In Gears Of War 2, does anyone else think it's stupid that...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and doesn't belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

What I am about to say is no way prejudicial or racist:

I think it is stupid that they added a Native American spirtual guru to the squad. That is incredibly cliche and does not at all belong in Gears of War. That is a huge turn off for me.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.MM87

its to add to the difficulty. take the priests out first and you wont have to worry about them

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Yea, they just need to add RPG elements to it and you've got Mass Effect 2 with a chainsaw.

Why are they going all Sci-Fi.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mau-Justice

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.FUBAR24

its to add to the difficulty. take the priests out first and you wont have to worry about them

Yea but alien priests? That doesn't sound very Gears of War'ish. What's next spellcasters?

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.Mau-Justice

Yea but alien priests? That doesn't sound very Gears of War'ish. What's next spellcasters?

uh what about the Covenant. The covenant is a religious group made up of several spicies (Grunt, Elitie, Brute, Hunter, Jackel, and Prophet). Their entire idealogy is based upon the Forerunners whom they revere as gods

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GSU28
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.Mau-Justice

Nope, lightsaber chainsaws. You heard it here first.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GSU28
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.FUBAR24

uh what about the Covenant. The covenant is a religious group made up of several spicies (Grunt, Elitie, Brute, Hunter, Jackel, and Prophet). Their entire idealogy is based upon the Forerunners whom they revere as gods

You are aware that the Covenant is a faction in HALO, right? Not Gears of War. The bad guys in GEARS OF WAR are the locust.

xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

It does sound sorta weird, but trust me it will work in the actual game

And the Locusts are mutated people not aliens so it makes sence... it'll work its just to make the Locust more God like then human or even Alien

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.GSU28

You are aware that the Covenant is a faction in HALO, right? Not Gears of War. The bad guys in GEARS OF WAR are the locust.

Master Chief, Marcus Fenix...what's the difference?

Or maybe they are the same person...perhaps.

jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
it kinda makes sense since in co-op u can revive each other...
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GSU28
They do sound alike, don't they? Maybe we will find out when Master Chief takes off his helmet that he is truly Marcus Fenix. The fact that Master Chief's name is John is something we can put behind us.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

Did Gears of War 1 explain or go into detail about anything? Really? Did its story get past the hey lets kill them stage? With the fact that Gears of War's story was utter crap.... wait it can't be utter crap because to me it wasn't a fu**ing story. I think the story has to answer atleast one question. It didn't even answer why he was in Jail... oh wait it did you read the manual. Yes the manual had more story than the game did.

With the fact that the game didn't go into any detail about the Locust how can you say it doesn't fit into Gears of War? You only know about the human side and barely even that. I could understand if they game told you that the Locust was not a spiritual race or something like that. Then that would make sense, but they didn't. Too be honest the only thing you know about he Locust is that they want to kill you and guess what they don't tell you that.... you just kind of find out when they start shooting at you.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I dont think its dead locusts. I think its locust that have gone down but can bet back up. Maybe it just takes them a little longer to get back up unless the healer is there.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GSU28
The Locust are a hive mind, is the TC sure that the healers will be spiritual? Perhaps there is another explanation for it.
Avatar image for angryguywalking
angryguywalking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 angryguywalking
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts

it kinda makes sense since in co-op u can revive each other...jack_michael

True.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

That's all belief though. The forerunners aren't really all powerful gods and they most certainly can't bring people who got there heads blown off back to life (at least not that I've seen).

I hadn't heard about this with the healers or about the new "guru" squad member. This isn't what I want in Gears of War. The "guru" may work if they don't have him actually doing make and stuff, but locust who can bring dead people back to life is stupid.

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Yea, they just need to add RPG elements to it and you've got Mass Effect 2 with a chainsaw.

Mau-Justice

like it wasnt already sci-fi? lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

good point there old chum!

MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Yeah but if Epic explained what the reviving was, it's probably you giving them a med kit or something like that. Your not resurrecting them from the dead. And you could only revive people when they were knocked down, not when they were dead.
jasonlc3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 jasonlc3221
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Wait a minute, someone said that the Locust are just mutated humans. WTF?! Did I miss something? I thought none of us had any idea where they came from (which I was hoping we find out more in GoW2).

Is there something I missed that said the Locust are mutated humans?

ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
so the locust have religion... is that dumb? i thinkit adds a lot the dynamic of the game and makes the story more interesting. rather than simply mindless killing and attacking humans.... they actually have desires, needs, and deeper thoughts.
jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="jack_michael"]it kinda makes sense since in co-op u can revive each other...MM87
Yeah but if Epic explained what the reviving was, it's probably you giving them a med kit or something like that. Your not resurrecting them from the dead. And you could only revive people when they were knocked down, not when they were dead.

i suppose but first things first - its a game, so if this adds some tactical gameplay i'm all for it, especially in co-op where this game will shine. as for the reason how they revive their allies....im sure they can figure something out. ;)

Xxgood-timesXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xxgood-timesXx
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts
wait man, you're turned off cause GOW2 has a native spiritual guy added to the squad? lol cmon dude its gears of war and its still gonna kick ass, (watch that gameplay vid yet) though im not very convinced how fast the chainsaw kills were in the gp vid, i do like how the chainsaw battles are handled.
rrandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rrandolph
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

I was sitting here thinking the same thing. WTF???

