If Carmine Lives...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I don't know if this has been said already but, I don't think that the guys at epic will be so eager to break tradition. Seeing as all the polls are showing that everyone wants to save Carmine, I think it will turn out bad. I think that if Carmine is saved, in the game he will end up losing both his arms and legs and become a vegetable, or something along those lines. If this happens, he will still technically be alive lol. Idk if that will happen, but that seems plausible.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

:|

I'm not too sure if you're serious or not.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
If he's saved, Carmine will have his singular shining moment at some point. Like he'll probably single handedly take down a Berserker and save all of Delta squad, or something along those lines. He'll somehow save the day in spectacular fashion...I'll just say that.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I get what you're saying. I just don't think the guys at Epic expected so many people to want him to live. Now they're angry.. kinda. Anyhow, I just like that they're letting US decide this time.
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

MasterBolt360

No I am serious lol. I think that either way, something bad will happen to Carmine.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

XxChicagoTedXx

No I am serious lol. I think that either way, something bad will happen to Carmine.

I completely agree.
KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

If he's saved, Carmine will have his singular shining moment at some point. Like he'll probably single handedly take down a Berserker and save all of Delta squad, or something along those lines. He'll somehow save the day in spectacular fashion...I'll just say that.DJ_Magneto

This.

Whatever happens to him I want him to do something memorable.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I just want this Carmine to be the one that lives.

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]If he's saved, Carmine will have his singular shining moment at some point. Like he'll probably single handedly take down a Berserker and save all of Delta squad, or something along those lines. He'll somehow save the day in spectacular fashion...I'll just say that.KlepticGrooves

This.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I just want this Carmine to be the one that lives.

LegatoSkyheart
Same here. He looks like a beast compared to his brothers. He won't go as easy as them if he does die.
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

If he's saved, Carmine will have his singular shining moment at some point. Like he'll probably single handedly take down a Berserker and save all of Delta squad, or something along those lines. He'll somehow save the day in spectacular fashion...I'll just say that.DJ_Magneto

This is a pretty damn good guess.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Magneto
I get what you're saying. I just don't think the guys at Epic expected so many people to want him to live. Now they're angry.. kinda. Anyhow, I just like that they're letting US decide this time.orb_03_2006
Wait, why would they be angry? The Carmines are beloved characters by a lot of Gears heads for whatever reason, so they had to know that there would be a good possibility that people would want to save him. They wouldn't ask the people otherwise. They're prepared for the decision to go either way.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
IF he does live, i want him to do something hilarious, like shoot his foot or kill a civilian. I can picture it now.....
_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Those avatar t-shirts are such a stupid idea, yet I bet a fortune is being made off of selling them...
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="XxChicagoTedXx"]

[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

orb_03_2006

I completely agree.

Same. And I hope something bad does happen. I bought the DIE CARMINE shirt. HAR HAR! :P :evil: :oops:
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ_Magneto
Better yet...Maybe Epic won't tell us the official results of the vote to try to keep us guessing. Then, if he's saved, there will be a moment in the middle acts where it will appear as if he died. Maybe he's fighting a Berserker hand to hand or chainsaw style and a Hammer of Dawn blast appears to destroy both him and the berserker. Everyone in Delta squad has their moment to grieve for yet another Carmine and the players will throw down their controllers, immediately hop on the forums and wonder, "WTF, I thought people voted for Carmine to live!!! WAA WAA!!!!" Then the F-U's will be directed at Cliff B and Epic and the fanboy rants will go on and on and people will claim to boycott Epic and all their works and to never play Gears again. Then the first person to beat the game will come back to the forums and say, "Oh you gotta play through to the end. Carmine comes back!!!" After some "F-U SPOILER ALERT" posts people go back to the game...Turns out Carmine gets thrown from the blast and survives, slowly makes his way to wherever the final battle occurs, and when the Locust queen or the leader of the lambent is about to press the button to defeat Marcus, Delta Squad and all of humanity, a Pendulum Wars era lancer bayonet is thrust through the chest from behind. The body is thrown aside and there's Carmine. Then a dashing escape, fade to black and epilogue. Maybe Marcus standing next to Dom putting up a memorial for Maria and his family. Then weeks later late comers will still be on the forums with more "WTF, Carmine dies" topics. Followed by all manner of "NOOB" comments. Yup, this is how it will all play out.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I get what you're saying. I just don't think the guys at Epic expected so many people to want him to live. Now they're angry.. kinda. Anyhow, I just like that they're letting US decide this time.DJ_Magneto
Wait, why would they be angry? The Carmines are beloved characters by a lot of Gears heads for whatever reason, so they had to know that there would be a good possibility that people would want to save him. They wouldn't ask the people otherwise. They're prepared for the decision to go either way.

