challenged. hes saying u did it and your blaming your bro for it thats it. personally i think magicalclick is telling the truth like im goin to believe a 5 year old kid bought all that stuff thats bs and thats wat your dad will say too

Gump_the_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gump_the_Great
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

sounds like you should just blame your brother.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I blame video games for this, and of course Microsoft and the right to bear arms. Seriously, just tell your Dad, he'll make you pay for it I bet but not all of it if he's a good guy and if you're telling the truth.
Avatar image for TheChosenTurkey
TheChosenTurkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheChosenTurkey
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts

Okay.

1. Lol ownd.

2. Not microsofts fault.

3. Just come clean.

4. Ownd.

5. ?????

6. Profit!!!

Seriously..... just come clean. What's done is done. Atleast you got $500 dollars worth of points.

znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts
[QUOTE="znator"]

Oh_my
Because he is an **** he likes to blame me for everything

then all I can say is good luck with this, but for future references remove the card by calling Microsoft, and just buy the prepaid stuff, I also see the possibility of your dad taking away the 360 after this, but you may avoid all this if you just come clean with things, he just may have you doing extra chores for awhile or something.
expandingeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 expandingeye
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
I definitely wouldnt blame Microsoft, so um why arent you watching your little brother? I bet hes one of those 5 yr olds playing mature games too. am I right? Sucks to be you man, I feel for you.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#30 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

How did he manage to buy $500 worth of MS points?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
how is the microsofts fault? ure brother is the one you should be mad at, unless u were foolish enough to use your fathers credit card without his knowledge, then u are the one to blame
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Why would you be in trouble for something your brother did...?

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
it's not MS fault nor ur little bro's fault. it's actually your fault and the only one to blame is yourself. if there are kids playing with your xbox 360, put a pass code on your account for security. it's pretty much common sense.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

GO BROWN!

Then pay DAD

VINNYHERMAN
obviously u dont know anything about money yet or how budgets work. i have internet, xbox360 and a ps3 but it doesnt mean i have a crap load of money to spend on things i dont really need.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I don't suppose Microsoft ever refunds unused MS points.

And this isn't Microsoft's fault at all. It's your fault for committing credit card fraud, and your little brother's fault for being a little kid.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
Why is everyone even posting here? This is obviously a complete joke... his five your old brother bought all those points AND spent half on game content....ya, ok :roll:
flash69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 flash69
Member since 2002 • 754 Posts

stick a book down your pants, so when he kicks your butt it wont hurt as much. phone ms and tell them you bought to many by mistake and take the ms points back you havent used. thats a little bit of the 500 back.

its a start

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]Why is everyone even posting here? This is obviously a complete joke... his five your old brother bought all those points AND spent half on game content....ya, ok :roll:

what if it's not a joke? :twisted:
Avatar image for noONEbreaks1715
noONEbreaks1715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 noONEbreaks1715
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts
You are dead...
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#40 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
A lot of things concerning the 360 is microsoft's fault, unfortunately this is not one of them