Is this for real??????

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Not for real - trust me.

I used to fill out those survey things quite a bit enticed by "Free HDTV", "Free PS3", "Free IPOD", etc...

you will never get what they are saying whether you pay for anything or not - and you will have to pay for at least one of their offers at a minnimum to be "eligible".

It's a scam of spam - don't fall for it by giving them your email - you'll regret it.

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
If it seems to good to be true it more often than not is I'm affraid ....
Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts

I read an article once about that same thing. I believe it was in EGM or something. Basically,some of these "free offers" are legit. However, you have to be carefull to know when to cancel your subscriptions or you can end up paying for more than the thing is worth.

But, if you're carefull and cancel the subscriptions you can get a free Xbox. It's hard and very time consuming, but you can get it for free in the end.

chainsaw_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chainsaw_happy
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
these are scams...you have to order like 10 subscriptions to magazines then you'll be eligable for a draw.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#9 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
This whole thing is giving off a scam vibe I don't think you should do it because eBay is a good system just there are so many people trying to scam each other out of money that its hard to know whats real and what isnt. What you are describing does not sound good.
Avatar image for delete-mikey050591
delete-mikey050591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 delete-mikey050591
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

its legit.

That's kind of what I'm wondering...I really hope it's real, but I don't see what they have to gain from it if it's not real.

willis_325
Avatar image for delete-mikey050591
delete-mikey050591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 delete-mikey050591
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

I ran another Google search today, this time searching for information about the company, Transcendant Innovations. I came up with a lot less people tyring to get me to do a referral, and I found a couple articles about so-called "Freebie" sites like this one. Apparently, they are usually legit and actually send you your free gift; the way they make money if from the advertisers paying them to entice people into trying their "Free Trial". I cancelled my free trial of Stamps.com and they said that they won't charge me a dime. They even sent me a statement saying that my total charges amount to $0.00. From what I've read, the way they make money is from people who don't cancel the trials, and they get stuck paying for them after the trial expires. But from what I've heard, they seem to be legitimate. At least, I hope so....:|willis_325

YOU ARE USING TRAINN.ORG? It legit for sure, they have mnay sites like that. I have sims 2 in the mail from a site like that. Just be careful with your info, but it works.

karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
Some are legit. They make a killing on the advertising. That's why they want you to get all the other people as well because by the time you get all those people they have already made the money to cover the console. It's a pretty basic marketing concept but you have to watch out for the bad apples because some can be scams you just have to be careful
Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
Some are legit, I know some one who got a 360 off one. Some are fake. Like karmageddon2k said, they make awesome off advertising. However, finding 10 people to drop money on something is hard. If theres any with a "do this free trail" do it. Then no money spent, company gets the advertising, and you get your reward.
littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts
Actually awhile back I think IGN (I think it was IGN) did a test on the surveys and they tried the first one that came on Google. They went threw all the steps and in about 4-6 weeks they recieved a 360.
mGsMadness951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mGsMadness951
Member since 2006 • 588 Posts

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.BounceDK

exactly.

Shorty365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shorty365
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts

I ran another Google search today, this time searching for information about the company, Transcendant Innovations. I came up with a lot less people tyring to get me to do a referral, and I found a couple articles about so-called "Freebie" sites like this one. Apparently, they are usually legit and actually send you your free gift; the way they make money if from the advertisers paying them to entice people into trying their "Free Trial". I cancelled my free trial of Stamps.com and they said that they won't charge me a dime. They even sent me a statement saying that my total charges amount to $0.00. From what I've read, the way they make money is from people who don't cancel the trials, and they get stuck paying for them after the trial expires. But from what I've heard, they seem to be legitimate. At least, I hope so....:|willis_325

I signed up for this offer and i am trying to cancel my account to stamps.com but cannot contact them, How did you cancel your account?

Shorty365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shorty365

[QUOTE="willis_325"]I ran another Google search today, this time searching for information about the company, Transcendant Innovations. I came up with a lot less people tyring to get me to do a referral, and I found a couple articles about so-called "Freebie" sites like this one. Apparently, they are usually legit and actually send you your free gift; the way they make money if from the advertisers paying them to entice people into trying their "Free Trial". I cancelled my free trial of Stamps.com and they said that they won't charge me a dime. They even sent me a statement saying that my total charges amount to $0.00. From what I've read, the way they make money is from people who don't cancel the trials, and they get stuck paying for them after the trial expires. But from what I've heard, they seem to be legitimate. At least, I hope so....:|Shorty365

