I did alot of research for X1 owners. Storage solution.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Not really SystemWars material. Just a helpful thread for guys scrambling for more storage on the X1. If you guys are like me you don't buy Multi-plats on PS4 due to PSN, with space becoming an issue. Here's the solution I came up with.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B229W04/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This 3TB hard drive seems to be the best bang for the buck. Nice size cache 64mb. SATA 3, 7200rpm, 4.1 seek time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KGNXTE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This external enclosure. Which is normally $29, has a quiet fan to keep the device cool . Has high reviews.

I tried to find a non powered solution at 7200 rpm... not going to happen.

For terabit size and quality. This is one of the best solutions I could come up with, so far.

$130 for a fast 3 TB drive, and enclosure. Everything needed to set this up comes with the products in the links. No need to buy cables "USB 3.0" or anything.

I hope this helps some people on here.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

HD stands for high definition

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

60 characters titles stands for hard drive.

I edited.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The only issue I have is that I really dislike things dangling out of my home entertainment setup.

Still, I appreciate you are trying to be helpful to those that have a need of an Xbone memory solution.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

I edited.

You could also use HDD if you wanted. The change works as well.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By B4X

@SolidTy said:

The only issue I have is that I really dislike things dangling out of my home entertainment setup.

Still, I appreciate you are trying to be helpful to those that have a need of an Xbone memory solution.

Isn't this funny how this comes with a 6 feet cable solution to combat that problem.

Box of rocks?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

This is more Xbox Discussion material. Do you want me to move it @b4x: ? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense here in SW.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:

Isn't this funny how this comes with a 6 feet cable solution to combat that problem.

Box of rocks?

mate i know what you're saying, but its not really a solution to solid's problem. it's an extra cable across the floor, and cables on the floor make women ANGRY. and when women are angry, oh man. oh jeez. oh shit.

but yes please i would like a box of rocks as long as they're igneous.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 B4X

@SolidTy said:
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

I edited.

Don't you have something better to damage control. Sony Personal Relations is never complete. Keep up the hard work.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

....and B4X is already destroying his own thread

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidTy

@CrownKingArthur said:
@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:

Box of rocks?

mate i know what you're saying, but its not really a solution to solid's problem. it's an extra cable across the floor, and cables on the floor make women ANGRY. and when women are angry, oh man. oh jeez. oh shit.

My man understands.

It's about aesthetics and the XX chromosomes.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 B4X

@Desmonic said:

This is more Xbox Discussion material. Do you want me to move it TC? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense here in SW.

Those forums are dead. Do what you will though.

Cable across the floor...... lmfao

How about set it behind a picture or piece of equipment on your entertainment stand.

WTF?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@b4x: Alright I'm going to move it there. It's not really SW material, sorry dude. It is indeed helpful though! :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

I edited.

Don't you have something better to damage control. Sony Personal Relations is never complete. Keep up the hard work.

lol, Who pissed in your cheerios Mr Xbox PR shill? Is that how one responds to such horrible negativity?

I offered two compliments to this thread and you have responded with hostility.

How come everything about you is so aggro? You see my post above? That post was helping you out. You didn't know the difference between HD and HDD, and I posted an option FOR YOU for your thread. I even complimented you that the change you made in the title works as well. There was no vitriol. I didn't stop and call you the any names although everyone here knows what you are.

Stop acting like an a huge jerk. If I call you something, I would understand, but I didn't do anything of the sort. So settle down, kiddo.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B4X

@Desmonic said:

@b4x: Alright I'm going to move it there. It's not really SW material, sorry dude. It is indeed helpful though! :)

Thank you good sir. Maybe the apologetic Sony cheerleader will find something better to do.

As if there is a different solution in an Xbox setup.

@SolidTy My man understands.

No slurs? I love having face to faces with condescending people. I embrace it. You know what I mean?

When I meet people, I beg them to be condescending. I can't get enough of it. I live for high octane moments.

How about you?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CrownKingArthur

so glad I ctrl+c'd my post. guys, we almost lost this:

@b4x: i know. it seems silly. it seems like a small thing. me, i'd be running the cable across the floor.

but those human females, if it weren't for their modern self-lubricating vaginas - everyone would just lay their cables across the floor. keeping them happy is a sure fire way to get continuous unrestricted access to the vagina - and maintain a steady flow of 10W40.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

Thank you good sir. Maybe the will find something better to do.

As if there is a different solution in an Xbox setup.

@SolidTy My man understands.

No slurs? I love having face to faces with condescending people. I embrace it. You know what I mean?

When I meet people, I beg them to be condescending. I can't get enough of it. I live for high octane moments.

How about you?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? ...I mean besides the Xbox Salesman of the Year persona...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy
@lostrib said:

....and B4X is already destroying his own thread

It started out so good too...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 B4X

@SolidTy said:
@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

I edited.

lol, Who pissed in your cheerios Mr Xbox PR schill? Is that how one responds to such horrible negativity?

