I surrender! Getting an Xbox 360 this weekend

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigboss_mox23
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

So it`s official, microsoft has won me over.. some of my friends must be laughing at me right about this second. I have always been loyal to the playstation. It was a big part of my adolecent life i will always chairsh it and never forget it..specially all the metal gear franchise. Now i am changing sides i will cheat on the playstation but that´s what these times are about. cheating, stop being loyal and start flowing with merchandise,marketing and all the capitalism forms. This weekend i amgetting an xbox 360 and it´s totally new to me, is there anything i need to know about xbox live ,how to start it up, is there a free trial, stuff like that..Please share your toughts.

cheers from Peru ( ibet you didn´t know that country even existed)lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

lets see. there is a free month of live included. to start it up, just say join xbox live on the thing and fill everything out, once you're done, it says you have a free month would you like to redeem it and of course say yes.

it's great, congrats on choosing the best online game system.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

So it`s official, microsoft has won me over.. some of my friends must be laughing at me right about this second. I have always been loyal to the playstation. It was a big part of my adolecent life i will always chairsh it and never forget it..specially all the metal gear franchise. Now i am changing sides i will cheat on the playstation but that´s what these times are about. cheating, stop being loyal and start flowing with merchandise,marketing and all the capitalism forms. This weekend i amgetting an xbox 360 and it´s totally new to me, is there anything i need to know about xbox live ,how to start it up, is there a free trial, stuff like that..Please share your toughts.

bigboss_mox23

There are two memberships to xbox live. One is silver and one is a gold membership. Silver is free and gold costs 50 dollars a year. The difference between them is online multiplayer. You need a gold membership to play games online. Every Xbox comes with a free month of Xbox Live Gold. Just sign up a gamertag and register for Xbox live and the 1 month free trial will be offered to you.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

First off, I new Peru was a country. It's in South America!

I was like you to, PS fan and yada yada yada I bought an Xbox.

XBL is easy to set up. Plug the ethernet cable that comes with the system into you're router (don't buy the core system). Then just follow the on screen steps.

You get 1 month free of XBL Gold when you sign up for Silver. It's a great system, so have fun.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
Well you won't be dissapointed with having a 360. Still though the PS3 will be worth having in a bout a year or 2, Since it'll actually have a lot more AAA titles.
bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigboss_mox23
thanks! is there anything else i need to know , not only from xbox live but any other kind things? like red lights , what cool things i can do with it (other than playing games duh)
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts

wow well congrats hun... i knew ull see the light someday :lol:

n of course we know where peru is..... south africa right? ^^ lol jk 8)

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 reubendarosa
Download free demos, Get certain themes/gamer pics for free.

Buy Arcade Games, Stream music/Photos/Certain Videos from a Windows PC. Other cool stuff aswell.
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

i hate this stupid mindset, "oh im cheating on MY brand, im buying a new...." THEYRE HUGE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR companies, they dont care if youre "loyal" or not. if you dont buy other machine, youre just missing out on great games. its your loss, the companies dont care.

glad you decided to buy one, now youll get to play more quality games.

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigboss_mox23
it´s not about cheating on a brand or a company, it´s about being loyal to yourself and what you belive is the best. i could care less what microsoft or sony thinks of me
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i'll stick with my PS360. best system ever!
racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

thanks! is there anything else i need to know , not only from xbox live but any other kind things? like red lights , what cool things i can do with it (other than playing games duh)bigboss_mox23

get the elite..big hard drive for all the content youre going to have access in XBL, and has less probability of redlights

howiesfunware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 howiesfunware
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts

Do you own your system... or does your system own you?

I own all three systems and I use the system the game I want to play, happens to be for. Don't identify yourself by the system you own. First and foremost, your a gamer and purchasing 360 says your not afraid to go where your game needs to be played.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

bigboss_mox23
There are lots of great games you need to catch up on: Gears of War, Bioshock, PDZ, Condemned, Kameo, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Crackdown, Forza 2, Lost Planet,Oblivion, and GRAW just to name a few. Upcoming Halo 3, PGR4, Mass Effect, and Too Human. Enjoy your new console
Avatar image for tfhdfgh69f55gf5
tfhdfgh69f55gf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tfhdfgh69f55gf5
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
get saints row or skate when u buy it
Ebowe2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ebowe2002
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

Great time to be buying, the 360 has a great lineup this fall. Don't forget to try out Bioshock first!

