If you want XBL to be Free......

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

whoever is wanting XBL for free needs a kick in the pants, as they obviously dont understand that gaming systems, and have enver really put thier heart into any game that requires online play. Battlefield players on PC, pare known for paying for thier servers, thier vent/Teamspeak, and websites. MMORPG players pay 15/mth just to play the game, and that doesnt include the teamspeak/vent payments. some PC gamers are spending over 100/mth just to play, so a 65 buck charge for all the services that are offered.....yeah, more then reasonable. if you dont have the 65 bucks a YEAR to pay for the XBL, maybe you shouldnt have spend the hundreds on the system, as you obvious have financial issues. Thats about 5.50 per month. you cant even get a big mac meal for that supersized.....

Basically, if your complaining, because you shouldnt have to spend hundreds on a system, and then pay for online on top, remember that you are paying for the SYSTEM. you are still able to play ALL THE GAMES with out online. (except maybe Shadown Run and some RPGs, which has it stated on the back you will have to have the XBL account). Thats like saying i bought the car, i shouldnt have to pay for the gas. dont be idiots.

TENTHROW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 TENTHROW2
Member since 2002 • 1247 Posts

finally, when i thought all hope was lost - someone comes through. This man speaks the truth. 60/year is MORE than reasonable for what it offers.

I approve of this thread.

truassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 truassasin
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts
exactly, I can't believe people are whining about $60 for a year. $60 a year for amazing service and online play = good in my books.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Yeah, I don't mind paying for it at all (Although I don't have it at the moment, I screwed up my router :P )
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
Gears of war with no dedicated servers= FAIL
FearNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FearNinja
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts
Actually it is only $50 a year.
dooby95286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dooby95286
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

I think that it is very reasonable price for such a great service.

zael99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zael99
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts

finally, when i thought all hope was lost - someone comes through. This man speaks the truth. 60/year is MORE than reasonable for what it offers.

TENTHROW2

I would only find it worth it if there was the option to use dedicated servers. Right now I think that the price point is a bit high (not by much) for a P2P network.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

I don't care if it's reasonable or not. IF there is indeed a way to get Xbox Live to be free. Then so be it. I save 50 bucks a year.

I do not mind paying for it, Yes the service is great but if you can get it for free. Why not? Right?

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BikerPunk

Actually it is only $50 a year.FearNinja

sry, canadian prices....hmm.....we pay more then you do......wtf. Our dollar is almost the same now...

anyways, the dedicated server thing, i can see a point, but if you play battlefield 2 for PC, your paying anywhere from 2-5 per SLOT. per month.......calculate a 32 slot server...... thats like1-2 years of XBL.

JaguarWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JaguarWarrior
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts

Well $50 a year....

Makes up for all the illegal downloads you're doing with your torrents. ;P

DaKidLiLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaKidLiLJ
Member since 2007 • 842 Posts

I don't care if it's reasonable or not. IF there is indeed a way to get Xbox Live to be free. Then so be it. I save 50 bucks a year.

I do not mind paying for it, Yes the service is great but if you can get it for free. Why not? Right?

reubendarosa

than we have no demos or downloadable content...great idea buddy :-D n thats pretty much the only way...

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Free Hat!!!!
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

your right, in the PC side DEDICATED SERVERS ARE NOT FREE right?

On xbox live LIVE IS NOT FREE I HAVE TO PAY RIGHT? SO WHERES MY DEDICATED SERVER...it should be free

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riki101
Gears of war with no dedicated servers= FAILNaiKoN9293

i approve
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Riki101

[QUOTE="FearNinja"]Actually it is only $50 a year.BikerPunk

sry, canadian prices....hmm.....we pay more then you do......wtf. Our dollar is almost the same now...

anyways, the dedicated server thing, i can see a point, but if you play battlefield 2 for PC, your paying anywhere from 2-5 per SLOT. per month.......calculate a 32 slot server...... thats like1-2 years of XBL.

