I want to buy some DLC, but from another console.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

Just as the topic name says, I want to buy some DLC for Saints Row 3, but I'm not using my Xbox. I want to know if its possible to transfer the License to my Xbox for just the DLC at a later date. I know that if I'm always signed into Live it won't be an issue, but I hate the idea of not having access to that content in the event that I don't have internet access.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Pretty sure DLC always goes down the toilet if you're not online. Of course, you'll need to be logged into your own Gamertag(I used to keep mine on a usb thumbdrive) when you make the purchase.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

The DRM is based on the console it was downloaded to... you can use it on other consoles providing you're logged on... but offline it's un-usable.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Just as the topic name says, I want to buy some DLC for Saints Row 3, but I'm not using my Xbox. I want to know if its possible to transfer the License to my Xbox for just the DLC at a later date. I know that if I'm always signed into Live it won't be an issue, but I hate the idea of not having access to that content in the event that I don't have internet access.

SonicX_89

The correct answer is this.....

Anything you buy is tied to your gamertag, if you need to buy content on another console you can transfer the license to your own console later.

You are never "stuck" always playing content online that you buy on other consoles.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Pretty sure DLC always goes down the toilet if you're not online. Of course, you'll need to be logged into your own Gamertag(I used to keep mine on a usb thumbdrive) when you make the purchase.

El_Zo1212o
DLC works offline on the console you purchased it on. If you have bought DLC on different consoles, you can always do a license transfer to get them all working offline on one Xbox.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

^ Does that work with Arcade games, too?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

^ Does that work with Arcade games, too?

El_Zo1212o

Yes. The license transfer was the first thing I did when I bought the Xbox 360 S. Just incase my internet goes down, or when I'll take my console to my vacation home. Even other gamertags on your console could access those games to play on, or offline. As long as the games licenses are on it.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content