I dont get y people are always aginst halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

defkickjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 defkickjam
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
How come there are always people on fourms and other places alwys saying that halo sauks. Man i think halo is fun and its like the most game i have spent xboxlive on evenĀ  with having Gears of Wars. i think halo 2 so far is the best FPS i have played . ( my opnion)
Techrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Techrolla
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I believe its a small percentage of people that think the game sucks, but every game has its haters.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
It's not so much that people hate on Halo, it's just that people hate Halo Fanboys that believe that Halo 1 and 2, are the best games ever made.Ā  Which simply isn't true.Ā  The Halo games are good, but a little overhyped if you ask me.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
It's not so much that people hate on Halo, it's just that people hate Halo Fanboys that believe that Halo 1 and 2, are the best games ever made. Which simply isn't true. The Halo games are good, but a little overhyped if you ask me.flatline711
QFT!
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I dont really care for Halo. The first was ok but did not care for the 2nd much at all. I really dont like alot of FPS's nor do I like to play online alot.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
It's not so much that people hate on Halo, it's just that people hate Halo Fanboys that believe that Halo 1 and 2, are the best games ever made. Which simply isn't true. The Halo games are good, but a little overhyped if you ask me.flatline711

Don't say it isn't true if you are talking about opinion. If someone thinks it's the best good for them cause they loved their game
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts
Everyones different...
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#8 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts
Halo is one of the greatest games of all time, and I stand by that as fact.Ā  Now to wait for some guy who keeps labeling every new shooter as a "Halo-killer" to call me out. :P
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
Everyones different... gamerking178
rofl, ur siggy! its meee *^^*, i feel special now :)
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
It's because they are not guided.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Great game, awful community, reminds me of the COD2 360 community, giving a ton of bad feedback when they lose, idiots.
comb_over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comb_over
Member since 2005 • 1595 Posts
I would say that Halo haters, are the vast minority actually. Though I guess you could count me amoung them. I dont so much hate Halo though as dont like it if that makes any sense.
Vinny6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vinny6
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts
have you played it, its kind of ridiculous, plus online sucks with all the kids and mods and stuff, hopefully 3 will be good, and Gears is like the grownup version of Halo
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
i dont hate it but i dont like it.. i dont like FPS, i dont like alien games, and i hate the idea of rechargable shields and the fact it takes 1000 shots to kill people.... i like more realisic games like rainbow six vegas....its real people, real situations, and a shot to the head will kill you...its realistic.. I hate sci-fi fantasy, nothing but run and gun action, fps games...
sgpicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sgpicker
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
What is Gears of Wars? And Halo does not sauck. lol
nix6six6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nix6six6
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
because they're probably Sony fanboys!
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

1.) They probably haveint played Halo.

2.) Fanboys.

3.) Theres haters in everything so simply dont talk or listen to them.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChipmunkDeluxe

1.) They probably haveint played Halo.

2.) Fanboys.

3.) Theres haters in everything so simply dont talk or listen to them.

booomer69
you say fanboys... i think your the one being the fanboy if you feel its impossible to not like Halo... i have a 360...ive played halo 2...i dont like it for reasons already stated....am i a fanboy?? No...i just simply dont like halo...
Malitious85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malitious85
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Halo was a good game and arguably one of the best (if not the best) console shooter out there, so I understand why so many people love it. I was never a huge fan of it mostly because IĀ had playedĀ shooters on the PC long before Halo that were much better (e.g. half-life, UT, Quake series...). Halo to me just seemed very shallow, rather boring, and didn't really bring any real innovation to the table to make it noteworthy (Ā other than being a well made, exclusive console shooter).

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChipmunkDeluxe

Halo was a good game and arguably one of the best (if not the best) console shooter out there, so I understand why so many people love it. I was never a huge fan of it mostly because I had played shooters on the PC long before Halo that were much better (e.g. half-life, UT, Quake series...). Halo to me just seemed very shallow, rather boring, and didn't really bring any real innovation to the table to make it noteworthy ( other than being a well made, exclusive console shooter).

Malitious85
yes!!!! i dont understand how people say its the most innovative FPS ever....it didnt innovate anything....other than being the only good FPS on a console (which i highly disagree with) it did nothing to change anything...
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
They're not, it's just that some strange people on these forums say that Halo is overrated, but I highly disagree.
SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 SilV3RSix
Member since 2002 • 1722 Posts
[QUOTE="Malitious85"]

Halo was a good game and arguably one of the best (if not the best) console shooter out there, so I understand why so many people love it. I was never a huge fan of it mostly because I had played shooters on the PC long before Halo that were much better (e.g. half-life, UT, Quake series...). Halo to me just seemed very shallow, rather boring, and didn't really bring any real innovation to the table to make it noteworthy ( other than being a well made, exclusive console shooter).

ChipmunkDeluxe

yes!!!! i dont understand how people say its the most innovative FPS ever....it didnt innovate anything....other than being the only good FPS on a console (which i highly disagree with) it did nothing to change anything...