im not paying for PC, and i get dedicated servers, and if i was paying for it, atleast i own a server, i pay for live, wheres my server?
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
The last sentence of you post was perfect. The only little falw is that a car needs gas, and the 360 doesn't need online. I can't believe that people actually think that this will work. Microsoft knows that people won't stop playing especially with Halo 3 out tonight. It won't work, they make to much money off of it. I don't mind paying 50$ for a ton of gameplay fun.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
You can blah blah blah all you want. My free Gold is cancelled in two weeks. You think im gonna pay for that when i play WarHawk, RFOM, Madden, Motorstorm for free with no lag? Crazy, fricken crazy!!! I played a couple demos on live like Lost Planet, Quake 4, MotoGP "07"etc .To pay to compete is wrong imo! Sorry but you lose if you gotta pay to compete online. Besides, all i see is more demos than PSN. I still dont see why its not free.
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Riki101
what fun? getting kicked out because you canadain? getting kicked out because a host "leaves", getting lag? paying 50 dollars for a POS service? the only service im really getting is off you, and you get your service off me, we are not getting alot of service from microsoft, and we are paying them, the rest i agree
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riki101
ill be happy to pay for dedicated servers.. if the next xbox does not feature dedicated servers for live then i wont be buying that next xbox if you have to pay, ill go back to sony where some servers are dedicated and free
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

what fun? getting kicked out because you canadain? getting kicked out because a host "leaves", getting lag? paying 50 dollars for a POS service? the only service im really getting is off you, and you get your service off me, we are not getting alot of service from microsoft, and we are paying them, the rest i agreeRiki101

I do like my 360.... but the lag online is rediculous! Plus, whats up with all that Halo countdown stuff, lol. I dont wanna see that.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Riki101

[QUOTE="Riki101"]what fun? getting kicked out because you canadain? getting kicked out because a host "leaves", getting lag? paying 50 dollars for a POS service? the only service im really getting is off you, and you get your service off me, we are not getting alot of service from microsoft, and we are paying them, the rest i agreeGamersince81

I do like my 360.... but the lag online is rediculous! Plus, whats up with all that Halo countdown stuff, lol. I dont wanna see that.

lol advertisments i dont really mind, as long as its not in the way like a pop up, but lag i agree ever try playing gears with thatlame bullet lag, same goes for vegas, if you love online, PC is where its at
WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

the only reason my motto is xboxliveshouldbefree is cuz my friend told me to make it that. but im gonna go change it.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
It's not whether the price is reasonable or not, it is if the 360 wants to keep up with the Wii and the PS3 in the years to come with both of these systems offering online play for free. Obviously Xbox live is doing much better then both of them put together right now because the 360 has more games which are more fun online. Who know's the PS3 and Wii may get some really good online games in a few years and overtake Xbox live. And erm maybe unlike many of you guys but I'd prefer some thing I like free then having to pay for it.
JaguarWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JaguarWarrior
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
Hehehehehe, getting kicked off cause you're Canadian...
Avatar image for acmepes2008fifa
acmepes2008fifa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 acmepes2008fifa
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts
i want xbox live free i cant afford to pay
TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
I liked the example at the end, it's all you needed to say.
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
*starts slow clap*
comelstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 comelstr
Member since 2005 • 677 Posts
they need a swift kick in the balls
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
Remember the words of Andrew Ryan: 'A man creates, a parasite asks where's my share?' Sure, we'd all like Xbox LIVE to be free, but for the service we get, trying to get that for free would never work.
BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BikerPunk

The only games i have seen lag in is pretty much Gears of War, and Strangle Hold. A little has been noticed in NHL 08 but that game is just FUBAR at the moment when it comes to the online play.

The thing some have to remember is that there are these little ping rates that are shown when you go in the game....if everyone is green, and your showing a red.....go find another game. You connection cant be blamed on MS. examples, i always resort to battlefield 2, there are servers that i just couldnt join, either they are in some land far away that weakened my connection, or there were just too many low end connections on the game. who knows. But MS has provided the services of being ableto talk/see/text/ between games, much like Xfire for PC (which is actually free), but i dont need to worry about 2nd party programs, or needing to hotkey something to answer back. I dont need to worry about exiting out of my game, to switch Vent lines to talk to some one else, or having to put in a whole new IP addy to go to another games voice chat.