I just think that maybe they already had it in the script that he would die. But then someone came up with the idea of a campaign thing. I know they'll give us what they want, I just don't think Cliffy B will be very happy lol.
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

Those avatar t-shirts are such a stupid idea, yet I bet a fortune is being made off of selling them... _Doomsayer_

The profits are going to charity -_-

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Better yet...Maybe Epic won't tell us the official results of the vote to try to keep us guessing. Then, if he's saved, there will be a moment in the middle acts where it will appear as if he died. Maybe he's fighting a Berserker hand to hand or chainsaw style and a Hammer of Dawn blast appears to destroy both him and the berserker. Everyone in Delta squad has their moment to grieve for yet another Carmine and the players will throw down their controllers, immediately hop on the forums and wonder, "WTF, I thought people voted for Carmine to live!!! WAA WAA!!!!" Then the F-U's will be directed at Cliff B and Epic and the fanboy rants will go on and on and people will claim to boycott Epic and all their works and to never play Gears again. Then the first person to beat the game will come back to the forums and say, "Oh you gotta play through to the end. Carmine comes back!!!" After some "F-U SPOILER ALERT" posts people go back to the game...Turns out Carmine gets thrown from the blast and survives, slowly makes his way to wherever the final battle occurs, and when the Locust queen or the leader of the lambent is about to press the button to defeat Marcus, Delta Squad and all of humanity, a Pendulum Wars era lancer bayonet is thrust through the chest from behind. The body is thrown aside and there's Carmine. Then a dashing escape, fade to black and epilogue. Maybe Marcus standing next to Dom putting up a memorial for Maria and his family. Then weeks later late comers will still be on the forums with more "WTF, Carmine dies" topics. Followed by all manner of "NOOB" comments. Yup, this is how it will all play out.

lol Wow, I love how we all know how predictable Epic is. :P
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="_Doomsayer_"]Those avatar t-shirts are such a stupid idea, yet I bet a fortune is being made off of selling them... IzzieWaru

The profits are going to charity -_-

Actually, when I bought mine, in the description, it said only a portion was going to charity. LIES!!!
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ_Magneto
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I get what you're saying. I just don't think the guys at Epic expected so many people to want him to live. Now they're angry.. kinda. Anyhow, I just like that they're letting US decide this time.orb_03_2006

I just think that maybe they already had it in the script that he would die. But then someone came up with the idea of a campaign thing. I know they'll give us what they want, I just don't think Cliffy B will be very happy lol.

No I don't think so. Cliff is all about giving what the gamers want, so he wouldn't do that. He may try to mess with us in some way because he knows how fanatic fans can be. But again, this was their idea to put this vote out there, so they're prepared to go either way.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJ_Magneto
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Better yet...Maybe Epic won't tell us the official results of the vote to try to keep us guessing. Then, if he's saved, there will be a moment in the middle acts where it will appear as if he died. Maybe he's fighting a Berserker hand to hand or chainsaw style and a Hammer of Dawn blast appears to destroy both him and the berserker. Everyone in Delta squad has their moment to grieve for yet another Carmine and the players will throw down their controllers, immediately hop on the forums and wonder, "WTF, I thought people voted for Carmine to live!!! WAA WAA!!!!" Then the F-U's will be directed at Cliff B and Epic and the fanboy rants will go on and on and people will claim to boycott Epic and all their works and to never play Gears again. Then the first person to beat the game will come back to the forums and say, "Oh you gotta play through to the end. Carmine comes back!!!" After some "F-U SPOILER ALERT" posts people go back to the game...Turns out Carmine gets thrown from the blast and survives, slowly makes his way to wherever the final battle occurs, and when the Locust queen or the leader of the lambent is about to press the button to defeat Marcus, Delta Squad and all of humanity, a Pendulum Wars era lancer bayonet is thrust through the chest from behind. The body is thrown aside and there's Carmine. Then a dashing escape, fade to black and epilogue. Maybe Marcus standing next to Dom putting up a memorial for Maria and his family. Then weeks later late comers will still be on the forums with more "WTF, Carmine dies" topics. Followed by all manner of "NOOB" comments. Yup, this is how it will all play out.

lol Wow, I love how we all know how predictable Epic is. :P

I know...Come on dude, this is totally happening.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"] Wait, why would they be angry? The Carmines are beloved characters by a lot of Gears heads for whatever reason, so they had to know that there would be a good possibility that people would want to save him. They wouldn't ask the people otherwise. They're prepared for the decision to go either way.

No I don't think so. Cliff is all about giving what the gamers want, so he wouldn't do that. He may try to mess with us in some way because he knows how fanatic fans can be. But again, this was their idea to put this vote out there, so they're prepared to go either way.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just think he will have preferred for him to die, that's all.
Nick-Nack94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nick-Nack94
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]If he's saved, Carmine will have his singular shining moment at some point. Like he'll probably single handedly take down a Berserker and save all of Delta squad, or something along those lines. He'll somehow save the day in spectacular fashion...I'll just say that.KlepticGrooves

This.

Me too!

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

I don't think it'll ruin the game. He'll probably almost die but at the last second someone saves him and says, "YOU'RE Not Going Anywhere!" or something like that XD Maybe if he lives he'll end up owning ever one he sees. It'll be memorable.

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

You guys are gonna be p***ed when he dies by choking on a pretzel 5 minutes after the game starts.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 orb_03_2006

You guys are gonna be p***ed when he dies by choking on a pretzel 5 minutes after the game starts.

