I think our beloved HD-DVD is dead.

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well?
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? black_awpN1
I agree but M$ will never use BD, it's a Sony product.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
HD-DVD is gonna die sooner or later, but MS won't use Blu-ray for games, they don't even use hd-dvds. Maybe for some future consoles, but the 360 will always use dvds.
TrustCo1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrustCo1971
Member since 2006 • 1721 Posts

[QUOTE="black_awpN1"]if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? gatsbythepig

Yea...but isnt HDMI sony as well? I think all this hd dvd and bluray dvd stuff is rediculous. Why is it , consoles cant just stick to being gaming machines? 

shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shotputking

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? TrustCo1971

Yea...but isnt HDMI sony as well? I think all this hd dvd and bluray dvd stuff is rediculous. Why is it , consoles cant just stick to being gaming machines? 

hdmi isn't a sony product... they pushed hdmi so hard because they can sell the extra cables, and because the 360 didn't originally include an hdmi output.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

[QUOTE="black_awpN1"]if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? gatsbythepig

And Sony PC's come loaded with Windows so your point is?.....Ultimately it's going to come down to which format wins out. If it's blu-ray then we can expect MS to use it at some point or another. I doubt we will see a blu-ray add on for the 360 though. I think we will see disc swapping before we see 360 games on blu-ray this generation.

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
Windows Vista being an MS product doesn't seem to stop Sony from putting it on their Vaio laptops.  If BD wins the format war, everyone will use it.  For about 3 years, before everything becomes stored on drives and people no longer use discs for movies, simliar to how mp3 players are slaughtering CD players now.  

Then the world ends in 2012 and everyone fails.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shotputking
Windows Vista being an MS product doesn't seem to stop Sony from putting it on their Vaio laptops.  If BD wins the format war, everyone will use it.  For about 3 years, before everything becomes stored on drives and people no longer use discs for movies, simliar to how mp3 players are slaughtering CD players now.  

Then the world ends in 2012 and everyone fails.ClandestineZero
exactly... blu-ray and hd-dvd are going to go the way of the cd-player... we're already seeing it with downloadable demos, downloadable content etc... as more and more people are equipped with cable internet, i wouldn't be suprised if the next generation of consoles didn't sell any kind of disks at all.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

no it's not, sony doesn't own blu-ray, there just a big supporter of it just like almost everybody els. 

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Hmmm downloadable content is coming but I dont think it will be prevalent until next generation... ALL consoles right now are disc based with the OPTION to download.... it'll be a nother 5-10 years before people embrace downloadable content.... CDs STILL greatly outsell downloadable music... I have a feeling that this format war will be like the burnable DVD format war... in a year or two all the players will be able to play either blu ray and hddvd, eliminating the need for the consumer to make a decision either way.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shotputking
Hmmm downloadable content is coming but I dont think it will be prevalent until next generation... ALL consoles right now are disc based with the OPTION to download.... it'll be a nother 5-10 years before people embrace downloadable content.... CDs STILL greatly outsell downloadable music... I have a feeling that this format war will be like the burnable DVD format war... in a year or two all the players will be able to play either blu ray and hddvd, eliminating the need for the consumer to make a decision either way.ajefferism
do cds outsell LEGALLY downloaded music, or do cd players outsell mp3 players? and is that worldwide, or in the u.s.? and yeah, as far as movies go, LG already has a combo player... another company has already created a chip that can read both hd-dvd discs and blu-ray discs... this war is more of a hype war than anything at this point.
Recon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Recon13
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts
Doesn't matter to me...  Even if the 360 had the HD DVD built in I still wouldn't use it to watch movies..  I never use consoles to watch movies..
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.shotputking
  Yeah you guys have fun downloading 40 gig per movie.  Not to mention that people like brining a movie to their freinds house to watch together or  renting something from a store on the fly.  "Cool! only 5 more hours before we can watch the movie!!!  Why dont we take a nap first?"  Downloading movies will work for some people but not all.
MuNnY1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MuNnY1212
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.shotputking
Thats why M$ will win in the long run they have the xblm
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Blu-ray is doing better than HD-DVD because of the PS3, that's it. Microsoft will probably change format, and maybe to blu-ray if it is a success. Or maybe we will just download the games and play them off our hard drive or something.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shotputking
[QUOTE="shotputking"]hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.TOSgamer10
  Yeah you guys have fun downloading 40 gig per movie.  Not to mention that people like brining a movie to their freinds house to watch together or  renting something from a store on the fly.  "Cool! only 5 more hours before we can watch the movie!!!  Why dont we take a nap first?"  Downloading movies will work for some people but not all.

