Madden 09 OK, WTF????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JurockDaRock
Member since 2008 • 326 Posts
There is no challenge play option in Madden 09?? I've seen some pretty messed up calls, and I couldnt even challenge them to my dismay. And also, when playing people on multiplayer, side by side, not online, WHY OH WHY, do they make it so obvious to what play you are picking? I remember in the PS2 08 there wasnt a highlight over the play you were goin to pick, there was a button assigned to the play u wanted so it could be harder for people to know what play you're going to use. This really bugs me because my bro is always looking at my freakin plays. So any option to change that?
JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JurockDaRock
bump
comelstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 comelstr
Member since 2005 • 677 Posts
Yea same here wish they had a challenge the call. Thats why i STILL play ESPN Football 2K5 best football game Ever. Was like real football.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Not sure whats going on on your end. I challenge plays all the time.

HeyFonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 HeyFonz
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
There is a challenge play option on the start menu but it's not always there, which isn't very helpful. I've used it a couple of times to challenge catches but I don't think you're allowed to challenge catches in the endzone, which is lame. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

For your other issue, when selecting a play you can press LT to "bluff" the play so the four plays which appear on the screen are assigned to A,B,X and Y. Hope that helps.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

There is no challenge play option in Madden 09?? I've seen some pretty messed up calls, and I couldnt even challenge them to my dismay. And also, when playing people on multiplayer, side by side, not online, WHY OH WHY, do they make it so obvious to what play you are picking? I remember in the PS2 08 there wasnt a highlight over the play you were goin to pick, there was a button assigned to the play u wanted so it could be harder for people to know what play you're going to use. This really bugs me because my bro is always looking at my freakin plays. So any option to change that?JurockDaRock

You can challenge plays in Madden 09, i do it all the time!! its 2 ways you can do it. you can do it the old way and pause the game and select challenge play, or after the play, you can use the right thumbstick to scroll the options (right under where its showing the replay) and click the thumbstick when you want to choose it.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
side-by-side coop is too easy because you can see the other person's plays. That needs to be changed for next years installment
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DZBricktop

There is a challenge play option on the start menu but it's not always there, which isn't very helpful. I've used it a couple of times to challenge catches but I don't think you're allowed to challenge catches in the endzone, which is lame. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

HeyFonz

Well, just like real NFL Football, you can't challenge any play you want. Such as when theres under 2 minutes left in the half, or game.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop

side-by-side coop is too easy because you can see the other person's plays. That needs to be changed for next years installmentAvenger1324

Theres an option to both call fake plays and bluff the players patterns. Look around at the options on screen.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JurockDaRock

Not sure whats going on on your end. I challenge plays all the time.

DZBricktop

Can you tell me how?

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JurockDaRock

[QUOTE="JurockDaRock"]There is no challenge play option in Madden 09?? I've seen some pretty messed up calls, and I couldnt even challenge them to my dismay. And also, when playing people on multiplayer, side by side, not online, WHY OH WHY, do they make it so obvious to what play you are picking? I remember in the PS2 08 there wasnt a highlight over the play you were goin to pick, there was a button assigned to the play u wanted so it could be harder for people to know what play you're going to use. This really bugs me because my bro is always looking at my freakin plays. So any option to change that?navyguy21

You can challenge plays in Madden 09, i do it all the time!! its 2 ways you can do it. you can do it the old way and pause the game and select challenge play, or after the play, you can use the right thumbstick to scroll the options (right under where its showing the replay) and click the thumbstick when you want to choose it.

Ok, Imma try that again, but I have looked in the start menu after the play but ill look again I guess..

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

First, you can't challenge every play. You can't challenge penalties and you can't challenge after the two minute warning. Also, if you happen to be out of timeouts, you can't challenge.

To challenge eligible plays, just find it in the start menu before you watch the replay or the ball is snapped on the subsequent play.

Franchise2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Franchise2k6
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts
what are u talking about. YOU CAN CHALLENGE