I'm looking for a RPG game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icebergdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 icebergdude
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hi, i've just bought a 360 and i'm looking for a good rpg game to get me going, does anybody have any suggestions?, bare in mind i'm new to the Xbox universe!!
K3vinkha0S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 K3vinkha0S
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts
Wel it depends on your taste of RPG's. Mass Effect, or Oblivion are your best bets.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Oblivion, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata...any one of those are really good.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Oblivion, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, and Blue Dragon are all fantastic. I've loved each and every one.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jalexbrown

Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.craigalan23

I heard Enchanted Arms is a terrible game. I've not played it, though, so I can't say for sure. The best opinion I've heard about it was one of my friends told me it was an "okay way to kill time waiting for a good RPG on the 360".

eab444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eab444
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
If you liked the KOTOR games, Mass Effect is a must buy.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - Mass Effect. I prefer Mass Effect because of it's shooting elements.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.jalexbrown

I heard Enchanted Arms is a terrible game. I've not played it, though, so I can't say for sure. The best opinion I've heard about it was one of my friends told me it was an "okay way to kill time waiting for a good RPG on the 360".

The battle system was really cool it was turned based but you and your opponent were on grids so you had to worry about your placement as well. It added a whole new level of strategy.

The voice overs were pretty bad and the story was mediocre, though.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.Trickshot771

The battle system was really cool it was turned based but you and your opponent were on grids so you had to worry about your placement as well. It added a whole new level of strategy.

If all that's true, I wouldn't really buy it. I'd rent it. I don't care about voice acting really, but a good story is a must to me. However, I like to try any RPG with a cool and unique combat system. Perhaps I'll rent it sometime to play around with the battle system.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

Well the story isn't all that bad, I suppose. It's got a few twists and a few sad moments, but it's not on par with a lot of other games. I actually enjoyed it.

One of the things I also really liked about it was how nearly every enemy you fight (except bosses) you can have in your party and you can level them up. You can even take the monsters and battle them online.

Plus, you get all the achievements just by completing the game.

Vendetta4568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vendetta4568
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i was in the same boat i havent tried mass effect yet but if u want a fun game, BLue Dragon is the game, anf Lost Oddysey isnt bad either
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
Mass Effect and Oblivion I would recommend.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
[QUOTE="Trickshot771"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.jalexbrown

If all that's true, I wouldn't really buy it. I'd rent it. I don't care about voice acting really, but a good story is a must to me. However, I like to try any RPG with a cool and unique combat system. Perhaps I'll rent it sometime to play around with the battle system.

Voice acting can make or break a story thought because if your voice actors suck then it is hard to focus on the story and stop laughing from their voices.

kratos419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 kratos419
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
oblivion, eternal sonata, dark messiah of might and magic... in that order.
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
Oblivion and Mass Effect are the highest rated
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts

Oblivion

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Trickshot771"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Lost odyssey,Eternal sonata,and Enchanted arm although this game's ok but it's pretty cheap.Agent_Kaliaver

Voice acting can make or break a story thought because if your voice actors suck then it is hard to focus on the story and stop laughing from their voices.

hehe yeah voice acting sucked...story is simple. its like a FF8 story rip off..blah blah save the world from an ancient evil..blah blah guy with gravity defying hair and voice acting(sucks)..and of coarse the main character has some secret power..lol damn!!! do something original!!

anyways if your looking for JRPG's blue dragon and eteral sonata is the way to go. WRPG's are oblivion and mas effect(that is, if you can call this a RPG)

Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts

Call of Duty 4. You can shoot RPG's at people and helicopters! :D

Seriously though, Oblivion. It is great and will last you FOREVER! There is so much more to do if you get the game of the year edition as well.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts

Enchanted Arms was fine!

Sure it was nothing original, but a lot of the dialouge was actually funny, which you never see in games.

However, as far as RPGs go, I would reccomend Lost Odyssey, and Inifinite Undiscovery is coming out soon, which looks promising.

AngelsongCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 AngelsongCA
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

Wait a little while, then get one of these.

The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Too Human
Fable 2
Spectral Force 3
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Or, you could get these now.

Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts

I would pass on Too Human,

It looks pretty bad.

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Hi, i've just bought a 360 and i'm looking for a good rpg game to get me going, does anybody have any suggestions?, bare in mind i'm new to the Xbox universe!!icebergdude
I would say Mass Effect, and Oblivion. Another good RPG is Fable for the xbox, works via BC, if you can find it at the store, it should only be $10. Some good JRPGs for the 360 are Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonata.

In the future you should look out for Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Too Human. Also if you enjoy JRPGs, there is a triple whammy coming to the 360 with Infinite Undiscovery coming this september, The Last Remnant coming this winter, and Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope coming in 2009.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Oblivion was the first game I got for my 360 and I still play it regularly. Mass Effect is a great game too, lots of replay value and a great story.