isnt halo 3 the last halo game? possible spoiler

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamcool2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 iamcool2121
Member since 2005 • 611 Posts
i bought halo 3 on sept 25 and beat it that saturday on heroic i saw the ending and the additional clip after the credits im going back on ledgendary to get the achievement and to see the addional clip after the heroic ending but with that whole slogan finish the fight and halo only stated to be a triliogy isnt the story complete? bungie and microsoft already confirmed that halo 3 would be the last shooter halo and there moving into the rts department with halo wars.
lethal18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lethal18
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
I doubt it, but since they have stated that its the last one Im kinda on the fence about it, if it is the ending then thats kinda a weak finish dont you think? BTW RTS games suck [just my opinion]
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
yeah they've said this is the last one, but that extra trailer after the credits certainly leaves it open for another game after this one. it didnt make me think this is the last one
Kennyofhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Kennyofhearts
Member since 2007 • 2297 Posts
I think this belongs in the Halo 3 sticky thread.
yoyo700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yoyo700
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Their are rumors that are going around that they might start up Marathon again, but I can't say why because then I would be spoiling plot.
dudnaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dudnaito
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

1) rts games don't suck

2) I'm pretty sure it's the last in the series although its definitely possible we may see more halo's just by virtue of it being so damn profitable. I actually liked the ending. Halo was never really about a deep storyline with an intricate plot, it was more about the primal feeling one gets partaking in a very SIMPLE war with no ideological gray areas... it's a simple fight for survival. Master Chief, pretty much being the war machine that he is, has no other reason for existence other than to serve and protect. The end, then, is the same as the beginning. Master Chief awakes from his slumber when duty beckons. Simple and direct, but still effective storytelling. It's pretty similar to why we all love Braveheart.

Mstrdegta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mstrdegta
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

if you've seen the Halo 3 - The Story video on xbox live marketplace, i believe it is frank o' connor from bungie that says that this is indeed the last game in te Halo series. but he also said that he wasn't going to confirm or deny for that matter that they may work on another halo title in the future. but that if they did touch on the halo universe again that it would be a new game that the halo series that we know now has been concluded.

and this is just my opinion, but i thought the ending of halo 3 was a perfect fit for what he had to say

n-c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 n-c
Member since 2005 • 315 Posts
it seems that the extra cinematic after you beat the game on legendary connects with marathon somehow.
frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

Their are rumors that are going around that they might start up Marathon again, but I can't say why because then I would be spoiling plot.yoyo700

the story in the terminals for one and then the planet seen in the end both lead me to beleive we could be seeing a master chief marathon spin off game. but i am hoping to see something new from bungie. i love marathon just how it was.

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

I think this belongs in the Halo 3 sticky thread.Kennyofhearts

Give it up buddy. Mods aren't even locking these threads anymore, so you might as well just stop trying to tell people what to do, just a suggestion.

The ending was weak. What a way to "Finish The Fight". Not. It definitely leaves it open for another though.