lost planet is really meh...anyone agree?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I'm nine levels deep in this game and I don't think I can bring myself to finish it. I'm so bored with this repetitive mess. Blehhh. What do you guys think?
latinmaster842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 latinmaster842
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts
 i love the game go back 2 gears of war
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
yeah its okay... thats why i rented it i wasnt that big a fan of the demos
khalil19104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 khalil19104
Member since 2005 • 1079 Posts
i agree with u tc. this game gets boring fast
dberuvides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dberuvides
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts
This is the main reason why I wait for games to drop to 30 bucks or so before I buy.  GOW was the first full price game I bought since Halo 2.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ninjaxams
yah, I should have rented this first
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Didn't buy it... thought the demo was "really meh". I don't think it's the suckiest game ever, but I didn't see any reason to throw $60 down on it when I've barely gotten started on Rainbow Six Vegas, for instance.
FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts
Repetitive? If you're bored, play it on hard. I can't stand all these reviews which judge the game on Normal, and then complain about the bad AI, ease, and length of the game. Play it on hard, see if you can get past the first hive, and then play some multiplayer, I dare you to tell me this game is just meh, after that.
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
I like the game a lot, yeah i kinda agree, now that people play Gears they think basically every game will be a POS until Halo 3 comes out. I bet even reviewers have that feeling, "Oh this doesn't compare to Gears of War so were gonna have to give it a pretty crappy score." I'm not saying LP is better than Gears but i do think people are gonna compare it to this game simply because it has a gun in it. 
kokaiinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kokaiinum
Member since 2005 • 2400 Posts
How great another one made a thread about how they think Lost Planet blows. Now i dont make a new topic of every game i think stinks to high heaven, if i did hese boards would be flodded 24/7 with negative remarks of the endless stream of sucky games.

You dont like good for you!. keep it in your head next time, there is no need to makes these threads just cause you dont like a game.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

To all of those people who do not like Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, the reason why those people do not like it is because they are so brainwashed because of Gears of War. It is because of all of that brainwashing that game did to those people that they can not get past the fact that it is nothing but an adverage shooter with great graphics, and because of all of that brainwashing those people think that every other game is crap.
Also all of these brainwashed people need to go to a psychiatrist to get rid of the mental disorder that was caused by that brainwashing from Gears of War to become the person the they used to be, and that way they will see that there are soo many other great games on the Xbox360 and then they will also see just how adverage of a shooter that Gears of War really is.
This post is meant for everyone that was brainwashed by Gears of War, so that goes for the gamers whom post on this forum and for the Gamespot staff and to all of the other staff members at other gaming sites that was involved in rating Gears of War because it does not deserve the outrageously high rating that it received on these sites.

So to answer the topic of this post, no I disagree as Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is one of many great games for the Xbox360. The demos kinda sucked, but the full retail game is much better in everyway possible then the demos.
ghstbstr
couldnt have said the geow part better myself although i havent tried anything but the demos of lost planet but geow was just a game which was over rated due to great gfx
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I love the game.. The single player is great so far and whether you like or dislike the multiplayer, Its still a great addition. I honestly think both the single player and mutiplayer are good.. We're not talking Gears Of War quality, but its still worth a purchase IMO.
Gam0Ph0bia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gam0Ph0bia
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
All Of You Said It's A Crap Because You Compare It With Gears Of War . Gears Of War Is A Good Game But The Score 9.6 Is High For It .
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
The demos were boring, but I bet the game is much better.
The only thing I don't like is the way the crosshair moves.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#16 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
I think its great. no where near gears of war, but still it's pretty damn nice
usmc123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 usmc123456
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts
How great another one made a thread about how they think Lost Planet blows. Now i dont make a new topic of every game i think stinks to high heaven, if i did hese boards would be flodded 24/7 with negative remarks of the endless stream of sucky games.

You dont like good for you!. keep it in your head next time, there is no need to makes these threads just cause you dont like a game.
kokaiinum
it's becuase there was such a big hype when it was meh
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
I love the game.. The single player is great so far and whether you like or dislike the multiplayer, Its still a great addition. I honestly think both the single player and mutiplayer are good.. We're not talking Gears Of War quality, but its still worth a purchase IMO.GoreObsessed

Exactly my point, may not be the best game out but it damn sure is entertaining for me and i'm glad i bought it. Like i said people will think every game is a POS until Halo 3 is out.
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
I love this game the mecs really are great addition to the game, and for those that have the game will know how great the battle is with the green eye. I would say this is one of the best 360 games out now
mkisielewski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 mkisielewski1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I have to say that I wasn't thrilled after 4-5 hours into the game.  It really starts with a bang, and then becomes a series of boss battles that I wish were more intense.  I think that a lot has to do with the fact that Capcom has openly admitted that this is a Japanese influenced game tailored in many spots for the western market.  While it is a solid game by all means, it just did not suck me into the storyline.  Albeit, I must admit that I loved GOW for the first 5-6 hours and then became bored as well.  I still have not brought myself to finish the game.