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigboss_mox23
ohh yeah i have another question! how do point work? cause i´ve been hearing a lot of talk about points or bonus points something like that, what are they and how do i get them..cause they sure sound like fun
Avatar image for ElitesIgnorance
ElitesIgnorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#18 ElitesIgnorance
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
That's cool man, I hope you enjoy Xbox Live. Hey if you make an account, add me to your friends list if you want. It is my sig, or Seraphic Dragon.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reubendarosa
Well their's your Money Points, Which are actually called MS(Microsoft) Points.

There's your Gamer Points, Which you achieve by playing games and getting Achievements, Those are nothing but your points to show yourself to other people.
Polish_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Polish_Dragon
Member since 2003 • 85 Posts

i hate this stupid mindset, "oh im cheating on MY brand, im buying a new...." THEYRE HUGE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR companies, they dont care if youre "loyal" or not. if you dont buy other machine, youre just missing out on great games. its your loss, the companies dont care.

Unreal_393

If those multi billion dollar companies didnt care... then they wouldnt be multi billion dollar companies you idiot

Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts
its great to here whenever someone comes over from the dark side lol
Ebowe2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ebowe2002
The "Points" are called Acheivement Points. Basically while playing any game, you will periodically be rewarderd wit achievment points for reaching certian goals within a game. This expands to multiplayer games as well. Your points are totalled into an overall "Gamerscore" which is expressed in a point value. See my score below "2100 points" (not very high ;-) The points can be very addicting and you may find yourself trying to get as many as possible, or you may ignore them and just enjoy the game.
bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bigboss_mox23

Well their's your Money Points, Which are actually called MS(Microsoft) Points.

There's your Gamer Points, Which you achieve by playing games and getting Achievements, Those are nothing but your points to show yourself to other people.
reubendarosa

is there a way to get money points or ms points other than paying for them?

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Setup is very easy, you'll see it as soon as you turn the 360 on basically. click "join xbox live" and go from there. you get a free month trial, and one free arcade game. that game is hexic HD, and it's pretty neat.

Get Gears of war. Great single player and online MP, best shooter on 360 by far. Bioshock's another one of those must owns.

And of course, halo 3 in a couple weeks. Gotta have it. :]

See you online, my friend.

Riavian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Riavian
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts
no.. lol, but u can buy them in a shop or over live.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

[QUOTE="reubendarosa"]Well their's your Money Points, Which are actually called MS(Microsoft) Points.

bigboss_mox23

Nope, you have to buy them.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 reubendarosa

[QUOTE="reubendarosa"]Well their's your Money Points, Which are actually called MS(Microsoft) Points.

bigboss_mox23

There are some like contests and stuff where you can win prizes and some prizes are MS points.

All i know is, I've never won any points or gained any MS Points for free. Though it would be awesome if they started doing stuff like that more often.

Ebowe2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ebowe2002

Get Gears of war. Great single player and online MP, best shooter on 360 by far. Bioshock's another one of those must owns.

destinhpark

Ohhh.. which first, gears of war? or bioshock?

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bigboss_mox23
[QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]

reubendarosa

There are some like contests and stuff where you can win prizes and some prizes are MS points.

All i know is, I've never won any points or gained any MS Points for free. Though it would be awesome if they started doing stuff like that more often.

yeah they should like tournaments and stuff like that, would be neat

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

bigboss_mox23

Congrats, the same happened to me i loved the PS2...got a 360 on november last year and now its broke but im getting another one its just so good despite malfunctions. you can add me to your friends list hope you play fifa or/and winning eleven, yo hablo español.