I offered two compliments to this thread and you have responded with hostility.

How come everything about you is so aggro? You see my post above? That post was helping you out. You didn't know the difference between HD and HDD, and I posted an option FOR YOU for your thread. I even complimented you that the change you made in the title works as well. There was no vitriol. I didn't stop and call you the any names although everyone here knows what you are.

Stop acting like an a huge jerk. If I call you something, I would understand, but I didn't do anything of the sort. So settle down, kiddo.

Well you don't like the appearances of an USB cable sticking out of the side of your X1 we get it.

There is no other solution though at this point. How hard do you think it is to hide that box in an entertainment setup.

You always sprinkle in some intentional slam like that in every post.. as if there is a different solution to the storage needs on the X1.

That's like saying I love the car... It's just that windshield is a eyesore.

It is the only solution ATM for X1.

Stop acting innocent. If it is anything about the X1 you try to spin it into a negvitive light.

Your post history is a gold mine. I admit I call out Sony for their trash. The thing is you hide behind a mask of BS.. and defend their incompetence. Kiddo.

QFT

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 B4X

@CrownKingArthur said:

so glad I ctrl+c'd my post. guys, we almost lost this:

@b4x: i know. it seems silly. it seems like a small thing. me, i'd be running the cable across the floor.

but those human females, if it weren't for their modern self-lubricating vaginas - everyone would just lay their cables across the floor. keeping them happy is a sure fire way to get continuous unrestricted access to the vagina - and maintain a steady flow of 10W40.

In what setup would cables be going across the floor? Pictures please. Did you look at the links? In what setup would there EVER be cables going across the floor? Are you serious man?

I'll take a picture of my setup. See if you can find Waldo / HDD?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy

@b4x said:

Well you don't like the appearances of an USB cable sticking out of the side of your X1 we get it.

There is no other solution though at this point. How hard do you think it is to hide that box in an entertainment setup.

You always sprinkle in some intentional slam like that in every post.. as if there is a different solution to the storage needs on the X1.

Stop acting innocent. If it is anything about the X1 you try to spin it into a negvitive light.

Your post history is a gold mine. I admit I call out Sony for their trash. The thing is you hide behind a mask of BS.. and defend their incompetence. Kiddo.

Yes, it's one solution that you offered and I told you I appreciated the work in my first post. Another option is buying the 1TB Xbone that went on sale this holiday (or get one used/trade for one), another is to wait for an even larger TB system to release (E3 2015?), and yet another is to wait for HDD prices to drop for even cheaper deals, another solution is to wait for a specific HDD deal for Xbone, or even another solution is to delete games that you don't play. You did provide an option though, yes, and that's fine.

Secondly, your post history is a gold mine. It's just rife with insanity and trolling. I love my posting history, it full of accurate posts. The rest of your post is just some sort of strange dredged up slight you dreamt up. You need to learn to read my posts and comment on those posts instead of being aggressive and hostile every-time you see my (and various other users) posts. Your actions today were uncalled for. I can guess you were having a bad day, but that doesn't excuse your behavior. I have bad days too, and I don't rashly antagonize and flame users, even users like you that are incredibly biased, rude, and inaccurate a lot of times.

It's not hard to do what I do, it's called Being On Topic. That's my first paragraph above is for, talking about options. Read my posts again. My first two posts contained compliments TO YOU (despite how rude you have been to ME and others) and were helpful; my first two posts were NOT hostile. My third post wasn't hostile. I answered another friendly user. You decided to fiercely attack with vitriol all my posts for no reason. I get that it's System Wars, but you take it too far and are WAY TOO SERIOUS. Your reaction to my mild and helpful posts was STRANGE and RUDE. Considering how rude you are all the time, it would be easy for me to visit your posts with hostility, but I don't. Why is that? It's because I choose to take the high road and lead by example. I stay on topic. Case closed.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By B4X

@SolidTy said:

@b4x said:

Yes, it's one solution that you offered and I told you I appreciated the work in my first post. Another option is buying the 1TB Xbone that went on sale this holiday (or get one used/trade for one), another is to wait for an even larger TB system to release, and yet another is to wait for HDD prices to drop for even cheaper deals or even delete games that you don't play. You did provide an option and that's fine.

Secondly, your post history is a gold mine. It's just rife with insanity and trolling. The rest of your post is just some sort of strange dredged up slight you dreamt up. You need to learn to read my posts and comment on those posts instead of being aggressive and hostile every-time you see my (and various other) users posts.

It's not hard, it's called Being On Topic. Read my posts again, none of my posts were hostile. Considering how rude you are all the time, it would be easy for me to visit your posts with hostility, but I don't.Why is that? It's because I choose to take the high road and lead by example. I stay on topic. Case closed.

What do you mean that I offered... IT is the ONLY solution for people that already own the system.

