I'm not into skateboarding at all but that Skate demo is awesome!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Alright just in good taste...the Tony Hawk games have no Punk music in them, whatsoever...juuust had to clear that up. And good day sir.
Coyote32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Coyote32
Member since 2007 • 1424 Posts
Skate demo? WHA??! -looks-
Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.-MlKE-

Just one question. Do you get to play as Rob Dyrdek and Big Black in the demo? Because if you dont im just not downloading it. I'll wait till the actual game.

-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.Fifty_Pence

Just one question. Do you get to play as Rob Dyrdek and Big Black in the demo? Because if you dont im just not downloading it. I'll wait till the actual game.

I don't have a clue who they are but I think you play as some created character because someone is teaching you how to do things.
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.Fifty_Pence

WOW look what we have here. A nother little kid that just likes the skate boarders that he sees on tv and knows nothing about the actual sport of skating. I bet you also love Bam don't you?

ps. i dont really think that skate boarding is a sport. It just sounded better in the rant.

KingJustinII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KingJustinII
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

Alright just in good taste...the Tony Hawk games have no Punk music in them, whatsoever...juuust had to clear that up. And good day sir.TheGTAvaccine

qft, with very few exceptions, and i cant even think of those off the top of my head.

Diezelfuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Diezelfuel
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I like the demo, I jus caint get the controls down, as far as the other kick tricks. Like kickflips, heelflips, tricks like those...any help, i would appreciate it greatfully, LOL

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

they're not in the demo, all you do is skate and get a feel for the controls. they're in the final version and ali boulala too(skates for FLIP) which is siick.
KingJustinII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingJustinII
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
[QUOTE="Fifty_Pence"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.xXmeatwad225Xx

WOW look what we have here. A nother little kid that just likes the skate boarders that he sees on tv and knows nothing about the actual sport of skating. I bet you also love Bam don't you?

ps. i dont really think that skate boarding is a sport. It just sounded better in the rant.

Noun

1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

hm... i think that just about covers it. :roll:

totallyschizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 totallyschizo
Member since 2005 • 818 Posts
I found it to be very poorly designed. The control system is awkward and makes you switch your fingers all over the place in two seconds just to try and get on and off a rail, now maybe you think the tony hawk games dont give a good skateboarding experience [which is true] however, THE ARE EXTREMELY FUN VIDEOGAMES!

Sure this will sell some and is a nice option for people who want the "real skateboard" feel, but it isn't very fun or fluid for a videogame. I play tennis but the only time ill check out a tennis game is if it is also fun from a videogame end [as in people who dont like tennis also want to play it just cause its a fun game].

They choose to toss their new ideas in the skating game scene and it has some good points to offer, but it is never going to top the sales/fans/fun/ or reviews of the hawk games..original but not the new champion.

Also for a game priding itself on realism the animations are from it, and I have no idea what your talking about because the demo had plenty of "rawk" music and replies like "k dude. sick. now lets try hittin pipe".
badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
I might download it now.
Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts
[QUOTE="Fifty_Pence"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.xXmeatwad225Xx

I'm not a little kid. I'm 21. I really don't care about other skaters because I don't like skaterboarding. However I enjoy that show. And They were put in the game so I have intrest in playing as them.

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
[QUOTE="xXmeatwad225Xx"][QUOTE="Fifty_Pence"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.KingJustinII

Noun

1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

hm... i think that just about covers it. :roll:

Fact

A real sport contains two teams and some kind of points system. As in foot ball or hockey or baseball hell even soccer is considered a sport but skating is not a sport.

ps. i like the show to i just got bored and wanted to comment on something then i saw the rob and big post ad thought to myself this is gonna be fun. and now it has blown in to this witch is like three posts or something about my comment and now I'm just making every one hate me even more. So that was fun.

ds360fn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ds360fn
Member since 2006 • 1184 Posts
[QUOTE="Fifty_Pence"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"]I'm not into skateboarding at all and I hate how the Tony Hawk games have the dumb skating characters and the annoying punk rock music. I LOVE how Skate is making skateboarding seem like a real sport. No dumb homeless guys, no collecting the S-K-A-T-E letters. Just skating without the "dude, radical!" characters and other annoying things that go along with the Tony Hawk games. The controls are great and you really get the feel like your actually using the board instead of simply just pushing one button to do an ollie, grind or trick. The one complaint I had was that the camera is too close to the ground and I understanding that the emphasis is on you seeing the skateboard but I wish there was a camera that zoomed back a bit so you can see your characters whole body. But I'm sure that the full retail version of the game will allow you to change the camera around. At least the demo was worth the whole day it took me to download it, lol. This was by far the longest it's ever taken me to download a demo on 360.-MlKE-

I don't have a clue who they are but I think you play as some created character because someone is teaching you how to do things.

dude they're the dudes from rob and big