Just finishing up with my 120 hour campaign on Fallout 3...What is your...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#1 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Just finishing up with Fallout 3 (120 hours) as i wanted to re-play it again before the New Vegas comes out.

I am just about to finish it, and i got to tell you that i was really impressed with some of the DLCs for it.

I know they did not get a great review scores or anything, so i wanted to get an opinion on what are your favorete Add-ONS are...

Mine are:

1. The Pitt - i really enjoyed that one, the level itself was absolutely amazing, the destroyed bridge at the beggining, the arena, the entire atmosphere was very depressing and evil...i would give that 10/10 (plus the Auto Axe and the Infiltrator are amazing weapons)

2. Point Lookout - very good add-on i think. Very interesting missions, especially the Chinese Spy mission. The new enemies reminded me a little of the guys from The Hills Have Eyes (whoever has seen it). Overall it was my second favorite.

3. Anchorage - the idea behind it was pretty good (computer simulation) ...

4. Broken Steel - nothing special

5. Mothership Zeta - i have to admit this was really dissapointing. The aliens were annoying as hell, the level was so long and everytime i was willing to finish it i just got more stuff to do. Very annoying level and a real dissapointment. Plus, come on, aliens in Fallout 3...

Thoughts?

EvilSelf...

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Probably BS 'cause it carried on the game and the Wasteland is my favourite place. The Pitt as an unique location was pretty cool. I kinda rushed through Pt. Lookout.
Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

Point Lookout for sure. Challenging enemies (at lvl. 17, anyhow) and an awesome new locale. What else could one ask for?

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

mothership zeta was disapointing..and Point Lookout was really hard (I was lvl 30 at the time)

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

the pitt is my favourite add on

Debus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Debus42
Member since 2010 • 120 Posts

Definitely enjoyed Point Lookout the best, with The Pitt coming a close runner up. PL just appeared to me zombie loving nature, and the characters were so whacky it was great. The other 3 were a bit too much like fillers for me. Mothership Zeta was odd, Operation Anchorage was kind of pointless to me, and Broken Steel was just alright. The best characters and missions were definitely and PL and TP.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Point Lookout,no question about it.Hands down the best DLC I've ever purchased.
Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Mrbojangles34
Member since 2006 • 8918 Posts
I actually can't believe no one liked Broken Steel. I thought it was great. It tied up loose ends and made the story feel more complete to me. Plus raising level caps in any RPG is NEVER a bad thing. Though I haven't picked this game up recently (I lost interest a little after playing 100 hrs) whilst still having to finish Point Lookout. Maybe I'll dive into that next. I didn't play the Pitt or anchorage though. But Mothership Zeta was cool... for a bit. But it got very old fast. I mean it basically was just a 4 hour fighting level on a game with not the best shooting mechanics, and short little aliens to kill. The new Alien weapons ruled though. I had a lot of fun with those. But I got very tired of its environment as well. Also Samurai Armor and Katana rules.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I haven't played any of the add-ons. I wish I had the GOTY :(
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I liked The Pitt and hated the mothership.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Mothership Zeta had to come ideas, but it didn't work being the last one.

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

Point look out for me loved the whole creepy deliverance thing goin on.

Magstroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Magstroyer
Member since 2010 • 785 Posts
Point Lookout hands down
Vanadane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Vanadane
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

I've only played The Pitt, but that was epic! So much epic gear, great yet dark atmosphere, good story. I have GotY, so I will be playing the others too.

Gonnzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Gonnzzo
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts

hmm, considering this feedback, i should have got Point Lookout a LOONG time ago. Meh, too late now - i dont play that game anymore :(

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Point Lookout. Then Broken Steel because of the increase in level count.

xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

I put on about 80 hours so far into Fallout 3 on the 360. I beat Broken Steel and haven't gotten to level 30 yet. It was the only DLC I purchased and I loved every minute of it, especially the tesla cannon.

My 360 is broken and being repaired, but when I get it back and get the new slim, I plan on getting more DLC. I'm at a loss though, I don't want to buy them individually anymore and I don't want to re-purchase the game either for the GOTY edition. So I will have to figure something out going for the cheapest option.

Someone recently let me borrow Fallout 3 for the PS3, so I started over obviously on the PS3 and have about 30 hours in, but no where near where I am on the 360 version. Although on the second playthrough you learn and do things differently and I have alot better weapons, armor, etc at this stage in the game (Level 15) than I did on my first play through.

One things for sure, PS3 version is more glitchy, even though the game itself is glitchy regardless. GNR always skips when I'm playing every so often, but overall it's not that much different.

