MGS4 on the 360!

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcgamer522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pcgamer522
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

Uh guys, don't wet yourself but MGS4 is coming to the 360...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/919/919647p1.html

I didn't believe it either, but it's still a rumor, so anything is possible.

And don't deny that it's a good game, that's just being an ignorant fanboy.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
You must be one of the millions who suffer from "notbeingabletoreadtheotherthreadsontheforum" disorder.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Well i acknowledge that it's a great game but it doesn't interest me that much.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Well i acknowledge that it's a great game but it doesn't interest me that much.craigalan23

ya metal gear games are pretty so so to me

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i'd buy it if it came out on the 360... but I won't believe it until I hear a confirmation from Kojima's company...
Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts
I well not buy a console for just one game, so the PS3 + MGS4 was out of the question. MGS4 on the 360....hmmm....they well get my money!
wally2nv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 wally2nv
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

that link is old.

on topic: i would buy it, i had MGS1,MGS2,MGS3,on ps2 now all i need is MGS4 to go multiplat and i will be complete.

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts

that link is old.

on topic: i would buy it, i had MGS1,MGS2,MGS3,on ps2 now all i need is MGS4 to go multiplat and i will be complete.

wally2nv
http://www.gamespot.com/nes/action/metalgear/index.html?tag=result;title;9 along with the PSP titles :P
Realm_of_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Realm_of_Mania
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Not coming, not going to happen, I played it on the PS3, a huge, HUGE game with sprawling levels, superb character models, the ability to not only play it stealthily but more action oriented this time,beautiful textures and sound, hour long cutscenes.....(here comes the negative) a sci-fi story that bores me to tears and most people I know, if you have never played MGS or any MG you wont get it, the hour long cut scenes are really REALLY too much, the story in general is pretty lame for my tastes. To top it off, it would have to be MANY disc's and MS charges coimpanies quite a bit for multiple disc's, according to Kojima himself the octocam just doesnt suit the 360's processors and CANT be done on the 360. His own words were impossible to get the full effect of octocam on the 360. Kojima stated if a port was done he would have NOTHING to do with it, and advised against porting the game. Thats bad news.

There are many variables though and the disc thing could be fixed...if they wanted to severely limit the games content, including textures, sound,cutscenes etc.. MGS4 is honestly, from my point of view, for hardcore fans of the series who need closure to a (in there eyes) great series of games. If your new to the game, unless your into Kojima's quircky Japanese style, you wont like it or understand the story elements. It would be great for you hardcore fans of the series who dont own the PS3, and I would love to see you guys get your wish, but why get a version of the game that is butchered because of disc space?

Its kind of like buying Oblivion for the PS3, Graphically and peformance wise its superior, but for the console version why settle for a version that doesnt give you the chance to play ALL the DLC unless your like me and LOVE oblivion lol. I guarantee the only version the 360 MAY see will be a shoddy port which Kojima will have NOTHING to do with, which is what you DONT want. For hardcore fans the PS3 purchase MAY be worth it....otherwise just take a pass, cause it isnt coming....or a disgusting port MAY come which means stay away.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
if the sony loses this exclusive...it's lights out for them this is the ONE game left that i really want on the PS3 and that is going to make me get one, one of these days i hope it does come to the 360, i'll save so much money
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

that link is old.

wally2nv

umm, the article is from October 14th, 2008, 2 days ago is old? it's news from TGS.

justin22corona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 justin22corona
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
metal gear and navy seals r the only 2 games on the ps3 that i would love to have......so if i get metal gear ill b very happy!!!!!
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stygiansanity

metal gear and navy seals r the only 2 games on the ps3 that i would love to have......so if i get metal gear ill b very happy!!!!!justin22corona

many, if not most, of the people who are playing SOCOM are saying it's a massive flop (probably due to it not being developed by Zipper Interactive but rather some other developer).

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

i like how ps3 fans say that it can't be handled on the 360. besides the cd space it can be done. to me video game consoles can bedone because of the hardware stuff.

it will be great for me, i played mgs3 on ps2 back in the daysi liked it.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I'd rather switch discs then do a 10 minute install after every single act, everytime you play through the game. If you only had to do it once fine, but doing it everytime is ridicolous.

