Logitech G25 Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sgac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sgac
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts
Hi fellas. OK I'm thinking of buyin the Logitech G25 Racing wheel primarily for my PC, but, as it's currently one of the best(and most expensive) wheels out there, I'm wanten to use just this wheel for all my games machines. Now Logitech says that the wheel works with the PC, PS2/3 and obviously the PSOne, but, as it has a standard USB 2.0 port, can't this wheel be used with the Xbox360 as well? I don't see why not, I mean the 360 has standard USB 2.0 ports, but Logit doesn't mention compatibility for it for this wheel. Anyone own one or know if it works with the 360? Cheers Sam The Bam
kartracer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kartracer76
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
OK here is what will happen if you try to use a G25 with your 360, NOTHING. Unfortunatly the MS programers did not forsee/care about the fact the many people use the G25. To run a wheel the system has to have the wheel's drivers installed. These drivers are what interperate the control inputs made by you and feed that information into the game engine. Unfortunatly for use G25 owners and all other people who own USB 2.0 wheels the 360 does not support the instalation of drivers unless someone were to dismantle their 360 and figure out the programing and create a program that would install the drivers on the 360, but this would be something that only the MS programers would be able to do. It looks like we wont be able to use any thrid party wheels on the 360 for at least 3 years. MS did not want to loose any possible profits and that is why they created a half-assed wheel that is 3 seconds a lap slower at nordschlife than the hand held control. They wanted to give you no other choice so that you would either buy their stuff or get out. When MS releases their 3rd Xbox it will likely be compatible with other wheels.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
OK here is what will happen if you try to use a G25 with your 360, NOTHING. Unfortunatly the MS programers did not forsee/care about the fact the many people use the G25. To run a wheel the system has to have the wheel's drivers installed. These drivers are what interperate the control inputs made by you and feed that information into the game engine. Unfortunatly for use G25 owners and all other people who own USB 2.0 wheels the 360 does not support the instalation of drivers unless someone were to dismantle their 360 and figure out the programing and create a program that would install the drivers on the 360, but this would be something that only the MS programers would be able to do. It looks like we wont be able to use any thrid party wheels on the 360 for at least 3 years. MS did not want to loose any possible profits and that is why they created a half-assed wheel that is 3 seconds a lap slower at nordschlife than the hand held control. They wanted to give you no other choice so that you would either buy their stuff or get out. When MS releases their 3rd Xbox it will likely be compatible with other wheels.kartracer76
Your sig can't be serious...
B_O_L_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 B_O_L_T
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I realise this is an older post but had to point out you are completely and utterly wrong about the g25 and Xbox 360 kartracer76, your post is misleading and misinformed. All it requires is that MS add the USB VID/PID for the g25 to its internal list of supported products and it would work perfectly fine. It is possible to use the g25,using a hardware mod to alter this code to one that the Xbox currently recognises, adding a controller board from some cheap piece of crap with xbox support would do the trick too, and then all one needs is a switch to change between the two.

The only thing preventing inbuilt support is cold hard cash, Logitech won't or can't stump up the funds for a license, in case you hadn't noticed, Logitech no longer make any wheels with support for the 360.

bigg_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigg_p
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Is the MS steering wheel really that bad? I've been thinking about getting one but haven't really got to try it, so is it worth the money?
jamesn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jamesn12
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi guys... 8)

http://www.xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZlazWwr8M

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XCM-F1-Converter-Logitech-G25-G27-Wheel-Xbox-36-PS3-/260728814297?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cb4a5fad9

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#7 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
This thread has been brought back every year since 2008...I'm closing the topic.