I think on this one it is purely taste and style that are the determining factor for truly getting into this one.  It is quite apparent that this one is going to really cause some rifts being that it is one of the few games being released in the next month and a half.  Capcom got a lot of things right with this game, but for me it got quite repetitive and boring a couple of hours into it.  You cannot take away the fact though that it has gorgeous graphics and a solid arcade feel to it.

Cheers!
Dead_Menn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dead_Menn
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
game gets pritty lame pritty fast
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I am absolutely loving Lost Planet. It has exceeded my expectations.
Guyzea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Guyzea
Member since 2005 • 1276 Posts
The demos were boring, but I bet the game is much better.
BigDaddyPOLO
You can change that and make it stay in the center. They dont let you change that in the demo.
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
I loves gears and I just got lost planet yesterday. I will play it later today and I know I will like it. The demo was fun to me.
mkisielewski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mkisielewski1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I thought it was okay. Just okay.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjaxams

To all of those people who do not like Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, the reason why those people do not like it is because they are so brainwashed because of Gears of War. It is because of all of that brainwashing that game did to those people that they can not get past the fact that it is nothing but an adverage shooter with great graphics, and because of all of that brainwashing those people think that every other game is crap.
Also all of these brainwashed people need to go to a psychiatrist to get rid of the mental disorder that was caused by that brainwashing from Gears of War to become the person the they used to be, and that way they will see that there are soo many other great games on the Xbox360 and then they will also see just how adverage of a shooter that Gears of War really is.
This post is meant for everyone that was brainwashed by Gears of War, so that goes for the gamers whom post on this forum and for the Gamespot staff and to all of the other staff members at other gaming sites that was involved in rating Gears of War because it does not deserve the outrageously high rating that it received on these sites.

So to answer the topic of this post, no I disagree as Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is one of many great games for the Xbox360. The demos kinda sucked, but the full retail game is much better in everyway possible then the demos.
ghstbstr
who ever mentioned gears here? gears was good, but not OMG 9.6 good. don't make assumptions.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ninjaxams

kokaiinum
really? I see you have reading comprehension problems as I never said LP blows.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

ninjaxams

who ever mentioned gears here? gears was good, but not OMG 9.6 good. don't make assumptions.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? As I can not tell by your post.

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Repetitive? If you're bored, play it on hard. I can't stand all these reviews which judge the game on Normal, and then complain about the bad AI, ease, and length of the game. Play it on hard, see if you can get past the first hive, and then play some multiplayer, I dare you to tell me this game is just meh, after that.FreedomReign

cheers!

petrnorth18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 petrnorth18
Member since 2005 • 1102 Posts

yeah i got sorta bored when i was playin the demo, that was enough for me

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

ghstbstr

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? As I can not tell by your post.

well I agree to a point, but I don't consider myself one of those people. I've been playing games a long time, and its gonna take more than what gears has to make me gauge every other title by it, 3rd person shooter or not.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="BigDaddyPOLO"]The demos were boring, but I bet the game is much better.
Guyzea
You can change that and make it stay in the center. They dont let you change that in the demo.

yeah, but what about the rest of the controls? the fact you have to hit up on the dpad to zoom in is totally akward
xfire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xfire3
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts

ghstbstr
Actually, I thought the demos were EXTREMELY MEH and I've never touched GoW (will soon tho) So basically your theory was just proved wrong. Also, if your so anti-gears, why is your gamer pic the GoW logo?
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
There's a reason why the average review score on GameRankings is 77.5% which translates to NOT WORTH $60, it's pretty simple. $40 or less is ok.
xfire3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xfire3
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
whoops, just read the end of ur post, srry about the mini-rant. (my bad, didnt read "the demos kinda sucked" part. :P)
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts

ghstbstr
lol since when cant ppl have opinions that differ from urs? As for that Brainwashed by Gears thing, u really should get out more if ur serious about that.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
All Of You Said It's A Crap Because You Compare It With Gears Of War . Gears Of War Is A Good Game But The Score 9.6 Is High For It . Gam0Ph0bia
I Like To Capitilize Every Word In My Sentence Too! Seriously though, stop doing that.
blade_of_woe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blade_of_woe
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts

To all of those people who do not like Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, the reason why those people do not like it is because they are so brainwashed because of Gears of War. It is because of all of that brainwashing that game did to those people that they can not get past the fact that it is nothing but an average shooter with great graphics, and because of all of that brainwashing those people think that every other game is crap.
Also all of these brainwashed people need to go to a psychiatrist to get rid of the mental disorder that was caused by that brainwashing from Gears of War to become the person the they used to be, and that way they will see that there are soo many other great games on the Xbox360 and then they will also see just how average of a shooter that Gears of War really is.