Not even PC games make you do that.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stygiansanity

I'd rather switch discs then do a 10 minute install after every single act, everytime you play through the game. If you only had to do it once fine, but doing it everytime is ridicolous.

Mau-Justice

shhhh, don't bring that up :P

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

ps3 bastards!! can´t admit that 360 is far better and even sega saturn is better than ps3 xD

now seriously i would love to have the mgs4 on xb360

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

ps3 bastards!! can´t admit that 360 is far better and even sega saturn is better than ps3 xD

now seriously i would love to have the mgs4 on xb360

gow117

you do sound like a fanboy but MGS4 is possible on the 360 for example RE5 looks better than MGS4 and RE5 is on the 360 so if anyone says its not possible you are a fanboy.

ACSlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ACSlater
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
I mean, I'm sure that at some point this will indeed come to the 360 at some point. MS knows this has the potential to be a console mover in the small term and to get people to buy games and break out their 360's once again on a grand scale.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

the MGS series are my favorite games, like ever.

but that article has no indication of the game there talking about, being MGS4.
they just said they are looking into a Xbox 360 release...i wouldnt get excited if i was you.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Uh guys, don't wet yourself but MGS4 is coming to the 360.

pcgamer522

No need to worry about that. If you like it thats fine but I really couldn't care less.

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -5

#23 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1704 Posts

Wow this "mgs4 can't be done on 360 cuz its made for teh blu rayz!!!" excuse is getting pretty damn old now. MGS4 is very possible on the 360, the cows seriously need to stop deluding themselves by saying it wouldn't work. Take a look at RE5, a game for the 360 that looks 10x better than MGS4's graphics. Yes I know that the game contains a lot of really long cut scenes etc, and chances are they probably would have to put it on at least 2-3 disks. I don't have a problem with that, I would much rather switch discs every so often instead of having to do those stupid install's everytime you finish a level and start the next one.

So basically its practically confirmed that MGS4 will be on the 360 next year. I highly doubt that Konami and Microsoft would turn down porting a high selling game like that. I mean all the undying 360 rumors have been floating around for over a year now and with the more recent TGS reports just make it even more obvious.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

Wow this "mgs4 can't be done on 360 cuz its made for teh blu rayz!!!" excuse is getting pretty damn old now. MGS4 is very possible on the 360, the cows seriously need to stop deluding themselves by saying it wouldn't work. Take a look at RE5, a game for the 360 that looks 10x better than MGS4's graphics. Yes I know that the game contains a lot of really long cut scenes etc, and chances are they probably would have to put it on at least 2-3 disks. I don't have a problem with that, I would much rather switch discs every so often instead of having to do those stupid install's everytime you finish a level and start the next one.

So basically its practically confirmed that MGS4 will be on the 360 next year. I highly doubt that Konami and Microsoft would turn down porting a high selling game like that. I mean all the undying 360 rumors have been floating around for over a year now and with the more recent TGS reports just make it even more obvious.

Simulator_Shock

Yeah, a port of the game would definately be possible, regardless of the disks format. It wouldn't, however, be far-fetched to say that the game might not hold its graphical quality in the transition. Even though we've seen better looking games on the box, MGS4 was designed around PS3's cpu.

Similar to the Xbox port of MGS2, though the XBOX was sporting far superior hardware, the transition between PS2's EE and XBOX's Pentium III-based hardware left the box with a graphically inferor game.

Zaatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Zaatin
Member since 2008 • 353 Posts

Does it really matter, MGS4 is not the holy grail of games and besides cant we give the Sony community a exclusive for once? I mean we took FFXIII from them and they will never get Gears 2 or Fable 2, or even the exclusive DLC for Fallout 3 :P. Show them pity and mercy cause we all know if they lose MGS4 its going to just fuel their rage and than they will all go completely mad :).

xboxplayer1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xboxplayer1990
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

Could care less about it. I'm a bigger fan of Splinter Cell.

OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OspreyDawn
Member since 2008 • 283 Posts
If it comes, one disc would be an install disc and one play disc to access the game. Or, just use the Blu-Ray player attatchment that might be coming to the 360. I hope it comes to 360, and since other japanese developers are seeing the immense popularity of the 360 now, it makes sense to go multiplat if you're a third party developer. The damand is there, it be stupid to ignore it. If I had a PS3, I would have this game, but I'm not buying a PS3 for one game, everything else is mediocre. (maybe apart from GOW3)
Avatar image for FPS_FANATIC_007
FPS_FANATIC_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FPS_FANATIC_007
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

Mau-Justice
there are no 10 minute installs on mgs4
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

Sorry guys, this isn't going to happen, Kotaku made the rumor and today they themself killed it, here's the link on the most recent note:
http://kotaku.com/5064851/konamis-xbox-360-metal-gear-quote-was-erased

Kojima was complaining about the disc space on the blu ray discs, he filled it with MGS4, thats 50 GB, 360 disks have 10 GB capacity, since the game is divided in 5 chapter i guess for a 360 version they could fit 1 chapter per disc, thats 5 disc, what a deal, sell 5 discs for the price of one...

Also, Rage wasn't able to run on 360, so they delayed it to lower the graphics on the 360 version (they promised they would hide it so you wont notice though) and to fit it in 2 discs because 1 disc wont do it. Rage wasnt made for PS3 hardware, so, i dont think a PS3 hardware based game will run good on 360.

OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OspreyDawn
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

FPS_FANATIC_007

Yes there are. I rented a PS3 just for this game when it came out and I had to install the damn thing more than I'd like to, once is too much. It took forever.

OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OspreyDawn
M$ needs to sort out this storage disfunction with their DVDs, and pronto. It's holding back a whole generation of games.
Avatar image for FPS_FANATIC_007
FPS_FANATIC_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FPS_FANATIC_007
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="FPS_FANATIC_007"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

OspreyDawn

Yes there are. I rented a PS3 just for this game when it came out and I had to install the damn thing more than I'd like to, once is too much. It took forever.

i own one and the game and there are no 10 minute installs the longest one was the first one the chapter installs are only 2 or 3 minutes each tops
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JKusanagi
[QUOTE="FPS_FANATIC_007"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

OspreyDawn

The installs take about 3 minutes, I can tell because i played it lots of times. And for the guy who would rather switch the disc lots of times, you would have to change disc and also have to wait lots of time every time you change of screen, fitting the game in separate disc wont increase the laser capacity of reading data from the disc, those installs are made so that the loading between switching screens are shorten

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

Not coming, not going to happen, I played it on the PS3, a huge, HUGE game with sprawling levels, superb character models, the ability to not only play it stealthily but more action oriented this time,beautiful textures and sound, hour long cutscenes.....(here comes the negative) a sci-fi story that bores me to tears and most people I know, if you have never played MGS or any MG you wont get it, the hour long cut scenes are really REALLY too much, the story in general is pretty lame for my tastes. To top it off, it would have to be MANY disc's and MS charges coimpanies quite a bit for multiple disc's, according to Kojima himself the octocam just doesnt suit the 360's processors and CANT be done on the 360. His own words were impossible to get the full effect of octocam on the 360. Kojima stated if a port was done he would have NOTHING to do with it, and advised against porting the game. Thats bad news.

There are many variables though and the disc thing could be fixed...if they wanted to severely limit the games content, including textures, sound,cutscenes etc.. MGS4 is honestly, from my point of view, for hardcore fans of the series who need closure to a (in there eyes) great series of games. If your new to the game, unless your into Kojima's quircky Japanese style, you wont like it or understand the story elements. It would be great for you hardcore fans of the series who dont own the PS3, and I would love to see you guys get your wish, but why get a version of the game that is butchered because of disc space?

Its kind of like buying Oblivion for the PS3, Graphically and peformance wise its superior, but for the console version why settle for a version that doesnt give you the chance to play ALL the DLC unless your like me and LOVE oblivion lol. I guarantee the only version the 360 MAY see will be a shoddy port which Kojima will have NOTHING to do with, which is what you DONT want. For hardcore fans the PS3 purchase MAY be worth it....otherwise just take a pass, cause it isnt coming....or a disgusting port MAY come which means stay away.

