I think religion should be put in video games (poll).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gomer69
Member since 2003 • 1254 Posts
Hear me out.

It would be a good way to wise up todays broken youth. maybe make it manditory for every game to be approved by the church, and make it so that at least 15-25% of all gaming content in games has to do with christanity. I think this would force people to learn morals, and save many from hell. let's face it, as it is, most people are damned. I'd be interested in hearing a second opinion.

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).
Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wallace_Green
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts

and christanity is the correct religion?

BTW hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silosorz
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
I don't believe in god.
gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gomer69
crap i meant to put this in Off topic, o well...

still be interested in hearing educated arguments.
Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wallace_Green

I don't believe in god.Silosorz

LMAO you tjust owned the TC

fisher289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 fisher289
Member since 2003 • 332 Posts
I mean I enjoy a good fairy tale now and again too but I mean in every video game it would be annoying I mean look at shrek and all these movies coming out
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
im a devoted Christian but even i think thats a stupid idea. America is about freedom of religion and forcing your religion on ppl isnt right.
zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 zikeria
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

ummmm... lol, wtf...?...?...?...?

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

There should be absolutely no religion in video games.

What about the people who aren't Christians? Why should they be forced to learn about a religion they aren't apart of?

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gomer69

[QUOTE="Silosorz"]I don't believe in god.Wallace_Green

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

there proof he does exist. btw, this type of nonsense, talk is exactly why there is so much crime in today's youth. I feel pity for you, I wish I could show you what it is like to be loved by God...
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

There should be absolutely no religion in video games.

What about the people who aren't Christians? Why should they be forced to learn about a religion they aren't apart of?

Trickshot771

agreed , i mean im no christian and if this ever happened....i would throw my 360 out my window not even thinking that i payed 500$ for it or the fact that videogames have fallen that far that they have to force a religion on people...JUST NO! 

Avatar image for N00bOfAllTrades
N00bOfAllTrades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 N00bOfAllTrades
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
I think religion in games would be fine for an optional story line (any kind too), but it surely shouldn't be forced.. epecially one certain religion.
fisher289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fisher289

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/thebiblegame/index.html?q=the%20bible%20game&tag=result;title;0

have fun 

Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wallace_Green
Next time TC give me a non-bias source.
Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silosorz
[QUOTE="Wallace_Green"]

[QUOTE="Silosorz"]I don't believe in god.gomer69

there proof he does exist. btw, this type of nonsense, talk is exactly why there is so much crime in today's youth. I feel pity for you, I wish I could show you what it is like to be loved by God...

Now I'm no genious, but hasn't science proved these things? Nah let's not look at the facts, let's take the easy way out and just say god is the reason.

LET THERE BE LIGHT 

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts

Hear me out.

It would be a good way to wise up todays broken youth. maybe make it manditory for every game to be approved by the church, and make it so that at least 15-25% of all gaming content in games has to do with christanity. I think this would force people to learn morals, and save many from hell. let's face it, as it is, most people are damned. I'd be interested in hearing a second opinion.

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).gomer69

Please tell me, are you one of those evangelical Americans that just wants to implement the religion of Christianity on everyone even though there are other religions in the the world yet you are too ignorant of other peoples cultures? I mean for God's sake (no pun intended) you spelled your own religion's name wrong. Broken youth? I agree. You best illustrate that group of people. Ignorance.  

rambo2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rambo2007
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
I clearly understand and agree with you TC but nobody else will probably and this topic will just get mad
KainKanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 KainKanos
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
I'm Christian to start off and I think this goes into the realm of fanatic.  Pushing religion on peolpe is not going to teach people about morals.  In fact it might turn some people away from it.  Nothing bothers me more than people pushing ideas on the masses.  Look at history and how that turned out for some. 
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
[QUOTE="Wallace_Green"]

You think that is going to convince people who don't believe in God that there is one? Don't think so. 