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bigboss_mox23
[QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]

stevenmejia007

Congrats, the same happened to me i loved the PS2...got a 360 on november last year and now its broke but im getting another one its just so good despite malfunctions. you can add me to your friends list hope you play fifa or/and winning eleven, yo hablo español.

i love winning eleven! im getting it as soon as pro evo 08 come out, hope i can see you at live and tear you apart with my country Team Peru... lol haven´t even bought a 360 or joined xbox live yet and i´m having a blast just trash talking..lol

ALLstar9300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ALLstar9300
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts
360s are great, youll have a blast
stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stevenmejia007
[QUOTE="stevenmejia007"][QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]

bigboss_mox23

i love winning eleven! im getting it as soon as pro evo 08 come out, hope i can see you at live and tear you apart with my country Team Peru... lol haven´t even bought a 360 or joined xbox live yet and i´m having a blast just trash talking..lol

lol i got a peruvian friend that plays so well with peru he almost beat me, my fave team country its England 8), i'm a Man U and Real Madrid fan. i'm getting fifa 08 on 10/11 and PES 08 (winning eleven 08) whenever it comes out.

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts
Also make a new MSN account to use for your XBLgamertag. It'll be very usefull for going to a lot of xbox related sites. And then because it's a dummy account and not your real e-mail you don't have to worry about it as much.
RJM117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RJM117
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

I was also loyal to PS,but I played Halo once on Xbox and Microsoft won me over, too!

Have Fun!!!

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts
[QUOTE="stevenmejia007"][QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]

bigboss_mox23

I want Pro evo 2008 more then I want Halo 3. I'm not kidding. pro evo 6 is cheap now so you could get that to get acustomed to the 360 controller for pro evo. It takes some getting used to when you're used to the PS2 controller. Or you can just DL the demo. thats the 1st thing i'd do is go to the demo section and see what demos are out there. Almost all major games have demos out on XBL to try out:D

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stevenmejia007
[QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"][QUOTE="stevenmejia007"][QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]

Gaara79

I want Pro evo 2008 more then I want Halo 3. I'm not kidding. pro evo 6 is cheap now so you could get that to get acustomed to the 360 controller for pro evo. It takes some getting used to when you're used to the PS2 controller. Or you can just DL the demo. thats the 1st thing i'd do is go to the demo section and see what demos are out there. Almost all major games have demos out on XBL to try out:D

i love football so much, but i got to finish the fight first and fifa 08 its coming 10/11 PES its still TBD here in the states.

BTW you can add me to your friends list Gaara79 if you wish to.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

bigboss_mox23

BEWARE

bigboss_mox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bigboss_mox23
by thw way..how big are the demos? 1 gb? less? and how much time does it take to download?
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

by thw way..how big are the demos? 1 gb? less? and how much time does it take to download?bigboss_mox23

most demos are either extactally 1 gb or just like 500-900 mb...they take rather quick ...but if a anticapted demo comes out that u want to download like when bioshock demo first came up....expect a whole day to download..it took me 6-7 hours to download it

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stevenmejia007

[QUOTE="bigboss_mox23"]by thw way..how big are the demos? 1 gb? less? and how much time does it take to download?outbreak201

most demos are either extactally 1 gb or just like 500-900 mb...they take rather quick ...but if a anticapted demo comes out that u want to download like when bioshock demo first came up....expect a whole day to download..it took me 6-7 hours to download it

downloads are not so slow it only takes me like 30 minutes to download a 1Gb demo and its up to your internet speed and the popularity of the game, Bioshock took me a lot of time cause everybody was trying to download the Game of the Year contender.

Lord_Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lord_Yuber
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
Sweet! get Bioshock for the single player experience and Gears for its multiplayer(albeit id wait for Halo3 instead). Finnaly anticipate and wait for the future GOTY "MassEffect".
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
It seems that many past Sony fans have bought or are planning to buy a 360. Those are the true gamers. Just buy a warranty and you'll be fine.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
dude prepare to enjoy many hours online :D
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

bigboss_mox23

dude who doesn't know peru?!

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
you wont be dissapointed with the titles
Lord_Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lord_Yuber
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

Actually man good timing....for it has just been announced that this game....

Titled "Ninja Gaiden 2" is published by Microsoft and will be a first party Xbox360 exclusive.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#48 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
hahahaha eat it sony!!! :D
teddydx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 teddydx
Member since 2005 • 916 Posts

actually I have teh same experience like him.... I never play halo series

before i dont have xbox.... but now im playing halo 1 and 2 because I will buy halo 3

ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
the 360 is so sweet dude have fun!!!!!