Sometimes innovation is evolutionary rather than revolutionary. No other game combined the weapons limitations (2 weapons), weapons balancing (besides the pistol), the melee, storyline, music, and enemies the way Halo did. What's more, theyĀ made it accessible to casual gamers. I've never seen another shooter where I could throw a controller in someones hands and say, 'Shoot, Grenade, Reload, Jump, Smack, Enjoy', and off they'd go.

Ā 
It doesn't have to be everyone's favorite game (it's not mine) but it does deserve credit. I mean, what's so special about the Mona Lisa? But you'd be an idiot to just say 'oh that's the worst painting EVER!!'

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
It's not so much that people hate on Halo, it's just that people hate Halo Fanboys that believe that Halo 1 and 2, are the best games ever made.Ā  Which simply isn't true.Ā  The Halo games are good, but a little overhyped if you ask me.flatline711
QFT word.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

I've played both Halo games and I really don't like either. I just find them boring.

Malitious85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Malitious85
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I do agree that it deserves credit, and, like i said, i can understand why so many people love it. The best thing that Halo did was bring the casual gamer into the shooter genre, as well as got many new people into gaming in general. The reason I personally didn't like it is because I have been playign shooters on the PC since the days of the origional Doom, so Halo was nothing new, and I had played much better games in the genre in the past. I guess you could say that it lacked the "wow" factor for me that so many others seemed to have gotten from it.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
imo halo is one of the best games ever made.mostly for the fact thats it a first person shooter,which im a huge fan of.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Dissenters are often the most vocal.
statquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 statquo
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
cause they like to ruin what others enjoy
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
How come there are always people on fourms and other places alwys saying that halo sauks. Man i think halo is fun and its like the most game i have spent xboxlive on evenĀ  with having Gears of Wars. i think halo 2 so far is the best FPS i have played . ( my opnion)defkickjam
unfortunetly it's still a small percentage of us
iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

I agree.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I do agree that it deserves credit, and, like i said, i can understand why so many people love it. The best thing that Halo did was bring the casual gamer into the shooter genre, as well as got many new people into gaming in general. The reason I personally didn't like it is because I have been playign shooters on the PC since the days of the origional Doom, so Halo was nothing new, and I had played much better games in the genre in the past. I guess you could say that it lacked the "wow" factor for me that so many others seemed to have gotten from it.Malitious85
Sorry for the double post but i'm in the exact same state of mind as this guy.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChipmunkDeluxe

I've never seen another shooter where I could throw a controller in someones hands and say, 'Shoot, Grenade, Reload, Jump, Smack, Enjoy', and off they'd go.

SilV3RSix

thats why i dont like it...thats all there is to the game..

i hate just plain old action games where you are a one man army that runs around taking out entire bases by nothing but shooting everything that moves, mindless action games arent good in my opinion....add that to the fact its a FPS which i dont like, added with the whole save the world from alien thing which i dont like....its just a game which i dont like at all...

the only good FPS is Rainbow Six:Vegas......its seems to be the only one where you actually have to watch what your doing instead of running around throwing grenades...
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

Exactly
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
you gotta keep in mind too, when you have something that has so much attention on it continually, its going to draw the haters out of the woodwork more frequently.Ā  if you have something that flies below the radar and isnt a megahit, less people will hate on it or complain or whatever you want to call it.Ā  you just dont see it as much and the hype for it is not as great.Ā  this goes for anything in life, as well as Halo.Ā Ā 
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Well, to put it quite simply, it is justĀ based onĀ HAVING ONE'S OWN OPINION....nothing more and nothing less. We all are entitled to ohaving one, you know?:P So no sense in "not understanding" why someone does not agree with YOU. That is flat outĀ just narrow mindedĀ  and down right silly to do so.

As for myself, I think that Halo 1 was a great game....certainly not the best by a LONG shot, but still great, regardless. Halo 2 was alright for me, but a bit of a let down as opposed to how much I enjoyed the first one. I truly hope and believe that Halo 3 will be better than either 1 or 2, but that of course remains to be seen.

Anyway, yes of course Halo is a great series of games, and yes they are considered to be "the best" by some, but that is just their own personal opinions. What I think the vast majority of us can agree on, however, is that despite how good the Halo series is, it is certainly not the holy grail of gaming that some hold it to be.

To each their own, man....simple as that.Ā Some like it, some do not and never will, while others think that it is just OK. What is the difference and why should it bother you either way, if you are indeedĀ secure with YOUR OWN opinion that is?

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
I love the game, I don't know what you're talking about.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

It's not so much that people hate on Halo, it's just that people hate Halo Fanboys that believe that Halo 1 and 2, are the best games ever made.Ā  Which simply isn't true.Ā  The Halo games are good, but a little overhyped if you ask me.flatline711

Agreed... they're sortof like the last generation's Gears Of War: a very well-made game with good multiplayer that just isn't (and COULDN'T be) as good as some people tend to think it is.

I love Gears and, although I didn't get the opportunity to get that much time with them, I loved what I saw of the Halo games (reminded me of Goldeneye in a way), butĀ it is really irritating when people go so overboard with the praise.