I feel like the only Xbox 360 gamer in my community

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#1 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

well no not really... alot of my friends used to play but now moved on with their lives lol.

But I dont feel lonely really their are millions of people with xbox's that play online so its still fun

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

some of my friends have a Wii, but for the most part only a few of my friends play video games regularly and they usually talk about handheld games.

if anything, i fit in a lot more after switching from PC to 360. most of my GS friends also have a 360

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

Most of my friends in real life have Xbox 360, but they don't play the same games as me. So our situations are not too different. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I still find the XBL community to be great and I find many friends per week. I'd suggest you try another game if you aren't finding the community of your current title to be strong.

Good luck.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MaddenBowler10
all my friends talk about is halo. i get sick of it. its like the only game they know how to play. Heck even some of the girls came over to our anual halo party and they played....
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaddenBowler10

Most of my friends in real life have Xbox 360, but they don't play the same games as me. So our situations are not too different. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I still find the XBL community to be great and I find many friends per week. I'd suggest you try another game if you aren't finding the community of your current title to be strong.

Good luck.

GSU28

i have a lot of games and have HAD alot of games. currently i got the orange box, COD4, marvel ultimate alliance, mass effect, gtaIV, oblivion, nba 2k8, rock band and madden 08. I was (graduated this year) the ONLY good madden player in my school and i never had competition. I guarantee u that no one even knew waht the Orange Box is. Same with Mass Effect and Oblivion.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
all my friends talk about is halo. i get sick of it. its like the only game they know how to play. Heck even some of the girls came over to our anual halo party and they played....MaddenBowler10
It's a good thing you didn't misspell that word any worse...
Pope_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Pope_3000
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
If you are going to college trust me you will meet a lot of gamers especially if you join a fraternity hell since all my buddies remain on the schools LAN we don't even have to play live to play together its a blast...
harblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 harblock
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

I sorta have the same problem only i joined a clan and i seem to play more with my clan mates more then my own friends but it doesnt matter because they all have moved on, i think one of the point of have xbl is to make friends with people from all over the world, so dont feel lonely you friend are just missing out

harblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 harblock
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts
sorta have the same problem only i joined a clan and i seem to play more with my clan mates more then my own friends but it doesnt matter because they all have moved on, i think one of the point of have xbl is to make friends with people from all over the world, so dont feel lonely you friend are just missing out
lasberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lasberry
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts

I have one friend with an Xbox 360. All the others are Playstation loyalists. That's my fault because I'm the person who introduced them to Sony. At any rate, yeah it sucks because I can't play with them but after playing the BF:BC demo, I didn't really miss 'em. Keep ya head up. You'll make new gamer friends in no time.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MaddenBowler10

[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]all my friends talk about is halo. i get sick of it. its like the only game they know how to play. Heck even some of the girls came over to our anual halo party and they played....raahsnavj
It's a good thing you didn't misspell that word any worse...

LOL annual*

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaddenBowler10
i do have like one friend that i played with a lot until recently, he has basically quit all together, although he's still paying for xbox live and new games every once in a while, i dont see him anymore. its kinda gay
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
it seems like all the freshmen this year play two games: Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3. I never liked GH3, and got sick of Halo a few months ago. There aren't too many kids in my grade that speak publicly about gaming, so I'll never truly know how many folks play the 360. Most of my friends don't play video games at all.
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
Well you got the Orange Box the TF2 community there is top notch I've had mroe fun in a single TF2 slirmish then my whole career of playing Halo 3, COD4, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Gears of War.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
I'm the only one of my actual friends that has a 360, but a couple of them come over all the time to play. i know a lot of people at school who i play with on live too. more people around here have wii really.
farid96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 farid96
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
no most have my mates have a 360 and so have ps3 but i dont play my ps3 thta much
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?MaddenBowler10
That's why Microsoft invented XBOX Live.
Faunz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Faunz
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

all my friends talk about is halo. i get sick of it. its like the only game they know how to play. Heck even some of the girls came over to our anual halo party and they played....MaddenBowler10

LOL Im in the exact same circumstance, I tell them that there are many better games but they just keep playin halo, and I think halo sucked donkey doo (my apologies for the crude language). Another friend of mine is a total ninty fanboy, and whenever we play xbox he always pokes and complains about the games on the system.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

well no not really... alot of my friends used to play but now moved on with their lives lol.