yeah, you're right... technology never improves over time... especially internet technology. i was just talking to someone the other day about how cool it would be to have an internet connection that is faster than the 26.4 kbps we have now... oh wait, actually my connection is 100 Mbps? when did that happen? oh well, i guess that's the ABSOLUTE FASTEST it will ever be, because technology never ever improves.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
It really is sad, because if BluRay wins, it just means Sony will jack up the royalties they earn on the media and drives to astronomical levels and we'll be paying $100/disc for it. :evil:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
havent LG already made a machine that can play both HD DVD and Blu-Ray.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

[QUOTE="TOSgamer10"][QUOTE="shotputking"]hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.shotputking

yeah, you're right... technology never improves over time... especially internet technology. i was just talking to someone the other day about how cool it would be to have an internet connection that is faster than the 26.4 kbps we have now... oh wait, actually my connection is 100 Mbps? when did that happen? oh well, i guess that's the ABSOLUTE FASTEST it will ever be, because technology never ever improves.

What you're saying doesn't apply to the mainstream consumer though. You do realize that some people still use dial-up right? Better yet, you do realize that some people don't have pc's. 

bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
Sony ownes one third of it. It was Sony and 2 other companies who made it. So yes, it's theirs
MahlerFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MahlerFreak
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
It doesn't really matter anyway HDTV is in about 10-15% of households. When HDTV fully takes over CRT in households something better will already be available.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 codezer0
havent LG already made a machine that can play both HD DVD and Blu-Ray.clyde46
Problem is, it only has complete player support for BD movies - it only supports very basic playback functions for HD-DVD media.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
I fail to see what HD DVD has to do with the Xbox 360.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 codezer0
It doesn't really matter anyway HDTV is in about 10-15% of households. When HDTV fully takes over CRT in households something better will already be available. MahlerFreak
Last figures I heard, HDTV was currently in about 30% of TV-equipped homes globally.
a-man-called-e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 a-man-called-e
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
you know that microsoft is willing to change any hd-dvd sold for a new blu-ray for the xbox360?
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

[QUOTE="MahlerFreak"]It doesn't really matter anyway HDTV is in about 10-15% of households. When HDTV fully takes over CRT in households something better will already be available. codezer0
Last figures I heard, HDTV was currently in about 30% of TV-equipped homes globally.

There is no way that nearly a third of all homes with TVs have HDTVs!   Out of all my friends and family, there is only 1 HDTV, and that is a recent addition!

And as for movies and games being strictly distributed by downloads, won't happen for at least 10 years.  It won't happen until everyone in North America has access to broadband internet.  It will be at the very least 10 years before the required infrastructure could be in place for that.  If it happens any sonner, the companies will be alienating far too many people.  You have to think that there are still many people converting from VHS to DVD yet!  It will be a long time before movies and games become exclusively downloads.

TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
[QUOTE="MahlerFreak"]It doesn't really matter anyway HDTV is in about 10-15% of households. When HDTV fully takes over CRT in households something better will already be available. codezer0

yep I heard it was around 25% to 30% in the US at least and growing everyday.
ctifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ctifer1
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts

[QUOTE="shotputking"]hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.TOSgamer10
  Yeah you guys have fun downloading 40 gig per movie. 

40 Gigs might sound like a lot to you now, but in 10 years, that'll be nothing to download.  Fiber Optics are much faster than current cable speeds. And I don't even know what's coming down the pipeline in the near future, but one thing I'm sure of is that we're nowhere near our maximum capabilities when it comes to download speeds.

10 years ago, 100 Mb files were considered pretty big.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Its a shame, because my friend has a ps3 and a 360 ( I sold my ps3 till metal gear drops) and he watches movies on the 360 with the HD DVD add on instead of his ps3 with blu ray. And couldnt agree with him more, as far as quality goes for HD movies... its not even close... HD DVD has MUCh better picture then Blu ray.
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts

This makes no sense at all. Is like saying,"sony will never use windows, it's a Microsoft product". MS has already said they might adapt BlueRay in the future.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="MahlerFreak"]It doesn't really matter anyway HDTV is in about 10-15% of households. When HDTV fully takes over CRT in households something better will already be available. TOSgamer10

yep I heard it was around 25% to 30% in the US at least and growing everyday.

