I regret buying halo 3....

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Da_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Da_Icon
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts

COD4 owns Halo 3 in every shape and form.grunt1096

You the MAN! brotha, you just said it all.

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

halo 3 is so balanced. you don't know what your talking about. halo 3 has the best multiplayer.. its way better then halo 2.. the weapon balance especially is way better.dipper145

I disagree. The assault rifle sucks, the pistol is weak, the sniper rifle lags, and the needler is WAY too powerful this time around. Battle rifle however is good, and the sword..is well the sword....spiker rocks, and of course I love the melee 8)

Plus the maps are getting old. I Find myself less and less inclined to play online these days, except when my friends are on. Matchingmaking alone is a pain in the ass, unless its big battle...till you get into a game of shotty snipers...yuck.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I don't care for Halo 3, either. I'll probably trade it in before the values go down. I thought I would like it, but really it is just more of the same.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i don't regret buying it...but i don't like the multiplayer
siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts
Come to think of it, the only game I regret buying since I've had my 360 is Stranglehold. That game blows.
Bansheezs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 Bansheezs
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts

I agree, Halo 3 online is lame. It is the same thing over and over. Throw grenade. Shoot with machine gun. I think it is because of these reasons.

All the weapons seem so equal, you can kill any sword person, or rocket person, or sniper person easily. The vehicles are way underpowered like the ghost. They need to make some dominating weapons. So you have a motavive for actually getting these items.

Grenades neeed to have a bigger blast radius. Grenades are like fireworks. They need to be like real grenades.

The beat down is way too powerful. You can hit people from across the room w/o being next to them. It range needs to be cut down. But its damage seems right.

Hand gun needs a power boost.

They ruined the sword.

Why can't rockets lock on?

Running speed seems a little slow.

Level design is boring. There are no weapons anywhere, not that they would matter that much. They need better ways of getting around the level. Maybe teleporters, I thought those worked well. Also remaking some more of the old classic like lockout (gardian isn't lockout) or turf would be cool.

BRING BACK SWAT!!!! It was amazing lots of fun. Why don't they have it?

Power ups are weak they don't last very long and the overshield is pathetic.

I have found myself going back and playing halo 2 for the swat and level design. Until they come out with an update with more maps and gametypes and possible fixing the other issues, it isn't worth playing. It seems they made this game so any player with or without experience can win.

Bansheezs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 Bansheezs
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts
Single player is great though, very fun. Not as good as halo 1
ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

They are both great games. I will always remember how hard I laughed when I convinced the team to get into my warthog and I drove it off a cliff.

COD4 though, it sucked me in from the very beginning. The environment is so intense.

atreyu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 atreyu27
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="sonynhater"]fozy, dont listen to these noobs. they dont know what they're talking about. all they want to do is put down halo3 becuase its simply halo.ipath4life

people like you are really starting to annoy, were not ripping on it because its halo, were ripping on it because its just not that great....

it's not that great..then 99.9% of games in general are terrible..

metalica_rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 metalica_rocks
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts

Halo 3 is a good game...ya can't deny it. Yes it has flaws, but apart from that its a good game. It's wierd and true how ppl are saying that they weren't as suckd in to halo 3 as halo 2. Same for me...i remember being excited every day after work when i could go home, get with 3 cousins or friends online and jus kick ass in hardcore (which i believe they SHOULD DEFINITELY bring back), the games in hardcore were always so fun and intense...i loved the BR in halo 2, it just sounded mean and powerful, the BR in halo 3 sounds like a freakin tin can and feels weaker. Maybe they did make it weaker cuz in halo 2 if u didn't have the BR, you were basically f'd. Idk but the games in halo 2 just seemed so much more fast paced and WAY more intense. I still play halo 3 when college and work allows it, always busy, but it seems that there is something missing. and by the way bungie....plz stop makin effin excuses and fix that dang melee, it causes so much frustration when u die with full armor and get hit once....PLZ. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-614fa247a87ab
deactivated-614fa247a87ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
Member since 2003 • 1858 Posts

They are both great games. I will always remember how hard I laughed when I convinced the team to get into my warthog and I drove it off a cliff.

