Im mad at Mass Effect!!:(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iwantasong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 iwantasong
Member since 2008 • 243 Posts
I got sorta far and saved, and a few hours later I go back on, click resume game, and it says it cant find the save thingy! I try loading my save and it says the same thing! I had to restart and its only a rental. Do you know if there is any possible way I can get back my saved game?
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
if you cant load, id say you are in trouble.
TheBlckJck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheBlckJck
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
Mass Effect is one of my favorite games!!! Bro, that sucks lol. I'd be devastated. Im on my third play through and it still doesnt get old. But to answer your questions I don't think there is a way. It might of just been a glitch in your system, because that game does had a 'checkpoint' system. I don't know what else to tell you other than start from the top and I'm truley sorry for your loss. :( lol Good Luck next time!
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Why the hell would you RENT Mass Effect in the first place. Why wouldn't you BUY one of the 360's best games?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
did you happen to turn off your 360 while saving? it may sound like a stupid question,but people tend to be a hurry and turn off they're console without fully saving and the save file ends up getting corrupted
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I got sorta far and saved, and a few hours later I go back on, click resume game, and it says it cant find the save thingy! I try loading my save and it says the same thing! I had to restart and its only a rental. Do you know if there is any possible way I can get back my saved game?iwantasong
Wouldn't it be awesome if error messages were written like that: "Sorry, but the software can't find the thingy to make it work. You will now be returned the watcha-ma-do-hicky." Yeah, losing saves sucks. Especially with an RPG.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

its worth it to go back and play it again..i remember the first time i went to the citadel i did every possible mission i could(including finding all the scanners)and my power went out.after that i saved after every thing that i did

haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

its worth it to go back and play it again..i remember the first time i went to the citadel i did every possible mission i could(including finding all the scanners)and my power went out.after that i saved after every thing that i did

gamegod

on the topic... i have only so scanners left. i know one is by that v.i. and she said dont bother it. is there one that is REALLY hidden that i might be missing?

g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
Maybe it's not the game but a hardware malfunction like your HDD.
grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
Sometimes games don't get saved properly, it's just an unfortunate fact of console gaming. I make it a habit to use three save slots for each game (when I have the option), and I rotate through them. I save over the oldest of the three saves. That way, if one gets corrupted I have two others that aren't too far back to fall back on.
iwantasong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iwantasong
Member since 2008 • 243 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll just restart though.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Why the hell would you RENT Mass Effect in the first place. Why wouldn't you BUY one of the 360's best games?Canvas_Of_Flesh
because its not worth owning?
DrMatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 DrMatta
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

Haven't you switched profiles by accident or something?

EDIT: And if Mass Effect is not worth owning, i wonder what is?

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zero9167

DrMatta

oblivion is, for single player RPGs

DrMatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrMatta
I
[QUOTE="DrMatta"]

zero9167

I don't really get it.
Why is Oblivion worth owning.. but Mass Effect isn't?
I've got both and i had tons more fun with Mass Effect.
To each his own i guess, but to say Oblivion is worth it and Mass Effect isn't.. well is just kinda stupid imo, they're both great in their own right.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zero9167
I[QUOTE="zero9167"][QUOTE="DrMatta"]

DrMatta

I don't really get it.
To each his own i guess, but to say Oblivion is worth it and Mass Effect isn't.. well is just kinda stupid imo, they're both great in their own right.

it's stupid to think a ~15 hour single player RPG is worth owning
DrMatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrMatta
[QUOTE="DrMatta"]I[QUOTE="zero9167"][QUOTE="DrMatta"]

zero9167

I don't really get it.

If you buy an RPG for the hours, i think you're doing it wrong. (And you'll have missed out on a few good ones)

I'd rather have a great 15 hour campaign, then a stretched out, boring 40 hour one, like i found Oblivion's.

That's just my opinion though, you're entitled to your own ofcourse.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
I got stuck in a damn elevator after 40 hours of work
-Nero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Nero
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
[QUOTE="zero9167"][QUOTE="DrMatta"]I[QUOTE="zero9167"][QUOTE="DrMatta"]

DrMatta

I don't really get it.

If you buy an RPG for the hours, i think you're doing it wrong. (And you'll have missed out on a few good ones)

I'd rather have a great 15 hour campaign, then a stretched out, boring 40 hour one, like i found Oblivion's.

That's just my opinion though, you're entitled to your own ofcourse.

I guess you did not play through the quests or you did not know what to do. Just my opinion:roll:

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
It is easy to get 50 hours out of Mass Effect on your first play through of the game.
DrMatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrMatta

I guess you did not play through the quests or you did not know what to do. Just my opinion:roll:-Nero

No the tedious, exactly same looking Oblivion gates got boring after the third one.
Too bad there were still 10+ following.
Also, only caves and ruins filled 80% of the land and they looked exactly the same aswel.
I just found it boring, period.

defiant3279

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 defiant3279
Member since 2007 • 699 Posts

[QUOTE="-Nero"]

I guess you did not play through the quests or you did not know what to do. Just my opinion:roll:DrMatta

No the tedious, exactly same looking Oblivion gates got boring after the third one.
Too bad there were still 10+ following.
Also, only caves and ruins filled 80% of the land and they looked exactly the same aswel.
I just found it boring, period.

