Just got Dead Space...is it a Sleeper Hit?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

I just picked up Dead Space and beat the first two chapters...so far its really good....its the best surrival horror game I have played in a LONG time (I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horror)...you will die a lot trying to surrive...its got the same aim system as RE4 and same fast enimies...you can also buy and upgrade you weapons like in RE4...I like the fact there is no hud...it sucks you into the game more without seeing your life and bullet count on screen...another thing I like is that if you hold in the right stick, it tells you what way to go so you never get lost.

Overall, if you like sci-fi, surrvial horror, or action, buy this game...it is the sleeper hit of the year.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

I know. I'm amazed there's not that much hype around it.

From the moment I first saw it's gameplay I new it was going to be good and the reviews it's gotten go to show that.

Still it is not in todays most popular. Also it should be the gamespot's background theme.

IncipioAnima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IncipioAnima
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts

Yeh, I've also noticed the lack of hype for this game.

_JPH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _JPH_
Member since 2005 • 903 Posts
did u download the xbox 360 suit for the game?
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#5 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

did u download the xbox 360 suit for the game?_JPH_

I have but I'll be too busy wuth Fallout 3, CoD4, Castle Crashers and Duke Nukem.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I doubt it will be a sleeper. I wouldnt be surprised if it sells over 1 mill.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
I'm going to get it next month when I have the money but it looks like a brilliant game.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I have the money & I'm ready to go and pick it up, but something is holding me back. Still after all the revews I'm not sure on it, might have to rent it first. Why is all reviews so positive & OXM so freaking negative???
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

It will sell well. The games awesome.

Plus 8.7 from IGN, 9.0 from GS. I don't really call that a sleeper, pretty well known that it's a good game.

cutman2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cutman2001
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
the game looks like a lot of fun. from what I've seen, it looks uber-creepy and a lot like resident evil 4. I can't wait to get my hands on it, though I don't know if I'm going to buy it with so many other games coming out this holiday season.
Boostd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boostd4
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts
I have been tracking this game for awhile...but didn't get super excited about it until about a month ago. Just picked it up and can't wait to get home to try it out. Hit for sure...sleeper...probably not.
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
i think i'm gunna get far cry 2 instead of this game.
XEbonyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XEbonyX
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Yea, I didn't know a damn thing about it until the review but I'm going to pick it up in the next month or 2.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

not for me

when i first saw I thought it would be a bit cheesy and tacky horror

however about 2/3 weeks ago after seeing some vids I knew it would be at least an 8, 8.5 game and that I would definitely get it

personally Im looking forward to it more than far Cry 2 since i have played god knows how many shooters in my life

i mean how different can it be?

I prefer dark atmospheric games, hence why Im looking forward to Heavy Rain and Alan Wake more than Resi 5 and Halo 3 recon

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
damn, I have it on PS3 but I lost my PS3 power cord somehow so I have to wait until friday to play. You don't know how unbearable this wait is, the artbook has me psyched
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#16 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
I'm not sure it will be a sleeper. It is being hailed as one of the scariest games ever made, being released right near Halloween, and word of mouth will go far for this game. I think sales may be slow initially but will hopefully pass 1 mil so a sequel can be made :)
_JPH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _JPH_
Member since 2005 • 903 Posts

damn, I have it on PS3 but I lost my PS3 power cord somehow so I have to wait until friday to play. You don't know how unbearable this wait is, the artbook has me psychedjamejame

You got the 150$ UE???

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Wow since I first posted it's shot up to the number 1 most popular game today.

It's 3rd on my wishlist after gears 2 and fallout 3 so I will probably get it around christmas.

I can't wait to dismember things strategically.

g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

I just picked up Dead Space and beat the first two chapters...so far its really good....its the best surrival horror game I have played in a LONG time (I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horror)...you will die a lot trying to surrive...its got the same aim system as RE4 and same fast enimies...you can also buy and upgrade you weapons like in RE4...I like the fact there is no hud...it sucks you into the game more without seeing your life and bullet count on screen...another thing I like is that if you hold in the right stick, it tells you what way to go so you never get lost.