D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
I've played through the game 6 times, and I'm on my 7th run-through right now. I've given ALOT of time into the game, doing all the side quests and add-ons. It wasn't until my 2nd play through I got my first add on, which was Operation Anchorage. Then and the others and soon all of them. And after the play throughs I would have to say that The Pitt is my favourite because of the story. I really liked it.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Broken Steel and it's not even close.
Xelyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xelyk
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

Point Lookout was the best campaign wise while OA gave you the best post quest gear and equipment...lets be honest, you all know you want a Chinese Stealth Suit

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

Point Lookout. Then Broken Steel because of the increase in level count.

gta4_2112

This

gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
Point Lookout, because who doesn't like shooting hillbilly mud people?
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Point Lookout. I don't know how you could say differently (unless you say BS because of the continuation and free roam after the end). It was such a unique and interesting area, and scary as $hit.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Broken Steel for the new areas. I really liked assembling the Tesla Cannon and the Airbase. The subway areas...not so much. Point Lookout is the obvious second choice. A very different atmosphere, and everything else about it was great.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Nice man, and yeah i enjoyed 'Point Lookout' the most, the atmosphere was amazing, and it was a blast as a whole. I'm also with you on Mothership Zeta, it started off with a bang, and i thought to myself, this is an awesome expansion. But after playing it for a while i just found myself rushing through the missions to get past it all. Anyways Fallout 3 was an amazing game, i'm so pumped for New Vegas :D

holypro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 holypro
Member since 2009 • 275 Posts

i could play fallout 3 for 120 hours or i can play oblivian 240 hours becuse oblivian is a much much better game !!!!

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

Just finishing up with Fallout 3 (120 hours) as i wanted to re-play it again before the New Vegas comes out.

I am just about to finish it, and i got to tell you that i was really impressed with some of the DLCs for it.

I know they did not get a great review scores or anything, so i wanted to get an opinion on what are your favorete Add-ONS are...

Mine are:

1. The Pitt - i really enjoyed that one, the level itself was absolutely amazing, the destroyed bridge at the beggining, the arena, the entire atmosphere was very depressing and evil...i would give that 10/10 (plus the Auto Axe and the Infiltrator are amazing weapons)

2. Point Lookout - very good add-on i think. Very interesting missions, especially the Chinese Spy mission. The new enemies reminded me a little of the guys from The Hills Have Eyes (whoever has seen it). Overall it was my second favorite.

3. Anchorage - the idea behind it was pretty good (computer simulation) ...

4. Broken Steel - nothing special

5. Mothership Zeta - i have to admit this was really dissapointing. The aliens were annoying as hell, the level was so long and everytime i was willing to finish it i just got more stuff to do. Very annoying level and a real dissapointment. Plus, come on, aliens in Fallout 3...

Thoughts?

EvilSelf...

i just love operation anchorage......i also like broken steel since it makes you be able to play after completing the game
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Broken steel is my favourite, but point lookout is a close 2nd.

lVlonster_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lVlonster_X
Member since 2010 • 200 Posts
Whats with point lookout? In my opinion it wasnt that great. I thought broken steel was the best because u got to level up more and you got cool stuff. Point lookout had dumb missions and you got no good guns during the missions.
xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
I actually can't believe no one liked Broken Steel. I thought it was great. It tied up loose ends and made the story feel more complete to me. Plus raising level caps in any RPG is NEVER a bad thing. Though I haven't picked this game up recently (I lost interest a little after playing 100 hrs) whilst still having to finish Point Lookout. Maybe I'll dive into that next. I didn't play the Pitt or anchorage though. But Mothership Zeta was cool... for a bit. But it got very old fast. I mean it basically was just a 4 hour fighting level on a game with not the best shooting mechanics, and short little aliens to kill. The new Alien weapons ruled though. I had a lot of fun with those. But I got very tired of its environment as well. Also Samurai Armor and Katana rules.Mrbojangles34
Exactly, out of all the DLC's that I have( all of 'em )for the game Broken Steel was pretty much a must have for me because it raised the level cap and gave us answers on some pndering questions. Point Lookout was definitely my favorite DLC for missions though...plus it gave me a new and interesting location to fully explore. Plus the inbreads were all kind of creepy and made me laugh.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#31 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Whats with point lookout? In my opinion it wasnt that great. I thought broken steel was the best because u got to level up more and you got cool stuff. Point lookout had dumb missions and you got no good guns during the missions. lVlonster_X

If i were to download each DLC by itself, of course, Broken Steel would have been in the top two because of extended limit on levelling up. However, playing GOTY edition, it does not really matter, because you have this ability straight from the beginning. This way, you are losing the biggest advantage that Broken Steel offers. I think this is the reason why most poeple did not pick BS, but something else....

EvilSelf...

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Broken Steel solely for the level cap increase. Honestly, I didn't really like any of the add-ons that much.