I got madden 11

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KSEfAN420
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

I got the game and i just have to say im not disapointed but im not 100 percent happy... the gameplay is alot better then 2010.. but the presentation still sucks... and im tired ofthe same game modes every year.. the only ones i use are online play,franchise,and exibition... i hate nfl superstar... i havent even touched the u;timate team thing, it just seams stupid... so just let me know what you guys think... id give the game a 70

Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Aural_Assault
Member since 2005 • 614 Posts

I could have told you all that before you went out to waste $60

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

Aural_Assault
The game is much better...what were your problems with the game?
cl0udz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cl0udz
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The new Gameflow system is a good idea but it has its flaws. For instance, I was on defense against the Vikings. Extremely stellar offense and I had them at a 3rd and long situation. Farve comes up to the line with 4 or 5 receivers and the Gameflow thing wanted me to send everyone on a blitz at Farve. Are you kidding me? May as well give them six if you do that.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

Cut, paste, hype at E3, repeat.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Zomg i want that game soooo BAD no joke

i'm going pick it up after i play this game Big rigs over the road first... to bad madden didn't get the same score as big rigs or i would pick that up first.

Here check out the review it got number one for pro!!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html?tag=tabs%3Breviews

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

I got the game and i just have to say im not disapointed but im not 100 percent happy... the gameplay is alot better then 2010.. but the presentation still sucks... and im tired ofthe same game modes every year.. the only ones i use are online play,franchise,and exibition... i hate nfl superstar... i havent even touched the u;timate team thing, it just seams stupid... so just let me know what you guys think... id give the game a 70

KSEfAN420
What other game modes can they incorporate in Madden? Exhibition, Franchise & Online is all we really need.. so I don't understand. My only problem with the game is the horrible defense/tackling system.
killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

trust me never buy ea sports games when they just release wait for a month or two or three for the price to go down coz its just not worth it

PatChampsXXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PatChampsXXXVI
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
ultimate team may seem stupid, but once you start playing it its addictive
Yanks2740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Yanks2740
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts
[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

white_sox

That's what people say when they suck at the game. They actually blame the game
HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
The new Gameflow system is a good idea but it has its flaws. For instance, I was on defense against the Vikings. Extremely stellar offense and I had them at a 3rd and long situation. Farve comes up to the line with 4 or 5 receivers and the Gameflow thing wanted me to send everyone on a blitz at Farve. Are you kidding me? May as well give them six if you do that.cl0udz
the worst is when you're playing a good running team and they keep running it on you at will and the gameflow keeps telling you to play zone.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Worst madden in a long time. The bad far outweighs the good.
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Yanks2740

That's what people say when they suck at the game. They actually blame the game

Wrong. I'm sorry your favorite game sucks, but what you just said is what people say when someone tells them their favorite game is a piece of crap. Try and justify throwing your money away all you want, but I don't "suck" at Madden any more than the people I play it with.

My problems with the game are many: It's an overpriced roster update. Not to mention I have issues with the Madden franchise's business practices. Sports games in general are overpriced IMO. It's the exact same game as last year (and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, etc.) with a new feature.

Why would you pay $60 for that? It honestly boggles my mind. What boggles my mind even more are the clowns who pay for NCAA and then three months later go out and pay $60 for the exact same game with different colored uniforms. 2k sports games were the best last gen at $20. At least they were honest about "hey, we know this isn't terribly different from last year, so we're only going to charge you $20."

Those are my major beefs with Madden. My last issue with it really has nothing to do with Madden, but sports games in general. Outside of playing with friends on your couch (a $20 experience), I don't see the point in sports games. Even then I find it hard to justify. I played basketball and baseball in high school, and football in little league when I was a kid. I play basketball in an intramural league here where I'm going to graduate school. There are tons of sports activities in every community for people of all ages, sizes and skill levels. Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?

pablohammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pablohammy
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts

Thats why I get it next year when its 10 dollars.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

trust me never buy ea sports games when they just release wait for a month or two or three for the price to go down coz its just not worth it

killev
Agreed. Madden 11 was on sale for $49.99 as soon as it came out at Sears.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 white_sox

Wrong. I'm sorry your favorite game sucks, but what you just said is what people say when someone tells them their favorite game is a piece of crap. Try and justify throwing your money away all you want, but I don't "suck" at Madden any more than the people I play it with.

My problems with the game are many: It's an overpriced roster update. Not to mention I have issues with the Madden franchise's business practices. Sports games in general are overpriced IMO. It's the exact same game as last year (and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, etc.) with a new feature.