Realm_of_Mania

Man, you really know what you're talking about. I mainly bought a PS3 for this game. I beat the game like two months ago and it was worth it. Like everything works so well in this game. The difficulty, the mechanics, graphics, and my only complaint is the movies were a tad bit long. I mean there were like 20-30 mins long at times but it was worth it. The flashbacks and everything just brought me back to the Playstation One and Two days. Seeing those moments again, made me want to play the original ones again. I was thinking about buying the essential collection. Anyway it's really worth it to buy the PS3 because most blu ray players can run you about 300. So you mind as well get a PS3. I wouldn't want to play a shoddy port of this brillant game.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
oh really? click here and see what happened to that so called confirmation.
Avatar image for VIRGIN_ISLANDER
VIRGIN_ISLANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VIRGIN_ISLANDER
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts
If you people want to play this game so bad why dont you just buy a ps3, or go to your friends house and play it...and..if they dont have MGS4 buy it for them so you can play it when he gets done with it.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

FPS_FANATIC_007

The very first initial install is 10 minutes. Then every single time you beat an act you see another 5 minute install. These don't go away on your second playthrough either, you will always have to do them, as they seem to overwrite themselves for god knows what reason.

I guess somebody thought that was a bright idea somewhere along the way...

Don't try and downplay it, I own the game too.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
I don't see the point of it coming to xbox. It's rather pointless playing it for me because I've never played any previous games. I think it's just dumb releasing it on xbox because not all of the games have been on the xbox system.
wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
I cant really say that I care all that much. There is much better games coming out to worry about like Fable 2 and Fallout 3. MGS4 is old washed up news get over it.
pdizzel87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pdizzel87
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
I don't think it wil come to the 360 but even if it does I'm not sure I would buy it. I played MGS1 + 2 a long time ago and loved the story but couldn't get into the 3rd cos the camera angle just pissed me off. Also not a big fan of stealth games as I don't really like the splinter cell games either.
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JKusanagi

I don't think it wil come to the 360 but even if it does I'm not sure I would buy it. I played MGS1 + 2 a long time ago and loved the story but couldn't get into the 3rd cos the camera angle just pissed me off. Also not a big fan of stealth games as I don't really like the splinter cell games either.pdizzel87

The camera was improoved since Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence, they gave us free 3rd person camera. Also in MGS4 you could go and play the game with shoulder view (like Resident Evil 4) or even first person view, by default you would have to keep pressed the R1 button to keep any other view than the 3d person, but you can always go to settings to leave it one way or another

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#43 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Look what I found:

Xbox Live boss tells MCV he'd "love to see Kojima's masterpiece on our machine"

Microsoft's Xbox Live boss has told MCV that Xbox 360 definitely has the power to "handle" Metal Gear Solid 4 – and talked of his admiration for "Kojima-san's masterpiece".

John Schappert, the firm's corporate vice-president of Live, Software and Services, said that he would "love to see the game come to 360", and boasted of Xbox's "horsepower".

His comments came after Konami's Yoshitaka Arai allegedly told a Japanese newspaper: "The worldwide demand for an Xbox 360 version of MGS4 is quite high, and it is something we are currently looking in to."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32048/360-...says-Microsoft

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Well i acknowledge that it's a great game but it doesn't interest me that much.SouL-Tak3R

ya metal gear games are pretty so so to me

It's an excellent game, but having already finished it, I don't think I'd be rebuying it anytime soon. MGS4 was THE reason I even bought my other system.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
meh... never got into the metal gear series
N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts
Konami rejected this so many times lol
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
Even if it did come out on the 360..I honestly really wouldn't even care..the Metal gear games have always been a bit dull to me especially because of the gameplay though they changed it in 4 which was a good move I sill don't really care. The characters are pretty intresting and so it the story but it's just one of those games I'll probably never beat.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d27a0be87356
deactivated-5d27a0be87356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 deactivated-5d27a0be87356
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts

Konami rejected this so many times lolN9ne-xx

Thats pretty much the point of a timed exclusive" At signature they are forbiden to confirm, mention, talk of, hint at or speculate in any way or form about the game comming to another system until the deadline as passed, otherwise there is no point in dealing a timed exclusive.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
The series never really appealed to me so I don't really care.
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
I was never into MG so it doesn't matter to me. My brother loves it though.