We are able to do the same things PC can do, quicker, with less hassle, and with better quality, for a small price. Everyone is forget that we are talking about $5.50 a month. thats a starbucks coffee people. ONE STARBUCKS.

linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts

we should only have to pay £30 in the uk not £40 thats almost a brand new game, more expencive in some cases

xboxlive should be less than the cheapest online game on xboxlive which is £20 i believe, you dont even get a years worth out of it because we sleep eat, have a life most of us, so we play like what maybe 5 hours a day on a work day then maybe 8/9 hours week end

now a realy good move would be pay for a year then a meter clocks up on what you play online then it just goes up they when youve played a year it ends, they could even charge a bit more money for there losses aswell id easily pay about £50 for that if you think about it you could have it for about 3 years, i didnt even play online today because of homework and other things

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

Im gonna be bankrupt by christmas buying an Xbox live gold card AND Pro Evo AND Mass Effect AND Halo 3 AND Assassins Creed

Oh and before you ask Im to young to get a dam job lousy government wont let me work

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

I quite enjoy seeing all those Gamer Tag mottos reading that they want XBOX Live to be free. These are the same people I would target with fraudulent e-mails saying "Please send me your account name and password. We've noticed some strange activity on your account and need to verify your info."

While you're at it, forward this post to all the people in your address book. For every ten people this gets sent to, Microsoft will pay you one dollar. It's totally legit. They're testing to see how far e-mails make it around the globe!!!

And be sure to cut your arm off and send it to the next state/province to your right. Once it reaches the East Coast, send it to the West Coast. By the time it gets back to you, it will be holding a Million Dollars; more than enough to have it sewn back onand make you a rich person!

Viva les chain e-mails, online urban legends and the new age of "Community Living"!

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BikerPunk

Im gonna be bankrupt by christmas buying an Xbox live gold card AND Pro Evo AND Mass Effect AND Halo 3 AND Assassins Creed

Oh and before you ask Im to young to get a dam job lousy government wont let me work

flowdee79

if you cant get a job, arent you a little young to be playing some of those games??? seeing as how they are rated M anyways? Theres this little thing called moderation, and maybe you need to pick a couple, and not buy them all.

Dtox2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dtox2005
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

there is a thing about around

if u change ur moto on live to Xbox live free for all

i donno if u herd about it so many of my friends have it well just news in Microsoft are BANNING these players so i think if u have it then take it off asap just like if u play halo 3 on live u get banned which i am keeping away from LIVE atm and using single player

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuP3R_TooT
Member since 2006 • 1691 Posts

i dont have $65 ever

i have £40 OH YEAH MY CURRENCY ROCKS WOOOO

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SuP3R_TooT

there is a thing about around

if u change ur moto on live to Xbox live free for all

i donno if u herd about it so many of my friends have it well just news in Microsoft are BANNING these players so i think if u have it then take it off asap just like if u play halo 3 on live u get banned which i am keeping away from LIVE atm and using single player

Dtox2005

idiot stop saying your lies MS have stated no players wll get banned for playing H3 early because argos over here in the uk broke street date and its not the consumers fault for argos's mistake.

mish55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#39 mish55
Member since 2005 • 6995 Posts

well, considering the ps3 has free online, why shouldnt the 360?