IzzieWaru
lmfao
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

SAVE CARMINE!

he need his revenge! for anthony and ben!!!

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
If anyone has seen Hot Tub time Machine, it should play out like the guy with the arm in that movie. They make it look like Carmine's gonna die like 50 times but then he actually emerges from incredibly dangerous situations without a scratch. Then kill him off in the very last scene hahaha.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 orb_03_2006
If anyone has seen Hot Tub time Machine, it should play out like the guy with the arm in that movie. They make it look like Carmine's gonna die like 50 times but then he actually emerges from incredibly dangerous situations without a scratch. Then kill him off in the very last scene hahaha.bluem00se
lmfao YES! That'd be hilarious!
mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

dont worry ,epic will make a way to make a profit out of this,we will probably see the the other fate of carmine through DLC

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
It's my firm belief that if Carmine lives, someone else must die -- blood must be spilled in Delta squad. It's just the way the universe works.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts
...then I'm packing up and moving to France
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I bet carmine will last the whole game, get his funny one liners and maybe his own epic moment then after the credits roll there will be a clip of him dieing in a not so heroic way. (like choking on a pretzel) He will essentially live through out the whole game pleasing one side and then kill him off to please the other side.
Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

I couldn't care less about the "tradition," and this Carmine looks too badass to die :P Although, if the vote says to let him die, then I'd want him to die in some heroic way, not like "look, a penny!" and his head goes poof.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="IzzieWaru"]

lmfao

...........Or shooting is own foot off....
FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts
They can keep him alive and then make a gears game dedicated for him ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 000000000111
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

I think that if Carmine is saved, in the game he will end up losing both his arms and legs and become a vegetable,

XxChicagoTedXx

Marcus: Clayton you're done for...

Clayton: 'Tis merely a flesh wound...

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Carmine has to continue tradition and bite the bullet!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
It would be funny if he narrowly esacped death only to be completely ground up in some sort of horrible accident.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Hehe. I kinda hope he lives.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

In the final episode, 1 carmine brother will live, and marcus will die. It'll be like saving private ryan, atleast thats what I think/hope

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scorch-62
In the final episode, 1 carmine brother will live, and marcus will die. It'll be like saving private ryan, atleast thats what I think/hopeOverlord93
Yeah, I'm thinking either Marcus or Dom would die instead. Maybe Hoffman or Anya.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Someone's going to die and it isn't going to be Carmine (according to fans). Marcus or Dom will die because Hoffman or Cole dying won't leave a huge imprint to make much of an impact. Marcus or Dom will die, Carmine will live, and that is Gears of War 3 in a nutshell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 000000000111
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts
Someone's going to die and it isn't going to be Carmine (according to fans). Marcus or Dom will die because Hoffman or Cole dying won't leave a huge imprint to make much of an impact. Marcus or Dom will die, Carmine will live, and that is Gears of War 3 in a nutshell.Elian2530
Regardless of whether Carmine lives or dies (Carmine Must Die!!!) Hoffman will definitely not make it... at least that's the feeling I'm getting from reading the books.
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
lol i bought like 80 carmine must die shirts XD
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

This.

Yea, I agree, let's see what happens in April.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 scorch-62
lol i bought like 80 carmine must die shirts XDgundaicut
You can do that?
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#48 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

I don't know if this has been said already but, I don't think that the guys at epic will be so eager to break tradition. Seeing as all the polls are showing that everyone wants to save Carmine, I think it will turn out bad. I think that if Carmine is saved, in the game he will end up losing both his arms and legs and become a vegetable, or something along those lines. If this happens, he will still technically be alive lol. Idk if that will happen, but that seems plausible.

XxChicagoTedXx

Again...what tradition?

Tradition (real meanings, not some new 1 year old meanings):

* the handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, esp. by word of mouth or by practice
* something that is handed down
* a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting

This is Gears of War. Not even past 4 years. They did it in two games, big deal. The first one was an actual failure. Anthony Carmine was supposed to be "the most voted in his (insert word that is breaking gamespot's code related to the word: room in a school) to get shot" and he did. Benjamin was new, but he was still good for being a noob. That worm took down cities, I am sure Carmine was not too hard for it. This Carmine made it to be one of the last Gears alive, I am sure he has skills slightly less than that of Marcus, Dom, equal to that of Baird and Cole, and definitely more than Anya, who has been a secretary sitting in an office the whole time. If SHE does not get killed, I do not see how Clayton Carmine should die. And no. Just because she is a girl does not entitle her to live =_=". Maria died, after all.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

IRC Wasn't there TWO Carmine brothers left? If they are I bet they are like two badass's that save the day all the time....or two green as grass new guys.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#50 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

IRC Wasn't there TWO Carmine brothers left? If they are I bet they are like two badass's that save the day all the time....or two green as grass new guys.

Bardock47

I hope the former is true, and the latter is false. But yea, I think you stumbled on to something there. 4 Carmines, 2 pairs of total mirrors. One pair of newbs, one pair of total pros.