I HATE Snipers in MW2

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

Snipers in MW2 are one shot kills...anywhere...anywhere, seriously i have gotten shot in the leg and still died. THE LEG

They are just so fake. It doesn't even take skill no more, just one shot to the body or anywhere. No one needs to pull off a head shot.

Snipers are so cheasy. I dont use snipers. I personally hate them. So when me and my friends got on BF BC2 we heard people complaining about how the sniper was trash and how one shot doesnt kill people and how you need to do head shot to kill one shot...WELL THAT IS WHAT A SNIPER SUPPOSE TO BE...HEAD SHOTS ONLY

Do you hate MW2 snipers or do you like them and use them?

Do you agree with me that one shot kill anywhere in the body is fake, that snipers should be head shots only?

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
I usually most of the time snipe, I won't hold a scope for longer then 1 second. I find that it's almost always a hit marker. Right now I'm using a silenced cold blooded.. So I gotta aim for headshots (Do it for the challenge) but there not cheap at all. 1v1 scope some of my friends and i can garauntee you it takes skill to be good at running around and sniping.
kikitube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 kikitube
Member since 2009 • 576 Posts

Me too...

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Personally they are my favorite weapon. I don't like to camp with them so I move around a lot quick scoping people who are near by and shooting them.

I disagree with your claim that a sniper shot anywhere is a one hit kill. I've never killed anyone by shooting an arm or a leg. They are either torso or headshots that kill with one shot... and even those sometimes take more than one shot. It's inconsistant.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
I never really had to worry about snipers since most of the maps are not that great for sniping to begin with.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
It doesn't even take skill no more, just one shot to the body or anywhere.Linkbest23
It takes more skill than the main-stream assault rifles. How is it different? Because it's long distance? Seriously, I got so mad at snipers but if you can't beat them; join them. So I did. And I now know why everyone uses them :oops:.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Worst thing is the quick scoping. Nothing wrong with it, but it's a lot easier than it was in COD4. Snipers aren't always one shot kills, I think distance has a lot to do with it, though no sites show if distance affects snipers, apparently only silencers affect them. FAL > any sniper :P One shot headshot with stopping power (from a pretty good distance), and better for close range, noob tube available.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

noob tubes are much more annoying than snipers

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
well im pretty sure real snipers dont go for head shots they go for the chest. snipers are fine u can take em out with just about any assault rifle or walk in places where u cant be sniped and flank them
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Do you agree with me that one shot kill anywhere in the body is fake, that snipers should be head shots only?

Linkbest23

No. I've no problem with snipers in MW2. And I tend to think that sniping is more difficult than regular run-and-gun tactics, too.

Perhaps you just need to stop exposing yourself so easily to sniper fire. Learn where they like to set camp, do a quick spot check before running out into the line of sight of those areas, and then move on. Also, you can uh.....kill snipers, too, ya might want to know. In the time it takes them to line their sights up on ya, you can usually get first shot. Good snipers maybe quicker, though, but skill should be rewarded.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Snipers in MW2 are one shot kills...anywhere...anywhere, seriously i have gotten shot in the leg and still died. THE LEG

They are just so fake. It doesn't even take skill no more, just one shot to the body or anywhere. No one needs to pull off a head shot.

Snipers are so cheasy. I dont use snipers. I personally hate them. So when me and my friends got on BF BC2 we heard people complaining about how the sniper was trash and how one shot doesnt kill people and how you need to do head shot to kill one shot...WELL THAT IS WHAT A SNIPER SUPPOSE TO BE...HEAD SHOTS ONLY

Linkbest23
Well i dont camp with snipers...And dudes like you are awesome to kill ;)
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I don't agree with you ENTIRELY... BUT I'll say this, getting shot in the leg needs to be an automatic "Last Stand" animation, there is no way getting shot in the leg should kill you instantly in this game, I mean seriously ?

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

considering if you got shot by the barret 50. cal in the leg in real life it would just about take your leg off, no i dont thing theyre overpowered. sometimes when using the barret, it feels underpowered in the game. theres no way someone should still be alive after i just shot them right in the back with that gun, but thats how it goes sometimes in the game. and i just wanted to throw in that i HATE the last stand perk. even if you keep firing at him while hes on the ground it seems that theres like a half a second where hes invincible, but he can start shooting it seems while hes on his way to the ground. they shouldnt be able to fire so quickly. its pretty ridiculous.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seankane

I don't agree with you ENTIRELY... BUT I'll say this, getting shot in the leg needs to be an automatic "Last Stand" animation, there is no way getting shot in the leg should kill you instantly in this game, I mean seriously ?

