I hate Curcuit City.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts

So a me and a couple of my friends decided to go to Curcuit City today because in their ad, they were offering it at 49.99. But also in their ad, they said "Guareenteed at 2pm or free 20 dollar gift card". And at the bottom it said "Subject to change". So we went in, asked where it was, and this guy said that it hasnt released yet. So were were like, can we get our $20 gift card then. And he said no, and he couldnt give it to us because the store didnt have it. And if the store doesnt have it, that means that ad is void.

So we argued saying that the game was released tuesday, and stores get it in on wednesday. And the emplyee said they didnt have it. So he got his manager. And his manager told us that Bestbuy, gamestop... no one has it. Which means the ad is void. So we argued for like 5 more minutes before going to best buy. Bought the game there, took it back to curcuit city to prove that stores had it. And they still wouldnt give us a gift card. They kept saying that the manufacturer said they couldnt release it until tomorrow. So I was like... uhhhh, they specifically told you guys not to release it until tomorrow? then why did curcuit city advertise that it was releasing wednesday? And they kept saying that they didnt have it, so we kept stating our points on why we should get the $20 gift cards. And they kept saying the ad was voide because they didnt have it.

Then the Manager came over and was like "We can release the game now", So we were like... wait.. u just said u didnt have it. Then he said "We had it in stock, we just couldnt release it because there was a problem on our site and it said we couldnt release it until tomorrow". So we were like, well can we get our gift cards because it wasnt available to us at 2pm. And he said no, it was in stock. And since it was in stock, it was available. Which didnt make sence to me. Because if it was in the back, and they wouldnt sell it to us, then how was it available. And we kept making these valid points about it. And he kept saying that we will not get the gift card because they had it in the back. And we kept saying "The ad states that it will be guarentee'd to us at 2pm or we get a free gift card, if the game is in the back, and we cant buy it yet, how is that guarentee'd". Then the guy kept repeating the same thing over and over and over, like 15 times. "Take your game back to best buy, come back here and I'll sell it to you for 10 dollars less". He said that 15 times.

So in the end, he got tired of us and threatend to call the cops. And we didnt even get smart until he started treating us like crap. If I left anything out, I'm sure my friend JDK88 will fill the rest in.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vidiofreak
Oh, and then my friends mom called after we got home, and the guy who was being geh. He told her that he was willing to lose us as customer's.
Avatar image for stephenbpronovo
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 stephenbpronovo
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts
thats f-d up
JDK88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JDK88
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
yea long story short, please no one ever shop at circuit city again. I just bought a $900 computer from them the other month and the manager said hes willing to lose me as a customer over $20, come on seriously it was gauranteed for us to BUY at 2pm wednesday, and to say you can't sell it until tomorrow is crap. Then on top of that the manager goes back on his word then tries to sell its to us once he sees we bought it from best buy and tells us to return it to them and buy it from him. It was a joke.
budlongmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 budlongmv
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
You should report the management of that store to the regional management and demand satasfaction. Thats really bad service.
euryb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 euryb
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts
Yea i was also there. I'm never shopping at circuit city again after this little stunt they pulled. they should really think about hiring some people who works beter with people to work at customer service, having people with a smart attitude at customer service when your just trying to talk to them is almost like talking to a brick wall. but yea i wrote about it with some more details in my blog if anyones interested.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
yeah dude i have problem getting my momdem with circuit city i called comcast n then circuit city like 5 times each n then i went back n they sold it to me after 3 days. Because they kept saying they didnt have my adress in their system or some s**t like that so after 3 days i got my comcast.
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
 What game are you talking about?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Circuit City is closing down.
tunecar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tunecar
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

Ummm....what game's that?

Pretty beat either way....

DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
I still prefer circuit city over best buy.  I'm not going to get into the long line of problems I have had with best buys repair center.  Sounds like the manager was just covering his own behind.  Knowing that he would probably get in trouble if he had to hand out some giftcards.  You should call their corporate offices and that way you should probably get your giftcard...
JDK88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JDK88
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
another thing to add is when we were in line at best buy the guy in line next to us over heard us talking about what happened at circuit city. he too said he had the exact same problem with them eariler with them refusing to sell the game to him and said he was going to go back to show that other stores do have it. so he was there at the customer service desk complaining as well, although he gave up and left far sooner then we did. you would think they would give in to customers when they are correct, but no not circuit city.
euryb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 euryb
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

Ummm....what game's that?

Pretty beat either way....

tunecar

G.R.A.W. 2

GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
GRAW 2 came out? I thought it was march 20th?
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
yah i hate the curcuit city because i was there one time and i was getting saints row(im 15 btw) and  my mom was fine getting it for me but the guy stood there and wasted his time for an hour telling my mom why she shouldnt get it for me and she kept on saying "no its fine" then he started lieing and saying there is full frontal sex and nudity in the game and i yelled you f*****  lier, so then my mom got pissed at me for saying that.
xeekthecatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xeekthecatx
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
and that's why i never go to circuit city. you should call their regional manager and tell him/her that the manager was willing to lose you as customers.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vidiofreak
Yeah, I'm about to call the regional manager right now and tell them, and see if they are as stupid as the people who work there.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
wow..thats dumb
P00M0NSTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 P00M0NSTER
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

STFU you "hate curcuit city" first of all learn how to spell you idiot. Secondly be more specific because ur a dumb f***.

hellfire9988
?!?
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vidiofreak

STFU you "hate curcuit city" first of all learn how to spell you idiot. Secondly be more specific because ur a dumb f***.

hellfire9988
lol......?
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
Wow. A couple hours ago I made a post about the $20 gift card. I didn't even know about it and went there to go get GRAW 2 and the girl said they were still waiting on UPS and sent me to the counter to get my gift card. I'd definitely contact the store manager.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vidiofreak
Wow. A couple hours ago I made a post about the $20 gift card. I didn't even know about it and went there to go get GRAW 2 and the girl said they were still waiting on UPS and sent me to the counter to get my gift card. I'd definitely contact the store manager.jacksheets
Lucky you.. If only it was that easy over here.
fanoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fanoir
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I think your problem is that you shopped at some sort of cheap knock off of Circuit City.  Is the Curcuit City in question located in chinatown? Avoid such places.

A solution will be using the store locator at http://www.circuitcity.com/ in conjunction with your zip code.

Good luck.
suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts
I got my internet and modem from them about 8 months ago and I had to send in a mail in rebate to get a 75 dollar gift card.  I recieved confirmation that they got my rebate info and that my gift card was on the way. I didn't get it after the time quoted to me so I sent them an e-mail saying I didn't recieve my gift card and that they need to send me a new one. Well after much back and forth I finally got it but it was a check, not a gift card, and oh I got it 5 days ago. Um lets see here. Confirmation in October 06. Check in March 07?    5 months?
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
there is a phone number you can report the manager and the store tooo. i work at circuit city and i know for a fact that we have given out giftcards for this before.
brianguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 brianguy16
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i hate circuit city
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i came into this thread without any indication that graw 2 even came out this month, which honestly i don't care about anyways, but you really could have said it was about graw 2.
texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

hellfire9988
Dude you need to STFU. You're using typos too. Learn to feel for people, jerk.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Assuming that you're talking about GRAW 2, I just called EB about an hour and a half ago and the guy said that they have tons. This is in Las Vegas, so I would assume that most places have it now. But that's a lot of assuming. :)
mrstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrstroke
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
funny you said this too, I went to CC at 2pm and motorstorm was no where to be found. You think they are putting ads up like this to take people away from GS and EB, but there game releases are JUNK!
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
sorry to hear that, i love circuit city