Overall, if you like sci-fi, surrvial horror, or action, buy this game...it is the sleeper hit of the year.

k3ck

Who do you buy your weapons and upgrades from? I thought you're alone out in "Dead Space"? :lol:

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Your weapons are made out of mining instruments. You need to find certain items to upgrade weapons.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

just picked it up ten minutes ago. Can't start playing until after I've studied for my upcoming ap calc test though :(

fun

kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts

This game is absolutely amazing, the graphics have me floored. They look so good. They're in the vents. The way they move, sound, the way they die. It's superb. The controls are so good, I got used to them immediately, and it's so much fun dismembering, and foot stomping. This game will suck you in, it's amazing.

It's like playing the opening level of Metroid Prime x1000. Cripes, it's sold out at my game store I got to (last copy), and I showed it to 2 of my friends, they want to try i. Everyone should buy this game. It's already a hit.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]damn, I have it on PS3 but I lost my PS3 power cord somehow so I have to wait until friday to play. You don't know how unbearable this wait is, the artbook has me psyched_JPH_

You got the 150$ UE???

Didn't even know there was such a thing. Naw I just had it preordered at GameCrazy, which allows you a free ninety-something page artbook. It's a really well put together artbook and it comes with 3-D glasses for the last 15 pages which are obviously... 3-D. Pretty sick.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#24 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I'm not sure it will be a sleeper. It is being hailed as one of the scariest games ever made, being released right near Halloween, and word of mouth will go far for this game. I think sales may be slow initially but will hopefully pass 1 mil so a sequel can be made :)skinny_man_69

Wow I thought I was the only guy on Xbox live with Lucas as my gamer pic.

anyways I'am looking forward to this game and Saints Row 2 but I'll buy them after I sink 300 hoursi nto Fallout and get my damn Golden Ak in Call of Duty 4

jskate28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jskate28
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
This game is awesome. I've only played a little bit but I can honestly admit that I'm a 23 year old man and this game scares the crap out of me. I love it.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horrork3ck

??????? That game is the definition of survival horror! :)

Mcderby4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mcderby4
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
The game looks amazing, reminds me of Doom 3 with a bit of RE4 gameplay ;D
SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaintSatan

[QUOTE="k3ck"]I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horrorseankane

??????? That game is the of survival horror! :)

no...its more action then surrival horror

I played some more Dead Space and im liking it a lot...get it now

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SaintSatan

[QUOTE="k3ck"]I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horrorseankane

??????? That game is the of survival horror! :)

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts
[QUOTE="seankane"]

[QUOTE="k3ck"]I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horrork3ck

??????? That game is the definition of survival horror! :)

I thought RE4 was creepy as hell and it was a survival game(isn't that the definition of 'survival horror'?). It brought the whole genre to a new level. More zombies doesn't make it less 'survival horror'-like.

Anyways, dont have the money to get a bunch of games at the moment. I'll likely get it eventually, though. Looks good. I've heard mixed reviews, so I'll probably rent it first, just in case.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
Looks more like System Shock 2 than any game I've seen in a loooooong time, and that's just fine with me :)
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#32 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I just picked up my pre-order today. I LOVE THIS GAME! I think the only reason it's under-hyped is because EA was releasing it. but now that it's been getting good reviews, hopefully it gets more recongition :D
TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

Best atmosphere since Bioshock, and best sound design I've ever heard....

I feel sorry for those who don't know about it because they are really missing out....

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
its the best surrival horror game I have played in a LONG time (I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horror)......its got the same aim system as RE4 and same fast enimies...you can also buy and upgrade you weapons like in RE4...... Overall, if you like sci-fi, surrvial horror, or action, buy this game...it is the sleeper hit of the year.k3ck
Well, it sounds like you're saying DS is a lot like RE4. Why then do you consider DS to be survival horror if RE4 isn't? Also, I love how everyone is calling DS a sleeper hit even though it's been getting major hype for ages. I think it's funny how 'sleeper hit' only started getting thrown around after that idiot Cliffy B called it a sleeper hit.
TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="k3ck"]its the best surrival horror game I have played in a LONG time (I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horror)......its got the same aim system as RE4 and same fast enimies...you can also buy and upgrade you weapons like in RE4...... Overall, if you like sci-fi, surrvial horror, or action, buy this game...it is the sleeper hit of the year.x-2tha-z
Well, it sounds like you're saying DS is a lot like RE4. Why then do you consider DS to be survival horror if RE4 isn't? Also, I love how everyone is calling DS a sleeper hit even though it's been getting major hype for ages. I think it's funny how 'sleeper hit' only started getting thrown around after that idiot Cliffy B called it a sleeper hit.

