is there anyone here that doesn't like bioshock?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I appreciate what the game is, and I understand why ppl love it, its just not for me. Anyone else feel the same way?
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It has an average review of 9.7 (out of 60 reviews)

So, everyone loves it.

wwe_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 wwe_ownage
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
i dont really like it, i was watching all the videos and i looked at the players guide and it looks like an underwater fear. i dont have my 360 now cuz its out at the repair center so i haven't had a chance to download the demo but it doesn't look very original
patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 patrick5152003
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts
i enjoy playing it, but it's not as good as people made it out to be.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
i dont really like it, i was watching all the videos and i looked at the players guide and it looks like an underwater fear. i dont have my 360 now cuz its out at the repair center so i haven't had a chance to download the demo but it doesn't look very originalwwe_ownage
Wow :|.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

it doesn't look very originalwwe_ownage

Yeah it's a rip off of all the other games where you shoot genetically mutated guys in an underwater utopia gone wrong :roll:

YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
[QUOTE="wwe_ownage"]i dont really like it, i was watching all the videos and i looked at the players guide and it looks like an underwater fear. i dont have my 360 now cuz its out at the repair center so i haven't had a chance to download the demo but it doesn't look very originalAljosa23
Wow :|.

I was about to say the same thing. I can't even think of another game that is set in an underwater utopia gone wrong with genetically mutated enemies roaming around slaughtering everything in their sight as well as chemicals that can mutate your genetic codes giving you superhuman skills, powers, and weapons...
joebra737hzqp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joebra737hzqp
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
My Console is in repair and haven't played the demo but you know the biggest release of the year is coming pretty soon (halo 3) i would save ur money for that. If it wasn't coming out soon i would probaly get the game
hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
i dont really like it, i was watching all the videos and i looked at the players guide and it looks like an underwater fear. i dont have my 360 now cuz its out at the repair center so i haven't had a chance to download the demo but it doesn't look very originalwwe_ownage
I bought Fear and hated it. I bought Bioshock and couldnt stop. The story line is one of the best in a long time and tons of different ways to take out splicers and big daddies with plasmids, traps, or fire power.
patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 patrick5152003
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts

the setting is the only real orininal part about the game. the gameplay is similar to alot of games; such as, F.E.A.R. ( Collecting tape players to progress the story, the health system), psy- ops (telekinesis) etc.. but the gameplay isn't as good as any of the games it borrows from.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I got fear and hated it. If you ask me BioShock is nothing like fear.
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts
I too thought FEAR was pretty....meh. Bioshock is a much better game all around.
Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
its not that but its just not my type of shooter, i like fast pased action, it just seems too slow for me, but it still is an awsome game, but not my type
Deathscythe456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deathscythe456
Member since 2003 • 504 Posts

Well, it really does just boil down to your taste.

Personally, I absolutely loved Bioshock. The last time a game made me feel this good after playing it was probably Starcraft: Brood War (And that is saying a lot).

The thing about Bioshock is that its just not your average FPS, it has a creepy atmosphere, PERFECT music to accompany it and best of all an amazing story line. The narrative structure is just nothing short of amazing, its almost like experiencing really good music for the first time, it just flows so perfectly.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
sometimes it scares the hell out of me...like the second level you enter this one room ..all the lights turn off and you get enemies coming at ya from all directions
josh_oh_josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 josh_oh_josh
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

are you kidding me? this is the most original game i have ever played...there is just so much to it and everything is like nothing you will ever play. you gain powers that come out of your hands...you can upgrade weapons, fight "big daddys", rescue little sisters or kill them, and fight as many splicers as your heart desires

supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
sometimes it scares the hell out of me...like the second level you enter this one room ..all the lights turn off and you get enemies coming at ya from all directionsNSR34GTR

Wow that wasent scary for me.... Anyway I think this is a great game. I just didnt get into it as much as some games. I only played for like a hour or two at a time. The game is fun but seems repetive...kill splicers, kill bigdaddys... get adam. same same. Still great looking game, better than anything else out right now.
Avatar image for EpidemicAHazard
EpidemicAHazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EpidemicAHazard
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
i like it i understand most people think all fps's are the same but i believe it all boils down to the speed and pace, some people just dont like it cause of that, and if u think the game is unoriginal then ur just spiting out excuses, the game is very different
stephbm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stephbm6
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
The game is ok. It's not like "this game FUC*ING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!"
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
This game is on the same level as Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex. It's truly one of the best games ever.
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

You either love it or hate it plain and simple. I hate it...