I signed up for this offer and i am trying to cancel my account to stamps.com but cannot contact them, How did you cancel your account?

o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
I know people who have gotten free stuff by doind these kind of things. They are selling your e-mail adress for about $200 and they sell it to about 10 people
Shorty365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shorty365
Willis, how did you cancel your stamps.com account?
Futien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Futien
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts

As for the selling your e-mail thing, is that true? What use would they have for my e-mail address if they can't access it? I never gave them my e-mail password, and I used a different password altogether for my account there. Tran-Inn seems to be a legit company from what I've heard. At least, I hope so. I "know a guy who knows a guy" who claims that he recieved a free XBox 360 from a site similar to this one, but I don't know if his story is true or not.

willis_325

he meant they sell your email address to a company that will spam it, a valid email address can be sold for like 10$, and an email address confirmed to shop at a certain place is worth 20+$, example: home depot gets your email address, they can sell it to lowes for 20+$ because it is valid and they shop at hardware stores

if you shop at homedepot, on the bottom of the receipt it usually says something like "win $5000 dollars by emailing us what you think about us," they actually make the money off of this because they get millions of valis email addresses and sell them all.

technically companies are not supposed to do this, but i guarantee you they do, next time you sign up, put your first name as something besides your real name, and watch the emails addresses to the fake name roll in...

Avatar image for My-Name-Is-Matt
My-Name-Is-Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 My-Name-Is-Matt
Member since 2002 • 1904 Posts
These sites are legitimate. I did one for a free 20g Ipod about a year ago, got the required referrals, and recieved my brand new Ipod in the mail a few weeks later. It was basically me against the world because everyone thought it was a fraud, I proved everybody wrong.
comthitnuong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 comthitnuong
Member since 2005 • 10093 Posts
I know a guy here on GS who done a ton of those and got a PS3, 360, DS, and some other stuff from those sites. They are legitamate.
Oozyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Oozyyy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Some sites can be legit, and some sites are not legit. So dont click every single link you see.

lbhocky19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lbhocky19
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

some definetly are legit

i got my 360 when it first got released from freepay.com

you just have to know what you sign up for and when to cancel

and with that site you only sign up for one thing then get other people to sign up so its a pyramid. they get money for advertising basicaly for every person they get to do a trial or offer. they never get your credit card number

as long as you follow the rules you wil get what they offer. they run a business its that simple

brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can put the referral link in your sig. I did for Gamefly and no one has stop me, its been awhile now too. There is another site called TreasureTrooper.com were you fill out those surveys are trials for money, its legit.
rOckfAn714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rOckfAn714
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

they say trainn.org is for real and i want to use it but i dont have a credit card

blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts

Not for real - trust me.

I used to fill out those survey things quite a bit enticed by "Free HDTV", "Free PS3", "Free IPOD", etc...

you will never get what they are saying whether you pay for anything or not - and you will have to pay for at least one of their offers at a minnimum to be "eligible".

It's a scam of spam - don't fall for it by giving them your email - you'll regret it.

DataDream

actually some of them are legit but theyre like 1 out of 100 like when ipod nano came out they had a legit one and for the premium 360 but idk since elite has come out if theyre doing one yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 4321000
Member since 2004 • 1087 Posts
adbux.org is one like that kinda, but you get paypal money, and you gotta click on ads to get the money, 1 cent per ad and more from referals
xraystar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xraystar
Member since 2003 • 1150 Posts
this reminds me of the testpanel.com ads hanging around here on GS. i've clicked on those ads before and read the the fine print and it even mentions your email add and everything will be sold to companies/parties.
gamerfreak13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 gamerfreak13
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
I've heard some of these work, but I would never try them.
blackdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackdragn
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
Wow, where have all you people been?? This is a well know fad and extremely popular I might add. THESE THINGS ARE NOT SCAMS! I did one 2 years ago for an Xbox and guess what, I got a brand new Xbox in the mail from Best Buy 1 month later. It's quite simple. The site offers free trials from several different sources. And for each completed offer the site gets a set amount of money for each. If you complete the requirements, the site uses the money it made off you to buy your free gift while making a profit in the process. These sites are called Independant Advertisers. You just have to make sure you cancel every offer you complete before the trial ends
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scriptwrite
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts
...anything involving giving personal details like credit cards for something that is suppose to be free..... I wouldn't take the chance.
Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#46 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts

Free Elite 360 console if you can do these steps? I'm sold!!! Ok where do I put my pin number?..

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
In EGM they said that only some of these sites are legit, the rest are scams...
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Nothing is free in America....

GEEZ.....common sense people...