EDIT: First you say buy a new X1 with a bigger HDD.. or wait for the price of HDD's to come down. You can't make this shit up.

Read that post you just wrote. I mean read it. You seem to like to talk down to me? You're a nobody Sony Ass kisser on a gaming forum. That would NEVER talk to me with your condescending tone in person. Don't say you would either. It would be the last time my man.

You're posts are complete BS. I read them how they are truly intended. You know this.

See here's the thing about my so called crazy. I'm always right... you're an apologetic Sony ass kisser. I bash both sides.

Check my post history... The chicks dig it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidTy

@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:

@b4x said:

Yes, it's one solution that you offered and I told you I appreciated the work in my first post. Another option is buying the 1TB Xbone that went on sale this holiday (or get one used/trade for one), another is to wait for an even larger TB system to release (E3 2015?), and yet another is to wait for HDD prices to drop for even cheaper deals, another solution is to wait for a specific HDD deal for Xbone, or even another solution is to delete games that you don't play. You did provide an option though, yes, and that's fine.

Secondly, your post history is a gold mine. It's just rife with insanity and trolling. I love my posting history, it full of accurate posts. The rest of your post is just some sort of strange dredged up slight you dreamt up. You need to learn to read my posts and comment on those posts instead of being aggressive and hostile every-time you see my (and various other users) posts. Your actions today were uncalled for. I can guess you were having a bad day, but that doesn't excuse your behavior. I have bad days too, and I don't rashly antagonize and flame users, even users like you that are incredibly biased, rude, and inaccurate a lot of times.

It's not hard to do what I do, it's called Being On Topic. That's my first paragraph above is for, talking about options. Read my posts again. My first two posts contained compliments TO YOU (despite how rude you have been to ME and others) and were helpful; my first two posts were NOT hostile. My third post wasn't hostile. I answered another friendly user. You decided to fiercely attack with vitriol all my posts for no reason. I get that it's System Wars, but you take it too far and are WAY TOO SERIOUS. Your reaction to my mild and helpful posts was STRANGE and RUDE. Considering how rude you are all the time, it would be easy for me to visit your posts with hostility, but I don't. Why is that? It's because I choose to take the high road and lead by example. I stay on topic. Case closed.

What do you mean that I offered... IT is the ONLY solution for people that already own the system.

Read that post you just wrote. I mean read it. You seem to like to talk down to me? You're a nobody on a gaming forum. That would NEVER talk to me with your condescending tone in person. Don't say you would either. It would be the last time my man.

You're posts are complete BS. I read them how they are truly intended. You know this.

See here's the thing about my so called crazy. I'm always right... you're an apologetic Sony ass kisser. I bash both sides.

Check my post history... The chicks dig it.

It's not the only solution as I posted, but it is a solution, definitely. You can delete games you don't play is another option. I also listed other options. Stop being an Xbox Ass Kisser on a gaming forum and settle down. Can't you make a point without name calling? Is that too hard for you?

BTW: I would talk down to you in person and I would do more if I needed to. I meet jerks in bars all the time and I've been in plenty of fights. Thank god for the internet where even tiny guys can find a voice as you are apt to prove. In real life, this conversation would have been over in the first five minutes once you saw my stature towering over you. In fact, the conversation wouldn't have happened as you would have waited in a corner for me to leave before you bullied some other person. You wouldn't even play pool with me, you wouldn't arm wrestle me, you would wait in the corner quietly like a mouse that knows his role, and wait for me to leave before quietly putting up your quarters. The internet is funny, right? It gives you a place to feel big.

Chicks dig my setup...oh yeaaah. ;) A lot of women I met like tall, strong guys that can open up and sing with them, play pool with them (even let them win sometimes), take them out dancing, dinner, poker, and generally just have fun. Some girls are great at pool. Chicks dig it! :P

None of this bottom of your post has anything to do with HDDs, but I did respond as it's polite.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CrownKingArthur

'cables running across the floor' - it just means visible cables where females don't wanna see 'em.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By B4X

@CrownKingArthur said:

'cables running across the floor' - it just means visible cables where females don't wanna see 'em.

How is a 3ft cable visible running under the X1 to the back of an entertainment stand to the hidden HDD?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 B4X

@SolidTy: Where do you drink?

Loading Video...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CrownKingArthur

@b4x: that sounds like a very tidy installation you're describing, which should leave a Mrs no opportunity to complain.

if i may offer one potential enhancement - i'd suggest people install it while the wife/girlfriend/fiance is busy doing something out of the house. hopefully, they won't even notice the extra usb and power cable.

because if they do notice it, it will be world of world war 3 - 2.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I was thinking of expanding as well and was considering the seagate backup plus fast. a little more pricey but maybe I can find a deal on it at some point.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Right, this topic is being locked.

In the future, discuss what the topic was, which was hard drive prices which was helping people out. Bringing in other subjects just derailed what was a helpful thread. This is not System Wars, so do not act like it is.

Thank you.