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 msdd9

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

This is for the guys (and/or gals) who said Gears had no story. I'll admit it ain't nothing fancy, but it's still a story.

The story of Gears of War (in a very large nut shell):

You play as Marcus Fenix a former COG solider who was imprisoned after abandoning his men on the battlefield. The prison you're in has been taken over by the locust army. The locust are a seemingly reptilian race of creatures native to the underground tunnels found deep below the surface of the planet (can't remember the name) that humanity has begun using as a second Earth. The locust are very unhappy with the humans coming and taking over the surface of their planet so they wage war on and destroy most of the surface world.

Marcus's old friend Domius Santiago comes and rescues Marcus. The two escape the prison and Marcus is pardoned of his war crimes and unofficially reinstated into the COG army as a member of delta squad. Your squad mates are Dom, Carmine, and Sargent Kim. Your first mission after getting out of prison is to (as a squad of four) go and rescue alpha squad who have disappeared.

[Lots of fighting and killing.]

Carmine is killed and your squad is down to three. Not long after Carmine's death, you meet Augustus Cole. Cole is part of alpha squad and was patrolling in hope of finding rescue when he was attacked by a large squad of locust. Cole joins your squad and helps to lead you to Delta squad who are held up in the tome of lost soldiers (I think).

Your squad moves down to the street and meet with alpha squad. Your helicopter is coming in to pick you and alpha squad up when it is destroyed by the locust. A huge squad of locust arrive including their leader general Ramm. Ramm kills Sargent Kim and most of what's left of alpha team. The only people left alive are you, Dom, Cole, and your new squad mate, Baird.

I'll leave the next part as a surprise saying only that you are appointed the new Sargent of delta squad.

You need a form of transportation in order to get to one of the main locust bases located under an immersion mine. Once you arrive in the base you must set the resonator which will map out the locust's tunnels.

Dom suggests that the squad go and get a car or "a junker" from a guy he knows. Dom's buddy is a "stranded" or a member of a small community that still inhabits the surface of the planet.

You finally arrive at the junker with Dom. The rest of your team was left with the stranded as a bartering chip. You return to the stranded community to get the rest of your team. When you arrive you realise that the base is involved in a huge battle between the stranded (including your team) and the locust.

After fending off the locust onslaught you and your team take the junker to the immersion facility.

You finally make your way into and through the tunnels to find the locust base.

Baird sets the resonator and you and your team exit the mine believing your mission to have been a success.

The resonator didn't work.

General Hoffman orders you and your team to return to Marcus' childhood home where his father had built a huge record of locust information.

[Lots of fighting and killing]

You arrive at the house. Cole and Baird go out back to work on another junker they found. You and Dom go into the house and fight your way to the basement where ou finally find the secret room. From the computer you learn that there are many more locust tunnels than ever believed. You also find a three dimensional map of the tunnels.

You radio Hoffman with this information and he tells you that your next assignment is to get to the nearby train station and get aboard a train he is loading with a bomb that will destroy the locust tunnels.

You and Dom exit the house and rush to the junker that Baird and Cole have repaired.

You all travel to the train station.

Once you arrive you are ambushed by locusts.

You and Dom get on the train just before it leaves. Cole and Baird miss the train and must be picked up by Hoffman in a helicopter.

You and Dom finally arrive at the front of the train where the bomb is located.

General Ramm is at the front of the train as well and is your final challenge.

You defeat Ramm and set off the bomb. You and Dom (along with the rest of delta squad and General Hoffman) escape in the helicopter.

The bomb goes off and it seems as though the battle has been won.

Then another locust wearing a cape and riding a large flying creature comes into view.

The voice of what I believe to be the locust queen (I believe this because the locust appear to have a hive-mind similar to bees and ants) speaks saying that the locusts will not stop fighting until they are dead and that they "are not dead yet".

The End.

Enter sequel.

Hope this helps clear things up.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.GSU28

yes im not an idiot. im proving a fact that aliens can have religions too. it makes no difference if its human or alian they have to belive in something

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

ALIEN PRIESTS?!?!?!??!

WHAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THIS ANGERS MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

LIIIIIIINK!!!!!!!!!!!

