I'm considering selling my 360 and buying a PS3. HELP ME.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

Been a 360 gamer almost exclusively for the past two years. A couple of things were revealed to me recently that made me question my choice.

The first was the fact that I'm paying $7.99 a month (or $50 per year, if you buy the card) for a service that I can't help but feel is not worth it. I mean, we don't have dedicated servers. It's all pretty much P2P. Windows Live gamers have the exact same things we have for free. Steam is free as well and some argue that it's a better service than Xbox Live. I'm paying to access the internet on my console. That makes no sense to me. PSN is free. Let's face it, PSN has only a fraction of the functionality of Xbox Live. But it's growing. It's growing and improving by the day.

The second is the PS3's features. Right now, it's around $400 for a brand new 160GB console on eBay. Let's keep in mind that the PS3 has a built-in Blu-Ray player, which costs (at the least) around $150-200. Let's also remember that it has built-in Wi-Fi, a $100 attachment for the Xbox 360. Not to mention that the 120GB hard drive for 360 costs $160. A 320GB hard drive for PS3 goes for $75. Internet browser. Can copy all the music I want from my USB drive onto my hard drive.

Then there's the whole "microsoft points" stuff. They make you buy large amounts at a time, even if what you want is only like 200 points. PSN works on real money. Exact amounts.

TL;DR: I feel ripped off by Microsoft, give me a good reason to stay.

manhore30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 manhore30
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
there is none do what you want
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Making_Pudding
there is none do what you wantmanhore30
Thanks for the encouragement.
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
The wasted time and effort. I'm sure you care about your gamerscore, xbox buddies and etc. I don't know about you, but that sure seems like a good reason to me.
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
If you want to start a "PS3 is waaay better than Xbox" topic then take this to System Wars, dude. I don't see a reason why anyone apart from the Microsoft executives would want to convince you to keep your Xbox. If you don't want it, sell it. We don't care.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Don't do it. I thought about the same thing. But then a lil after i got a PS3 and what does it doing? Collecting dust nd it's being played once a month while 360 is my everyday concole.
scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts
I don't really care what you do with your xbox. Guess I'm not a fanboy. sorry.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Making_Pudding
If you want to start a "PS3 is waaay better than Xbox" topic then take this to System Wars, dude. I don't see a reason why anyone apart from the Microsoft executives would want to convince you to keep your Xbox. If you don't want it, sell it. We don't care.guthwulf_de
I don't know who gave you the right to speak for the entire GameSpot community, but I refuse to think that no one cares. Especially considering some of the posts in this very thread. Also, I had a recent fight with the crew I usually game with. Deleted the lot of them off my friends list, and I just feel pretty disillusioned. This is the reason why I started researching the PS3. I'm hoping someone will come up with something I've taken for granted that only exists on LIVE but, from the looks of things, it's not going to happen.
kealoha808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kealoha808
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
if i were you i would wait there is rumur that sony will drop prices in a couple of months
Ce0mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ce0mo
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
Wait for the price drop.I like my ps3 more than my 360 but I play my 360 more,mainly cause of more of my friends play 360.i like the exclusives more on ps3 than 360 also so think about that.If you like R2,Little Big Planet,MGS4,Warhawk,Motorstorm more than Gears,Halo,Fable than I say go for it.But make sure you sell in online or craigslist.Game stores are huge rip offs.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
if you don't want it, than get rid of it....doesn't affect me in any way...and no one needs to "help" you....you can make your own decisions
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
[QUOTE="guthwulf_de"]If you want to start a "PS3 is waaay better than Xbox" topic then take this to System Wars, dude. I don't see a reason why anyone apart from the Microsoft executives would want to convince you to keep your Xbox. If you don't want it, sell it. We don't care.Making_Pudding
I don't know who gave you the right to speak for the entire GameSpot community, but I refuse to think that no one cares. Especially considering some of the posts in this very thread. Also, I had a recent fight with the crew I usually game with. Deleted the lot of them off my friends list, and I just feel pretty disillusioned. This is the reason why I started researching the PS3. I'm hoping someone will come up with something I've taken for granted that only exists on LIVE but, from the looks of things, it's not going to happen.

