MGS4-We need it.

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
MGS4 is probably the only PS3 exclusive that I have any remote interest in playing. I know this has been discussed to death, but I sure hope it comes to the 360.
Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Well it won't. So go talk about it in the PS3 forum.
Avatar image for Gebrechlichkeit
Gebrechlichkeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gebrechlichkeit
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts
I also want it, however I really doubt it will come to the 360, I'll wait until the ps3 get's a bigger game library and I'll get it.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

I wish.

But no way in hell will Guns of the Patriots be on Xbox. Get a PS3 for it; I'm thinking about that haha.:P

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
if anything they may do a repackaging of it a few years after it's release like they did with metal gear solid 2 substance on the xbox but due to the lackluster sales of that i don't know if they'll be willing to go that route again. then there's also the fact that you'd need a lot of dual layer DVD's to hold what one Blu Ray DVD would hold. My magic 8-ball says it best "Outlook not so good"
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Travo_basic

if anything they may do a repackaging of it a few years after it's release like they did with metal gear solid 2 substance on the xbox but due to the lackluster sales of that i don't know if they'll be willing to go that route again. then there's also the fact that you'd need a lot of dual layer DVD's to hold what one Blu Ray DVD would hold. My magic 8-ball says it best "Outlook not so good"herbie12282

I was hoping they would go that route of repackaging it and releasing it a year later.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
meh....never really got into the mgs series
bananashey_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bananashey_
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

It's likely to happen, especially considering the user base of X360 will still be much larger than the PS3 when it's finally released next year. Im tipping it will be ported in 2009.

As for the comment that MGS4 will require multiple dvds to fit on X360, that is total hogwash..MGS4 will have barely any pre-rendered cutscenes, it's all in game engine. Polygon size compared to video size is much smaller and could easily fit on 1 dual layer dvd. Unless Konami are doing fully uncompressed Dolby Digital Plus audio then theres not even a need for a Bluray sized disc.

ThaSikhest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThaSikhest
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
Don't really like MGS games. They're not bad though. I just dont like stealth games much. But who knows maybe it'll grow on me someday. Maybe.
tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
as someone wh gave his brother his 360 a while back you guys should be happy your getting SP conviction im gonna miss out on sam's new bam *sad face
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

MGS4 is probably the only PS3 exclusive that I have any remote interest in playing. I know this has been discussed to death, but I sure hope it comes to the 360.Travo_basic
IT isn't coming to the 360. That's pretty much a fact of life man. Every time Kojima gets asks, he says no.

Not interested in Little Big Planet even?!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal
The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? jchaff
Because MEtal GEar is the greatest series of games ever concieved by man. That's why
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Well it won't. So go talk about it in the PS3 forum.Zeldaguy16

QFT. I personally don't like the MGS series and think Hideo Kojima is horribly overrated... particularly by himself, that pompous douche. Anyway, it's far from being the PS3 exclusive that I'd most want on 360, but I have a PS3 anyway so screw it.

Thornorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Thornorway
Member since 2003 • 184 Posts
I dont think this will appear on the 360, it will remain as a PS3 exclusive but i cant understand all the fuss that hype the game up so much. I have the PS3 aswell but i wont be getting it cause i dont like it.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

[QUOTE="jchaff"]The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? fs_metal
Because MEtal GEar is the greatest series of games ever concieved by man. That's why

LOL!

Necromancer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Necromancer5
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="jchaff"]The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? fs_metal

LMAO!!! I like your thinking!

It is a great game and I REALLY hope we get it but chances are looking SLIM SLIM SLIMS SLIMS to none! But one can always dream

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="jchaff"]The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? Necromancer5

LMAO!!! I like your thinking!

It is a great game and I REALLY hope we get it but chances are looking SLIM SLIM SLIMS SLIMS to none! But one can always dream

IUT doesn't matter to me. I have a PS3 and love it
Ligh_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Ligh_warrior
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts
you guys make it sound like MGS is the best stealth game ever, did you guys forget Splinter Cell? I rather play thatsh!t than MSG. these are words coming out of a unbias gamer.
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

Just because Kojima says no doesn't mean that Konami won't say yes. In all likely hood... chances are slim that we'll see this on the 360, however you never know. They are saying that MGS4 will NEED to sell 1 million units on the first day to really be successful. (source) So one possible outcome is... multiplatform the sucker a few months or a year later.

Anyways... IF it comes out on the 360... then I'll be happy. Until then... I better start saving my pennies for a PS3.

Oh yeah and...

Photobucket

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
Im sorry fellow gamer mgs4 is probably not coming to 360 probably because of blu ray kojima probably made the games total size 18 gigabytes and bluray on a single layer is 25 gb it would probably come on 360 if it had 4 discs or something thats why i bought a ps3 and 360 but you have a wii right did you know snake is in next years super smash brother game yeah its true i read it on wikipedia.
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
i bought ps3 for mgs4 when it was still supposed to be released this year now my ps3 is just collecting dust
Hellcanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#23 Hellcanwait
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts

Tbh. I loved the first 2 mgs.... but the 3rd was pathetic ( I couldn't even be bothered to finish it )

I've no great hopes for the 4rth. installment.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

MGS should stay sony exclusive.

sony needs a franchise like that.

If you want to play it, buy a playstation.