COD4 though, it sucked me in from the very beginning. The environment is so intense.

ikn3z

Did you have anxiety attacts or something? I loved the intensity.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
I played Halo 2 almost every day for a year on Xbox Live after it came out. I was very excited for Halo 3 and got it the day it came out. But I only played it for a week or two and haven't touched it since. For some reason, I just can't get into it like I did in Halo 2. MetalGearRex007
same here.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

I've never played Halo 3 onlineor any console game online and i haven't playedHalo 3since like September 30th or something but i completed it i thought it was great fun and i would definately buy it just for SP and coop if i owned an xbox 360 i mean i still have great fun on Halo 1 that game is awesome.

Hellcanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#64 Hellcanwait
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
I find the campaign in halo3 to be great, but I can't stop comparing it to GOW.... and GOW comes out on top every time.
FallenDeath55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 FallenDeath55
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts

Listen to whoever thinks halo sucks its because you cant get alot of maps on xobox360

well thats why theres pc which halo 3 will come on soon

on pc I bet you guys that halo 3 is gonna be sold out in every shop cause you get so many maps and stuff.

Just WAIT AND SEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Good for you, we don't care.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Listen to whoever thinks halo sucks its because you cant get alot of maps on xobox360

well thats why theres pc which halo 3 will come on soon

FallenDeath55

You can (and will) be able to download more maps via Live for Halo 3 so that point is moot.

And Halo 3 won't be on the PC anytime soon, just you wait and see.

jaften

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jaften
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Campaign was sweet. Done and dusted, traded it last night $40 at gamestop (nice!) COD4 campaign short but intense. Multiplayer puts halo to shame. No more playing shiny , highjumping 11 yearolds. Gritty, SMOOTH realistic and just plain FUN !!

Halo 3 was a quick fix. COD4 is the real deal !

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

COD4 owns Halo 3 in every shape and form.grunt1096

except Story line, other then that I agree

-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="sonynhater"]fozy, dont listen to these noobs. they dont know what they're talking about. all they want to do is put down halo3 becuase its simply halo.ipath4life

people like you are really starting to annoy, were not ripping on it because its halo, were ripping on it because its just not that great....

Give him a break. I remember when everyone was like him a year or so back. I always said Halo was nothing special. I always got responses like: oh, your just saying that to look cool. or: BS, it's the best game ever made! Casuals swamped these things at my head one at a time. I got used to it. And I understood. Halo always was a functional shooter and casuals at that time hadn't seen that before. I was a gamer much longer then that, so I knew it wasn't that special or great but to them, the starters, it was.

Just leave him alone. He's relatively new to gaming probably. He doesn't realize it's a very simplistic game.

ebookerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 ebookerd1
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
I play it a little less now about 3 times a week and almost all day saturday but that was what I wanted. I have4 more games to finish before Mass Effect and I'll be a happy camper. COD4 was fun as a beta but I need a single player expericence to get me into a multiplayer game. I always loved Halo. When a Map Pack release I'll really be a happy camper then and that will hold me till Christmas or maybe even till DMC4. More viarity for team games would make me happier. I HATE SHOTTY SNIPERS worst game mode ever.
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Why does everyone hate Halo 3 all of a sudden. COD 4 is a good game, but you can't really compare it to Halo. They are completely different games, and each have their positive and negatives.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#73 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
im leaning towards trading in Halo 3....since i've got COD4 now, i finally beat Halo 3 single player...theres no reason to keep it...the online, although crazy fun sometimes...requires no skill...and doesnt hold ground for long.
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
you guys would like it better if you werent so bad at it 8)
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
I don't regret it because I'm good at the game. Domination online baby.
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
wait so there is no point in gettin ga x360 if halo 3 isnt any good.
JFRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JFRocker
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Yet another person here who agrees. Call of Duty 4 is incredible. It's so much fun, it's addicting, and it has rewards for leveling and completing fun challenges. Halo 3 is great too, it's definitely worth buying, but matchmaking needs some work. I get the same damn match types on the same damn maps over and over again. More random match types would keep things fresh. Swords or Rockets only more oftenwould be cool.

wutevrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 wutevrman
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts
I traded my Halo 2.5 at gamestop and got a $43.50 credit towards COD4. I do not regret it...AT ALL. Had planned on, and reserved, COD4 even before that, but decided that H2.5 was NOT going to get any more play time from me, so I traded it. The campaign, thus far is AWESOME (high replay value), and the balanced, matchmaking, with player drop ins (if you have quitters in your party, perks to createFIVE pre-set classes based on your likes and strong points. You can change your class before you respawn, so if your getting massacred by snipers or or a helicopter, or if your opponents are runnin' and gunnin' you can pick your class that has a perk of an RPG, or martydom (drop alive grenade when killed) and change your gameplan in the middle of a match.MP with all of this, 16 maps out of the box and TONS of gametypes, to me, is INCREDIBLE. My vote for GOTY!
jmg128thinfrgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jmg128thinfrgt
Member since 2006 • 793 Posts
Dang that sux. Cant wait to get CoD4
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

same here, i bought halo but i was greatly disappointed

i stopped playing it as soon as the ob came out....and now i have cod4.

so halo is completely dead to me

z2qy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 z2qy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

exactly

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

you guys would like it better if you werent so bad at it 8)PMatt722

which game u talking about? cod4, yea, u have to be good to enjoy it

but for halo, its impossible not to be good. it requires no skill. i was godly at it

cods a lot more fun, and challenging imo

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
[QUOTE="Airsoul"]

I wonder how much $ would I get for Halo 3 at Eb games? Also do you have to be at least 18 to trade-in?

grunt1096

You'd probelly get $25-30 and no you don't have to be 18 to trade in M rated games.

Uh, yes you do have to be 18 and they usually make sure you are.

JFRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 JFRocker
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
[QUOTE="ikn3z"]

jt222_us

Did you have anxiety attacts or something? I loved the intensity.

I think he is saying that he enjoyed the intensity also...

fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 fakkhead
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
maybe some of you just need a break from Halo, it is basicly the only game people have been playing since its release. I wouldn't trade it away, its still a good game and when Bungie release some downloadable content it might fresh things up.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
i love halo 3...
LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
As dumb as it sounds the biggest thing that keeps me playing Halo is the ability to jump. You can jump in COD4, like 2 inches off the ground. That's why I hate gears of war. It's like playing mario bros without the ability to jump. wheres the fun in that? Haven't played COD4 online but are there vehicles?
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Wow, surprised at all the Halo 3 hate.
wutevrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wutevrman
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts

As dumb as it sounds the biggest thing that keeps me playing Halo is the ability to jump. You can jump in COD4, like 2 inches off the ground. That's why I hate gears of war. It's like playing mario bros without the ability to jump. wheres the fun in that? Haven't played COD4 online but are there vehicles?LessThanMarcus

yea, vehicles try to run you over and shoot from the sky at you all the time in campaign and MP.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#91 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
yeah I got bored of halo within I'd say 3 weeks.
danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
melee system andstupid matchmaking ruin the online experience for me, but i still enjoy the game but yeah would be much beter if they fix some issues and add more stuff, i still need to try COD4.
AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
TF2 FTW!!!!!!!
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I regret renting Halo 3. I played it for a few hours, got bored, and never touched it again, now i have to remember to give it back before the make me buy it. I've been hooked on TF2 lately and of course GeOW still. Halo 3 is my disappointment of the year so far.
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
Most pointless topic ever.....honestly..Its a fun game with tons of replay value. You dont regret buying it, you just want to be different. It was 60 freakin dollars, If you cant come up with that kind of money than i honestly feel bad for you. Get a job.
LilYungsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LilYungsta
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
You're surely a Halo Fanboy all the way.
damned_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#97 damned_beast
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
Halo 3 is a great game. If you buy it just for MP... then you need to reconsider why you would buy a game that has a single player that good on it. Just for multiplayer. But if you dont like it. CoD 4 is your best bet!
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
Yeah, I was behind Halo 3 when it first came out and it was fun - but lately, it just sucks. I'm not big on trading in games since the value you get back is almost nothing, but I'm actually thinking about it this time, lol.