Don't be silly, gamerscore only exists on live. You can't say that doesn't matter b/c it does. What you could say is that YOU don't care about it. I myself love it, and it alone would be enough to keep me from hoppin to the ps3 side of the fence. This IS valid reason, like it or not. If you care about it or not is up to you but don't say that people haven't "come up" with anything.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Making_Pudding
To those of you giving helpful responses, thank you. I really do appreciate it. To those of you saying that you don't care, I don't see the logic behind your post. You don't care, yet you take the time to let me know that you don't care. At the same time, you're bumping this thread. You guys are showing some contradicting behavior. If you don't care, don't post. Simple, right? That way, the people who do have some sympathy stand out. Thank you.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
The worst thing to ever do is trade in one system for another. Better to save up and buy the ps3 and own both consoles. Best of two worlds.
Psyrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Psyrax
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
You might have a serious decision to make if you had nothing and had to choose between consoles. but if you've already spent the money on a 360 then it makes no sense to sell it to get a PS3. these days you really don't get a whole lot of money for used systems. At least not enough that you can't just save a little xtra from that next paycheck and then have both systems. As for paying to use Xbox Live. That is really based on how much you use it. technically you do get it for free as Silver membership. You're paying to have the xtra perks of gold membership. if those perks are not worth 50 clams a year then ditch it. But honestly just get a PS3 fresh. that way when an exclusive 360 title comes out in the future or a game that all your buds are playing on 360 you won't kick yourself in the pants. besides you can sign up for gold membership again whenever you want. Hope it helps.
mugensur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 mugensur
Member since 2006 • 601 Posts

MP, you need to stop that.

If you make a topic/thread you should realize that some people would disagree with your opinion or just have a different one, by ignorine it or saying their opinion it's wrong or that you don't care you are pretty much admitting that you just want attention or that you made a topic just to see who agrees with you.

You can do what you want, it's your money, your time.

scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts

[QUOTE="Making_Pudding"] To those of you saying that you don't care, I don't see the logic behind your post. You don't care, yet you take the time to let me know that you don't care. At the same time, you're bumping this thread. You guys are showing some contradicting behavior. If you don't care, don't post. Simple, right? That way, the people who do have some sympathy stand out. Thank you.[/QUOTE

It's called an opinion. You asked a question. You got an answer. I don't care what you do with your stuff, you asked, I told you.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="Making_Pudding"]

Been a 360 gamer almost exclusively for the past two years. A couple of things were revealed to me recently that made me question my choice.

The first was the fact that I'm paying $7.99 a month (or $50 per year, if you buy the card) for a service that I can't help but feel is not worth it. I mean, we don't have dedicated servers. It's all pretty much P2P. Windows Live gamers have the exact same things we have for free. Steam is free as well and some argue that it's a better service than Xbox Live. I'm paying to access the internet on my console. That makes no sense to me. PSN is free. Let's face it, PSN has only a fraction of the functionality of Xbox Live. But it's growing. It's growing and improving by the day.

The second is the PS3's features. Right now, it's around $400 for a brand new 160GB console on eBay. Let's keep in mind that the PS3 has a built-in Blu-Ray player, which costs (at the least) around $150-200. Let's also remember that it has built-in Wi-Fi, a $100 attachment for the Xbox 360. Not to mention that the 120GB hard drive for 360 costs $160. A 320GB hard drive for PS3 goes for $75. Internet browser. Can copy all the music I want from my USB drive onto my hard drive.

Then there's the whole "microsoft points" stuff. They make you buy large amounts at a time, even if what you want is only like 200 points. PSN works on real money. Exact amounts.

TL;DR: I feel ripped off by Microsoft, give me a good reason to stay.

just go man. there is no reason for us to convince you.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Making_Pudding

It's called an opinion. You asked a question. You got an answer. I don't care what you do with your stuff, you asked, I told you.
scaryteddy

I asked for reasons why I should stay, not whether it concerns you or not. Therefore, you weren't answering me. Now, if you had said, "There are no reasons for you to stay", it would have been an accepted, since you were directly addressing the question. You're correct, though. What you said was certainly your opinion. Thing is, it's your unwanted opinion. Of course, that's my opinion.