Yeah I read the same, around 25 - 30 % for the US and around 20% for most other major countries.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
MS is doing pretty good with their video marketplace service. They may just say screw the HD disc formats and concentrate on video downloads. I rent a HD movie every couple weeks off it. If they would just drop the price for new HD releases from like $6 to $4, I'd rent a ton more.
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts

They stated last CES that they would only support it if HDDVD decided not to support HDDVD.
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts

Then the world ends in 2012 and everyone fails.ClandestineZero
LMAO
13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts

I was happy with DVDs. I don't own a Hi-def TV, and niether do most people. So It really doesn't matter at the moment for most of us.

clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

A few quick things: the "30% market share" was a goal when the U.S. Government once again delayed the forced conversion of broadcast television to HDTV in 2007 (delayed multiple times). Most reports show market penetration well below 20% but it will be a few more months before a complete 2007 analysis is released. As for downloadable content replacing physical media, speculation on that point can't even begin until fiber-optic to the home reaches critical mass, which won't be until 2010 at the earliest.

Neither HD-DVD nor Blu-ray can be considered a success at the moment. Despite a modicum of sales increases following the holidays and the introduction of the PS3, sales of software (i.e. movies and such) is a fraction of one percent of the sales of DVD format media. Despite the increased visual and audio quality there just wasn't a demand yet.

For those worried about HD-DVD, there issome concern, though attach rates of software are higher, and prices of players dipping below $300 will likely hit more than a year before Blu-ray can. Neither of these indicators are likely to be helpful in the long run, as initial projections of HD media sales were so overly optimistic to keep both formats on the fringe for at least two years if not forever (as in a better format hitting before either can establish a foothold, relegating both to LaserDisc status).

As an owner of both formats, I'm both irritated and pleased by both. HD-DVD is consistent is excellent visual quality and in feature sets, with some discs actually having more special features than equivilent DVD releases. However, the "combo" DVD/HD-DVD discs are a blight on the format, raising the cost of the media and continuing the "evil" of dual-sided releases. The problem with Blu-ray is the number of non-remastered prints, releases in lower-quality MPEG (as opposed to VC1) and most discs having fewer special features than their DVD counterparts. Newer Blu-ray releases have pulled equal in terms of visual quality but features continue to be an issue.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Downloading will replace disk formats when the majority of people have a connection which can do such a thing, and at the moment its not even remotly close, and wont be for a good 15years.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? madskills6117

And Sony PC's come loaded with Windows so your point is?.....Ultimately it's going to come down to which format wins out. If it's blu-ray then we can expect MS to use it at some point or another. I doubt we will see a blu-ray add on for the 360 though. I think we will see disc swapping before we see 360 games on blu-ray this generation.

exactly

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Good thing Microsoft didn't officially adopt it in there system. They didn't want to risk the fact that if it failed, it could ruin them as a gaming company.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Its a shame, because my friend has a ps3 and a 360 ( I sold my ps3 till metal gear drops) and he watches movies on the 360 with the HD DVD add on instead of his ps3 with blu ray. And couldnt agree with him more, as far as quality goes for HD movies... its not even close... HD DVD has MUCh better picture then Blu ray.kozzy1234
I completely disagree in almost every conceivable way. To say that "it's not even close" in terms of picture clarity is just wrong. Sure if there is a movie on both formats and the Blu Ray disc is MPEG-2 instead of VC-1 then I could see a small difference in quality, but from my first hand experience they are pretty much on par with one another and even if one was better than the other I wouldn't be as bold as to say "MUCH better".

On HD-DVD I own Troy, Casino, Goodfellas, Superman: The Movie, King Kong and Batman Begins and on Blu Ray I own The Departed, American Psycho and Crank. Out of every one of those movies Crank is the best looking one, but it most likely would as it was the only one actually shot in HD. The rest of the "film" based movies hardly look different from one another. Hell I just got The Departed shipped to me on HD-DVD and I'll compare it to the Blu Ray version. I doubt there will be any difference at all.

shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shotputking

[QUOTE="shotputking"][QUOTE="TOSgamer10"][QUOTE="shotputking"]hd-dvd and blu-ray are both going to die soon enough... downloadable movies are going to end this war before it really begins to involve the mainstream consumer.madskills6117

What you're saying doesn't apply to the mainstream consumer though. You do realize that some people still use dial-up right? Better yet, you do realize that some people don't have pc's. 

