I don't know which RPG I should pick

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renwyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Renwyld
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts

Hi!

First of all, I must say I'm a true hack 'n' slash fan. I haven't played one since Diablo 2 and I feel like I really need one right now. I saw that new game, Sacred 2, and it looks awesome, even though it has an average rating of 75 % by the critics. I think it would be the perfect game for me right now, because I really like level-based RPGs like most hack 'n' slashes, but before buying it, I would like to know your opinions about other RPGs.

I heard that Fallout 3 and Fable 2 were pretty good, Oblivion too. I also heard good things about The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, etc... I would like to know if, considering my preferences, buying Sacred 2 would be a the best choice for me or if I should choose a better game.

Thank you very much! =)

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

1.Oblivion

2.Fallout 3

3.Eternal Sonata

4.Mass Effect

5.Fable 2

TheHallWay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheHallWay86
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

if youwant a hack n slash feel, you should try Oblivion, Fable 2, Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia.

40_GLOCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 40_GLOCC
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts
The best hack and slash would be fable 2 at least for me
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
fallout 3 and mass effect are both amazing. i highly recommend either of them. you can probably get ME pretty cheap now. fallout 3 might still be around 50 bucks but its def. worth it, no matter the price
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Fallout 3 is my favorite RPG, but I think you'd be better off getting either Sacred 2 or Fable 2. Fallout 3 is more adventure-based, and really no hack-and-slashing at all. More aim-and-shoot. And I can't recommend The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to anyone.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
1. Mass Effect 2. Fable 2 3. Fallout 3
anime_freak22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 anime_freak22
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

mass efffect, lost odyssey, fallout 3 and fable 2 (in order)....... I hated so muccccccccccchhhhhhhhh oblivion... that game right now means nothing maybewhen it came out it was great...i think you should rent it first.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
oblivion.
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

if u dont have fallout 3 or fable 2 there is no other choice

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

oblivion and fallout must have. oblivion in one run i got 170hrs off the goty one. i just got fallout 3 last sat. and i been putted in abouty 12hrs so far it's great. i had fable 2 when it came out it was great for 2 an half weeks if u know how pace your self. if u dont know how take your time then it just be a 15hr game. but if u can it be a great 30-40hr game

dont play oblivion thinking about using only swords and melee weap just a hint

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

mass efffect, lost odyssey, fallout 3 and fable 2 (in order)....... I hated so muccccccccccchhhhhhhhh oblivion... that game right now means nothing maybewhen it came out it was great...i think you should rent it first.

anime_freak22
it was't just great when it came out. game is great. i hate ppl who only likes new games and ditch great game just because they are a bit old.
anime_freak22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 anime_freak22
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

[QUOTE="anime_freak22"]

k2theswiss

it was't just great when it came out. game is great. i hate ppl who only likes new games and ditch great game just because they are a bit old.

i'm not saying it's bad because it's old... i personally hate the game the graphics are ugly, also the characters, in general i dislike it... i like buying old games most are better than the ones now but not everyone will like a game

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="anime_freak22"]

anime_freak22

i'm not saying it's bad because it's old... i personally hate the game the graphics are ugly, also the characters, in general i dislike it... i like buying old games most are better than the ones now but not everyone will like a game

I hope that was a joke right?

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#15 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I've been pretty disappointed with rpg's on the 360. Fallout 3 is massive and kinda fun but its also tedious and boring. It all comes down to clicking the VATS button that slows down the action and improves the accuracy of your gun. And your weapons and armor degrade it sucks. The Last Remnant started out cool. You get to form several groups of people and battle against several groups of monsters. During each groups turn you get to choose what they do from the choices you are given(which baffles me alot of the time). After awhile though the difficulty becomes to much.

Fable 2 was really disappointing. I remember Fable 1 being so good. When I got my 360 last xmas Fable 2 was going to be the game I baught with it but I got GTA4 instead. Well I finally got around to playing Fable 2 and it was kinda fun at first but the combat is really lame, there isnt really any character customization just upgrades. Buying property and stuff gets boring.

Star Ocean the last hope...that decent I suppose. An ok battle system and cool skills to use. The item crafting kind of sucks and is totally not helpful, atleast at the beginning. But the story and the fights are just crap I have done a bazillion times over with Klassic RPG's. Infinite Undiscovery was even worse. Lame combat, lame story.

I've played through Mass Effect a couple of times and it is fun BUT you dont make any big life or death situations like they show in the trailers(they lied/were talking about sequels that arent coming?). But worse than that the firefights are against a pathetically small group of enemies and they have really stupid AI that consists mostly of just charging at you. Dont expect no awesome item crafting either because there is none, nor is there any real difference in the visuals of the weapons and armor just color palette swaps.

I have been playing games to long. Maybe you will like some of those games because you havent played enough of them. I havent got to try Sacred 2 yet =/. It looks like it has potential but I doubt it will deliver judging from the 360's track record.
guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

Fallout 3 is not a hack and slash, but is a really good RPG none-the-less. Fable 2 is a solid one though if you are looking for that type of RPG.

SithLord5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SithLord5566
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts
Fable 2 or Oblivion