i used to hate jeff, but what was done is wrong.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spartan----117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 spartan----117
Member since 2006 • 5255 Posts

COME BACK JEFF WE MISS YOU

.... well i do

subscription cancelled :D

take it GS

nickoftime8593

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nickoftime8593
Member since 2006 • 733 Posts
i have to agree. bad move.
Sigmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sigmond
Member since 2003 • 69 Posts
HE was fired or quit.. Do you have definitive proof that he was fired because of the review? Simple question with a yes or no answer actually.
TimmonsP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 TimmonsP
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Eh..what does this have to do with the 360? Correct me if i'm wrong but should this not go in another place like off-topic or something?
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
ya i just tried to do a 1.0 review but it's disabled.
Sigmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sigmond
Member since 2003 • 69 Posts
It's true this should be somewhere else. And the 1.0 reviews are equal to spam that's why it's disabled. Because they're trying to cut down on spam. I mean look at all the pages a 1.0 reviews.. and all of them arn't reviews. They're just mindless "For Jeff" dribble.
eph99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eph99
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hell, I'm going to get a subscription just so I can have the satisfaction of cancelling and if the charges go through, I'll dispute them until they are reversed.

What a joke. You don't do someone like that. i don't care who or which company - you don't dip that far into the corruption sesspool. Shame on you, GS.

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts

Hell, I'm going to get a subscription just so I can have the satisfaction of cancelling and if the charges go through, I'll dispute them until they are reversed.

What a joke. You don't do someone like that. i don't care who or which company - you don't dip that far into the corruption sesspool. Shame on you, GS.

eph99

Same for me.. now how bout IGN?

FuriaRi0T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FuriaRi0T
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

"Shacknews can confidently confirm via its own sources that Gerstmann was indeed fired yesterday from his position at GameSpot. The source declined to comment as to whether the firing was directly related to the reported Eidos situation, but the circumstances are suspicious at the least."

www.shacknews.com

Yes, he was fired... But because of the Eidos thing?... My guess is he posted his review without permission, and that's what led to the layoff. Either way, advertisement leverage in a "non bias'd" review side... F*#) you gamespot...

Avatar image for peachy_dagansta
peachy_dagansta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 peachy_dagansta
Member since 2005 • 2103 Posts
what happened.
baronOdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 baronOdoom
Member since 2006 • 1651 Posts
FREE JEFF
d3c1m8r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 d3c1m8r
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts
My subscription has been cancelled. Gamespot and CNET can stick it where the sun don't shine. Wait... there is probably something already there... but that is another story.
wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
IGN FTW, i just use gs for the boards, i never look at their reviews or news
RZArectah1073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RZArectah1073
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts

ok, first of all, the big deal is that Gamespot is actually owned by a parent company, CNET. So, CNET was paid to let Eidos advertise their Kane and Lynch game all over Gamespot. Because Jeff gave an honest review about how the game was terrible, the people at Eidos made sure he was fired because he gave their game a bad name. How does not worry you? I mean, I don't blame the editors in this, but if they want to keep their jobs then they if a company is paying Gamespot/CNET to advertise on their website (example: Eidos), then the editors have to give a positive review, and in some cases, skewed review of the game so that they don't anger the company and very likely get fired in Jeff's case. This questions the entire integrity of the whole site! If you don't care about supporting Jeff, then you should at least be able to realize that the reviews on Gamespot are really only going downhill from here.

Here's the story from Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/gamespot-editor-fired-over-kane--lynch-review-328244.php

Also, another article from Kotaku stated that an anonymous employee who claims to be working at Gamespot had a lot of other information about the whole deal. I'll put up the link, but not the whole thing because it's too long.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/alleged-gamespot-employee-spills-guts-on-valleywag-328797.php

RZArectah1073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RZArectah1073
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts
Also, it says in the second article that before a review is put, the entire editing team has a look at it and if all of them (or majority I guess) agree with it, then it goes up. So, Jeff's review was OK'ed by everyone else, but Eidos didn't like the bad rep.
Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

So I wonder how much Bungie paid GS for their perfect 10 ranking. H3 was nothing more than a polished H2.