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gomer69
im a devoted Christian but even i think thats a stupid idea. America is about freedom of religion and forcing your religion on ppl isnt right.sonofabear17

Well this is a pretty loose argument. I mean laws are enforced with guns, to reduce crime. I mean no one can argue the more Christian someone is the less likely they are to commit a crime, that's pretty much common sense. So instead of using guns and violence to reduce crimes, why no just control the mass media? I mean the stories in the bible are really quite fantastic, if you think about it, they have been around for much longer than even shakespeare, therefore they are pretty much the most interesting stories you can read (don't you think by now they would have been changed if they were boring? and also there is lots of action in the bible if you havent read it before).
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

definetly not

i believe in a higher power but not a god. stop trying to shove religion down peoples throats. thisll get locked in a minute 

MysticDynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 MysticDynamite
Member since 2006 • 2013 Posts

There already is religion in video games (The Bible game for the NES, Doom 3 has demonic symbols, as do many other games).

But base video games on a religion?  No.

zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zikeria

[QUOTE="gomer69"]Hear me out.

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).killercuts3

Please tell me, are you one of those evangelical Americans that just wants to implement the religion of Christianity on everyone even though there are other religions in the the world yet you are too ignorant of other peoples cultures? I mean for God's sake (no pun intended) you spelled your own religion's name wrong. Broken youth? I agree. You best illustrate that group of people. Ignorance.

nice...I agree wit ya.

and believe me RELIGION IS NOT GOING TO HELP the type of youth today.

trust me, I am in High School, 16 yrs old. I don't do drugs or anything, no crimes no nothing.

but yet I see all these kids running around saying I got a job on wednesday, and church on sunday, and then... OMG it is 420 tomorrow....

if you get what I mean...religion won't help the youth of today...or atleast 90 percent of it.

fisher289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fisher289

that doesnt make sense

christians commit crimes too what about all those prisioners who have a life filled with god and where crusifixes huh and what about those priests back in the day

and lets all not forget the Giant Spider you guys worship 

Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
[QUOTE="killercuts3"]

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).zikeria

Please tell me, are you one of those evangelical Americans that just wants to implement the religion of Christianity on everyone even though there are other religions in the the world yet you are too ignorant of other peoples cultures? I mean for God's sake (no pun intended) you spelled your own religion's name wrong. Broken youth? I agree. You best illustrate that group of people. Ignorance.

nice...I agree wit ya.

trust me, I am in High School, 16 yrs old. I don't do drugs or anything, no crimes no nothing.

but yet I see all these kids running around saying I got a job on wednesday, and church on sunday, and then... OMG it is 420 tomorrow....

if you get what I mean...religion won't help the youth of today...or atleast 90 percent of it.

yeah same here man. im 16, in high school and i swear, at least 80%of my school smokes pot. it seems our generation is doomed but at least theres people like us. we'll be the top of the chain and we can do that WITHOUT RELIGION
Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hyper-Chicken
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts
im a devoted Christian but even i think thats a stupid idea. America is about freedom of religion and forcing your religion on ppl isnt right.sonofabear17
Hey....I've seen you in Doom!....uh...I think... To TC, religion in games is terrible, lots of people aren't christian or aren't religious (like me) and I hate having religion pushed on me. And it wouldn't work for most genres, like FPS's, Fighting games, space shooters, racers etc. Imagine Gears if it had heavy christain over-tones................yeah thats scary. And the games would sell terribly.
gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gomer69

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).killercuts3

Please tell me, are you one of those evangelical Americans that just wants to implement the religion of Christianity on everyone even though there are other religions in the the world yet you are too ignorant of other peoples cultures? I mean for God's sake (no pun intended) you spelled your own religion's name wrong. Broken youth? I agree. You best illustrate that group of people. Ignorance.  

