mass effect help for a first timer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smittyn96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 smittyn96
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

i just purchased mass effect and mass effect 2 because i wanted games that would last me a long time and because i wanted to be ready for the release of the third title next year. i started up the game and had absolutly no idea what i was doing. could i get a rundown on the classes so i atleast know where i can start my journey the descriptions seemed a little fuzzy. also are there gun limitations for each class? thank you for the help

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I think your best choice is to check out a guide from the internet, there are quite a few out there with class breakdowns I would assume.

Good pick on the games though, Mass Effect is an amazing series!

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Best option on your first playthrough is to go Soldier. Try out the other cl@sses once you know how the game works

ondeena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ondeena
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Definitely start off your ME experience in the soldier class. You have the most gun options, and many other abilities you lack can be supplemented by your team. Once you get to know the game more, try playing as an Infiltrator or Vanguard. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the Engineer class. I've played ME 1 and 2 through about three times each and I still prefer Soldier. Good luck!
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

Best option on your first playthrough is to go Soldier. Try out the other cl@sses once you know how the game works

N7v1K0

this

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Yep, my first playthrough was just straight up Shepard soldier and I am glad. Soldier is the easiest to learn the ropes with which is basically what your first playthrough should be.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Well my first playthrough was an Infiltrator, but Soldier is probably the easiest to play. And yes the cIasses have weapon restrictions; in ME1 you can use any of the guns you carry, but if you don't have a specialization for it, you cant use it well. You cant even aim it actually. In ME2, you only carry the weapons that your cIass can use.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#8 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The default class is Soldier, which is, as the name implies, best suited for combat. I've never tried any of the other classes.

electr1c_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 electr1c_r3d
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

Play as a solider and DON'T HAVE BOTH ASHLEY AND KAIDEN IN YOUR PARTY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Pick one (or neither, whatever) and stick with them. Can't really say much without spoiling it.

Pah. I made this mistake the first time around.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Play thru as soldier until you get your bearings.

ebelle96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ebelle96
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

I would think that playing through as a solidier if its youre first time. Btw, good pick, Mass Effect is amazing!

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
Hands down Adept was the funniest for me. So maybe you could start there.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Soldier is definitely the way to go. That's what I chose on my playthrough. The beginning of this game will be very strange to you and you won't exactly be used to the mechanics and style of fighting so when you're thrust right into battle within the first 15 minutes or so it'll be good to have some good weapons and weapon skills.
GammaTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GammaTru
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
I agree that soldier is a good class for beginners. I think I was an Adept all the way through 1 and 2. I had a lot of fun with it, but I remember struggling with some of the battles in the first game. Just make sure you have a balanced team. If you're going with soldier, then I would recommend having Kaiden or Liara and Tali in your squad.
berto64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 berto64
Member since 2010 • 12690 Posts

start with the soldier class since the default Shepard is.if you want to make your own character you can.and when you do afetr you get done on how you want your character to look like.then you can chose your class.

but like the others say start with the soldier class then as soon you finish your first playthrough then you can experement the rest of there is.

but tis your choice though.