MP, you need to stop that.

If you make a topic/thread you should realize that some people would disagree with your opinion or just have a different one, by ignorine it or saying their opinion it's wrong or that you don't care you are pretty much admitting that you just want attention or that you made a topic just to see who agrees with you.

You can do what you want, it's your money, your time.
mugensur

What you're missing is that there is no "agreeing" to be done in this thread. I'm asking for reasons to stay, not whether you care or not. Of course, you can go ahead and say you don't care, it's just in your best interest to save time and not post anything, since you're contributing nothing to the conversation and your post will ultimately have no consequence.

Vudu_Line

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vudu_Line
Member since 2007 • 1571 Posts

The worst thing to ever do is trade in one system for another. Better to save up and buy the ps3 and own both consoles. Best of two worlds.RoslindaleOne

Bingo!

Newsted_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Newsted_22
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

I have both consoles, Xbox and Ps3 and after thinking about it myself alot if u'r aiming for the best out of the two, stick with ur Xbox 360. I'm not a fanboy or whatever, consoles are just plastic with motherboard inside afterall :P plus they offer pretty much the same games. What makes me think Xbox gets the upperhand is the 720p VS 1080p issue. I bought Grand Theft Auto 4, CoD4, Silent hill HC, Battlefield BC on PS3. Then I bought my Xbox so one of my friend who get pretty much the same games as I do lent me some of his to compare. I was astonished how Xbox version of ported games are awesome. All these ported titles I listed above were visually greater to look at by a large margin The very only one title that looked slightly better on PS3 was Dead Space nothing more.

I'm glad that I got a PS3 tho cause exclusives on it are awesome. I'M a hardcore fan of Metal Gear Solid (who's not?) and Little Big Planet :P But I will never again buy a "going on two consoles at the same time" game on PS3 cause they are downgrades from Xbox360 ver. I guess programmers still works with old school programming for games and don't want to mess too much around with that cell processor thingy for too long. That's just my personnal thought not a verified fact. Plus atm PSNetwork is laggy as hell compared to xbox live. I bought Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on both and PSN lags constantly while xbox live is fluid all the time. I can't remember when I lagged on live actually. On PSN, depending on the game, it lags badly. Resistance doesnt and LBP doesnt most of the time. It depends.

Go PS3 for Exclusives, BluRay, commodities of PS3 (Official Bluetooth microphone = godly compared to Xbox 360 wireless mic. and other accessories)
For 1080p function in all games go Xbox if u have a true HD tv.

I hope it helped :P

lukeevans57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lukeevans57
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts

get a decent job and buy both

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
I have aps3 and an xbox 360, I like both and they both have their upsides and downsides, but there is no reason to trade your xbox in for a ps3...The ps3's online is terrible, there are tonnes of errors and disconnects and the 'real money' works the same as points you have to put a minimum of 5 pounds on and everything is like 4.69 pounds so you have money left over which you can't spend, sony are just as bad as microsoft...there definately no reason to change to a ps3, I guess teh only reason would be because of teh HDD but you will never need that much space anyway and I guess the blu-ray player which is useful.
peacenuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 peacenuke
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
listen....i bought a 360but then i got a gift a ps3 frm my father's frnd an imbassidor....so now i hve both i dunt think u shuld waste ur time....the 360 is way better than the ps3....xbox live nd stuff all better.....i think i preffer the 360....btw..PSN too laggy!!i reccomend not to buy....
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

I asked for reasons why I should stay, not whether it concerns you or not.

Making_Pudding
No, you didn't. In fact there isn't a single questionmark in your post. You were demanding reasons. How do you react when a stranger comes along and demands answers from you about irrelevant topics?
dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
If you can afford to, why not just keep your 360, so then you have the best of both worlds and you wont miss out on exclusives.
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I think, at this point, this thread should be locked and you should start over in System Wars. Just my opinion though.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
This belongs in System Wars.