Wow I hate ignorant people who continuously follow whatever game is out even though the games is not that good. OK first off if the demo sucked why did you even buy it, second you can't even spell advantage or use than instead off then when. It is stupid posters like you that make me regret wasting my time reading such an ignorant as well as unsupportive argument. Until someone knocks some GD sense into you please don't waste my time posting your idiotic comments. Oh and by the way I think that you need to stop ripping on GOW just because you probably suck and blow at that game. Im pretty sure the professional reviewers know what they are talking about. Stop ripping on the 2nd best possibly first best game of the year just because you like to play a shooter that is average at best and also has way too much hype which should die down in less than a month.

ghstbstr

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm nine levels deep in this game and I don't think I can bring myself to finish it. I'm so bored with this repetitive mess. Blehhh. What do you guys think?ninjaxams
I feel pretty much oppositely. I'm lovin' it.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i love the game.
davim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 davim84
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts
Lost Planet boring? wrong i love this game boss battles are insane keeps me wanting more next person with a "lost planet" sucks thread should be banned
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ghstbstr
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

xfire3
Actually, I thought the demos were EXTREMELY MEH and I've never touched GoW (will soon tho) So basically your theory was just proved wrong. Also, if your so anti-gears, why is your gamer pic the GoW logo?

I never said that I didn't like or was anti-gears of Gears of War as I all said was it does not deserve the outrageously high rating that it received on gaming sites. That is because I was not and am not brainwashed by it as most everyone else seems to be, as I just bought it because the story is interesting to me and I like shooters. As for my gamer pic as you had pointed out, I have that Gears of War logo because it is a cool looking pic and to me it has nothing to do with the game that it represents.
goez3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 goez3000
Member since 2003 • 482 Posts

ghstbstr
no... that's your opinion, my brother was a stupid individual to buy this game. also, one thing i really dont like about this game is the horrible story. this game can be beaten in 5hrs. it is a real pathetic attempt of a game, and Gears would blow this S**ty game out of the water any day.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 danneswegman
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

goez3000
no... that's your opinion, my brother was a stupid individual to buy this game. also, one thing i really dont like about this game is the horrible story. this game can be beaten in 5hrs. it is a real pathetic attempt of a game, and Gears would blow this S**ty game out of the water any day.

story??. who cares about that? seriously. stories are just made up to guide you trough the gameplay, the shooting and the fighting. I don't give a damn about story. I even think it should be excluded from reviews. Who cares. The GAMEPLAY is what's important. And LOST PLANET has got addictive oldschool gameplay. It will be a hit amongst true gamers.
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts
The people bashing Gears of War in this thread are those people who need to bash anything that's popular. If Gears had sold 100,000 copies they'd think it's the best game ever made. Honestly though, if you can't see how amazing the gameplay is in Gears than you aren't much of a gamer
Nonam3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Nonam3gamer
Member since 2005 • 880 Posts
I'm on mission 9 and I'm liking it more than I did at the beggining. At Mission 7 it really picked up and became incredibley fun.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ghstbstr
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

goez3000

Just in case you forgot Gears of War can be beat in the same amount of time as Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. So what is you point? You do not have one so go back and play Gears of War.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghstbstr
The people bashing Gears of War in this thread are those people who need to bash anything that's popular. If Gears had sold 100,000 copies they'd think it's the best game ever made. Honestly though, if you can't see how amazing the gameplay is in Gears than you aren't much of a gamer
Endgame_basic

I think that Gears of War is a good shooter just not as great as everyone seems to think that it is. Also I am a huge gamer for most of my 32 years of my life, but the difference is I am not brainwashed like everyone else is over Gears of War.

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

ghstbstr
This kid has been brainwashed by Lost Planet.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 danneswegman
I'm on mission 9 and I'm liking it more than I did at the beggining. At Mission 7 it really picked up and became incredibley fun.
 Nonam3gamer
wow, i thought the single player demo was fun allready.. imagine my fun with the game!!!