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FUBAR24

This is for the guy who said Gears had no story. I'll admit it ain't nothing fancy, but it's still a story.

msdd9

1. You should probably put that in spoiler tags

2. Thats not a very deep story when you really look at it. most of it is just run and gun and hide and chainsaw

sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I think it is stupid that they added a Native American spirtual guru to the squad. That is incredibly cliche and does not at all belong in Gears of War. That is a huge turn off for me.

GSU28

this shows how the devs think of geow fans : they are superficial enough to tolerate this kind of BS, just give them cool graphics, with simplistic gameplay/story and non-stop shooting/killing and they are happy,

dont get me wrong, you're right about the cliche thing, but GSU28 you must understand, we are in the minority here, the average geow gamer doesnt get those subtilities, so why should the devs care?

fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fartmixer26
Member since 2008 • 830 Posts
[QUOTE="GSU28"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

Master Chief, Marcus Fenix...what's the difference?

Or maybe they are the same person...perhaps.

Marcus Fenix would beat Master Chief's ass in a second. as for the post, thats not dumb, can't other species have priests too? its not going against Gears, its not like they are putting little wimpy guys like the Grunts

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

rrandolph

I was sitting here thinking the same thing. WTF???

lol yeah...nah dude big alien things, thats about as real life as it gets haha

EvilDude456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EvilDude456
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts
Wow. Its going to be cool you can bring the dead back. I want to try it and see.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and doesn't belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.MM87

why would epic do that and where is your proof?

if you speculate this than its ok for me

bmcookie797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 bmcookie797
Member since 2004 • 70 Posts
This does not stick out and is now way odd it is a new feature to create more strategy in the game and healers take part in war. You can be healed during co-op so why can't the enemy. Step your game up and it won't be a problem
satec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 satec
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts
It's a new gameplay mechanic, wait and see how it plays before you knock it. And don't play the realism card, it was a sci-fi game before, no less than Halo. I think Epic deserves the benefit of the doubt after the first Gears, at least wait to try it.
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

GSU28

I like the addition. They have a black and hispanic guy, why not add a Native American. If they wanted to add a character that is a spirtual guru what race would you have him be?

imfeelinpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 imfeelinpanda
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
it will get anoyying in the campaign but thats a sign that theres gonna be classes in multiplayer
MikeJones133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MikeJones133
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

LOL WRONG GAME!

xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.MikeJones133

LOL WRONG GAME!

LOL he was just saying that aliens can have priests as well.

l3laZeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 l3laZeX3
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

well the person making a response is not answering the question brought upon him. True, what he said is true about the covenant but the question was noy whether aliens can have religion he said "Yea but alien priests? That doesn't sound very Gears of War'ish." The whole nature of this question pertains to Gears of War not Halo 3 and specifically says so.

The response to the statement therefore shows the responders inability to understand the original poster's position on the topic and makes a fool of himself brinigng up Halo when Halo has nothing to do with what the original poster is trying to say.

killer_paul93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killer_paul93
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think in the end that every one will enjoy that feature especially if it also on-line .It's to abb that bit more difficulty the game personally i think it will great.
seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Guys, guys, guys, Chill! We have only seen the first impressions yet... give Epic a chance people
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
All of you need to just wait until November and see what the final product is like when it ships. Epic cares about the brand image, about their newest franchise, and they're not going to mess it up. Cut them some slack. Developing games to entertain us is very hard work so lighten up.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 msdd9
[QUOTE="msdd9"]

This is for the guy who said Gears had no story. I'll admit it ain't nothing fancy, but it's still a story.

FUBAR24

2. Thats not a very deep story when you really look at it. most of it is just run and gun and hide and chainsaw

Thanks for reminding me about putting the spoiler tag on.

Like I said at the top of that post. The story may not be as deep as say Bioshock or Mass Effect, but it still exists.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Wait a minute, someone said that the Locust are just mutated humans. WTF?! Did I miss something? I thought none of us had any idea where they came from (which I was hoping we find out more in GoW2).

Is there something I missed that said the Locust are mutated humans?

jasonlc3221

The Locust are Epic's re-imaging of the fabeled MOLE MEN. They lived on this earth, they are NOT aliens. I guess they're pissed about Imulsion or whatever the humans were mining, and want to kill all of us...

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="msdd9"]

msdd9

Thanks for reminding me about putting the spoiler tag on.

Like I said at the top of that post. The story may not be as deep as say Bioshock or Mass Effect, but it still exists.

I thought it was a great story. More Story than some action games... I mean seriously when we were kids we played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and that was like the greatest thing EVER... all you do is run straight, avoid baddies, beat robotnik 10x, game over. There was no cutscenes or ending clip and People were happy, because of the catchy tunes and beautiful animation. Gears of War is the same thing... It lacks a RPG/Blockbuster storyline, but the game is A GAME and Epic focused on making it entertaining, which they did and tried to add as much story as they could at the time...