DranzarTypeF

Its a video game, though. People that complain about getting hit 'x' numbers of times wherever and dying/not dying need to realize that this stuff is purposefully done by the developers. It may not be super-realistic, but sniping would be much harder if you had to get an accurate chest/head shot to actually kill somebody, and CoD is all about accessibility. They dont want the game to be difficult to play.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

seankane

Its a video game, though. People that complain about getting hit 'x' numbers of times wherever and dying/not dying need to realize that this stuff is purposefully done by the developers. It may not be super-realistic, but sniping would be much harder if you had to get an accurate chest/head shot to actually kill somebody, and CoD is all about accessibility. They dont want the game to be difficult to play.

No, I agree about the sniping thing...my comment was focused towards all guns in general (except shot guns) that when you get 2 shots to the leg that instead of a kill it should be automatic last stand, don't you think that would have enhanced the game play a little ?
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 seankane

No, I agree about the sniping thing...my comment was focused towards all guns in general (except shot guns) that when you get 2 shots to the leg that instead of a kill it should be automatic last stand, don't you think that would have enhanced the game play a little ?DranzarTypeF

Maybe. Hard to say without actually testing it out in action, ya know?At the least, they'd need to remove the 'invincibility frames' that you get when going into last stand, since it would be much more common.

I'm also pretty sure that most guns do require more than two shots to the leg before killing somebody. If this wasn't the case, I dont think I'd ever be able to escape to cover after getting shot.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DranzarTypeF

Maybe. Hard to say without actually testing it out in action, ya know?At the least, they'd need to remove the 'invincibility frames' that you get when going into last stand, since it would be much more common.I'm also pretty sure that most guns do require more than two shots to the leg before killing somebody. If this wasn't the case, I dont think I'd ever be able to escape to cover after getting shot.seankane

That was my point lol...did you read what I wrote ?, and yes they would need to remove the invincible factor from last stand, then the idea would work perfectly.

Tomaz84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tomaz84
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The only map where snipers annoy me is wasteland. I have a class with Cold Blooded and Ninja just for that map and I still get sniped pretty often. Other than on wasteland snipers don't bother me that much. If I get sniped I mostly ignore them when I respawn. Sometimes I take a quick look to see if he's still there, but good snipers relocate.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 seankane

That was my point lol...did you read what I wrote ?, and yes they would need to remove the invincible factor from last stand, then the idea would work perfectly.

DranzarTypeF

Yes, I did read it. You said getting should shot twice in the leg should put you in last stand INSTEAD of killing you, which implies that 2 shots to the leg kills you currently, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't(or not in most cases, at least).

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

seankane

Yes, I did read it. You said getting should shot twice in the leg should put you in last stand INSTEAD of killing you, which implies that 2 shots to the leg kills you currently, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't(or not in most cases, at least).

I see, well actually I have killed at least 80 people by just shooting them in their lower torso/thigh two or 3 times, I'm sure many have killed people by just shooting them in their legs a couple times (especially from close range when somebody sneaks up behind you).
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Snipers take alot of skill actually and there not one shot kills everywhere

End of story

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 seankane

I see, well actually I have killed at least 80 people by just shooting them in their lower torso/thigh two or 3 times, I'm sure many have killed people by just shooting them in their legs a couple times (especially from close range when somebody sneaks up behind you).DranzarTypeF

Your lower torso is very different than a leg. Getting shot in the stomach often kills a human.

And I'm not saying it never happens, just that its not like an automatic '2 shots to the leg and you're dead' sort of thing. If it was, I'm certain that it would be almost impossible to run to cover after getting shot.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

I would think that a sniper rifle would do serious damage to a leg, maybe even blow it clean off. If you got shot with one you would be dead or down and unable to fight. I think the sniping in MW2 is superior to BC2 and the snipers are much easier to find and kill.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Sniper only here. Sorry to be so annoying to you. I won't shoot you if I see you pass by. Still, what modes are you referring to when you say we always kill in one shot? Maybe in CoD4, but the exact opposite is true in MW2, where you NEED stopping power to get a one-shot sniper kill (and most serious snipers use cold blooded all the time), or you'll always need to fire two shots to take anything down, which is why I only play hardcore modes in MW2.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

Alright. First of all, notice my name. I snipe a lot, atleast more than half of the time. Snipers can be annoying, but definitely not unbeatable. Usually if I get taken out it's by another sniper (but not more than once from the same spot, lol). Just good ol' fashioned flanking and stun grenades work too.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
At times I hate them, but they are part of the game.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Linkbest23
Headshots only? Really? Do you know what a high-powered rifle will do to the human body? If a human being gets shot with a Barrett .50 cal it isn't pretty.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SnipeyMcSnipe
[QUOTE="Linkbest23"]

SexyPorkins
Headshots only? Really? Do you know what a high-powered rifle will do to the human body? If a human being gets shot with a Barrett .50 cal it isn't pretty.