Why would you pay $60 for that? It honestly boggles my mind. What boggles my mind even more are the clowns who pay for NCAA and then three months later go out and pay $60 for the exact same game with different colored uniforms. 2k sports games were the best last gen at $20. At least they were honest about "hey, we know this isn't terribly different from last year, so we're only going to charge you $20."

Those are my major beefs with Madden. My last issue with it really has nothing to do with Madden, but sports games in general. Outside of playing with friends on your couch (a $20 experience), I don't see the point in sports games. Even then I find it hard to justify. I played basketball and baseball in high school, and football in little league when I was a kid. I play basketball in an intramural league here where I'm going to graduate school. There are tons of sports activities in every community for people of all ages, sizes and skill levels. Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?

Aural_Assault

Any sorta proof you've played the last 3 to 4 years of NCAA and Madden?
Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?Aural_Assault
Right, because I can get 22 people together with full pads and play at Soldier field right now. I can call Tony Romo and Brandon Marshall and see if they want to throw around the old pigskin for a couple hours. If you want to play a shooter go to the range. If you want to play guitar hero buy a Les Paul. If you want to play Half-life buy a science kit.

Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

white_sox

Any sorta proof you've played the last 3 to 4 years of NCAA and Madden?
Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?Aural_Assault
Right, because I can get 22 people together with full pads and play at Soldier field right now. I can call Tony Romo and Brandon Marshall and see if they want to throw around the old pigskin for a couple hours. If you want to play a shooter go to the range. If you want to play guitar hero buy a Les Paul. If you want to play Half-life buy a science kit.

We're on a forum so I guess there's nothing I can do to prove to you that I've played the past few years. While I have played every year, the last one I actually bought before 2010 was 2007 (had to cause Shaun Alexander was on the cover and I'm from Seattle). 2010 was same ol' same ol'. It is pretty easy to get 22+ guys together. Join a league. There are tons of them. You actually feel like you're throwing around with Brandon Marshall just because it's in a video game? Wouldn't tossing it around with a friend and pretending he's Brandon Marshall feel more like tossing it around with him than hitting the Y button and watching a virtual reproduction of it?

Buy a science kit? WTF does that even mean? I can see you really thought that one out. If I ever accidentally pay for or play a game where I'm shooting at paper targets with a .22 rifle I'll make sure to remember your advice about shooters. As a guitar player for most of my life, the Guitar Hero game and its clones offend me. Just like I've been an athlete most of my life, sports games are pointless. Guitar Hero and Madden take away from meaningful activity that could be better used honing real life skills without much difficulty. For the price of the first Guitar Hero and its controller you could buy a cheap beginner guitar. For half the price of Madden you could pay a league entrance fee.

Video games should be an art. They should be a vehicle for delivering story. Of course, they can't and shouldn't be such all the time. There are a place for sports games in the industry and medium. But every year? At full price? For little to no innovation or change? With people buying it in the numbers they do? It does more damage than good to the medium as an art, cheapens the experience, gives us the image of and helps us spot the mindless consumer.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="KSEfAN420"]

shaunchgo
What other game modes can they incorporate in Madden? Exhibition, Franchise & Online is all we really need.. so I don't understand. My only problem with the game is the horrible defense/tackling system.

that has always been maddens problem, ESPN 2K5 was so much better, tackling was so much more dynamic
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

We're on a forum so I guess there's nothing I can do to prove to you that I've played the past few years. While I have played every year, the last one I actually bought before 2010 was 2007 (had to cause Shaun Alexander was on the cover and I'm from Seattle). 2010 was same ol' same ol'. It is pretty easy to get 22+ guys together. Join a league. There are tons of them. You actually feel like you're throwing around with Brandon Marshall just because it's in a video game? Wouldn't tossing it around with a friend and pretending he's Brandon Marshall feel more like tossing it around with him than hitting the Y button and watching a virtual reproduction of it?

Buy a science kit? WTF does that even mean? I can see you really thought that one out. If I ever accidentally pay for or play a game where I'm shooting at paper targets with a .22 rifle I'll make sure to remember your advice about shooters. As a guitar player for most of my life, the Guitar Hero game and its clones offend me. Just like I've been an athlete most of my life, sports games are pointless. Guitar Hero and Madden take away from meaningful activity that could be better used honing real life skills without much difficulty. For the price of the first Guitar Hero and its controller you could buy a cheap beginner guitar. For half the price of Madden you could pay a league entrance fee.

Video games should be an art. They should be a vehicle for delivering story. Of course, they can't and shouldn't be such all the time. There are a place for sports games in the industry and medium. But every year? At full price? For little to no innovation or change? With people buying it in the numbers they do? It does more damage than good to the medium as an art, cheapens the experience, gives us the image of and helps us spot the mindless consumer.