I'm with you on this one. Now, don't get me wrong guys, I loved Oblivion as much as the next person. I've beaten the game multiple times. Each time I try something different. On my 4th playthrough, I honest-to-goodness-damn-near beat the ENTIRE game. I'm talking all side-quest and main storyline missions. Owned all houses. Seen and owned every weapon and armor. Had too many damn horses. Did all the shrine missions and discovered at least 90% of all available landmarks. I played the hell out of it. Yet, I still think Mass Effect's the better game. It's just...more entertaining. That is what games are here for, right? I'm on my 6th playthrough right now. SIXTH! Seriously, what other game allows you to knock out a reporter. I'm Mass Effect for life. At least until the second one arrives :)

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts

no one heard of switching between two saves

ever since GTA vice city when my saved messed up i have always made double saves and never had any problems

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I highly recommend Lost Odyssey then. If you want that epic quality feel that doesnt require a hundred hours to fully enjoy a game. LO is your one stop shop for JRPG heaven. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f956b96dc672
deactivated-5f956b96dc672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5f956b96dc672
Member since 2007 • 2218 Posts
did you turn it off while saving?
IWasGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IWasGod
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
i think its gone forever my friend. that never happened with me on ME but it did it on dead rising, i was almost finished with my first play through had like 10hrs left. when i loaded back up i had to start new. made me mad. but yea. i think your pretty much f*%&'d
-Nero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Nero
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

i think its gone forever my friend. that never happened with me on ME but it did it on dead rising, i was almost finished with my first play through had like 10hrs left. when i loaded back up i had to start new. made me mad. but yea. i think your pretty much f*%&'dIWasGod

It's because you did not save. Do you know that you have to save in the bathroom?

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#30 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I aggree, not on the Oblivion part. My favorite RPG can be completed withing 15 hours if I want to, but the game has a such beautiful story that I always come back for more. I have completed the whole game for more than 7 times over the years (Not including remake). Oblivion doesn't have replay value because it is too much chore to replay it and the story just not as attractive as my favorite RPGs.

What's your favorite rpg?

On topic though the only things I can think of are you accidentally switched profiles or you turned off your console before the game could finish saving. I've done both of those before.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I got sorta far and saved, and a few hours later I go back on, click resume game, and it says it cant find the save thingy! I try loading my save and it says the same thing! I had to restart and its only a rental. Do you know if there is any possible way I can get back my saved game?iwantasong

I was just passing by, and you might not be looking into this topic anymore and others might have said the same before aswell but have you tried looking for you save 'thingy'? Instead of pressing resume try to go to the load menu and select the right character. ITs possible that you made a second chararacter for fun and dint save it, this character would stil have an empty save list. Go to load and select a different character (with X or Y I believe) and select the right character, then delete the empty save list so it wont happen again.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
if u only get 15 hours of it then ur playing on easy and not doing all the tasks. its only a short game if ur lazy and dont play it properly
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Mass Effect is definately worth owning. I had to fight the urge to fall asleep while playing through Oblivion. It was one of the dullest moments in gaming for me.
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I loved both Oblivion and Mass Effect, they were equally entertaining for me and both are high quality RPGs.
chillwill3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chillwill3000
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]Why the hell would you RENT Mass Effect in the first place. Why wouldn't you BUY one of the 360's best games?zero9167

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]Why the hell would you RENT Mass Effect in the first place. Why wouldn't you BUY one of the 360's best games?zero9167

Mass Effect is awsome. I bought if for about $20 on ebay. didn't like it much at first, but once i got into it i was like wow, i can't put the controller down, just want to see what is going to happen, and it is an awsome looking game (turn the film grain crap off). mass effect is one of the best games out right now for the 360.

defiant3279

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 defiant3279

I second that. The film grain can be so annoying sometimes. Whose idea was to blemish that beautiful piece of work in the first place?!

secher_nbiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 secher_nbiw
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

amen, brother. ME sucks, not because of the length, but because it is a pretty poorly conceived and designed game. bioware fanboys will believe anything put out by BW is gold. ME was rather brown, if you follow

azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
in every game i play i have several saves
defiant3279

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 defiant3279

[QUOTE="zero9167"][QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]Why the hell would you RENT Mass Effect in the first place. Why wouldn't you BUY one of the 360's best games?secher_nbiw

amen, brother. ME sucks, not because of the length, but because it is a pretty poorly conceived and designed game. bioware fanboys will believe anything put out by BW is gold. ME was rather brown, if you follow

Your post lost all credibility the second you said ME "is a poorly concieved and designed game." Um...yeah, go smoke another one, bro. I understand everyone has their own opinion. If you said you didn't like ME because it's not your cup of tea, I could understand that. But to call it a poorly concieved and designed game is just ignorant and IMO stupid. What exactly do you prefer? Halo? No wait, I got it... Pacman :)

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

[QUOTE="iwantasong"]I got sorta far and saved, and a few hours later I go back on, click resume game, and it says it cant find the save thingy! I try loading my save and it says the same thing! I had to restart and its only a rental. Do you know if there is any possible way I can get back my saved game?raahsnavj
Wouldn't it be awesome if error messages were written like that: "Sorry, but the software can't find the thingy to make it work. You will now be returned the watcha-ma-do-hicky." Yeah, losing saves sucks. Especially with an RPG.

I like your avatar dude!

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

[QUOTE="iwantasong"]I got sorta far and saved, and a few hours later I go back on, click resume game, and it says it cant find the save thingy! I try loading my save and it says the same thing! I had to restart and its only a rental. Do you know if there is any possible way I can get back my saved game?raahsnavj

HAHA. Nice.

Mrgmandathird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mrgmandathird
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Damn I always thought Mass Effect had crappy graphics , guess it was just the film grain . Anyways Mass Effect is one of those games u can play 5 times over becuase of the different classes , renegade/paragon , and the many different ways the story can play through with different choices of dialogue and different endings . Cant wait for no. 2 , hope they have another Vanguard Class 8)