I think it's funny that you some how feel it's your job to tell everyone their wrong and it's funny to you, that's what I think is funny.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
got mines today and i have to say excellent its like what RE4 should have been scary. Graphics are really good too better than i thougt the videos online dont do it justice
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="k3ck"]its the best surrival horror game I have played in a LONG time (I dont count Resident Evil 4 as surrival horror)......its got the same aim system as RE4 and same fast enimies...you can also buy and upgrade you weapons like in RE4...... Overall, if you like sci-fi, surrvial horror, or action, buy this game...it is the sleeper hit of the year.TheDanwich

I think it's funny that you some how feel it's your job to tell everyone theirwrong and it's funny to you, that's what I think is funny.

Another thing I think is funny is how most people can't figure out if they should use there, their or they're. In your first sentence you should've used they're. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously if you can't get basic english right.

Anyway genius I said it was funny that people started calling it sleeper hit after Cliffy B said it. Like everyone looks up to him and thinks what he thinks. I never said it was funny that I got to tell people THEY'RE wrong. Don't try to twist my words and don't single me out if I'm not talking to you. It really pisses me off when I post a reply to someone and someone I'm not even talking to takes offense to it and tries a little sneak attack to try and make me look stupid. What I posted is valid. RE4 is a survival horror game and Dead Space isn't a sleeper hit. I don't give two ***** what Cliffy B says. You posted what you did to start an argument with me. Well congratulations.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I knew this game would be amazing for quite some time. I'm glad it's getting more recognition. I can't wait to play my copy tomorrow.

:)

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

I knew this game would be amazing for quite some time. I'm glad it's getting more recognition. I can't wait to play my copy tomorrow.

:)

sammyjenkis898

Same.:D
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
i would love to get this game but ya cant blame me for wanting fallout 3 and far cry 2 and end war and cod5 and quantum of solace too and i frankly dont got the money for them all
jb_22vols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jb_22vols
Member since 2005 • 949 Posts
I got it today and it is a fantastic game.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Its a great game. I just finished chapter 3. :)

my only problem is that I downloaded the Elite suit. You start with ten inventory slots. You can upgrade your suit to the Elite at the first shop. Problem is that it will unlock all 25 inventory slots which will allow you to carry all the ammo you can find making the game easy in the beginning.

My suggestion is that you DONT upgrade to the Elite suit right away. Download it but dont use it until your second playthrough. I restarted my game because of that. :( I want to enjoy the game at its standard difficulty without the elite suit to make things easier.

Its a great game and I encourage everyone who like horror and shooters to try it.

I think it will be a sleeper hit.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sammyjenkis898

my only problem is that I downloaded the Elite suit. You start with ten inventory slots. You can upgrade your suit to the Elite at the first shop. Problem is that it will unlock all 25 inventory slots which will allow you to carry all the ammo you can find making the game easy in the beginning.

My suggestion is that you DONT upgrade to the Elite suit right away. Download it but dont use it until your second playthrough. I restarted my game because of that. :( I want to enjoy the game at its standard difficulty without the elite suit to make things easier.

Its a great game and I encourage everyone who like horror and shooters to try it.

DJSAV_101

I wasn't planning on using the Elite suite right away. I'll probably use it on the harder difficultys.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XxSTILL_BORNxX

DJSAV_101

Thanks for the info:D , the downloadble suit is free or it costs...?
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

XxSTILL_BORNxX

They're free. You just have to have the game within the first two weeks.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DJSAV_101
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

sammyjenkis898

Only the elite is free.

the scorpion (the free one for the PS3) costs 200pts.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sammyjenkis898

Only the elite is free.

DJSAV_101

What's the difference between the two?

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

sammyjenkis898

Aha . ok thanks:) , will download it and enjoy it on my second playthrough:) ....arghh im really phsyced! it looks simply beautiful all we need now is something like this.... *changes to a really deep tone voice* In space....nobody could hear you scream * fades to black and then.....Dead Space.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DJSAV_101
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Only the elite is free.

sammyjenkis898

What's the difference between the two?

Ones red and one is white.

They both do the same thing.

edit: its not black its red. :roll:

the ps3 is called obsadian. scorpion is different.

my bad.