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SuP3R_TooT

different companys different marketing strategies

xbox= pay for online

ps3= pay through the nose for console

greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
pfft PSN is free......and its almost as good as Xbox live and will be comparable hopefully when Home launches.
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

While I'm not going to get into the core argument, it is stupid to think that changing your motto is gonna do squat when you already paid for your account. Want to get your message across to MS? Call them up and CANCEL your XBL subscription... then get a couple hundred thousand people to do the same, then maybe you'll have their attention. :roll:

call4backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 call4backup
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
ok if it were free it would SUCK...there would be NOOBS getting banned over and over again but just keep making a billion new accounts because they can...here at least u have to pay for it microsoft keep making us pay for xbl...idc ill payy it because IT IS WORTH IT
Fattman1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fattman1243
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

most of us have a life, so we play like what maybe 5 hours a day on a work day then maybe 8/9 hours week end

linkinworm

WTF?? Who plays that much xbl? I consider myself to be an avid gamer, but when you consider real life, other priorities get in the way. I am very content paying the annual fee of $50-60, but it seems easier to me to pay in small chunks of $5.50. Considering if I go out to Arby's and get the pick-5 that's $6.25!

ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

TENTHROW2

are you stupid??xbl doesnt offer anything you can get on pc for free, not to mention better....anyone that thinks the cost is justified is a complete idiot...

ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

The only games i have seen lag in is pretty much Gears of War, and Strangle Hold. A little has been noticed in NHL 08 but that game is just FUBAR at the moment when it comes to the online play.

The thing some have to remember is that there are these little ping rates that are shown when you go in the game....if everyone is green, and your showing a red.....go find another game. You connection cant be blamed on MS. examples, i always resort to battlefield 2, there are servers that i just couldnt join, either they are in some land far away that weakened my connection, or there were just too many low end connections on the game. who knows. But MS has provided the services of being ableto talk/see/text/ between games, much like Xfire for PC (which is actually free), but i dont need to worry about 2nd party programs, or needing to hotkey something to answer back. I dont need to worry about exiting out of my game, to switch Vent lines to talk to some one else, or having to put in a whole new IP addy to go to another games voice chat.

We are able to do the same things PC can do, quicker, with less hassle, and with better quality, for a small price. Everyone is forget that we are talking about $5.50 a month. thats a starbucks coffee people. ONE STARBUCKS.

BikerPunk

ms doesnt do anything about the lag, its who your playing with that makes it lag, so claiming ms doing a good job of keeping the lag down isnt true....

DarthMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarthMar
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

Free Hat!!!!hongkingkong

lolz

Live is kewl... but I wish more things were free, like episodes and music videos.

C-J-Dodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 C-J-Dodd
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
I don't mind paying but someone on Live told me if you put something along the lines of, "XBOX LIVE FREE" as your motto and something like 2000 people do it, it will be free.. I don't know if thats true but I did it...
jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
You guys dont seem to realize that xbox live cost Microsoft next to NOTHING. Think about it this way: Who needs $50 dollars more, you or the multi-billion dollar Microsoft?
BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BikerPunk

ipath4life.....you obviously didnt read that qoute of mine as i said in the 2nd paragraph that MS has nothing to do with the lag.......so telling me that, really doesnt make you look smart, infact, it kinda makes you look stupid as you arent willing to read anything, and just argue without getting all the facts from peoples messages.

Also, those who play for free on PC, are just casual gamers, as the hardercore players are the ones fronting the money. all those servers you are playing for free on, are paid by those Clans that are running them as i stated before. I also mentioned that the cross games communication can be done theough programs like Xfire, and voice through Vent and Teamspeak. The XBL is just incorperating it all into one package.

So all those who are telling me that PC is free, just shows that you have no idea of the real gaming world, and are probably the smalltime casual gamers, that dont understand the effort that is put into the clans servers, voice com, and the such.

The person who made the comment about the PS3 online being free, if you prefer the weaker of the two, then by all means go for it. Others even have commented that PS3 fails in that department currently, as for the future, i cant tell you, but currently you are getting superior service from XBL over PS3.

The fact is in the end, dont buy the system, and dont pay for the online if you hate is so much. By making the payments, and buying the system, you are just supprting the cause. so please. do us all a favor and just quit.

Oh yeah, PAYING TO PLAY KEEP THE LITTLE KIDDIES OUT!!! HAVE FUN WITH THEM ON PS3.