Kid above me obs likes it...its in his name

tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts

This game is on the same level as Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex. It's truly one of the best games ever.BioShockOwnz

I agree, one of my all time favs right up there with Half Life, Half Life 2.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
FEAR would have been better...minus 70+ deserted offices and industrial sites : (
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
its really good, but i wouldnt say great, i'll play through it two maybe three times, but after that...HALO 3!!
alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
I don't think bioshock is fun...
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
That's because it's not, I hate killing aliens and weird monsters, it gets old, I want to kill humans, with Halo as an exception.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I appreciate what the game is, and I understand why ppl love it, its just not for me. Anyone else feel the same way?
ninjaxams

I have it and it is okay, as it does not seem to me to be as great as everyone says that it is. I like it especially for the $39.99 price I got it for, because if it was the normal retail price of $59.99 then I would be alittle more disappointed with it.

catanzariti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 catanzariti
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="wwe_ownage"]it doesn't look very originalTrickshot771

Yeah it's a rip off of all the other games where you shoot genetically mutated guys in an underwater utopia gone wrong :roll:

lol

gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

This game is on the same level as Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex. It's truly one of the best games ever.BioShockOwnz

its definitly in my top ten and it is a true masterpiece on almost every level

New_Syntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 New_Syntax
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts

There was a game on the PS1 where you were a science experiment, who needed to take certain injections to give you certain psychic powers and you had to fight others like yourself while navigating a world similar to the Resident evil games. It was called Galerians, and this game reminds me of a watered down, first person, idiots version of that game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galerians

There were sequals to that game, and many games similar to it that I have played and enjoyed far more than this trash. Bioshock is only a good game considering the complete lack of games the 360 has to offer at the time. Gears of war being the only real game worth owning the system for. After the mistwalker games, and the new bioware game, mass effect, bioshock will most likely, and rightly be forgotten.

l0uciferr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 l0uciferr
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts

There was a game on the PS1 where you were a science experiment, who needed to take certain injections to give you certain psychic powers and you had to fight others like yourself while navigating a world similar to the Resident evil games. It was called Galerians, and this game reminds me of a watered down, first person, idiots version of that game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galerians

There were sequals to that game, and many games similar to it that I have played and enjoyed far more than this trash. Bioshock is only a good game considering the complete lack of games the 360 has to offer at the time. Gears of war being the only real game worth owning the system for. After the mistwalker games, and the new bioware game, mass effect, bioshock will most likely, and rightly be forgotten.

New_Syntax

How can you trash a game you have never even played?

Duminakan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Duminakan89
Member since 2005 • 857 Posts
I don't see why people have to hate on success, I don't really plan on buying Bioshock as I simply will not be able to buy every game that comes out this fall, but I'll be sure to check it out one of these days; its okay if you don't like the game but don't de-merit it, its a good game.
BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts
Those who haven't played it should shut up.
KoNtRa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KoNtRa_
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
i think gamespot's review was spot on, the game is great but then again people have been overhyping the gameimo, i like the game tho whatever
New_Syntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 New_Syntax
I played the Demo, and then played at a friends house. Didnt take long for me to tire of it. Not even worth renting. No feet, too close to the ground, the colors all blur together. Its a headache of a game really. People who only play games casually and half heartedly will probably love it, but it really is pretty un original and average as far as concepts and FPSs go.
army-of_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 army-of_one
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

ninjaxams

MEMEMEMEMEMEME!

JakeArmstrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JakeArmstrong
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
I played the Demo, and then played at a friends house. Didnt take long for me to tire of it. Not even worth renting. No feet, too close to the ground, the colors all blur together. Its a headache of a game really. People who only play games casually and half heartedly will probably love it, but it really is pretty un original and average as far as concepts and FPSs go.New_Syntax

I can't even comprehend how flawed your statments are. It is BY FAR among the MOST origional FPSs there ever have been. The story is amazing, unlike most FPSs, and the setting and gameplay are completely unique. Even if the game isn't youy kind of game and you don't like it, which is understandable,you have to be BLIND to call it unorigional. You think Gears of War is the greatest game for 360, yet you complain Bioshock is only for people who play games casually? And as far as story, GeoW isn't very origional "either".

carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

New_Syntax

The fact that you said Gears is the only 360 game worth owning completely throws your credibility out the window. I can think of at least 10 games I'd take over Gears (DiRT, Forza 2, R6V, Oblivion, COD 2, Burnout, Bioshock, The Darkness, Guitar Hero 2, and either one of the GRAWs). Of course, not everyone might agree with these picks, but still Gears is far from the only game worth owning (It is worth a rent, but not much more).