Kash_1095

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 Kash_1095
Member since 2005 • 3606 Posts
MGS4 is probably the only PS3 exclusive that I have any remote interest in playing. I know this has been discussed to death, but I sure hope it comes to the 360.Travo_basic

We dont really NEED it,
but it would be nice to have, though it isnt going to happen
and I really do not care.
Prosach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Prosach
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

actually p00phead is pretty close but hideo kojima said a couple months back that one dual layer bluray wouldnt even be enough for his game and thats 54 gigs, so if you think about it, the only way you guys are gonna be able to play it, is if it came out on hd-dvd discs and even then there would still be multiple discs sorry guys should have bought a ps3 like me,besides the 360 sucks why would you guys even buy them?

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
I wouldn't worry. Awesome as MGS4 will be, it's not enough to get me to buy a PS3.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killerfist

actually p00phead is pretty close but hideo kojima said a couple months back that one dual layer bluray wouldnt even be enough for his game and thats 54 gigs, so if you think about it, the only way you guys are gonna be able to play it, is if it came out on hd-dvd discs and even then there would still be multiple discs sorry guys should have bought a ps3 like me,besides the 360 sucks why would you guys even buy them?

Prosach

yeah playstation has blue ray and that is a major Pro in the future, but now its WAY too expensive for devs to make games that fill the 40gig disc, unless sony pays for it. like what theyre doing with MGS4.

but now in present time, to answer your underlinedquestion, what else has the Ps3 to offer? ratchet and clank? sixaxis? lol

Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
All you guys need is Sam Fisher. Which is why im getting a PS3 for MGS4 ( love Kojima games)
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
If you want it so bad buy a PS3, its really not that bad of a deal now.
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

calm down. its nots that great of a game. if anything its the cutscenes and the story that carries the game and not the gameplay.

also the 360 doesnt need it. Maybe you do but the 360 can still do without it.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killerfist

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="jchaff"]The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? Nocturnal15

calm down. its nots that great of a game. if anything its the cutscenes and the story that carries the game and not the gameplay.

also the 360 doesnt need it. Maybe you do but the 360 can still do without it.

true. allthough I think Metal Gear is one of the best franchises ever.

still the 360 doesnt need it. if anyone sony needs it. if theyve lost the (exclusive) rights on MGS, ps3would be dead in no time

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killerfist
and personaly I dont really care. my friend has a ps3 and will be buying MG so I can play it at his place.We did the same with Ps2. I never owned it, but he did. so I got to play God of war and GTA
lego863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lego863
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

We all want it...

gavdav_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gavdav_1
Member since 2003 • 430 Posts
I certainly do, even killzone 2 :$ but I havnt looked back after going from ps2 to 360 :D
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

lol, the only one i liked was the first one on the ps1. only one i liked and was wow'd by...that was a great game. i had a ps2 and barely touched the other ones. sold it and bought an Xbox, never looked back. system seller my ass.

crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 crispytheone88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts

its really quite simple

At this pace the PS3 will be $1.25 in about two years, so just wait for the price to drop dramitcally, and then pick it up with MGS4, which will be a value title then

Of course I'm kidding, but as you get older, you relize that the games you look foward to playing will still be there in a year, if you have a little patience, you can save alot of money

I will probably eventually buy a PS3, but not untill they prove its worth as a game machine, and not just a cheap Hd movie player

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="jchaff"]The game really isnt that good...why is everyone making such a big deal about it? Nocturnal15

calm down. its just a great game. I love how the cutscenes and the story are just as great as the gameplay, not like these other games that are repetative and over rated.

fixed

III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
I would have to say its never gonna happen, but I also said that with DMC4 :/
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts

no we dont need it

MGS sucks. Play some good games, like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock... the list goes on.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
It wont
partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

Why do you want that game? The bosses look like something my 8 year old cousin would come up with. "Lets, lets make a robot like a tiger.. then a girl with a bunch of snake like arms that can squeeze people to death with a big hug.. then then.. a flying guy who can use guns and rockets.."

Seriously.. I don't understand how you guys don't see that this game has completely lost its creative property. I'll admit the first one was fun and entertaining. But they are stretching things a wee bit too much.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I want it, but since it's a continuation of MGS2 (which was aweful) I'm not about to run out and buy a ps3 to play it.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Travo_basic

Tbh. I loved the first 2 mgs.... but the 3rd was pathetic ( I couldn't even be bothered to finish it )

I've no great hopes for the 4rth. installment.

Hellcanwait

:evil: I can't believe you said that! that game is awesome.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Hrm. I'll never understand the hype for Metal Gear, I own all 3 of the current gen consoles and im hyping Little Big Planet more then I am MGS4.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts

I'm not really fussed if it comes or not as I'm not a MGS fan (I prefer Splinter Cell).

But I dont think it'll come to the 360. Unless its sales can not cover the cost of production then maybe we might see a Substance version come to the 360.

Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

youre wrong..zelda, mario and metroid are the greatest series ever conceived by man...theyre the most original too....

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts

My favorite MGS was MGS3- Snake Eater aka Subsistence.

I only wish for it to come to xbox, but no way its not soim not worried.

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

i dont need it

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

MGS is a system seller.

Its funny i'm still reading comment that the PS3 needs to prove that it is a good game system. It is... and it far superior to anything on the market (I'm a 360 owner who plays other people'sPS3's alot... I'm jealous). No MGS is NOT the only game that the PS3 has in 2008. Gran Turismo 5 is a system seller too... and God of War... and Killzone 2.... and HAZE.

Do you people realize that Devil May Cry 4, GTA4, and Assasins Creed were supposed to be PS3 exclusives (but the head of Playstation is a stupid old man and delayed the deals till MS swooped in)? Yea, I know, I'm beginning to sound like a Sony fanboy.... but that's because I will be jumping the bandwagon soon.

And no, I won't be satisfied with Splinter Cell...MGS is the Maserati of Stealth.