is it just me or does anyone else hate gta4 racing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

god, im trying for the 20 single-player race achievement and it is making me hate gta4 more and more. i hate the racing in this game. it is dragging everything else back. i enjoy a racing game from time to time but this is just frustrating and annoying!

Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts
I did it the one time you had to do it in single player and decided that gta was not a racing a game. Just like crackdown isn't a racing game
lee7373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lee7373
Member since 2006 • 5828 Posts
I can't judge because I don't like any racing games, its not my style.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I like racing online....that's about it.
*Tomma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 *Tomma
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts

i find it incredibly hard which is what i dont like!

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Rearry? I think its kinda fun. Just keep on racing and learn the tracks, and if you crash and lose the lead, just quit because you probably won't catch up.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I did it the one time you had to do it in single player and decided that gta was not a racing a game. Just like crackdown isn't a racing gameCoffee_Blade

but really driving in crackdown or saints row is so much easier than in GTA IV. GTA IV is a good game for shooting on foot. but the driving seems to just be to get you to and from more shooting ......I wish they could just put in a patch to maybe tone down the over-steer. a car shouldn't spin out at 40mph........ maybe allow us to drift a little? and making us wait SO LONG for the game makes it kinda inexcusable.... but at least the variety of cars do drive somewhat differently.

gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
i havent had any problems in the turismo...ive been bumped a couple of times but it seems like the ai is rubber band because unless i really go off course i usually come back to win.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i actually find the racing real easy not frustrating at all, just slow down at some turns as u will keep goin, while the cpu is goin full speed n crash into things n each other, plus u should go find a fast car, suggest the car dearler ship next to perseus (spelling?) in the middle island at the top near 1 of ur safehouses
Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

[QUOTE="Coffee_Blade"]I did it the one time you had to do it in single player and decided that gta was not a racing a game. Just like crackdown isn't a racing gameTalldude80

but really driving in crackdown or saints row is so much easier than in GTA IV. GTA IV is a good game for shooting on foot. but the driving seems to just be to get you to and from more shooting ......I wish they could just put in a patch to maybe tone down the over-steer. a car shouldn't spin out at 40mph........ maybe allow us to drift a little? and making us wait SO LONG for the game makes it kinda inexcusable.... but at least the variety of cars do drive somewhat differently.

Yeah lol. Evrytime I try to drift my car ends up facing the opposite direction and I can't turn without braking. I think they just tried to make the game as realistic as possible but I think they over did it in this case.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Compared to the others I do like the racing.
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts

i actually find the racing real easy not frustrating at all, just slow down at some turns as u will keep goin, while the cpu is goin full speed n crash into things n each other, plus u should go find a fast car, suggest the car dearler ship next to perseus (spelling?) in the middle island at the top near 1 of ur safehouses

^^well said.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I don't like it. It'd be great if it was 5 or 6 people max, but it's not... I don't remember how many players can race at the same time, but it's too much for one road. What happens everytime is everyone crashes on the first turn, and the one lucky guy that gets spit out of the carnage gets ahead of everyone else and, unless he is an idiot driver, wins the race. I can win most of the time if the host makes it motorcycle only, because then I can squeeze through everyone.
Gun-Kata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Gun-Kata
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
yeah ditto, driving in this game is pretty intolerable.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
The single player races are easy if you use a Comet (or similarly fast vehicle i.e. Infernus) every time. Most of the time I would show up at the start line and the AI drivers would be using muscle cars or SUVs and I didn't have to struggle at all to win the races.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

I was going for the Top the Midnight Club achievement in multiplayer but couldn't stand it anymore, not because of the racing itself but because the griefing was out of control. After about the sixth or seventh time where I had a first-place finish taken from me because some jerkoff decided it was funny to turn his car around and ram other drivers head-on, I decided I couldn't take it anymore. Without that I actually came around to thinking it was pretty fun, just gotta be careful around the turns and careful to avoid crashes and traffic (as another poster said, sometimes you do have to be the guy that slips through the huge crash at the beginning). But at first it is pretty annoying. The single-player achievement came real easy for me since I did it after doing a lot of multiplayer races, which are a lot harder, but I can see how you'd hate it. Be sure to have a fast car like Turismo or if possible Comet or Infernus every time though, it can create an easy mismatch when the npc cars are something like SUVs, or some people have said it's easy with a motorcycle since you can just drive through small openings that the cars can't.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

mp racing suck and don't trust other players unless they have earned it and even then it a craps shoot or whatever its called

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#18 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I to have trouble with racing. The mandatory Brucie street racing mission kept me from finishing the game for like a week, Im njust not very food with the vehicle controls. I'm not even going to attempt to unlock the street racing achievement.
Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
I managed to do the racing mission first time, but knowing how bad I am normally at racing games I decided against persuing it lol.
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
i dislike it online, i dont like when people say, Just get gta4 if u what a racing game,. its not that good
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

I to have trouble with racing. The mandatory Brucie street racing mission kept me from finishing the game for like a week, Im njust not very food with the vehicle controls. I'm not even going to attempt to unlock the street racing achievement.vashkey

the same happened to me. i just did a lot of other missions until i only had brucies left. it was dreadful. now all im doing are going after acheivements, working on the racing one now. ill try getting a suped up car from the near the perseus. i usually use the really fast bike so i can get inbetween cars but one crash and youre done.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#22 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Only have done the Mission race (Which finished) - didnt care for it as kept falling off the overpass near the end couple times. And Brucie was just plain annoying to hear talking.
Avatar image for TheMonthlyDaily
TheMonthlyDaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 TheMonthlyDaily
Member since 2005 • 508 Posts

I couldn't agree more. I'm 45% done with the game, and I've decided that I should go back and take care of Brucie's races (especially since I get a phone call every 15 minutes where he whines 'cause he thought I was "genetically superior"). I'm a terrible driver (in video games, I'm a very good driver in real life... although I've never tried drifting), and I hate racing games (my 360 came with Forza 2 and it has yet to come out of the box).

On a related note, does anyone else have a difficult time driving and aiming your gun simultaneously?

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#24 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

On a related note, does anyone else have a difficult time driving and aiming your gun simultaneously?

TheMonthlyDaily

Try shooting and riding a motorcycle, now thats a pain.