As for Bioshock, I loved it. Not one of my favorite games of all time, but easily takes my top 360 game (replacing the tie of Oblivion and R6V), anddefinitely the best story on the 360 (replacing The Darkness).

pooolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pooolk
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

i

i know !lookks like prey and condenmed! a lot!! but must be fun! not my kind of game!and i dont see why its a big deak

zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts
I would say Bioshock is easily in my top 5 of all time. While the gameplay alone works very well, I think that some people are detaching from the story by not paying attention to little clues and skipping the voice logs. Even if there was no challenge whatsoever and all you did was kill the same type of enemy with one gun the whole game, I would still probably finish it just because of the story, although I doubt I would like it near as much.
l0uciferr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 l0uciferr
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts

[QUOTE="New_Syntax"]I played the Demo, and then played at a friends house. Didnt take long for me to tire of it. Not even worth renting. No feet, too close to the ground, the colors all blur together. Its a headache of a game really. People who only play games casually and half heartedly will probably love it, but it really is pretty un original and average as far as concepts and FPSs

Wow..... Well to each his own i guess.

New_Syntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 New_Syntax
[QUOTE="New_Syntax"]

carpon

The fact that you said Gears is the only 360 game worth owning completely throws your credibility out the window. I can think of at least 10 games I'd take over Gears (DiRT, Forza 2, R6V, Oblivion, COD 2, Burnout, Bioshock, The Darkness, Guitar Hero 2, and either one of the GRAWs). Of course, not everyone might agree with these picks, but still Gears is far from the only game worth owning (It is worth a rent, but not much more).

As for Bioshock, I loved it. Not one of my favorite games of all time, but easily takes my top 360 game (replacing the tie of Oblivion and R6V), anddefinitely the best story on the 360 (replacing The Darkness).

Actually, what i said was that Gear of war was the only game worth owning the 360 for. Those other games can for the most part be played on other platforms. Gears of war multi-player is the best Ive played, and ive played many games on many systems. I dont play car racing games anymore unless I need help sleeping. Then again, Ive always been biased against the wacky and humorous floating gun perspective, and point click games. I like having feet, and a sense of height when Im playing a shooter. Though the float time when jumping can be amusing, but only in that OMFG they Facsimilated themselves to the past(via timeline; the worst movie ever made), or OMG that baby just ate soap, kinda way.

Helment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Helment
Member since 2003 • 2498 Posts

This type of game such as Doom III, F.E.A.R. and Bioshock are all the same. They are just games that shoot scary and ugly monsters. I can't seems to find any fun or joy in playing them. They are unlike Halo whichhave mixture of both funny and challenging enemies to play around with.

Anyway, this type of game will be forgotten soon enough becausethey will never make it to the top game of all time.

carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
[QUOTE="carpon"][QUOTE="New_Syntax"]

New_Syntax

Actually, what i said was that Gear of war was the only game worth owning the 360 for. Those other games can for the most part be played on other platforms. Gears of war multi-player is the best Ive played, and ive played many games on many systems. I dont play car racing games anymore unless I need help sleeping. Then again, Ive always been biased against the wacky and humorous floating gun perspective, and point click games. I like having feet, and a sense of height when Im playing a shooter. Though the float time when jumping can be amusing, but only in that OMFG they Facsimilated themselves to the past(via timeline; the worst movie ever made), or OMG that baby just ate soap, kinda way.

Well to each his own, I disagree with just about everything you say. Except for the fact that Timeline is the worst movie ever made, it truly was a waste of two hours of my life. Doing anything else would have been better, and that includes any and all painful methods of suicide.

prodigy313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 prodigy313
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts
It is an excellent game. Just not for me... still pretty much a perfect game
AENEMA_TOOLOGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AENEMA_TOOLOGY
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts
I HATE BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I DO
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
[QUOTE="carpon"][QUOTE="New_Syntax"]

New_Syntax

You like multiplayer games with annoying little kids, pos gangster-wannabes, angry minorities, and stupid as crap people cheating every round? Playing Gears of War online is like constantly getting punched in the crotch, and if you haven't realized that yet, then you haven't played it enough.

Avatar image for Son_Of_Synyster
Son_Of_Synyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Son_Of_Synyster
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
LMAO @ The guy who said only "Casual" gamers will love BioShock. I'll be sure to let my 13 year old sister play (Who only plays The Sims and Nintendogs) and see how far, even on Easy, she'll get without dying or giving up on the story. In my honest opinion, Halo is FAR more "Casual". I can't count the number of non-gamers Halo brought in around here years back.
Z-Bombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Z-Bombz
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
BioShock is amazing. end of conversation
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

BioShock is amazing. end of conversationZ-Bombz

Ya, well thats your opinion...and i bet you think hilary clinton is a total smoke show don't you ;)