so let me get this straight... you think that there are people who don't own computers that are going to be paying hundreds of dollars for blu-ray or hd-dvd players?? or are the people that you're bringing into this people that are completely irrelevant to this topic, because they won't be involved in high definition videos at anytime soon? yeah, of course there are people in third world countries, who won't have computers 30 years from now, but they're kind of irrelevant to this discussion. my parents house still can't get cable internet for some reason, and they have dial-up, but within a few years they'll have cable or fiber optic internet, but they still probably wont' own a blu-ray player.
guinessbonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 guinessbonez
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Sadly I agree just cause I actually droped the money on the HD-DVD player but its not failing because of poor visual quality but just cause certain movies like sawIII and SpiderMan3 won't ever come out for HD-DVD Player.But in a couple years none of this will matter digital distrbution is the future
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

While HD-DVD is just lingering along i don't see Microsoft releasing a blu-ray drive as well,unless they stop selling the hd-dvd one before they release the blu-ray one.

But what on earth are the PR guys going to say to the people who bought the hd-dvd add-on?

They should of never even invented the hd-dvd in the first place imo,what's the point in making a 'next-gen' disk format if it's going to be outdated 2-3 months after it's released? Did Microsoft and Intel think that because it's backed up by them that all the film studious are going to jump for joy and go with hd-dvd?

It's a shame for the current hd-dvd owners. 

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hashbrowns
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the downloadable movies on the X360 are, at most, in 720p with Dolby Digital 5.1. At that resolution, they can be a pretty hefty download. Two of the big draws with the new disc formats are the uncompressed audio and 1080p resolution. Add in special features, and these downloads would be massive. But let's say that your bandwidth is infinite. Even so, these files will fill up storage devices in a real hurry. I own dozens of films, not to mention a few television series, and to imagine them all in uncompressed 1080p with DolbyHD... The mind boggles at the file sizes. And all of them sitting on one HDD. Too many eggs in one basket, if you ask me. There was an earlier comparison with music distribution, and it is quite apt. Super Audio CDs and DVD-Audio discs have been out for years now, but they haven't caught on at all. Two competing media formats offered superior quality, and yet were ignored in favor of convenience by a populace who believed that a compressed product was good enough. Sound familiar? Consider where we went after the vinyl record: the cassette tape. We abandoned quality in favor of convenience. Will this happen with movies? Maybe. I hope not. Blu-Ray will likely "win" simply due to the greater studio support, and the more recent Blu-Ray transfers have been matching HD-DVD. The more you think about it, you can see the wisdom of Microsoft in keeping their goals focused on gaming, like any console maker should be.
rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
I think so too...broadband bandwith capacity will be a lot higher in three to four years. Set top boxes that connect to the internet for downloadable entertainment will become a mainstay. I think the main reason for this is to curb piracy of disks...DRL is becoming more popular on all the media we will have. It makes sense, when each piece of entertainment we download is signed to our account (or box), it prevents sharing. I mean look at current laws...You basically cannot even have a public viewing of a movie anywhere without the copyright holders consent (read the FBI warning in the beginning of movies). In the future all new media will be released in digital file form, with a unified format...held to individual accounts. No sharing...no transferring It sucks, but this is where the industry is headed.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? black_awpN1

HD-DVD is not dead. Not saying it will win but too early to be dead.

Again as I said before Beta was beating VHS in it's 1st year but who won that? So I think people learned not to declaire something is over this early 

monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#48 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts

Blu-Ray is NOT Sony's. I believe the technology belongs to Samsung. And why is HD-DVD beloved? I could seriously care less about either during this generation, since they are both totally unnecessary.
sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
As long as Universal stays with HD DVD, it`s untouchable. Dreamworks and weinstein won´t make or brake anything but Universal will. i personally think that a dual player will end the format war, both format are way to strong to die, just like Sony and MS, they will compete for years and years, making it better for us, the consumer.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]if not on life support. I have a feeling MS is going to actually have to come out with a Blu-Ray add on sooner that we thought. Lets face it folks, HD-DVD is Bleeding to Death. Not by Visual Quality, but by its small library of Movies compared to Blu-Ray. Do you think MS might start using Blu-ray for their games at sometime as well? nonsoville2

This makes no sense at all. Is like saying,"sony will never use windows, it's a Microsoft product". MS has already said they might adapt BlueRay in the future.

Exactly and btw my Sony Vaio came with Windows XP pre-installed into it. Business is Business dude.Â