Installing all supported codecs on the Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tomislav1410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tomislav1410
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hi!

I had sold my Xbox 360 some time ago and just got a new one now. I don't have it connected to the Internet at the moment so I used a USB-stick to install the final build of the NXE Dash on it.

My next step will be to setup the network between my Mac and the Xbox 360 because I want to use the console as a media center.

Now my question: If I remember correctly the Dash-updates themselfes never contain codecs and stuff like this (because they are always around 8 MB) so I guess to be able to playback all the fancy H.264 formats and so on I will need to download those codecs first. How does this work?

Do I just need to connect to Xbox Live and it will download them automatically or do I need to get them manually from the marketplace.

The most important thing for me is that in the end I have all the codecs available installed on my console so even if I'm offline (which happens pretty often) I can view any supported format.

This maybe is a stupid question but I had no chance to checkout Xbox Live for a long time now.

Thanks for clearing things up! - Cheers!