Yea, he's probably just confused from movies. Snipers / designated marksman are trained to aim center mass. Also, don't even worry about 50 cal. Most people don't even realize how bad standard 5.56 (Nato) can mess you up.
MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

Eh snipers are annoying in any game because it tends to be so unexpected and it feels cheap. but sniping isnt exactly imba in MW2. Sniping isnt as easy as in other games (I'm not saying its terribly difficulty. But is it as easy as running around with a shotgun or a noobtoob? it at least requires some amount of skill). And maybe with stopping power... (I dont snipe much) but most snipers are NOT 1 hit kills everywhere. Many snipers you desperately need a headshot for that 1 hit kill, and often you need that 1 hit kill or else they'll run and be behind cover (if their close to it) as you recoil.

Their powerful, and annoying, but i dont think their particularly imba. and this is from someone who literally never snipes. i just prefer to run and gun with ARs

dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dragonic9100
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

End of story

SaintJimmmy

yep. 1 shot kill rifles that kill from across the map in unrealistic ways take mad skillz. im glad you read his post

ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ExpiredGhost
Member since 2010 • 528 Posts
I do not mind them, I always enjoy hunting the sniper down and killing him.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SnipeyMcSnipe

[QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]

End of story

dragonic9100

yep. 1 shot kill rifles that kill from across the map in unrealistic ways take mad skillz. im glad you read his post

It's an arcade shooter. And even with stopping power and hit straight in the chest, it's not uncommon to get a hp marker. So if sniping doesn't take skill then what does? It must definitely be the guys who run up next to you and trigger hold zig zagging the crosshairs until somebody dies. I'd say tagging a guy across the map while he's sprinting perpendicular to you in like half of a second takes more skill.
deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

not true i get alot of hit symbols.

apathyambition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 apathyambition
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts
If you get shot in the leg you should go down into like final stand at least. Not die. Also if you have a sniper with a silencer it is more realalistic in normal team deathmatch. Only a headshot from a sniper kills. Body shots take more than one. In hardcore though, like you said, one shot anywhere=Kill...
honduh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 honduh666
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

I think the OP needs to take a shot to the leg with a .50 cal in real life and see how well he can run to cover. Honestly I find sniping to be rather hard to do and still have a high kill count. Firing and killing I don't find hard but knowing where to sit and not being detected. I'm more of a famas/m16 with acog scope man myself.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I ordered CoD MW2 last night so soon I will be a sniper in training. ;) I have good days and bad days on gta iv. I do agree though that does suck when you get shot in the leg and you still get killed.
apathyambition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 apathyambition
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts
I ordered CoD MW2 last night so soon I will be a sniper in training. ;) I have good days and bad days on gta iv. I do agree though that does suck when you get shot in the leg and you still get killed. coolkid93
Haha! Awesome! Get ready to have some fun when you get it! ;)
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I hate complainers.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Sniping is pretty difficult especially on the smaller maps with in MW2 is about half of them. And snipers never win matches so I don't really care.

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
With the high caliber rifles on MW2, they should be one hit kills, unless you hit a limb. It is realistic. The M21 is the only one that doesn't have great stopping power and it plays accordingly.
commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

A can't believe you are complaining that the sniper rifles are cheap! They are actually among the harder weapons to use in that game, not because it's hard to kill people with them, but because they are now outclassed by assault rifles with drastically reduced recoil that can kill across the map with 3-4 bullets. Take the ACR. That gun has absolutely no recoil and kills so extremely fast that it is deadly at sniper range and closer. Your argument that snipers are overpowered is simply wrong.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I hate snipers in any game...

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

yeah, I use EBR in MW2 and it takes 2-3 shots if you don't get a headshot.

you also forgot to mention that BC2 doesn't require you to steady your sniper, only time you lose focus is when the ground shakes, but that goes towards anyone.

and having to zoom out to run the bolt action sniper in BC2 is kind of tedious.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts

It doesn't even take skill no moreLinkbest23
Since when does anything take skill to do in Modern Warefare 2?

_CaptainHappy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 _CaptainHappy_
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts

I never really see that much of snipers and campers in this game though apaerntly everyone else says there everywhere.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#48 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
[QUOTE="coolkid93"]I ordered CoD MW2 last night so soon I will be a sniper in training. ;) I have good days and bad days on gta iv. I do agree though that does suck when you get shot in the leg and you still get killed. apathyambition
Haha! Awesome! Get ready to have some fun when you get it! ;)

thx I got it on my ps3.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

yeah, I use EBR in MW2 and it takes 2-3 shots if you don't get a headshot.

you also forgot to mention that BC2 doesn't require you to steady your sniper, only time you lose focus is when the ground shakes, but that goes towards anyone.

and having to zoom out to run the bolt action sniper in BC2 is kind of tedious.

HavocV3
i love that action haha wouldnt have the game without it
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Linkbest23"] It doesn't even take skill no moreSLUSHiNaToR

Since when does anything take skill to do in Modern Warefare 2?

:lol: Ha, ha, nice one. I doubt the game is designed for that.