You call me ignorant? yet you'll never see a christian do a suicide attack, look up your facts, btw 2 billion people around the world are christian, you think so many people would believe something that wasnt true?
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="Wallace_Green"]

Theres no proof if he does or doesn't exist. It's all faith and belief. I'm Catholic and believe in God for the msot part, but don't impose your opinions on other people just because they don't believe in God. They're just as sane and intelligent as you, and they're not wrong to not believe in God. And btw to get back on topic having to have games approved by the Catholic Church would suck, badly.
hugoballs567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hugoballs567
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
lokk kids are not any worse then they were 100 years ago.  religion does not make peopole better any way  look at all those priests molesting kids
fisher289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fisher289

smoking pot and drinking dont go against the bible in anyway

so how does that even come up in conversation and just because someone smokes pot doenst mean they are trouble. Do you call every parent or adult you see smoking or drinking troubled no you dont  

zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zikeria
[QUOTE="killercuts3"]

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).gomer69

You call me ignorant? yet you'll never see a christian do a suicide attack, look up your facts, btw 2 billion people around the world are christian, you think so many people would believe something that wasnt true?

lol. I LAUGH AT PPL LIKE YOU....

why do you believe in things you have no proof of...?????

I choose my decisions based on FACTS AND EVIDENCE.

so far all I have seen is either BS or fake made up CRAP... 

statzkillr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 statzkillr
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts
Go be an hero, it's becuse of people like you that there is war. Dont force your relegion on me, by the way adults realy shouldn't have imaginary friends. By all means practice your religion but keep it in it's respective place and out of my games.
Hear me out.

Calvin200669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Calvin200669
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
Religion should not be put into video games. It will be too controversial, not everyone is Christian.
zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zikeria

smoking pot and drinking dont go against the bible in anyway

so how does that even come up in conversation and just because someone smokes pot doenst mean they are trouble. Do you call every parent or adult you see smoking or drinking troubled no you dont

fisher289

if it is one type of person I despise in this world it is a druggy.

I don't care if you are the smartest kid in the world, if you do drugs, then I hope you burn in hell.:D 

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gomer69

that doesnt make sense

christians commit crimes too what about all those prisioners who have a life filled with god and where crusifixes huh and what about those priests back in the day

fisher289

Wrong those criminals only find God after going to jail, then they are healed. They would not commit crimes if they were christian, before they went to prison.
Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hyper-Chicken
[QUOTE="zikeria"][QUOTE="killercuts3"]

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).Spartan874

nice...I agree wit ya.

yeah same here man. im 16, in high school and i swear, at least 80%of my school smokes pot. it seems our generation is doomed but at least theres people like us. we'll be the top of the chain and we can do that WITHOUT RELIGION

At my school, its the same thing! I don't smoke, do drugs drink or do crimes, but 60% of the grade 9's and 10's at my school are like "f*** you...hahaha lets smoke more dope!" and I've seen kids snort cocain too. :?
jedimaster332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jedimaster332
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

BIBLE THUMPER!!!!

zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zikeria
[QUOTE="Spartan874"][QUOTE="zikeria"][QUOTE="killercuts3"]

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).Hyper-Chicken

nice...I agree wit ya.

At my school, its the same thing! I don't smoke, do drugs drink or do crimes, but 60% of the grade 9's and 10's at my school are like "f*** you...hahaha lets smoke more dope!" and I've seen kids snort cocain too. :?

how come I don't see more ppl like you guys....:(  it is a sad world indeed.

SteeleInd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SteeleInd
Member since 2005 • 913 Posts

This is where christianity gets annoying to me. People tell me that I hate christianity, but I don't. I hate people who PUSH christianity on others, and are so closed-minded that they think that only people who believe in god are right, everyone else is wrong and is ignorant.

Just because you believe something doesn't mean everyone has to. Take your poll somewhere else.

Friggin Biblethumpers. 

Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silosorz
[QUOTE="killercuts3"]

Everybody believes it so it MUST be true! I bet you there's just as many people who aren't Christian.