Now with Gears of War 2, they don't need to focus on the gameplay, because it's already perfected. They can add more to the story and answer the many questions the j^rkoffs online have been flaming them for not including in the first game... Half the time i don't know how some people judge others when they know they can't do half as good a job... geez.

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

Mau-Justice

you mean gears 1 was based on reality?

sephaien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 sephaien
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

This is for the guys (and/or gals) who said Gears had no story. I'll admit it ain't nothing fancy, but it's still a story.

You play as Marcus Fenix a former COG solider who was imprisoned after abandoning his men on the battlefield. The prison you're in has been taken over by the locust army. The locust are a seemingly reptilian race of creatures native to the underground tunnels found deep below the surface of the planet (can't remember the name) that humanity has begun using as a second Earth. The locust are very unhappy with the humans coming and taking over the surface of their planet so they wage war on and destroy most of the surface world.

Marcus's old friend Domius Santiago comes and rescues Marcus. The two escape the prison and Marcus is pardoned of his war crimes and unofficially reinstated into the COG army as a member of delta squad. Your squad mates are Dom, Carmine, and Sargent Kim. Your first mission after getting out of prison is to (as a squad of four) go and rescue alpha squad who have disappeared.

Carmine is killed and your squad is down to three. Not long after Carmine's death, you meet Augustus Cole. Cole is part of alpha squad and was patrolling in hope of finding rescue when he was attacked by a large squad of locust. Cole joins your squad and helps to lead you to Delta squad who are held up in the tome of lost soldiers (I think).

Your squad moves down to the street and meet with alpha squad. Your helicopter is coming in to pick you and alpha squad up when it is destroyed by the locust. A huge squad of locust arrive including their leader general Ramm. Ramm kills Sargent Kim and most of what's left of alpha team. The only people left alive are you, Dom, Cole, and your new squad mate, Baird.

I'll leave the next part as a surprise saying only that you are appointed the new Sargent of delta squad.

You need a form of transportation in order to get to one of the main locust bases located under an immersion mine. Once you arrive in the base you must set the resonator which will map out the locust's tunnels.

Dom suggests that the squad go and get a car or "a junker" from a guy he knows. Dom's buddy is a "stranded" or a member of a small community that still inhabits the surface of the planet.

You finally arrive at the junker with Dom. The rest of your team was left with the stranded as a bartering chip. You return to the stranded community to get the rest of your team. When you arrive you realise that the base is involved in a huge battle between the stranded (including your team) and the locust.

After fending off the locust onslaught you and your team take the junker to the immersion facility.

You finally make your way into and through the tunnels to find the locust base.

Baird sets the resonator and you and your team exit the mine believing your mission to have been a success.

The resonator didn't work.

General Hoffman orders you and your team to return to Marcus' childhood home where his father had built a huge record of locust information.

[Lots of fighting and killing]

You arrive at the house. Cole and Baird go out back to work on another junker they found. You and Dom go into the house and fight your way to the basement where ou finally find the secret room. From the computer you learn that there are many more locust tunnels than ever believed. You also find a three dimensional map of the tunnels.

You radio Hoffman with this information and he tells you that your next assignment is to get to the nearby train station and get aboard a train he is loading with a bomb that will destroy the locust tunnels.

You and Dom exit the house and rush to the junker that Baird and Cole have repaired.

You all travel to the train station.

Once you arrive you are ambushed by locusts.

You and Dom get on the train just before it leaves. Cole and Baird miss the train and must be picked up by Hoffman in a helicopter.

You and Dom finally arrive at the front of the train where the bomb is located.

General Ramm is at the front of the train as well and is your final challenge.

You defeat Ramm and set off the bomb. You and Dom (along with the rest of delta squad and General Hoffman) escape in the helicopter.

The bomb goes off and it seems as though the battle has been won.

Then another locust wearing a cape and riding a large flying creature comes into view.

The voice of what I believe to be the locust queen (I believe this because the locust appear to have a hive-mind similar to bees and ants) speaks saying that the locusts will not stop fighting until they are dead and that they "are not dead yet".

The End.

Enter sequel.

msdd9

so why carmine says

"are you marcus fenix?"

-yeah

"cool!"

-not really

why he thinks he is cool? because of the name? thats reasonable =)

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeJones133"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="MM87"]...there are some healer Locust things that can bring dead Locust back from the dead? I think that is incredibly stupid and belong in a game with a gritty, war-like feel like Gears Of War.xbox3604lyf

LOL WRONG GAME!

LOL he was just saying that aliens can have priests as well.

I think your missing the point. The problem isn't that they have a religion, it's that they can resurrect dead enemies. Yes in Halo the Covenant had a religion but it was just a set of (incorrect) beliefs. You didn't have to kill the same enemies multiple times because some shaman/priest thing was hiding in the back and resurrecting them.

As you could probably tell I'm not on board for this priest thing. It may add challenge or whatever but it just feels out of place IMO.