But I dont feel lonely really their are millions of people with xbox's that play online so its still fun

Akm4everz

Agreed....gaming is fun but some people have bigger and better things to be focused on. But just as Akm4ever said..there are millions of other people online to game with.:)

JCM28PR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JCM28PR
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
Although alot of my friends play Xbox Live, I was the first one that had 360 in my school and I got alot of friends all over the country and I wasnt bored at all. Just try and find a game that you are good at and get some guys that play with you and befriend those guys.
Soda-Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Soda-Jack
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?MaddenBowler10
Sorry dude, but youre all alone. Your post simply sounds like you should pay more attention to your real social life. Gaming online is an excellent crutch, plus the fact your post screams teen angst. Here is a little bit of helpful advice. Gaming is a hobby, and not a bad hobby. Ask a chic or your friends in a group to go bowling, eating, movie, just ride around, phone number, fishing, sex, wrestling, watch tv, a walk 'n' talk, camping, swimming, rock climbing, arcade, work-out, bike riding, etc,etc, etc. Do this and your stiff wrist, and huge fore-arm will clear right up.
gotenks123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 gotenks123321
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
The year that the 360 came out, it felt like it was only me and my friend that was on. Now there are more people in my area because they recently bought a 360.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MaddenBowler10

[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?Soda-Jack
Sorry dude, but youre all alone. Your post simply sounds like you should pay more attention to your real social life. Gaming online is an excellent crutch, plus the fact your post screams teen angst. Here is a little bit of helpful advice. Gaming is a hobby, and not a bad hobby. Ask a chic or your friends in a group to go bowling, eating, movie, just ride around, phone number, fishing, sex, wrestling, watch tv, a walk 'n' talk, camping, swimming, rock climbing, arcade, work-out, bike riding, etc,etc, etc. Do this and your stiff wrist, and huge fore-arm will clear right up.

so you think from my post, that all i do is play Xbox? You're wrong, but I am not going to blame you. All I was saying is that I probably am little more of a gamer than my friends. And when I say that I am a lone gamer, it also means I don't play it all that much because there really isn't anyone I know that wants to play online with me. I am an athlete, I have a job, and I hanging with my friends a lot outside my house and school. I play games mostly at night anyway. Dont have a girlfriend yet but it'll come.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Quite a few of my friends have 360s, actually a lot of them do. I'm in the same boat as you my friend. They buy games and don't even play them. Well they do, but say for the first couple weeks, then almost never again. Sometimes I wonder why they even own a console and buy games? It seems like a waste of money to me but whatever. However I have one or two friends that do play "somewhat" regularly and that's fun. Mostly I find myself just playing by myself with others which isn't near as fun.
Soda-Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Soda-Jack
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts

[QUOTE="Soda-Jack"][QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?MaddenBowler10

so you think from my post, that all i do is play Xbox? You're wrong, but I am not going to blame you. All I was saying is that I probably am little more of a gamer than my friends. And when I say that I am a lone gamer, it also means I don't play it all that much because there really isn't anyone I know that wants to play online with me. I am an athlete, I have a job, and I hanging with my friends a lot outside my house and school. I play games mostly at night anyway. Dont have a girlfriend yet but it'll come.

Don't be down hearted man. Trust me, if youre not afraid to talk and smile you'll end up with more friends than you can keep up with(or maybe even want). As far as Live, if you talk and have fun with the people you play with, you will fill up your friends list alot easier than you might think. The same goes with women out in the "real world", if your not afraid to smile and talk, you'll find what youre looking for alot easier than you once thought. Just be yourself and smile while youre doing it, everything else is just an afterthought.;)
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
I feel the same way, I live in Whangarei, New Zealand.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MaddenBowler10
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]

[QUOTE="Soda-Jack"][QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]i dont live in a very big town but out of all my friends and such, i feel like the only one that plays my xbox 360 almost regularly. A lot of my friends do have Xbox 360 and live but they know half the games and when they come out, nor do they play it all that much. I haven't played an online match with them in ages. I feel pretty lonely and like the only person with an Xbox. Anyone else feel the same?Soda-Jack

Don't be down hearted man. Trust me, if youre not afraid to talk and smile you'll end up with more friends than you can keep up with(or maybe even want). As far as Live, if you talk and have fun with the people you play with, you will fill up your friends list alot easier than you might think. The same goes with women out in the "real world", if your not afraid to smile and talk, you'll find what youre looking for alot easier than you once thought. Just be yourself and smile while youre doing it, everything else is just an afterthought.;)

are you talking about Xbox live friends or friends in real life? >.>

When i made this thread i was implying about only my gamer friends haha.