Aural_Assault

guitar hero offends you? how do you get offended by guitar hero? and your logic of 'join a league' is so insanely flawed its not funny. Couple of million people buy madden every year do you think they are all athletic enough to play in real life? and even if they are, you saying they shouldnt like madden then? cause i play and still have mates that play, and they still enjoy madden

hckydude1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 hckydude1103
Member since 2005 • 2230 Posts

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

chaoscougar1

guitar hero offends you? how do you get offended by guitar hero? and your logic of 'join a league' is so insanely flawed its not funny. Couple of million people buy madden every year do you think they are all athletic enough to play in real life? and even if they are, you saying they shouldnt like madden then? cause i play and still have mates that play, and they still enjoy madden

I agree that it is a little insane that guitar hero offends you. I play guitar as well and honestly I could care less. If people are unwilling to actually learn an instrument but want to play a game with music then what the heck? But I do agree that at a certain point it's like why not do the real thing? Honestly, it probably would be good if people played a little less madden and played football with their friends or as stated above possibly join a rec leauge.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Cut, paste, hype at E3, repeat.

metroidprime55

I agree. I stopped being a madden head many years ago. I prefer shooters now over football games because I get sick of random events in a football game you cant always control like random fumbles, penalties and injuries to the star player.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

KSEfAN420

on top of that if you rent the game you cannot play online unless you pay a fee to EA.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 white_sox
[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"] We're on a forum so I guess there's nothing I can do to prove to you that I've played the past few years.

Right...if only Microsoft had some kind of tracking system that keeps track of games. Hell maybe we'll have digital photography in the next couple years.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 white_sox
[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"] While I have played every year, the last one I actually bought before 2010 was 2007 (had to cause Shaun Alexander was on the cover and I'm from Seattle). 2010 was same ol' same ol'.

Right. You call the game a annual roster update, but you have played everyone in the past 5 years. Makes sense.
It is pretty easy to get 22+ guys together. Join a league. There are tons of them.Aural_Assault
Maybe in Seattle. I haven't even heard of a flag football league in the midwest.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 white_sox

You actually feel like you're throwing around with Brandon Marshall just because it's in a video game? Wouldn't tossing it around with a friend and pretending he's Brandon Marshall feel more like tossing it around with him than hitting the Y button and watching a virtual reproduction of it?Aural_Assault
I guess if that is how you get down. Many buy Madden to replicate the authentic feel of Sunday...with real players, real stadiums, and real teams.
Buy a science kit? WTF does that even mean? I can see you really thought that one out.Aural_Assault
It was supposed to be exaggerated to show my point.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 white_sox
If I ever accidentally pay for or play a game where I'm shooting at paper targets with a .22 rifle I'll make sure to remember your advice about shooters. Aural_Assault
If I ever accidentally pay for or play a game where I'm throwing a deflated football in my backyard then I'll make sure to remember your advice about Madden.
As a guitar player for most of my life, the Guitar Hero game and its clones offend me. Just like I've been an athlete most of my life, sports games are pointless. Guitar Hero and Madden take away from meaningful activity that could be better used honing real life skills without much difficulty. For the price of the first Guitar Hero and its controller you could buy a cheap beginner guitar. For half the price of Madden you could pay a league entrance fee.Aural_Assault
I don't understand the relationship you have between the game and its real life counterpart. Millions of people buy the Sims to simulate real life...and the mundane things at that. Millions of copies of Gran Turismo and Forza sell every year and driving falls into your category of 'well it can be done in real life'. They make games like this to express freedom and live dreams that are otherwise unachievable in real life.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 white_sox
Video games should be an art. They should be a vehicle for delivering story. Of course, they can't and shouldn't be such all the time. There are a place for sports games in the industry and medium. But every year? At full price? For little to no innovation or change? With people buying it in the numbers they do? It does more damage than good to the medium as an art, cheapens the experience, gives us the image of and helps us spot the mindless consumer.Aural_Assault
You're in the minority there...maybe not on this forum but for most people who play games. If you want a story read a book. If you want a story watch a movie. It's hard to see how you playing Bioshock would be effected by someone buying Madden. Also, before this gets too far out of hand...please feel free to give actual pros and cons of the game rather than a blanket statement about all sports games.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

While I in general agree that this is the best Madden in years, I do wish that they would simply charge us $25-30 to do a full roster update each year. Honestly, the visuals havent changed that greatly in 3 or 4 years therefore making the $60 investment kind of a waste.

dub14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dub14
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts

In Franchise mode, when you have Favre as your QB he retires after the first season.
And it's been that way since Madden 07 if i'm not mistaken.
Come on now EA..