Is RAGE worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Finymin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Finymin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I am thinking about buying RAGE for the 360 as it is only £5.00. I was just wondering if it is actually worth playing as it costs less than Bullet Storm and that game was terrible..
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Its not a Bad game its just very generic, Gameplay (shooting/Driving) is solid, Story is ok, Graphics are good and so is the voice acting. Its not at all similar to Bullet Storm. So yes it is worth £5.00, in my opinion.
RevLuckyShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RevLuckyShot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'd say it was worth it for sure, just to mess around with the windsticks you get in it.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It's WAY better than bulletstorm. I never understood people's dislike with Rage. It's not generic, it does a bunch of things that I've never seen in other shooters. Plus it has RPG elements, driving sections, minigames, etc.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Does anyone know how to install Rage to my hardrive i don't know how to do it on my xbox 360.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Does anyone know how to install Rage to my hardrive i don't know how to do it on my xbox 360.

sukraj
1) put the disc in the tray and close it 2) highlight the rage game icon with your left thumbstick 3) once the icon is highlighted look at the bottom of the screen, you will see it says A Select X Game Details Y Eject 4) press the X button 5) look at the screen, you will see there are 4 choices. highlight the Install box with the left thumbstick and press A to Install 6) wait until it reaches 100% and it will tell you that disc is done installing do that for all 3 Rage discs. :)
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
I am thinking about buying RAGE for the 360 as it is only £5.00. I was just wondering if it is actually worth playing as it costs less than Bullet Storm and that game was terrible..Finymin
yes it's flat out badass! short game - about 15-20 hours and has an abrupt and terrible ending but ohhhh the 15-20 hours you do get to play it is AWESOME!
JoeDawg2100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 JoeDawg2100
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

It's a great game! It's kinda like Fallout 3 and Borderlands had a baby and made Rage. Only complaint I have is they should've had more customizations and upgrade options for weapons and armor.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

It's WAY better than bulletstorm. I never understood people's dislike with Rage. It's not generic, it does a bunch of things that I've never seen in other shooters. Plus it has RPG elements, driving sections, minigames, etc.

firefox59
post apocalyptic shooter, thats not generic? anyways the game is pretty fun i wouldnt pay more than 10 dollars for it. the biggest slap in the face is the story that had so much potential and build up literally falls HARD on its face with the ending. also on consoles it has horrible texture pop in, like seriously everytime you turn around it takes a few seconds for the textures in the world to load.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"]

Djmaster214
post apocalyptic shooter, thats not generic? anyways the game is pretty fun i wouldnt pay more than 10 dollars for it. the biggest slap in the face is the story that had so much potential and build up literally falls HARD on its face with the ending. also on consoles it has horrible texture pop in, like seriously everytime you turn around it takes a few seconds for the textures in the world to load.

You probably should have installed the game then cause I didn't notice any of that. The game was supposed to be the first in a trilogy and it was already 20 hours long, idk why so many people expected an FPS to be 40-50 hours long. I also hate when people use the post apocalyptic thing as a reason to hate. What are all of these post-apocalyptic shooters that Rage is similar too? People love Fallout and The Last of Us those are the same thing.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#11 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I very much enjoyed it. It maybe could have benefited from competitive multiplayer though, unfortunately.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

buccomatic

1) put the disc in the tray and close it 2) highlight the rage game icon with your left thumbstick 3) once the icon is highlighted look at the bottom of the screen, you will see it says A Select X Game Details Y Eject 4) press the X button 5) look at the screen, you will see there are 4 choices. highlight the Install box with the left thumbstick and press A to Install 6) wait until it reaches 100% and it will tell you that disc is done installing do that for all 3 Rage discs. :)

thanks lol

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

For that price go ahead. It ain't worth more than that though...

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

It is worth the 5 dollars, but it is not all that spectacular.

Graphics, sound, gameplay and AI are good, but still an ok game for me...