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gomer69
[QUOTE="Hyper-Chicken"][QUOTE="Spartan874"][QUOTE="zikeria"][QUOTE="killercuts3"]

(video games are a popular, and powerful fad, I really think this could do good, as many people would be influenced by the word).zikeria

nice...I agree wit ya.

how come I don't see more ppl like you guys....:(  it is a sad world indeed.

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. (Psalms 9:10)
Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hyper-Chicken
[QUOTE="fisher289"]

that doesnt make sense

gomer69

Wrong those criminals only find God after going to jail, then they are healed. They would commit crimes if they were christian, before they went to prison.

Lol your ignorant. Some criminals are very religious and they kill. And In the states there was that woman who killed her husband.....and her husband was a Priest!!!
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

You evangelical type Christians piss me off so much, judging others, holding yourself in such high esteem, grow up and learn the first fundamental of most religions... piety and humbleness.

Now begone.

Oh and Christians never do anything  wrong. :roll: 

zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zikeria

This is where christianity gets annoying to me. People tell me that I hate christianity, but I don't. I hate people who PUSH christianity on others, and are so closed-minded that they think that only people who believe in god are right, everyone else is wrong and is ignorant.

Just because you believe something doesn't mean everyone has to. Take your poll somewhere else.

Friggin Biblethumpers. 

SteeleInd

I agree with you, BUT, christianity is not the only religion to do the things you said. ALL RELIGIONS ARE BIASED...and the ppl that follow them are morons who more than 90 percent of the time take it the wrong way. 

Avatar image for masterchief9111
masterchief9111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 masterchief9111
Member since 2005 • 119 Posts
just so you know there aren't even 2 billion people in the whole world. also this is absolute nonsense what christians dont do suicide attacks? oh my god so youre saying the other religions are just a load of kamikazes and that the holy god is the way to go? IN VIDEO GAMES!?!? yeah right go read your bible and leave man absolute non-sense i can't believe this
sansglitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sansglitch
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

As for forcing religion to appear in video games, no I don't think that should happen.  If people want to develop religion based gamed that's fine.  there's a market for that.  but there should NEVER be regulations regarding a certain religion quota.

As for you ladies and gents that are in high-school and it seems like the whole world is on drugs or are drowning in various other social problems, just give it time.  I've been out of High School for five years, post college, first year in the working world. Trust me, there will always be life-long druggies (the kind you worry about and wish you could help), but the vast majority DO grow up.  They'll realize at some point that screwing around in all of that create too many obstacles to living a successful life.  There's hope guys.

gomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gomer69
[QUOTE="gomer69"][QUOTE="fisher289"]

that doesnt make sense

Hyper-Chicken

Wrong those criminals only find God after going to jail, then they are healed. They would commit crimes if they were christian, before they went to prison.

Lol your ignorant. Some criminals are very religious and they kill. And In the states there was that woman who killed her husband.....and her husband was a Priest!!!

So what he was christian she was not, it's not like he killed her, and if she was christian she would not have done it.
thechedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 thechedude
Member since 2005 • 790 Posts

No.

Religion would ruin video games for good.. just like content censoring and micro transactions  

zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zikeria

just so you know there aren't even 2 billion people in the whole world. also this is absolute nonsense what christians dont do suicide attacks? oh my god so youre saying the other religions are just a load of kamikazes and that the holy god is the way to go? IN VIDEO GAMES!?!? yeah right go read your bible and leave man absolute non-sense i can't believe thismasterchief9111

ummm..the world's population exceeds more than 6 billion ppl.

china and india alone have more than a billion ppl. 

Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hyper-Chicken
just so you know there aren't even 2 billion people in the whole world. also this is absolute nonsense what christians dont do suicide attacks? oh my god so youre saying the other religions are just a load of kamikazes and that the holy god is the way to go? IN VIDEO GAMES!?!? yeah right go read your bible and leave man absolute non-sense i can't believe thismasterchief9111
Lawl there's 6 billion.