It's nice to see that you kids are seeing corruption in one of it's most raw forms, and speaking about it though. Right now you may only see it at GS, but I promise it's everywhere. Washington, what happened to New Orleans, Vietnam, etc. Maybe this, in some way, will show young adults that our words mean something. Hopefully GS makes this right, but there is no reason to not the fight power if it's corrupt or unfair.

Absolute power (money) rules absolutley.

faisal_a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 faisal_a3
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
Bring Jeff Back!
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
It was a long time coming. Some of his reviews were just a tad biased.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Gamespot SUCKS for doing this.

**** this garbage site.

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.soulfood4

I doubt that. Somebody equally crap will probably get hired just for convenience.

angilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angilk
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
GAMESPOT SUCKS NOW. i am switching to ign.....
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soulfood4

[QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.Louis_Routledge

I doubt that. Somebody equally crap will probably get hired just for convenience.

True but jeff was known, a new guy is well just a new guy. No one will care about his opinion.
tehroxxors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tehroxxors
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.soulfood4

Now all the reviews will be bought & paid for. What good is that?

United_We_Fall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 United_We_Fall
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

Gamespot SUCKS for doing this.

**** this garbage site.

ParadiseAwaits
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts
he talked about how the story wasnt that great.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soulfood4
[QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.GlassDominion

I know but the story was great. And all those idiots who posted reviews for Kane and Lynch are just as bad as Jeff. I played kane and Lynch and beat it, and the story was great. People who defend Jeff are just stupid. If your worried about reviews being bought, dont go to GameSpot. But dont defend the Pilsbury Dough Boy over it.
thoma7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 thoma7500
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
[QUOTE="Louis_Routledge"]

[QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.soulfood4

True but jeff was known, a new guy is well just a new guy. No one will care about his opinion.

YOUR SIG IS SO FUNNY

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pageiszepplin
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.soulfood4

I know but the story was great. And all those idiots who posted reviews for Kane and Lynch are just as bad as Jeff. I played kane and Lynch and beat it, and the story was great. People who defend Jeff are just stupid. If your worried about reviews being bought, dont go to GameSpot. But dont defend the Pilsbury Dough Boy over it.

I don't think they are defending Jeff so much as they are defending the way he was fired. This is how i see it.

Jeff has had his ups and downs (my favorite thing he did was the marathon on Mario Galaxy), he seems to have upset everyone here at Gamespot once or twice for negatively reviewing a game that deserved a better score. Everyone has called for him to be fired every now and then.

Now he reviewed a game that, from everyone i know that has played it, and other review sites is terrible. He finally made a review that people can agree on. But Eidos gave too much money to Cnet and Gamespot advertised it to be amazing, but the review said otherwise. He got fired because he disagreed with the boss and didn't give it a higher score. That is like Nazi Germany where if you didn't do what they want you were killed.

People are realizing with this that GS reviews cannot be trusted. How would you like to lose your job for speaking your mind

adam-99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 adam-99
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

[QUOTE="soulfood4"][QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.pageiszepplin

I don't think they are defending Jeff so much as they are defending the way he was fired. This is how i see it.

Jeff has had his ups and downs (my favorite thing he did was the marathon on Mario Galaxy), he seems to have upset everyone here at Gamespot once or twice for negatively reviewing a game that deserved a better score. Everyone has called for him to be fired every now and then.

Now he reviewed a game that, from everyone i know that has played it, and other review sites is terrible. He finally made a review that people can agree on. But Eidos gave too much money to Cnet and Gamespot advertised it to be amazing, but the review said otherwise. He got fired because he disagreed with the boss and didn't give it a higher score. That is like Nazi Germany where if you didn't do what they want you were killed.

People are realizing with this that GS reviews cannot be trusted. How would you like to lose your job for speaking your mind

ameni always trusted jeff's reviews, but with him gone all htere is is alex. the rest kinda suck. that is the stupidest reason to fire someone ihave ever heard of.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]Jeff deserves to be fired. Did you watch his review? It was terrible he only mentioned terrible things and didnt mention how great the story was or anything. Thank God hes gone, now Gamespot became a little better.soulfood4

and your opinion isnt fact.

a review is an opinion not a fact. Jeff obviously hated the story.

get over the fact that he can have an opinion too.